Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter !!

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

5 4.76%
  • 2 (Average)

14 13.33%
  • 3 (Good)

37 35.24%
  • 4 (Great!)

39 37.14%
  • 5 (Epic)

8 7.62%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 1.90%
New Reply
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 666 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 666 Discussion/ 667 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Won't be surprised if the brothers can shrink and grow. Although, that seems a little bit to farfetched.
    I guess that's the most popular thought, but what about Nami/Frankys body? In that case they must be also able to change size to their belongings. So while one brother is able to change size, the other must be related with sound maybe? Since they are known to be silent assassins.

Anyway, even if they had the ability to shrink/grow size, Luffy would be still able to find them with haki, if he concentrates.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    what?? CC uses a pistol??? so he is weak! and he must be an idiot too,since he was expecting law not to stop the bullet. I'm getting more and more suspicious that CC is actually strong,he is just a scientist,imo.
    Blackbeard uses a flintlock.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

How can the strawhats still be that much underestimated ? Normally, given their outrageous past, anyone, even a yonkou should be worried by the news "strawhats are here". Two giants are telling Caesar that they killed easily roronoa zoro & Caesar isn't even asking them if they are sure ?

I would like to see a villain who isn't taking victory for granted.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they are just that good, maybe that's the reason Caesar said: "It might be overdoing it but... I sent those two over there." I hope the Mugiwaras won't meet any more antagonists as weak as Caribou and assassins from the New World should be capable of "something". If a fighter like Zoro lies on the ground, that usually means that he's K.O., not that he's disguisng himself as a corpse.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 09, 2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: slow day, to many mistakes, arg
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    So that was the shadow of death Hawkins saw on Brownbeard. Poor guy.
    Can a moderator change McNuss status from "Jr.Member" to "Saint Member" ?
    We found someone who cares for Brownbeard.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

As always Law stole the interest of this chapter. Why did he come here ? How does he know Joker ? Who reminds him CC ? And still no news about his crew. Also there was the interesting comment about the log pose. It really seems like it is impossible to come here by normal means, I hope it will be revealed one day how marines do.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

CC: “If you call your friends you’ll do even better”… So, contrary to what was supposed, CC doesn’t have Law’s crew captured, and haven’t used it at all to blackmail him. (here, I assume “Law’s friends” are his crew).

CC: “You want to stay at PH?”… So Law and CC aren’t mates or forced mates in a team, and it is highly probable they don’t purpose the same objectives. Specially, Law is not obeying orders from CC. They have some kind of mutual help agreement; an agreement that is compatible with CC requesting Law to cut some beings for his experiments, and Law ruling in some respects to CC: “You are not to tell anyone I am here. That includes Joker”.

About that agreement, each part has some dirty secrets to each other: (experimented children for one and connection with SHs for the other). In fact, Monet making some notes about who Law is and what can he do, suggest Law just have arriving recently to PH, or at least meeting recently CC’s group. Also, notice that CC is capable of believe Law asked Luffy to come to PK. So they must not know much about each other.

But, even knowing those secrets, each one can keep that agreement. None part trust each other, and as far as there is no conflict of interests, each one can have that only-business coexistence.

How they help each other? It seems Law helps CC guarding PH, and so, facilitating CC’s experiments follow peacefully; a luxury vigilant. CC seems to believe that shishibukai condition gives him and his boss some kind of security about Law’s intentions. (Behind CC could be WG or some part of it; and... couldn’t be that security one of the reasons why Law wanted Shishibukai title?)

But how CC helps Law? Any ideas? I don’t even have a clue. Law shows himself very interested on PH… but, again, he is, to me, a complete mystery.

matzik1212

Regarding cool bros, they can be really strong in this way: they could be subjects of previous succeed experiments, who could develop some kind of addiction. Voices could be related to it. Their addictions would be their weak point exploited by CC. But addicted as they can be, they still can be powerful subjects. … (If someone uses surprise tactics, that doesn’t mean he/she can’t fight without them.)
    Last edited by ukimix; May 09, 2012 at 02:52 PM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    My problem is the pot is moving without explanation, as if disappearing in thin air is the most natural occurrence. Remember when Soru was used? Characters made statements that they are extremely fast. Same with Kuma, as he used his fast movement technique for the first time, Nami made a remark about that.

The yeti brothers disappearing feels like magical plot move. A move which the plot required, only to let the showdown between the SHs and the brothers to happen some time later. Basically the disappearance is nothing but a weak excuse. Plot no jutsu. Nothing like soru. I dislike this sort of story writing. Simply because authors can use it whenever they please. Just like hypnosis, tiny invisible wires and mirror reflection abilities. These type of techniques are often used to excuse anything.

Feels like those (simple written) children magic series I watched as a kid. Villains can disappear whenever they want, but in the final showdown u don't see them using the ability.

Anyway, knowing Oda he might explain this. If not I will be disappointed. I hope my point is understandable, as it is a bit difficult to explain.
    HAhaahha I thought I use to be only one who use to watch those movies and be like hey why doesn't the bad guy just disappear like before??LOL

But it would be bad writing on Oda's part if he doesn't give a good explanation for their sudden appearance/disappearance, but I think he will give a good reason, I also think that the brothers could have been experimented on and hence achieved those powers, since I don't think it can be a DF. Oda just keeps adding more mystery to this arc, it kinda makes it 1. hard to talk about each chapter although Rand 2. Predict what the hell is gonna happen next.
    But I guess that's why we like One Piece

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    But how CC helps Law? Any ideas? I don’t even have a clue. Law shows himself very interested on PH… but, again, he is, to me, a complete mystery.
    I think he helps him by staying out of his business and being not to curious. Now that I think about it, his research on WG facilities may be related to the 'what are you sheming' comment he spoke to Smoker

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I think he helps him by staying out of his business and being not to curious. Now that I think about it, his research on WG facilities may be related to the 'what are you sheming' comment he spoke to Smoker
    Yeah, it could be. One Piece world is a fighting world, then, how they got that agreement? They had to discover in some moment that it would be convenient to get that agreement. How it does happen… no idea.

And about staying out of Law's business, that tremble CC's hand holding a gun can mean that CC fears Law. Notice that Law gives much more importance to Joker knowing about him than to CC knowing about him. CC and Law could know that Joker could come to make things difficult to Law... just a conjecture.
    Last edited by ukimix; May 09, 2012 at 03:21 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Even someone like Caesar can get scared by a Shichibukai, especially if he has such a murderous reputation. See how he was trembling when he drew out the gun? What do we learn from that, don't get on their bad side.

My opinion on Joker:
    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Since he knows about Joker I doubt that he will try to expose him, maybe he's a highly ranked marine. Law could just keep the information hidden of him, staying at a even for Shichibukai prohibited islands, so Joker won't have something on Trafalgar. Or Joker does know about the secret experiments from the past and he can't learn about [Dr.] Laws search for something immensly valuable/important.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 09, 2012 at 04:04 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At first, I thought that Zoro, Sanji, and Brook were playing possum and the brothers found them that way. However, I'm betting that it has something to do with Brook's powers that make them appear dead.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Blue Lotus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent chapter. Never imagined that Bon Clay would become the New Kama Land Queen on level 5.5, but it's a great development nonetheless. Seems like the perfect role for him. The Yeti Bros are already far cooler than I thought they would be. I'm seriously hoping the other Strawhats get to take them on. And Caesar is becoming more interesting by the chapter. Can't wait to see what this guy can do. I also like the pace at which Law's motives are coming to light. Seems like we'll get another teaser at his true intentions next chapter. Great to see Luffy using the Color of Observation. I'm anxiously awaiting the day we'll see him use it during a fight again. Lastly, Smoker and Tashigi, where art thou?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow it seems Oda really is trying to make Magellan look like crap more and more.

After being demoted, we discover not only he didn't kill Bon Clay, but that he is better than ever and those prisoners are still enjoying themselves at lv 5.5.

It's funny how CC can point a gun to Law with no consequences, it appears like Law is inferior to him, though I think he acts like that because of his hidden agenda.
    Last edited by Buggy; May 09, 2012 at 04:32 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Lotus View Post
    Excellent chapter. Never imagined that Bon Clay would become the New Kama Land Queen on level 5.5, but it's a great development nonetheless. Seems like the perfect role for him. The Yeti Bros are already far cooler than I thought they would be. I'm seriously hoping the other Strawhats get to take them on. And Caesar is becoming more interesting by the chapter. Can't wait to see what this guy can do. I also like the pace at which Law's motives are coming to light. Seems like we'll get another teaser at his true intentions next chapter. Great to see Luffy using the Color of Observation. I'm anxiously awaiting the day we'll see him use it during a fight again. Lastly, Smoker and Tashigi, where art thou?
    Hopefully, all those questions will be answered next chapter, and perhaps we'll find out what really happened to Zoro and the others.

New Reply
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast