Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter !!

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

5 4.76%
  • 2 (Average)

14 13.33%
  • 3 (Good)

37 35.24%
  • 4 (Great!)

39 37.14%
  • 5 (Epic)

8 7.62%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 1.90%
New Reply
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 666 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 666 Discussion/ 667 Prediction

In the end, a great chapter for me. I like it how Oda puts the myth of the Yeti into those two brothers: Huge bear-like humanoids to show up and appear in a wink of an eye which is why no one can say if they do exist in the Real World or not. I wonder if they are both like Chopper: Animals with a Zoan fruit and able to transform into huge beings like Chopper's monster point or Impel Down's awakened Zoan users Minotauros, Minorhinoceros etc. Since there's only one unique DF power at the same time they likely use different models?

Spoiler: proleptic response to disagreers show

And CC pointing a pistol to Law makes me wonder if CC has some Kairoseki bullets (like the "gaol ammunition" from Impel Down the wardens were yelling for when they faced Crocodile in Level 4.) At least he doesn't want to endanger Monet who still is useful to him.

BTW... It seems confirmed that Monet is a normal human and that she either is a DF user or has been modified ... Look at her body in the short flashback. I'm placing my bet on a harpy DF though - or a "standard" bird DF while Monet only uses a harpy form like Marco.

To pick up the discussion on her joining the Strawhats: How CC handled Brownbeard and his men, I think Monet might become useless to CC at some point, too...
    Last edited by hoeru; May 10, 2012 at 08:59 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does everyone see a devil fruit in monet. The only time she was fully human was in the flashback before law arrived. Isn't it then logic that she asked law to modify her like he did for the other ? Why not ask to a power up when you can especially if it is the ability to fly. Plus it's not has if she can't change back

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regino's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I must admit that I am not that happy with the current arc. For me it is all to confusing, I miss a real structure... there are so many side stories and so many characters involved and the only real fixed part is Clown Ceasar.

I hope it will get better soon...
    "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Henry Ford

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    The only time she was fully human was in the flashback before law arrived.
    Could you please point me to that flashback?

About Monet, I would like to see a Monet vs Robin in Lab's library. They resemble each other in some respects: like to read (they prefer to read instead of being in the midle of action), tall women, beauty... It would be pretty nice. (Btw, for that resemblance I dont see her as a nakama)
    Last edited by ukimix; May 10, 2012 at 10:06 AM.

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does everyone see a devil fruit in monet.
    I said "It seems confirmed that Monet is a normal human and that she either is a DF user or has been modified ... " thus leaving both options open.

I'd like a DF transformation more than a body modification as it didn't seem necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Could you please point me to that flashback?
    Well, Monet is fully human in the flashback of the current chapter. Oda switched from present to past and then back to present when CC and Law talked about the Strawhats.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

You said you prefer the devil fruit option and my point is that i don't understand how it can be a prefered option when the modified by law one is more logical

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    How can the strawhats still be that much underestimated ? Normally, given their outrageous past, anyone, even a yonkou should be worried by the news "strawhats are here". Two giants are telling Caesar that they killed easily roronoa zoro & Caesar isn't even asking them if they are sure ?

I would like to see a villain who isn't taking victory for granted.
    I actually find that pretty laughable . I mean the part with the brothers telling those masked guys they killed Zoro so easily . Them being so serious while telling that and throwing the wanted posters was really funny , at least for me , 'cause there's just no way they managed that without hurting them . They are cheap bastards

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Lotus View Post
    Excellent chapter. Never imagined that Bon Clay would become the New Kama Land Queen on level 5.5, but it's a great development nonetheless. Seems like the perfect role for him. The Yeti Bros are already far cooler than I thought they would be. I'm seriously hoping the other Strawhats get to take them on. And Caesar is becoming more interesting by the chapter. Can't wait to see what this guy can do. I also like the pace at which Law's motives are coming to light. Seems like we'll get another teaser at his true intentions next chapter. Great to see Luffy using the Color of Observation. I'm anxiously awaiting the day we'll see him use it during a fight again. Lastly, Smoker and Tashigi, where art thou?
    Well i don't think CC is a fighter . He's a scientist and him having a Logia power doesn't make him a good fighter IMO . More like it gives him a great advantage since not many people can mess him him , except the ones who can use haki . Still i have to say that for some sort of reason i like this CC guy , especially his design And he's a pretty smart guy as well . Someone mentioned that he was afraid when he threatened Law with a gun . Well that's another reason for me to think he's not the fighter type . He's just a scientist who's only purpose now is revenge against the WG and he noticed that Law is also the same kind as him . He's aware that Law could turn against him any time . After all he stays on PH and helps him guarding it on his own accord as we just saw.

Now the mysterious one is still Law . I don't really get him at all . What is his purpose. God i don't have a clue about him *sigh* Still a thing is certain for me and that is that his crew isn't nowhere to be found which is a strange thing . When he mentioned to Luffy they both have things to get back he must have referred to his crew IMO .

As for Joker i still think he's that guy we saw talking with DoFlamingo . I just don't feel the need for Law to call a fellow Shichibukai like DoFlamingo on a code name . This Joker dude is for sure someone in a very high position who has his own interests and by helping CC he is getting nearer his own goal .

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to hear Monets back story. At first i thought she also was one of the criminals who lost their limbs, but after seeing her as a normal human, that can't be the case. We know that Caesars goal is to do some illegal chemical research. We don't know what exactly, but at least we know the direction. Monets goals for serving CC are unknown, which opens up another mystery in this arc.

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

You said you prefer the devil fruit option and my point is that i don't understand how it can be a prefered option when the modified by law one is more logical
    Well, based on facts from the manga, due to Marco's harpy-like transformation in the Marineford War starting from chapter 554 a devil fruit is simply as logic as a body modification by Trafalgar Law. It's you who prefers the non-DF option though which is a valid assumption.

Additionally, we've only seen about like 50-65 canon devil fruits while there's still Oda's statement from Volume 4 SBS that more than 100 different fruits exist. So it's not unlikely that Oda just put three more ability users into his story with Monet and the Yeti Bros., as Clown just turned out to be an ability user.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I still say the law option is more logic
    On page 3 and 6 you have almost 2 identical scenes. Law, mone and cc chatting in his office. If she had a devil fruit wouldn't it be logical she stays in the human form which is probably the most confortable one in such case ?

We have plenty of hybrid creatures which are officially created by law, isn't it more logic that this one is the same ?
    I don't deny the df is a possibility, i'm just surprised most of the readers prefer the farfetched solution.

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

I still say the law option is more logic
    Logic is an absolute term. Either something is logic or not. What you mean is "likely"or "probable/probably".

Or do you want me to oppose your option so much? I'm open for both though I'd like the DF solution more than the body modification. So there's no need to argue on that - you can still go on if you like to though.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

When we 1st meet CC remember that he also preferred to stay in his DF form and we even thought he was a failed experiment back then . Now we know for sure that he has a DF , the gas DF so Mone staying in Harpy mode doesn't necessarily imply she doesn't have a DF and is the result of Law's doings . It may be that just as CC, she feels better in her DF form . More relaxed so to say since we saw that they don't completely trust Law so her being constantly in that form may be a form of defense Hmm don't know it's just a thought though

Anyway i also find her an interesting character . CC trust her very much it seems so she must be really dependable . But i'm still not very sure about their relationship . Mone is a very smart girl , i'm sure there's also something she's after in all this story

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see the abstract logic to thinking that she is a zoan fruit user, but that logic is very hard to apply to this arc. Law has the power to mix and match body parts, and has used this ability to give crippled prisoners animal legs. Monet was shown to have normal arms and legs when Law arrived, yet she has only been shown with wings and bird legs since. The most logical train of thought would be that Law gave her those wings and legs. While it is possible that she is a zoan fruit user there are no plot points to suggest this, while there are plenty that point to her alterations being the work of Law. It should also be noted that Caesar Clown was identified as a fruit user as soon as he was fully introduced.

While I was thinking about Monet during this chapter I can not claim that her wings were the body part that drew my attention :dare

What really caught my attention this week were hints about why Law is on Punk Hazard. He wanted an island that is not logged and is willing to ignore CC's activities in exchange for access to the research material at Punk Hazard. Obviously he became a Shichibukai to avoid government harassment while carrying out his plan. This must be related to whatever he wants to regain, there must be information in Vegapunk's old notes that can help him regain whatever he lost. Even more interesting that hew did not know the children were drugged, and his anger upon learning the truth. While the topic of Monet's wings are truly fascinating and relevant , I really want to know what Law is planning. And I really want to know what he will do next chapter. I assume he is going to fight the Yeti Brothers and save the Strawhats, but that remains to be seen.

Why is everyone so surprised that CC is so sloppy? Law himself was critical of CC's naivety.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Logic is an absolute term. Either something is logic or not. What you mean is "likely"or "probable/probably".
    Logic is a method of inquiry, nothing about it is absolute. The most logical methodology when analyzing writing is to look for hints, clues, and foreshadowing in the text (and art, in the case of a comic). The clearer the clues followed, the more likely the prediction is to come true. But logic does not guarantee the conclusion will be correct, stories are partially dictated by the whims of the author. There is no guarantee that the plot will follow a rational, predictable arc. The logic of the reader could be perfect yet still fail to predict the course of the story.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Cf post above for logic

Kaiten, I'm not sure law searched for an island without log pose. My understanding is that he wanted to come to punk hazard which proved to be difficult due to the fact it had no field to log to
    Your remark about him searching the thing he lost is interesting but how do you connect it to the fact that it would make luffy and him meet again ?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok mangastream's translation is waaay different in the part where law talks about joker.. in mangastream's law says that he won't tell joker about cc's toys implying joker has no idea was going on.. and in the other law tells cc to not tell joker law is on the island. Can someone please clarify.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast