Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter !!

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

5 4.76%
  • 2 (Average)

14 13.33%
  • 3 (Good)

37 35.24%
  • 4 (Great!)

39 37.14%
  • 5 (Epic)

8 7.62%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 1.90%
New Reply
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 666 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 666 Discussion/ 667 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I can see the abstract logic to thinking that she is a zoan fruit user, but that logic is very hard to apply to this arc.
    I don't find it abstract to use the duck test here. "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck."

It's likely Monet is a DF zoan user, because we've already seen a DF zoan user transforming arms to wings and human legs with feet to bird legs with claws in Chapter 574 (which was "contradicting" Pell's bird human transformation).

There's also a smooth transition from her human body to the bird limbs (esp. her claws while her thighs and knees are still human) which don't look as if these parts were jointed - which makes her art-wise different from any other "joined animal human" whose joints were covered by clothes so far ...

The only thing that needs to be confirmed to be certain is either making her transform back into human shape on her own or showing her being affected by either Kairoseki or large amounts of water. Which is as much confirmation needed as the other theory needs which makes it as likely to me since both theories are logical. They are contradicting to a point where if one is true the other is false but they both are logical.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    I don't think we should count any of adversaries we see in this arc out. I doubt Oda would troll us and give us two groups of pushover enemies in a roll.
    It won't matter. They'll lose at some point in this arc therefore some will inevitably start to think the Yeti Bros. are overhyped and weak no matter what. It happened with ... actually everyone Luffy and his crew were able to beat to a total defeat. So why not insisting on every new character to be a overhyped push-over from on its introduction then?

CC, Monet, Yeti Bros... they all are overhyped pushovers - we all know that but still we all need to say, discuss on it and read that all the thread along. It's a must if you are the "Real Fan™"
    *)

*) italic text contains sarcasm.
    Last edited by hoeru; May 11, 2012 at 03:54 PM. Reason: marking sarcasm

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Does that include CP9 who actually gave them a tough battle?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    something came to my mind: Law arrived to that island as a warlord,and apparently he has no aim there,he's just helping CC. CC is unaware of Law's reasons to become warlord. but do you guys remember that Law was presented as a shichibukai acting directly under the WG?? perhaps they sent him to find out the enemies of the WG,people such as CC himself. after CC's research,they will kill him and take possession of his results.

Looks like a nice prediction, but i think that just as CC said "dealing with smart people is so difficult" and therfor law is actually fooling the WG into believing he is loyal to them, while he is trying to accomplish his own agenda.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

The Snow Bros don't use gas attacks how did they knockout the Straw Hats?

If I'm going with the Kinemon theory; he mimicked the bodies, plans to follow the people who pick them up back to the lab, save Momonosuke and wait for all this to blowover(down at the Winchester).

But the brothers said they killed them, that means they did an action on conscious guys who had been made look like the Straw Hats and in the confusion Kinemon did the bodyswap. How would he change the enemies and leave enough time for the Bros to snipe them? How would he know the bros were watching? How did the bros not see him? I gotta call bullshit, still waiting for how the dudes were incapacitated

FuS

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

From the time when this arc separated and going into a build up phase... I was getting bored... but what made it interesting all of a sudden for me is the discussion going on for this arc...

First and the major one is .... Joker

For joker it is known that CC is taking orders from him.. or if not orders have to certain permissions at least... and as everyone told it indicates that this arc will lead to something bigger involving World government (which I guess everyone will be very much interested in,, since WG seems to be the villain of the manga rather than bad pirates) ... the only problem with that what i see is ... Big mama was introduced in fishmen arc ... and mini arcs can be there but I dont think a major arc will come in between before it goes to big mama arc... so will joker turn into a bigger arc or a possibility is big mama and joker will connect somewhere during mini arcs (because i think all yonkou must be having some govt connections/infiltration)...

Second--- Law

As it is pointed by all and agreed that he is the most interesting and mysterious plot/person in the arc till now...it does seems like he is working on his own terms.. and there has been so many translation changes..phew.. i guess final ones are

law to luffy- "we both have something we want to get back" initially i thought.. he said "we want to get back to" which explains why he said that... but this statement seems like he talking about certain thing they want and not a place or people they want to get back to...

Law to CC - I am still not clear after reading all replies... is it that law says don't tell about me even to joker (mangareader).. or is it law says You don't want joker to know what you are doing (mangastream) ... but interesting is CC's reaction - "How come you know that?" ... according to mangareader it would be that CC was surprised that law knows about joker which i think should not be the case since even smoker knew about joker.. according to mangastrem it is that CC was surprised that law knows about his actions not known to joker....
    Another interesting thing about Law would be , did he lose his crew after being a schichi or did he lose it and then became a schichi..and since it is obvious that govt didn't approach him but he approached the govt with 100 hearts.. and he took full credit of that.. it indicates his crew wasn't involved .. so he might have have lost them and now for specific purpose he became schichi.. it is pretty much clear from this chapter that he wants something from PH... and it might be the final thing or just an ingredient for bigger thing(bigger arc)
    I also think that later he will take the marines into confidence ...

Third - Harpy

Could be a fruit and could be laws doing. if it turns out to be a DF... then Eureka !! the fourth DF which enables the flight ... since it was indicated by Pell that only 5 of it is know... http://www.mangareader.net/103-2276-...apter-169.html .... so now only one more DF to be shown which will enable flight... But I think when there are only 5 why would Oda waste one of it like this... So i guess its law's doing.. but again a valid argument about claws.. I think she wanted to be somthing special so she might have told the requirements to Law... that I want this I want that..and no beak please since that will ruin my beautiful face... lol ... also there is a possibility that when she was shown in flashback after that an accident of she getting exposed to gas has happened and her hands and feet (not leg) got infected..

Fourth - Yeti brothers

Least of a concern...
    Last edited by Ninja_Pirate; May 11, 2012 at 04:21 AM.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Crocodile View Post
    Ok mangastream's translation is waaay different in the part where law talks about joker.. in mangastream's law says that he won't tell joker about cc's toys implying joker has no idea was going on.. and in the other law tells cc to not tell joker law is on the island. Can someone please clarify.
    CCC from APForums answers about that line:

Quote Originally Posted by CCC
    Working on my script now. The line in question is:
    Law: "Of course, don't go telling anyone that I'm here. Certainly not Joker."
    According to this mangareader is ok, mangastream wrong.
    Last edited by ukimix; May 11, 2012 at 04:48 AM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    The only thing that needs to be confirmed to be certain is either making her transform back into human shape on her own or showing her being affected by either Kairoseki or large amounts of water. Which is as much confirmation needed as the other theory needs which makes it as likely to me since both theories are logical. They are contradicting to a point where if one is true the other is false but they both are logical.
    We also need to see the full animal version, because it is weird that she prefers to fly in her hybrid version rather than in bird.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

harpies dont have beaks right? they are mythological creatures that got body and face of woman and wings and feet of falcons...

so if monet got the devil's fruit model: harpy....that is basically her full form...

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pizzaslicepwnu View Post
    Looks like a nice prediction, but i think that just as CC said "dealing with smart people is so difficult" and therfor law is actually fooling the WG into believing he is loyal to them, while he is trying to accomplish his own agenda.
    thanks ,but I disagree with your hypothesis: I doubt CC was commenting on Law's intelligence,as if he knew how to behave with such a guy. I think so because I really doubt CC is aware that Law is defeating his subordinates.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    It won't matter. They'll lose at some point in this arc therefore some will inevitably start to think the Yeti Bros. are overhyped and weak no matter what. It happened with ... actually everyone Luffy and his crew were able to beat to a total defeat. So why not insisting on every new character to be a overhyped push-over from on its introduction then?
    Nonsense. There are credible reasons for why the Yeti Brothers are looked down. They were introduced and hyped in one and the same chapter (starting Panel 2). On top of that, they defeated Zoro, Sanji and Brook offpanel. That's very poor build up. Villains (especially arc villains) with these kind of build-ups are almost never promising. Not only in OP, but generally in all shounen manga. For instance Bluenote in FT, Espada fractions in Bleach and so on.

Author only invest in important characters with build-ups (proper hype and introduction) as they have a bigger roles in the manga. However if they lack such build-up, we know they are nothing but short term characters. Last but not least Crocodile, CP9, Enel .. some of Luffys past villains had proper build ups. And those turned out to be strong characters (both in mental and physical strength). No pushovers. So plz stop generalizing all villains. The Yeti brothers are on a complete inferior level of importance.

Spoiler: overhype show

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Does that include CP9 who actually gave them a tough battle?
    Its about build ups. The Yeti brothers have a poor one. After all they were hyped and introduced in one and the same chapter.

CP9 had a much better build up. Starting with Robins reaction to that name as she was walking with Chopper on the street. Completely different than the Yeti Brothers.
    Last edited by BlackHair; May 11, 2012 at 06:07 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

@Beck26
    you must be forgetting that a cover with domino already appeared . and Law isn't clearly about to fight luffy,since he is rather taking CC's subordinates off .

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Yet Brothers are minions, they do not need character development or building up. Early victories only serve to add a little suspense for their imminent defeat. They have big guns, are really tall, and shoot from a distance. Nothing really strong about that. Luffy or Law will pwn them in a chapter or two.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    thanks ,but I disagree with your hypothesis: I doubt CC was commenting on Law's intelligence,as if he knew how to behave with such a guy. I think so because I really doubt CC is aware that Law is defeating his subordinates.
    I'm pretty sure CC meant nothing more than dealing with Law is more difficult than dealing with idiot subordinates. Idiot subordinates do not ask questions, don't have ulterior motives, and do not have to be outwitted. Smart guys like Law need to be handled with some delicacy, intelligence is a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzaslicepwnu View Post
    Law seems like a typical Shichibukai so far. Most seem to have ulterior motives for joining, few seem to be particularly loyal to the government. The government seems willing to overlook any indiscretions the Shichibukai commit as long as they do not embarrass the government and obey any summons to fight. As long as he is not defeated by another pirate, like Crocodile, he should be fine. Unless, like Jinbe, he refuses a call to arms.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bekromancer's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

ok...I cant understand Law's modifications very well.. I mean how can u move a horse's feet?? it's not part of your body...how do you control it?? don't you find it strange?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the animals were killed that's why the hybrid can control those part contrary to luffy who couldn't control an 'alive' bottom samourai. It wouldbe nice if oda could explain that part more but i'm not sure he will do unless it is important for the plot

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Law did not bind the samurai's legs to Luffy the way he did for the centaurs. Luffy was not under Law's power at all, the legs had been split from the torso but not combined with anything. I would assume that the prisoners can control their legs in much the same way Tashigi was switched with Smoker, or how the Strawhats were split. The animal legs were merged with the human body, the animal heart was removed and disposed of, the prisoners heart was given control of the animals. I assume this would not work if he had not used his power to combine the body and legs, which is why Luffy could not control the samurai legs. The samurai has not had his heart removed, so he still controlled his legs, even though they were not connected to his body.

New Reply
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast