Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter !!

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

5 4.76%
  • 2 (Average)

14 13.33%
  • 3 (Good)

37 35.24%
  • 4 (Great!)

39 37.14%
  • 5 (Epic)

8 7.62%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 1.90%
New Reply
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 666 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 666 Discussion/ 667 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    How can the strawhats still be that much underestimated ? Normally, given their outrageous past, anyone, even a yonkou should be worried by the news "strawhats are here". Two giants are telling Caesar that they killed easily roronoa zoro & Caesar isn't even asking them if they are sure ?

I would like to see a villain who isn't taking victory for granted.
    Yeah, I laughed at how stupid these villans are. Yeah... like you can possibly kill Zoro

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Law didn't flinch because a normal weapon has no effect on him, that should be obvious to every single reader following the series. Trafalgar didn't do anything because firstly, Caesar trembled, which is an admittance of weakness, secondly because Law aims to work with CC if needed to achieve his goals.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 09, 2012 at 04:44 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Blackbeard uses a flintlock.
    Whitebeard and Blackbeard are both based on the most famous real life pirate ever lived: Edward Teach aka Blackbeard. Blackbeard died facing Royal Navy Lieutenant Robert Maynard. Equipped with a flintlock (pistol) in one hand, a cutlass (sword) in the other, they faced each other.

Both fired their pistols, BB missed, Maynard hit his target. After throwing their guns away, they faced one another with their blades. Though shot, BB still managed to push Maynard back. Just in time a navy seaman cut BBs neck from behind. Badly wounded he was moreover attacked and killed by more of Maynards men. Maynard had BBs head severed and slung onto his bowsprit. It was recorded Blackbeard died with 5 bullets in him and at least 20 cuts in several part of his body.

Now in comparison with One Piece, WB attacking BB with his bisento (polearm) was a reference to Blackbeard wounding/pushing back Maynard. And BB shooting with his gun at WB was a reference to Maynard hitting Blackbeard. BB pirates ganging up on half dead WB was a reference to the royal navy marines who attacked the badly wounded Blackbeard.

Anyway, my point in writing this all was to to explain that Oda based BB vs WB on the real life fight between BB and Maynard. So the BB in manga does not usually use a gun, it was merely a reference. He is a ability user, I highly doubt he will use it ever again. Similar case with Roger. He was seen using a gun and a sword in the battle of Ed war. That was most likely a reference to the seamen back in 17th/18th century. Doesn't mean Roger is a swordsman/gunman.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    Whitebeard and Blackbeard are both based on the most famous real life pirate ever lived: Edward Teach aka Blackbeard. Blackbeard died facing Royal Navy Lieutenant Robert Maynard. Equipped with a flintlock (pistol) in one hand, a cutlass (sword) in the other, they faced each other.

Both fired their pistols, BB missed, Maynard hit his target. After throwing their guns away, they faced one another with their blades. Though shot, BB still managed to push Maynard back. Just in time a navy seaman cut BBs neck from behind. Badly wounded he was moreover attacked and killed by more of Maynards men. Maynard had BBs head severed and slung onto his bowsprit. It was recorded Blackbeard died with 5 bullets in him and at least 20 cuts in several part of his body.

Now in comparison with One Piece, WB attacking BB with his bisento (polearm) was a reference to Blackbeard wounding/pushing back Maynard. And BB shooting with his gun at WB was a reference to Maynard hitting Blackbeard. BB pirates ganging up on half dead WB was a reference to the royal navy marines who attacked the badly wounded Blackbeard.

Anyway, my point in writing this all was to to explain that Oda based BB vs WB on the real life fight between BB and Maynard. So the BB in manga does not usually use a gun, it was merely a reference. He is a ability user, I highly doubt he will use it ever again. Similar case with Roger. He was seen using a gun and a sword in the battle of Ed war. That was most likely a reference to the seamen back in 17th/18th century. Doesn't mean Roger is a swordsman/gunman.
    I only said that it response to a guy saying he thought Ceasar was weak because he used a gun.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    How can the strawhats still be that much underestimated ? Normally, given their outrageous past, anyone, even a yonkou should be worried by the news "strawhats are here". Two giants are telling Caesar that they killed easily roronoa zoro & Caesar isn't even asking them if they are sure ?

I would like to see a villain who isn't taking victory for granted.
    They are so easily underestimated because Luffy is the one that gets the public headlines. He got the headlines for what happened at SA and he was without his crew at Marineford two years ago. So his own strength and recklessness is fairly known throughout. But the same doesn't apply to the rest of the SH's, who for the post part have gotten no public attention in over two years.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BlackVenom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm having feeling that Law is going after Marines again or Ask them for a favor?

The Worst Generations !!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Bon is back....total awesomeness. Law....constant bad-assery. The two yetis are obviously idiots. I'm really not excited about another rescue, but I'm still looking forward to the next few chapters.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVenom View Post
    I'm having feeling that Law is going after Marines again or Ask them for a favor?
    Why would he?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

What an interesting chapter.. These Yeti dudes sure are quite a mystery.. I love the super cool, Blues Brothers-Esque style with a calm killer vibe as well....
    It's nice that CC has someone who's more than fodder working for him, but a bit worried they either assumed the SH (Zoro and Co.) are dead,or are really dumb. I was hoping they weren't overconfident... Oh well.

Things seem like they will pick up in pace from here..
    Law has shown He's no one's pawn, and it's a bit curious he's on the loose..
    I'm sure he will have more of a role to play....

So excited, too bad I have to work...
    Last edited by Poneglyph420; May 09, 2012 at 11:09 PM.

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool brothers think they killed Brook. But if they would know something, they would know he couldn't be dead or killed by them because... he was already dead. He must be nocked out or asleep. Zoro and sanji/nami must be in same condition.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

wasn't really excited with the chapter. all talk. no action. lol. but i cant complain, seeing as 97% of all chapters are very exciting. i understand it's not always that way

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

"what a nasty hobby...reminds me of someone" = joker = doflamingo.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i think Law's looking for research papers or blueprints by world government. he's looking for old laboratories..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

@ schabrak.... is it confirmed in the new world times that bonney escaped custody? am asking coz i was one of those hoping this arc would lead to the G5 base where the mugiwaras would find and rescue her while uncovering the identity of joker...

anyway I don't know if the yeti cool brothers are all they are hyped up to be.usually shounen tends to hype up new characters who are later revealed to be trash. it happens a lot...i think that's what we are getting here
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see the interest for joker to be an alias of don flamingo. Especially in a discussion when there is only law and CC. But i agree flamingo could be the one he think about when he says that remark.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast