Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter !!

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

5 4.76%
  • 2 (Average)

14 13.33%
  • 3 (Good)

37 35.24%
  • 4 (Great!)

39 37.14%
  • 5 (Epic)

8 7.62%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 1.90%
New Reply
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 666 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 666 Discussion/ 667 Prediction

Im a bit annoyed by the giants disappearance. I dislike the classic magical disappearance move. I know its properly tied with their DF fruit, but I dislike if they disappear without a explanation in a magical way. Just for the plots sake. That aside, though they displayed a threat to the SHs, they still seem nothing but fodders to me. If they had been properly introduced and hyped, my opinion would be different, I think.

Luffy further displayed signs of haki. I liked that. Sanji Zoro and I don't care bones are dead. <- Plot twist xD It's rly odd, the brothers seem to be sure they are dead and they do seem to be professionals. I read a theory about the Samurai using his abilities to disguise them, sounds very possible.

Anyway, Law saved this chapter for me. It was his conversation and his reaction to Monets report about the SHs (Zoros group being dead) which surprised me. So Joker does not know about Laws involvement on PH. Im pretty sure Joker has a card over Law, with what he is forced to act in secret in PH. But it seems Law is acting to play his own card. Whatever is going on between them, seems rly interesting. I have couple of thoughts right now, don't wry I will spare the MH community with that. xD

PS: I voted for "good" and Monet has the Rinnegan. Period.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    what a stupid thing: if I'd noticed it I'd have voted "bad"!
    Changing the vote from great to bad because of the cover? I don't think you understand how rating something works, how could a cover determine your opinion to ca 80%? And than it comes out that didn't even look at the cover and it's text, when it's can gratly change your evaluation of the quality of the chapter. I'm speechless.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 09, 2012 at 11:18 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

what?? CC uses a pistol??? so he is weak! and he must be an idiot too,since he was expecting law not to stop the bullet. I'm getting more and more suspicious that CC is actually strong,he is just a scientist,imo.

Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Changing the vote from great to bad because of the cover? I don't think you understand how rating something works, how could a cover determine your opinion to ca 80%? And than it comes out that didn't even look at the cover and it's text, when it can greatly change your mind of the quality of the chapter.-_-
    I don't get how ppl vote either. I for one don't get how easily the vote "Epic" (since the change, Top 10) is used. But I guess because of that the results are most interesting. And frankly everyone is entitled to their own system. After all each his own. So I made peace with that xD

Anyway, what's the deal with Bon and this forum? Im not even a bit surprised that he is still alive. He is most likely still in ID because he lost, before the BB pirates + LvL 6 got Magellan.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Changing the vote from great to bad because of the cover? I don't think you understand how rating something works, how could a cover determine your opinion to ca 80%? And than it comes out that didn't even look at the cover and it's text, when it can greatly change your mind of the quality of the chapter.-_-
    if this chapter had shown Bon chan not alive or hadn't shown him,I would have voted bad as well,because the main thing of this chapter was,in my opinion,to show him still alive. since he is alive I was happy,but onfortunately I didn't notice that. you may be right,perhaps my behaviour is childish,but having him still in prison disappoints me,especially since he should have escaped when BB defeated Magellan.
    oh,and just to let you aware of that: last week I voted bad because of Magellan being demoted,that pissed me off

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner nanallday's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like the idea that Kinemon faked Zoro and Nami's dead bodies. I'd like to add that they should have/did leave the real Brooke there on purpose so that he could see who/what they are up against, without compromising the ruse (if they checked for his pulse, or something).
    Last edited by nanallday; May 09, 2012 at 11:30 AM.
    Please visit my One Piece Theory website! onepeacetheory.com!
    Just got started recently. Hope you like it!!

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    I don't get how ppl vote either. I for one don't get how easily the vote "Epic" (since the change, Top 10) is used. But I guess because of that the results are most interesting. And frankly everyone is entitled to their own system. After all each his own. So I made peace with that xD

Anyway, what's the deal with Bon and this forum? Im not even a bit surprised that he is still alive. He is most likely still in ID because he lost, before the BB pirates + LvL 6 got Magellan.
    you,sir,are a genious. that is surely the best answer.
    btw, @schabrak, I wouldn't have voted bad,but "average",since the "good" was because of the (wrong) hint we were about to see bon chan again in the island where sanji's been training and because it would have implied ivankow leaving the kingdom to bonchan,while he were acting with Dragon. hope you'll get it

Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

[...] especially since he should have escaped when BB defeated Magellan. [..]
    You got the timeline mixed up. Bon lost to Magellan, only then he was ganged up by the pirates. So Bon lost before Magellan did. And the rest of the Okama who are currently in 5.5 are properly those who did make it out with Luffy's group. After all some where taken down on the way, by Magellan and the guards.
    Last edited by BlackHair; May 09, 2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: got the names mixed up

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

You got the timeline mixed up. Bon lost to Magellan, only then he was ganged up by the pirates. So BB lost before Magellan lost. And the rest of the Okama who are currently in 5.5 are properly those who did make it out with Luffy's group. After all some where taken down on the way, by Magellan and the guards.
    yeah,BB lost before them,but then he was saved by shiryou and freed the level 6 prisoners. bon chan should have been defeated a moment before BB's victory.
    about those jerks,I thought that as well,but those affected by poison should have died,don't you think?

Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

about those jerks,I thought that as well,but those affected by poison should have died,don't you think?
    True yes, but its not only Magellans poison. After all the demon guards took quite a number out, before Crocodile Jinbei and Luffy defeated them. A lot of ppl tried to break out. Only natural that not everyone made it out. After all those guys are irrelevant weak characters, without any plot importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamic View Post
    Kinemon sees the cool brothers approaching a mile away and also the fact that he's being followed by brook sanji and zoro. Kinemon then somehow finds some fodder enemies and disguises them as brook zoro and sanji (I have a feeling he can Do more with his ability than just put clothes on people). Cool brothers take down fakes while real ones get away.
    Great thinking. I root for ur idea and implemented it in my own. That also fits the "they are dead" report by the brothers.

Brownbeard sure is a funny poor bastard.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Im a bit annoyed by the giants disappearance. I dislike the classic magical disappearance move. I know its properly tied with their DF fruit, but I dislike if they disappear without a explanation in a magical way. Just for the plots sake. That aside, though they displayed a threat to the SHs, they still seem nothing but fodders to me. If they had been properly introduced and hyped, my opinion would be different, I think.
    I doubt both brothers have similar fruits for obvious reasons. But is it that bad if they are using a technique like Soru? I for one am really pleased to see techniques that are not bound to a fruit or genetics(fishmen e.g), I loved rokushiki and I'm excited to see if these brothers have honed a unique and interesting technique.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I accidently voted top 10. But still, I enjoyed the chapter.

The Yeti Bros are indeed powerful/fast considering how easily Luffy lost track of them and how they managed to nab Nami/Franky as well. Law at the end was interesting as well, It may be possible that he's using CC for his own goals. I do like the fact that we may get to see him and Luffy fight on the same side.

Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ero-Sanji View Post
    I doubt both brothers have similar fruits for obvious reasons. But is it that bad if they are using a technique like Soru? I for one am really pleased to see techniques that are not bound to a fruit or genetics(fishmen e.g), I loved rokushiki and I'm excited to see if these brothers have honed a unique and interesting technique.
    My problem is the plot is moving without explanation, as if disappearing into thin air is the most natural occurrence. Remember when Soru was used? Characters made statements that they are extremely fast. Same with Kuma, as he used his fast movement technique for the first time, Nami made a remark about that.

The yeti brothers disappearing feels like magical plot move. A move which the plot required, only to let the showdown between the SHs and the brothers to happen some time later. Basically the disappearance is nothing but a weak excuse. Plot no jutsu. Nothing like soru. I dislike this sort of story writing. Simply because authors can use it whenever they please. Just like hypnosis, tiny invisible wires and mirror reflection abilities. These type of techniques are often used to excuse anything.

Feels like those (simple written) children magic series I watched as a kid. Villains can disappear whenever they want, but in the final showdown u don't see them using the ability.

Anyway, knowing Oda he might explain this. If not I will be disappointed. I hope my point is understandable, as it is a bit difficult to explain.
    Last edited by BlackHair; May 09, 2012 at 03:26 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Won't be surprised if the brothers can shrink and grow. Although, that seems a little bit to farfetched.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Won't be surprised if the brothers can shrink and grow. Although, that seems a little bit to farfetched.
    It would make sense if their presence didn't disappear. But shrinking wouldn't be very helpful if they couldn't use it to vanish and escape.

perhaps their presence shrinks as well and luffy and co aren't good enough or just didnt focus enough to detect them? Or maybe they are modified/created by CC.

New Reply
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast