Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter !!

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

5 4.76%
  • 2 (Average)

14 13.33%
  • 3 (Good)

37 35.24%
  • 4 (Great!)

39 37.14%
  • 5 (Epic)

8 7.62%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 1.90%
New Reply
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 666 Discussion

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 666 Discussion/ 667 Prediction

it's very interesting the hypothesis over the yeti brothers' power. surely the fact they can't be seen has to do with their ability,since I doubt they are so fast. what if their power has to do with aokiji's influence towards PH?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The real question that remains is who will be the ones who take down those brothers.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

The log post comment is my mistake, I misread the Mangastream translation. He was saying how hard Punk Hazard was to find because it does not register on a log post. I took it to mean he was looking for an island with no log post.

In the Mangapanda translation Law says there is "we both have something we want to get back". That does not mean Law lost something, though that remains a strong possibility. Just because he wants to get something back does not mean he lost it. Maybe there is something in the research notes that could help him liberate his home island or find a cure for a friend with an incurable disease. Those are just examples, not predictions, but they should illustrate my point. We now know he is not working for, or even with, CC, but we can confirm that the reason he came to Punk Hazard is for the research notes. That does not mean it is related to what he wants to regain, but it is possible.

I think he and Luffy meeting again is coincidence. It was just a coincidence that the Samurai attacked the centaurs, and that Luffy (as well as Smoker) intercepted the distress signal.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Crocodile View Post
    Ok mangastream's translation is waaay different in the part where law talks about joker.. in mangastream's law says that he won't tell joker about cc's toys implying joker has no idea was going on.. and in the other law tells cc to not tell joker law is on the island. Can someone please clarify.
    I would like to know which translation is the right one. Redon fron APForums has upload raw version, in case someone knows japanesse, and could give a hand:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rmw9m1

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I think he and Luffy meeting again is coincidence. It was just a coincidence that the Samurai attacked the centaurs, and that Luffy (as well as Smoker) intercepted the distress signal.
    Yes but since Law links the 2 points (we'll meet again, we have something to get back), I understand it as we'll meet again because we both have something to get back hence their retrieval is not a coincidence any more. Luffy needs Law to switch his crew back to normal but it also seems to imply that Law needs Luffy help to get the thing he wants back. At least that is my understanding of Law comment. Now, it's true that it is probably related to the WG research he is looking for.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

something came to my mind: Law arrived to that island as a warlord,and apparently he has no aim there,he's just helping CC. CC is unaware of Law's reasons to become warlord. but do you guys remember that Law was presented as a shichibukai acting directly under the WG?? perhaps they sent him to find out the enemies of the WG,people such as CC himself. after CC's research,they will kill him and take possession of his results.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you miss the part where he says it would be troublesome if it was known he was here ? I think he is here on his own free will. Unfortunately World Government probably once again choose the wrong guy.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shojin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, a pretty ok chapter, although nothing spatacular IMO. Plus I think it's pretty freaking obvious that Sanji, Zoro, and Brook are just faking their deaths since there is not a scratch on them.
    **THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT**
    Project
    and Thread (UPDATE 10/6/14)
    **THE SHIZURU KUWABARA: REIKIBUKI STYLE PROJECT**
    Go here (UPDATE 05/23/12)
    Robin: The Rokushiki Demon (first two pages are up!)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Every Shichibukai is directlly working for the World Government and not the Marines, nobody is excluded from that, they just have the freedom to do what they want most of the time, that's their privilege.

And from this chapter we learned that Law had a goal the whole time, searching the laboratories for something unknown.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, whatever he's looking for, he makes it sound like it belongs to him. What could that be?

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

indeed,schabrak!
    @k-dom, what if he is a double-agent,whose presence can't be known not even by the marines or by some people of the WG?maybe,as for doflamingo's boss,he is acting for someone higher. surely being a warlord he isn't working for CC,since he isn't in the WG any longer.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodai Senkan Mora View Post
    anyway I don't know if the yeti cool brothers are all they are hyped up to be.usually shounen tends to hype up new characters who are later revealed to be trash. it happens a lot...i think that's what we are getting here
    I agree, as I explained it before. Even thought they seemed threatening in this chapter, I think they are nothing but fodders. They might give a little resistance, more than NFP but nothing big. Just like those idiots on little garden. The yeti brothers have unfortunately just poor build up (introducing & hyping).

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    The real question that remains is who will be the ones who take down those brothers.
    Imo the most irrelevant question. Since I don't think they are a major issue.
    Last edited by BlackHair; May 10, 2012 at 07:07 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we should count any of adversaries we see in this arc out. I doubt Oda would troll us and give us two groups of pushover enemies in a roll.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    I don't think we should count any of adversaries we see in this arc out. I doubt Oda would troll us and give us two groups of pushover enemies in a roll.
    Actually that's one of the reasons why I think this is just small arc in a bigger saga. Just like back in the Baroque Works Saga. Whiskey Peak was a joke, Little Garden a bit harder, but still nothing. Both small arcs ended as build ups for the Alabasta showdown. I think we have a similar case here. Im even more sure seeing the way Joker has been hyped as the big mastermind guy.

PS: I properly have mentioned this a couple of times already. Those who actually read my posts must be bored by now. Sry about that, can't help myself if this topic is brought up.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i think monet got a devil fruit....because there are no traces of "cut and attach" of law's power connecting the wings and arms of monet. its my simple logic.

*** i agree with BLACKHAIR....this arc appears to me as a bigger saga/arc...it will expand to something bigger
    Last edited by beck26; May 10, 2012 at 08:15 PM.

New Reply
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast