Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Rate Bleach 491

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

13 21.67%
  • Good

29 48.33%
  • Average

14 23.33%
  • Bad

4 6.67%
New Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 491 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 491 Spoiler Discussion

cant really call it a week monster since the cc defeated it, we have no idea what it could actually do against a normal captain.
    This war seems like its gonna have the same old bad guy power up looks super stong gets owned the end -.- Kubo ruined bleach the guy is lost. Still mad about the series being cancelled -.-

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 491 Discussion / 492 Predictions

BTW has anybody got any idea about what "Biskiel" could mean in German? Any word that remotely resembles that?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Biskiel is meant to be german

I think it's his attempt at an angelic name

Kazfiel, Ramiel, Uriel, Gabriel etc

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Mrlazsa's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

getsuga tenshou had no effect so is it possible that kirge has reinforced his skin using the reishi from hueco mundo, like a sort of hierro?
    with this technique it would be almost impossible for shinigami to defeat them in ss
    bea fioi geppo è down

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you're wrong mrlazsa

I think he actually absorbed getsuga tenshou using his quincy powers the same way he absorbed orihimes shield

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kanamechidori View Post
    I don't think Biskiel is meant to be german

I think it's his attempt at an angelic name

Kazfiel, Ramiel, Uriel, Gabriel etc
    Yeah, I thought so too.

And I'm calling it, Star Knights are going to be 7 archangels (their weapon/power's names).

ex oriente lux

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it will be archangels

I think they'll be "original" angels

I think it's time for Kubo to have his way with angelic names the same way he goes after spanish english and german :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was cool, it shows that the Vanderiech can't be taken down easily and it explains why Uryu's glove was different. I'm kinda mad at Ishida's grandfather though for teaching the boy outdated abilities. Then again, maybe he did so for a reason. I wonder if Ryuken follows the old path as well? Anywho, Ayon is probably going to get trashed easily by Kirge. And then Ichigo will probably try to go bankai but will get intercepted by Urahara who will be the one to either make everyone flee or take down Kirge himself.

The only thing I'm mad at in this chapter is we didn't see the Soul Society.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the way Kubo is having Ichigo operate in this fight. Use to be that he would have him go Bankai immediately when someone has the upperhand on him in Shikai form, now he tries to analyze his opponents before going all out.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh good chapter !

I can't believe that dude is that strong . Ichigo would have been hurt badly if Ayon wouldn't have appeared to stop him . At 1st i really wished the one who stopped that attack was Ishida but well i'm glad we got to see Ayon again

It's interesting to see what will happen next 'cause i was kinda shocked Ichigo was so useless. Don't know but since he got his Shinigami powers back he's been acting really high and mighty.But what about now ? If he can't even defeat this annoying dude than i can't imagine how useless he'll bee when facing the leader of Quincy .

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter, lots of things going on.

On one hand, my prediction that the holy form kirge was using was a different version of ishida's final form was dead on. In turn, it was actually the exact opposite of what I thought it would be. I thought the form kirge had would be a less extreme, more manageable version of the final form which would not result in the quincy losing his powers... Kirge might not lose his powers but if we take his word for it then he should actually be gathering more power than ishida was during his transformation. If that is true I would find it mildly strange that ichigo to any level is keeping up though. Kirge is a stronger guy than ishida was back when he fought mayuri so I would think kirge's form should appear more brutal to say the least. Perhaps I am looking at it wrong though. If the form takes the power of the quincy to the limit and the limit of each individual is different then it perhaps would make sense that kirge does not seem to be as strong as ishida was back in the day, his limit is simply inferior. After all, ishida did give the fodder treatment to a captain with that. Still, how are the shinigami supposed to fight against this? If their holy form is invariably this strong and provides this huge a boost then the shinigami as of now are at a huge disadvantage.

One particular point I find interesting is what orihime said about not feeling kirge's reiatsu. My first thought was that the holy form could not possibly make the quincy into something like aizen or ichigo (whose power could not be felt by measly shinigami) however the explanation given by orihime makes perfect sense and points to a huge difference between the final and holy form. Mayuri was able to feel ishida's reiatsu when they fought right. In this sense, this implies the holy form does not waste a single spirit particle, every bit absorbed is turned into power. In turn, the final form used by ishida absorbed a butload of power however as ishida had perceivable reiatsu it means it also resulted in him absorbing and simply wasting a bunch of power he was not using. Maybe this is the difference, the final form used by ishida absorbed a bunch of power which was simply not used and on top of that it resulted in the loss of powers. The reiatsu released by ishida was simply excess power which was never actually used. Basically, in ishida's case any amount of power above his limit would be what mayuri felt as ishida's reaitsu. In turn, the holy form absorbs merely as much as the user can handle (and is perhaps better at gathering that power) a without resulting in a waste. As the limit of the user is not surpassed, it does not result in a loss of power.

I don't think allon will last long though. Getting hit by it should hurt but I can't really imagine a captain level guy being troubled by it. IMO the best case scenario is that kirge will underestimate just how resilient allon can be and in turn it will result in him lowering his guard. Still, kirge should ultimately be able to defeat it easily.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it will be archangels

I think they'll be "original" angels

I think it's time for Kubo to have his way with angelic names the same way he goes after spanish english and german :P
    Well, that\s certainly possible as well. Since I don't really remember an angel named Biskiel (will check later, although better do it when we're sure it's not mispelled by the translators), he could just go making up angels... But the "original" 7 archangels (not accurate in this age) and 7 boss Quincies.. >_<

I liked how Ichi told off Opie (although I find the form eerie, but also beautiful *loves creepies*)... and now I'm looking forward to seeing Ichigo's reaction. His GT being absored/cancelled was a pretty good feat. If he can absorb every attack of his, it's either the sharp blade to end this or something different, bankai (so much reiatsu he won't be able to absorb it before he's dead) or maybe the mask, if he can still access it, that is.

ex oriente lux

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Mrlazsa's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you're wrong mrlazsa

I think he actually absorbed getsuga tenshou using his quincy powers the same way he absorbed orihimes shield
    at first i thought that too, but still if someone slashes you at your neck with a sword even you absorb the reishi stuff the sword should at least cut you, just a little bit...
    bea fioi geppo è down

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 491 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    Holy shit guys, what's with this sudden German pride? I'm Spanish and I couldn't give less of a shit about Kubo constantly stomping on my language (Historia de Pantera y su Sombras anyone?).
    It's not my problem that you don't care about the usage of your native language, I do. Bleach is not just some picture book, it has a plot and has references to different cultures, so it shouldn't be to much to expect some research on his part. I will just point to two posts by M3J and Invader from the last Naruto discussion.

This contents of this forum aren't published and sold, that's the difference. Moreover it's not just the title[since when has the title not been part of the chapter?], he's using those words throughout the arc, making them literally part of the plot.

Guys, you can hate me all you want, that doesn't change it being a legitimate critic of the manga chapter.

Back on topic:

As others mentioned, I can't understand the hate on Ayon, since he only lost to one of the top 3 characters in terms of strength. Being able to suprise and even hit Kirge should hint to it being quiet strong himself. I wonder if the shoes have something to do with his fast movement.

Biskiel is likely just a reference to fictional angel. The only similar term I know would be "bissel" the colloquial austrian form of "a bit".

I'm with Mrlazsa on that, if he really absorbed it, we should have seen some kind of absorption, as seen just a couple pages later. Ayon vs Kirge? Two hard skinned fellas.^^
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 09, 2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: grammar
    Firm but Fair

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    BTW has anybody got any idea about what "Biskiel" could mean in German? Any word that remotely resembles that?
    To make it short: if he didnt mean this (oil for frying) then no, thats not a german word. Probably as others have guessed some kind of angelic name.

The way Kubo creats german words actually hurts my brain. So so bad... But I guess the spanish he used was also pretty damn sad, only difference beeing i could not understand it anyway..

New Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast