Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reborn 384 Discussion / 385 Predictions

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reborn 384 Discussion / 385 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Sademi View Post
    I think the other Arcobalenos had their own reasons. I doubt that Reborn made them participate in order to help Tsuna get stronger.
    make them or manipulate them?
    Spoiler show

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Its not about agreeing, I was suprised that you expect the story at such a crucial point to be centered around Chrome.
    Vindice mystery is more crucial right now.
    Its just that there is loads of time left in the next few arcs for Chrome to have attention and it would be weird if Chrome suddenly became the star of the show when really she is being depended on coz Fran is scared of ghosts.
    Chrome will have her time to shine again pretty soon now that she is now longer useless. Im sure of it
    Yeah well it was obvious i'll expect that since Amano sensei finally decided to make Chrome useful and show her as an individual character not always with Mukuro backing her up .

And i don't want to make you understand me wrong , i'm not saying i'm not happy with the outcome of the chapter it's just that a few more panels with Chrome would have made it perfect IMO .

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Yeah well it was obvious i'll expect that since Amano sensei finally decided to make Chrome useful and show her as an individual character not always with Mukuro backing her up .

And i don't want to make you understand me wrong , i'm not saying i'm not happy with the outcome of the chapter it's just that a few more panels with Chrome would have made it perfect IMO .
    I'm sure we'll see more of her in a chapter or two. I can imagine a scene where and everyone else (when they wake up and hear about it) will congratulate her on her new awesomeness. XD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not in a chapter or two, more like when vindice decides to disappear or leave reborn's group alone..Then she'll probably get some attention..
    Anyway, what a nice chapter, I figured he was interested in reborn...
    Can't wait to see what they will talk about!
    After all, reborn is amazing!
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curiousity, where exactly was it mentioned that Chrome was not meant to be an important character (or rather, she's around more because of her popularity). I mean, to me, it's kind of obvious, but I had someone ask me that question and now I realize, I've never seen any proof. As in, an interview or something where Amano states that that's true. Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me to that.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyanoai View Post
    Just out of curiousity, where exactly was it mentioned that Chrome was not meant to be an important character (or rather, she's around more because of her popularity). I mean, to me, it's kind of obvious, but I had someone ask me that question and now I realize, I've never seen any proof. As in, an interview or something where Amano states that that's true. Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me to that.
    I don't think it's mentioned anywhere . That was what most people believe since she wasn't given any important roles as an individual so to say . I personally don't know anything about Amano saying something like that I mean it would be strange IMO

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyanoai View Post
    Its blatant. She arrived and was owned in her introduction and had her life saved by Mukuro in her entrance moment. Just like the rest of Kokuyo were. Her improvements til now havent been so good. To be honest, strength-wise her character has been done an injustice and shown to completely suck compared to the guardians and she relied on Mukuro for ages.
    No need for proof, She was weak and not that relevant, then the more popularity she got, the more she started to appear.

She could have been just another M.M however she is more popular than M.M so she has stayed around far more. Honestly, do you think Amano intended to have Chrome flail about like she has at times from the start of writing Reborn?

Im glad she can fight on her own now, coz for the whole story I kept thinking, ''Dammit Mukuro, why did you choose to share your title with this weakling? Or Mukuro when are you getting out of prison?''.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Amano would've put her with the Guardians if she weren't meant to be an important character. You can argue that she was a vessel for Mukuro, but Reborn called Chrome and Mukuro the same person, and there was no indication Tsuna would keep only one or the other. If all of KHR was a scramble battle, as for the rings, that might make sense. But plenty of fights are team-ups, utilizing three or four or more people in a battle, so having two Mist Guardians isn't that big of a deal. Chrome was with the gang all during the future arc (and came with them after Reborn ordered Tsuna to gather the Guardians, implying she's just as much of a Guardian). Plus, Amano has focused a lot on Chrome's growth, and Mukuro as her tutor. Glo Xinia, for instance. That fight really was only barely about Mukuro. It was more about training Chrome. Melone Base, the illusions she made during Inheritance Arc. She's always had her own role. The light novel, monoCHROME, all about integrating Chrome; yadda yadda. There have been plenty of chapters about integrating Chrome. So she's an underdog and Mukuro isn't. So what? Hibari isn't an underdog. Tsuna is or rather was. Amano loev underdogs, even if she also has some people who begin as godmodes. I think you're reading too much into her underdog status.

I don't really see how you can say: "She was weak and not that relevant, then the more popularity she got, the more she started to appear. " -- What? Chrome was with the others during the entire Future Arc, whereas Mukuro, the more popular character, was barely around, sans a couple of brief appearances. The main characters getting focus throughout the manga have been Yamamoto, Gokudera, and Tsuna. Hibari and Mukuro, despite being more popular, don't actually get nearly as much focus as those guys, so of course Chrome also took a back seat (partly, I would suggest, because her growth would go best hand in hand with Mukuro's). This arc is the first time we've really gotten a good look at who Mukuro is as a character, and he's been around for ages. It only makes sense that Chrome would be developed alongside him now, being his partner/other Mist Guardian. I don't think this is some coincidence of popularity because it comes together perfectly.

It isn't just Chrome who's grown, though. Look at Mukuro now. Not the same boy who wanted to destroy the world. He's grown in emotions. I think that was her intention from the start: Chrome would grow in power, and Mukuro would grow in Feelings.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finnimbrun View Post
    I don't really see how you can say: "She was weak and not that relevant, then the more popularity she got, the more she started to appear. " -- What? Chrome was with the others during the entire Future Arc
    She was introduced a LONG TIME before the Future arc... Her popularity would have influenced Amano to make her an important part of the team from before then.
    Also, can you explain why she had Chrome extremely weak in comparison with her guardians for so long til now despite beginning training not long after them?

Chrome was made to help build on Mukuro's character correct, but she didnt have to appear so frequently had she been less popular.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2