Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 35 Discussion | Ch. 36 Prediction

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 35 Discussion | Ch. 36 Prediction

The Kraken story is like filler material. It won't advance the plot, just amplify Yukio and Rin's mutual antagonism. And make Shiemi a damsel in distress for the FOURTH TIME. Dammit Kazue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    Yeah, I have a feeling this is going to turn into Rin trying to use his flames to beat the Kraken and learning how Water beats Fire (duh) and that for that reason he can't just Leeroy Jenkins it in every situation.
    But Rin's flames - Satan's flames - are unique. They destroy everything, in this world and from Gehenna. The reason why people are so afraid of those flames are because they are resilient and burn everything that the wielder chooses to burn. If Rin's flames were normal, they wouldn't have just burned away the IK's spores. The only water that works against Rin is that holy water stuff.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member luna_wolf's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Sea Water can be blessed. could you imagine all the exorcists lines up on the beach blessing the sea water to expell the kraken and then Rindancing about trying to stay out of the water?
    XD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    The Kraken story is like filler material. It won't advance the plot, just amplify Yukio and Rin's mutual antagonism. And make Shiemi a damsel in distress for the FOURTH TIME. Dammit Kazue.
    Rin and Yukio's relationship is a unique one, but personally I hope Yukio doesn't resent Rin to the point of turning against him. It would seem a bit cliché to me. I don't think there's any antagonism on Rin's part towards Yukio.

Quote Quote:
    But Rin's flames - Satan's flames - are unique. They destroy everything, in this world and from Gehenna. The reason why people are so afraid of those flames are because they are resilient and burn everything that the wielder chooses to burn. If Rin's flames were normal, they wouldn't have just burned away the IK's spores. The only water that works against Rin is that holy water stuff.
    Ah true I, forgot that!

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder when we'll see Takara. Yet again he's gone missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    Rin and Yukio's relationship is a unique one, but personally I hope Yukio doesn't resent Rin to the point of turning against him. It would seem a bit cliché to me. I don't think there's any antagonism on Rin's part towards Yukio.
    Rin's just annoyed that his sib gives him the cold shoulder. It's hard to be close to someone when they radiate "I don't want to deal with you".

But I too am getting sick of the poor communication between Rin and Yukio. I was really annoyed at Rin acting whiny about Yukio after Yukio refused to answer him, especially when it appeared that Rin was trying to reach out to Yukio in chapter 34.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

all i can say is that i hope yukio doesn't end up getting demon powers too, i like him just the way he is!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Weazul's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    I would love to see some more of the main storyline too. There's supposed to be 8 Princes of Hell, and we've only seen Amaimon (and Rin if he's considered to be one of them). Almost every shonen action manga has an evil organization that contrasts with the main characters, so I'm highly anticipating the other Princes.
    I've seen Astaroth listed as a Prince of Hell in some sources of demonology and we've already seen him, too, which would make two Princes of Hell shown so far if the mangaka is using a sources that lists him among them.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2