Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: How do you like it?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

6 42.86%
  • Good!

4 28.57%
  • Average.

3 21.43%
  • Bad.

1 7.14%
  • Not worth watching

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Naruto: Honoo no Chuunin Shiken! Naruto vs. Konohamaru!!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto: Honoo no Chuunin Shiken! Naruto vs. Konohamaru!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    I like the idea of Naruto doing the chunin exams however I'm Dissatisfied with....KiSwordsman already said it. Also how in the world can Konahamaru make such a ridiculous amount of clones? HOW? Last I checked he is no naruto so HOW? The moive was disappointing and the ova was disappointing -_-.
    Through the power of fan-service. Naruto brought up the fact that he hadn't taught Konohamaru Odama Rasengan yet. However, Konohamaru still used it. So the whole thing was a giant mess of fan-service.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

A perfect example of why we don't use anime as fact to prove a point in a fantasy fight here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

would have liked to see the cool looking genin from the other villages fight. scenery was cool aswell.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    Through the power of fan-service. Naruto brought up the fact that he hadn't taught Konohamaru Odama Rasengan yet. However, Konohamaru still used it. So the whole thing was a giant mess of fan-service.
    So, Konohamaru couldn't have learned it by himself? He has seen the basics, making it bigger isn't that difficult.

Btw when exactly did he learn Shuriken Kage Bunshin and Asuma's Jutsu? Someone mentioned a filler of him learning that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    I like the idea of Naruto doing the chunin exams however I'm Dissatisfied with....KiSwordsman already said it. Also how in the world can Konahamaru make such a ridiculous amount of clones? HOW? Last I checked he is no naruto so HOW? The moive was disappointing and the ova was disappointing -_-.
    we can agree that because Konohamaru is the 3rds grandson(a Sarutobi), that he has a lot of chakra and he already knew how to do clones, and that was like 50-100 clones and we know Naruto can do up to a thousand. So he's still not on the same level of Naruto

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Oh and I loved this. It reminded me of the young Naruto, pre time skip.
    Last edited by Lelo; May 02, 2012 at 12:19 PM.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curryman View Post
    Exactly. Gaara was sand-burying rain and grass scrubs left and right in the forest of death but all of sudden the hero who saved a village can't use his powers to gain a rank he has far surpassed to be "fair" to the other kiddies. I'm hoping this is just a joke/fanservice and nothing canon. Not to mention the chunin exam isn't even technically about who the strongest ninja is in the first place which is why Shikamaru ended up winning. Konohamaru has shown no leadership or intelligence traits on that level.
    How can it be canon when it's anime?Don't worry,this is only an OVA.Kishi has nothing to do with it and it's not part of the manga.Not in any way.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

but it would be cool if konohamaru would use asuma's and hiruzen's jutsus in the manga.
    I like it in some way

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    So, Konohamaru couldn't have learned it by himself? He has seen the basics, making it bigger isn't that difficult.

Btw when exactly did he learn Shuriken Kage Bunshin and Asuma's Jutsu? Someone mentioned a filler of him learning that.

That seems to be everyone's mentality with the Rasengan. It can't be that simple, however. Especially if you consider the fact that Konohamaru had to preform a regular rasengan with a clone, and it was barely big enough to be called a regular rasengan.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; May 02, 2012 at 01:32 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That seems to be everyone's mentality with the Rasengan. It can't be that simple, however. Especially if you consider the fact that Konohamaru had to preform a regular rasengan with a clone, and it was barely big enough to be called a regular rasengan.
    Meh,I wouldn't agree with that.You know,I always thought this Rasengan was a better version of Naruto's standard Rasengan due to the fact that it is smaller.Bigger is not always better.He probably put in as much chakra as Naruto usually does,only that he made it more dense by compressing the chakra,thus making it so small and weak,despite being uber powerful.
    So I think that his Rasengan is stronger than Part 1 Naruto's Rasengan.Naruto's current Rasengan is probably fueled by even more chakra ,which makes the dense version look as small as his older version. Don't know if that explanation makes any sense to you,though.I could explain it better with pictures.

Either way,as for the short movie itself,I disliked it.What I liked was how Naruto was throwing Konohamaru around pwning him like the little genin he is.Kinda reminded me of the old times when Naruto still had this jerk side to him.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Meh,I wouldn't agree with that.You know,I always thought this Rasengan was a better version of Naruto's standard Rasengan due to the fact that it is smaller.Bigger is not always better.He probably put in as much chakra as Naruto usually does,only that he made it more dense by compressing the chakra,thus making it so small and weak,despite being uber powerful.
    So I think that his Rasengan is stronger than Part 1 Naruto's Rasengan.Naruto's current Rasengan is probably fueled by even more chakra ,which makes the dense version look as small as his older version. Don't know if that explanation makes any sense to you,though.I could explain it better with pictures.

Either way,as for the short movie itself,I disliked it.What I liked was how Naruto was throwing Konohamaru around pwning him like the little genin he is.Kinda reminded me of the old times when Naruto still had this jerk side to him.
    I understand what you mean. However, there wouldn't be a reason for Cho Odama Rasengan, or odama rasengan to exist if that were the case. Also you have to take in thw size of Kakashi an Jiraiya's respective rasengans. Also the damage that Konohamaru's rasengan actually caused.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand what you mean. However, there wouldn't be a reason for Cho Odama Rasengan, or odama rasengan to exist if that were the case. Also you have to take in thw size of Kakashi an Jiraiya's respective rasengans. Also the damage that Konohamaru's rasengan actually caused.
    I imagined Oodama Rasengan and the bigger versions all the be fueled by even more chakra,only that the amount is so big that it's impossible to compress it any further.Though, frankly speaking, the damage his Rasengan caused speaks for you.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    He didn't learn it in the fillers, he used it when he fought Temari to prove that he should be fighting in the war. Was quite a cool fight and I'd say that Konohamarus abilities are sort of fitting. (ofc Temario had no probs with Kono at all )

Well i think it was a good little piece, but heck more than anything else it annoyed me that Naruto was the idiot again and lost via disqualification...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lighty View Post
    He didn't learn it in the fillers, he used it when he fought Temari to prove that he should be fighting in the war. Was quite a cool fight and I'd say that Konohamarus abilities are sort of fitting. (ofc Temario had no probs with Kono at all )

Well i think it was a good little piece, but heck more than anything else it annoyed me that Naruto was the idiot again and lost via disqualification...
    That is filler.

15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thing naruto deserved a pass as far as that went. I've already gone into why, but long story short the grounds for disqualification were bull-crap to begin with.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

He fought temari? When exactly? xD

I don't see fillers, I refuse to see most of them :\

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast