Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 363 Discussion/364 Prediction Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 363 Discussion/364 Prediction Thread

^

We have no idea how many Tokyo teams there are. No one pointed out that there were foreigners, and we never saw any of the new cast (from teams all over the place). Finally, if everyone was transported back at random we would expect to see some of the Tokyo team wind up outside of Tokyo.

There is very likely more than one team per city. You think a whole team from Hiroshima or something showed up to save Kei and Reika from the giants? They had to be from Tokyo. Otherwise nothing makes any sense.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All those other Gantzers were outsiders. I remember when they got transferred to save Kei and Reika they one Gantzer said "Are we in Tokyo" or something along those lines which implies that they were from another Japanese team. I highly highly doubt there is more than 1 Tokyo team. I say there is 1 team per city and the ziabatsu just has access to all the Japanese gantzers.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeonMarvel View Post
    This is a plot setup for the fight between the silver haired alien and Kei where we may finally see Tae get written off. It will be an epic battle! Also Nishi as a Gantz dispatcher is awesome.

I do miss the classic Gantz though, where when you read a chapter it was more character development and you can actually see clearly what was going on. This new effect he is using sometimes makes it hard to follow the action. In the old Gantz when people's limbs were dismembered you could clearly see how it happened (unfortunately lol) and that is what made Gantz so surreal to me anyways. #endrant
    you sir, cant agree more
    i guess that he will face the "god of war" giant too.
    I think the final phrase has too much death to fit in a 100 chapters or so(if oku makes a upper bound for it)
    It would definitely be better if we can see more detail(eg. how rekai dies, how kei1 fights a squad at the same time, and the action is continuous without any skip), even though the final phrase has not much story but it has a hell lot more actions than ever, i think it requires a lot heavier work than osaka mission to produce all these, and probably lengthen it from 100 chapters to 200 chapters, the plot slows down 2x times
    despite all the skips, we complain the slow development all the time, if it is 2x slower,i think we will complain even more

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shion Izumi View Post
    All those other Gantzers were outsiders. I remember when they got transferred to save Kei and Reika they one Gantzer said "Are we in Tokyo" or something along those lines which implies that they were from another Japanese team. I highly highly doubt there is more than 1 Tokyo team. I say there is 1 team per city and the ziabatsu just has access to all the Japanese gantzers.

I don't remember that at all. Could be true.

Doesn't explain what that team was doing in Tokyo before they were transferred.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TheAwesomeOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    I don't remember that at all. Could be true.

Doesn't explain what that team was doing in Tokyo before they were transferred.
    It was pretty much the whole Kanto area who helped Kei and Reika. No idea why they were there but there you go. It was probably all of Japan who were summoned by the Zaibatsu. I still think each city only has one team.

http://www.mangareader.net/97-46727-...apter-312.html

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there's one per city, remember the journalist guy investigating the incidents in tokyo he pointed out 4-6 incidents in tokyo that were recently investigated by the police etc... He only pointed out the ones that Kei was involved in. And plus the mech design is out of this world, fucking amazing! Keep up the good work OKU!

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOne View Post
    It was pretty much the whole Kanto area who helped Kei and Reika. No idea why they were there but there you go. It was probably all of Japan who were summoned by the Zaibatsu. I still think each city only has one team.

http://www.mangareader.net/97-46727-...apter-312.html
    The way I remembered it those people never said anything at all. I always thought it was weird that nothing ever came of them showing up but it pretty much foreshadowed everything that was to come.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody know where I can find a Scanlation? All the usual suspects seem to be a chapter behind.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shion Izumi View Post
    Why I am saying Kuwa might be alive is because the ziabatsu might have summoned him because he is in the data system after all. Just because you are finished with the Gantz game doesn't mean you are not in the data system. Look what happened to the Tokyo team, despite being "finished" after Italy they still got summoned with the bombs placed back in their heads. Oku can easily bring Kuwa back into the story if he wanted.
    I guess if they were summoning everyone in the system you'd see other ex-tokyo-team-gantzers appearing. After all, I doubt Kurono and Izumi were the only ones who chose option 1 after getting 100 pts. Who knows how long Gantz operated before Izumi arrived the in the room for the first time.

@Damura - I doubt the Zaibatsu brought only Tokyo team members. There were waaaaay to many people to all be Gantzers from the same city.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Who says there were way too many people? There's no limit to the number of teams a city can have (well, unless the manga says so but there's no real reason).

Furthermore, why would the zaibatsu put all of their resources into one assault on a mothership in Tokyo? As long as there's even one more mothership, and we knows there's plenty of them, the giants are still a threat.

So I'm supposed to believe that their plan is to pull all of Japan's resources into freeing Tokyo and they don't care at all what happens to the rest of the country, let alone the world? Even though the giants will simply send in another? You'd think that if Gantzer's were so limited that you had to draw them from cities all over the country you'd find a better plan than 'march them toward the tower and blow them all up, fuck the consequences'.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TheAwesomeOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    ^

Who says there were way too many people? There's no limit to the number of teams a city can have (well, unless the manga says so but there's no real reason).

Furthermore, why would the zaibatsu put all of their resources into one assault on a mothership in Tokyo? As long as there's even one more mothership, and we knows there's plenty of them, the giants are still a threat.

So I'm supposed to believe that their plan is to pull all of Japan's resources into freeing Tokyo and they don't care at all what happens to the rest of the country, let alone the world? Even though the giants will simply send in another? You'd think that if Gantzer's were so limited that you had to draw them from cities all over the country you'd find a better plan than 'march them toward the tower and blow them all up, fuck the consequences'.
    Idk I just kinda thought their was only one ship attacking japan and their was another one in north America/ united states. Their would obviously be more in other places but the fact that they are the size of a continent inside lead me to believe there is only or two ships per land mass/ continent depending on size. Japan overall is a pretty small country so the amount of troops ships and mechs inside should have been more then sufficient to take over such a small island country. Too bad Tokyo team is the shit. This is all how I envisioned it and there is no real way to be sure at this point in time but you understand. I could be totally wrong who knows. There could be a dozen of those walkers in Japan alone but more then one seems to be overkill Imho.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    Exactly my point: I doubt there's a big mothership in every city in Japan.
    Have you seen Independance Day? Those aliens put one ship in every major city, only. There seemed to be only 5 or 6 in the whole USA so imagine how many would have been in Japan? I doubt Osaka, Hiroshima and other cities in Japan each had their own gigantic mothership descending.
    Now if the same applies to Gantz and Japan has only one mothership, I see no reason why the zaibatsu wouldn't pool all of their resources into eliminating that threat and take care of the other cities later.
    And about not having a limit to the number of Gantz teams in each city: pretty much all of the Tokyo team's actions appeared on news later or were being investigated. Random and invisible damage like that would call attention. You'd think that if Tokyo had more than 100 Gantzers with all that gear, you'd see more destruction happening. Sure, you could argue that Oku wanted to keep the reveal of multiple Gantz teams until later, but I find it impossible that NOBODY would have heard anything about other "similar" attacks during the course of the story.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Only has to be one extra ship. Once you lose all your people and all your mechs, you're fucked.

Might explain why Kei's team is willing to focus their rescue efforts on Tokyo, though.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Uzumakijl's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I really think Kei (1) and Tae are gonna die being locked down by another gantz people even Nishi, depending on how they plan to stop him from destroying the tower

~Proud lurker~

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member M-Hario's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for delay, here's the chapter: http://mangatopia.net/main/2012/05/engantz-0363v1/

Thanks to mote for the great translation!
    Recruiting Translators for seinen manga!

Utopia v3.0 scantrad

18. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast