Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Gantz 363 Discussion/364 Prediction Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 363 Discussion/364 Prediction Thread

^

He shouldn't have to intercept Kei. I mean how on earth did Nishi make it to the tower on his own anyway!? There were plenty of robots left, plus the massive cannon, PLUS the mechs have no ranged weapons. It doesn't make any sense at all. Kei shouldn't need to be stopped by the 'war god' or whatever they called him.Those robots should be taking care of him. And if not the robots then the giants, or their airships, or absolutely anything else that they have lying around.
    Last edited by Damura; May 16, 2012 at 02:44 AM. Reason: 8?)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody think Gonde will go after Kei 2? or does he just want to kill Kei 1 because he killed his brother? He has both Kurnos DNA.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shion Izumi View Post
    Does anybody think Gonde will go after Kei 2? or does he just want to kill Kei 1 because he killed his brother? He has both Kurnos DNA.
    This is what I was thinking.

Either blondie will come and screw things up with kei and tae, or Nishi will.

If nishi fucks with them, then blondie will go after Kei 2, and the other gantz team will have to protect him, which could result in a fairly bad ass battle.

I'd love for izumi to have come back myself, but I doubt there is going to be a mass revival or something. =(

And yes, 15 year olds are children.

Trust me dude, I teach 9th graders for a living. I know what 15 year olds are like. They are children.
    Last edited by kliff2004; May 16, 2012 at 11:32 AM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

She's not 15.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dake360 View Post
    I don't know where Oku is going with this arc.
    I don't think Oku even knows where it's going. I'm sure he just pulls things out of his ass and makes it up as he goes along, waiting to introduce a new TWEEST every other week.

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    He shouldn't have to intercept Kei. I mean how on earth did Nishi make it to the tower on his own anyway!? There were plenty of robots left, plus the massive cannon, PLUS the mechs have no ranged weapons. It doesn't make any sense at all. Kei shouldn't need to be stopped by the 'war god' or whatever they called him.Those robots should be taking care of him. And if not the robots then the giants, or their airships, or absolutely anything else that they have lying around.
    Because it suits the plot/story that Oku wants to string along. His basic way of telling a story is that he has something he wants to do and then uses a bit of voodoo magic to twist the plot in that direction and ends up creating an unholy number of plot holes in the process. In this case, make Nishi suddenly reach the central pillar, he ignores the details or explanations of how he managed to get there and asspulls so that he's right in front of it, while forgetting everything else in previous chapters, like the massive cannon and other mechs. It's what he does.

Not great writing, but that's Oku.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^

She's not 15.
    fine 16. huge difference

Shes still a kid.

Trust me........if your 16, and in the middle of a war, your a kid.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

She's 17, (unless she's had another birthday offscreen) and you've gone from child, to 15 and now 16. I feel 17 is generally as good as 18.

In any case she's old enough to know that 'don't hurt them, let them all go' is a dumb idea. Most kids wouldn't come up with something that stupid after what she's been through.
    Last edited by Damura; May 17, 2012 at 11:38 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been reading these forums for quite a while (Gantz specifically), mostly because of the unstable release schedule.

A few thoughts of mine... First, after watching Breaking Bad, where the writing is completely thought out and everything is well-researched, I find it impossible to speculate on any manga I've ever read. Everything falls apart under scrutiny, although that's not to say it isn't still entertaining to read (the series).

Second, Pol Pot used 12 year olds to massacre people during his revolution. "Children" they may be, but put a person through the right circumstances and they can do anything. The events of Gantz are at least equal to Cambodia in the 70s. I doubt that when those villagers were put up against the wall by 12 year olds with AKs they thought of them as cute school children.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

To be fair Tae is a cute school children.

I don't think this manga really had anything particularly unbelievable up until the Katastrophe arc. There was a lot that wasn't explained in too much depth but it overall it was a fairly solid plot with believable characters.

Actually now that I think about it it always has been pretty bad when it comes to female characters with the exception of Reika and Tae (up to this point), and there's been a few moments that are very odd in the story. I can't decide if he's getting worse or if Oku has always been pretty terrible as a writer.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    HES HONORING THEM.
    well I guess it's a difference of opinion and views then. I personally don't see how that's honoring them.
    whether it was by choice or not, the Gantzers still killed the peaceful aliens. and yet they are sparing these hostile aliens. if anything, I think that's the perfect way to dishonor someone.
    also, I doubt the aliens would want peace, especially their war hero. no doubt Iva Gund wants revenge, and if Iva Gund falls at the hands of Kurono or any other human, I doubt the rest of the aliens are gonna be fine with it. no to mention that the Gantzers almost decimated a city, and they now know that they intent on destroying their space compression machine thus killing all the aliens. I doubt the aliens would want peace after all of this. there's no other way than to kill the aliens off. Kurono may have sympathy for the aliens and not kill them cause Tae told him to, but I doubt the aliens will have the same feelings as Tae.
    also, who came up with them being 15 years old? Kei and Tae are both 17
    Last edited by playerdude; May 18, 2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: spelled Iva as Eva.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually don't think Oku even cares about the plot anymore. Let's just not overanalyse and just enjoy the show shall we?

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does everyone think he randomly pulls stuff out of his ass, he made it quite clear in Volume 17 "I want to continue Gantz until the very end" "I get really excited when I think about about the last episode of Gantz" "I hope I really can end it in the way I want to. It would feel wonderful" So I think he has a plan, he doesn't want his manga to end up like his previous title Zero one, totally cancelled and wasn't going anywhere. @Damura He was a great writer in his earlier days, like Me teru no Kimochi was over the top awesome, hen was ok.

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Why does it look like an ass-pull? Kei and Tae aren't acting rationally. Nishi isn't acting rationally. The robots and the cannon mysteriously vanished. The giants have the technology to track human beings EASILY and they still haven't tracked down Kei after a several hour long chase through the city, despite the fact that one of the main ones apparently has a personal reason to track this guy down.

Also Tae surviving a dozen events that slaughter everyone around her.

It's not like I'm trying to overanalyze it or anything. These are just things that immediately stand out as odd to me.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Why does it look like an ass-pull? Kei and Tae aren't acting rationally. Nishi isn't acting rationally. The robots and the cannon mysteriously vanished. The giants have the technology to track human beings EASILY and they still haven't tracked down Kei after a several hour long chase through the city, despite the fact that one of the main ones apparently has a personal reason to track this guy down.

Also Tae surviving a dozen events that slaughter everyone around her.

It's not like I'm trying to overanalyze it or anything. These are just things that immediately stand out as odd to me.
    You forgot that she had a metal hook jammed into her leg. Judging from everyone's reactions I and see tae talking about sparing them didn't surprise me at all. Even Kato, a guy who doesn't like killing, had to kill in order to survive and protect his teammates. I bet you he would actually attack that tower in order to save Japan. I honestly don't get what Oku is doing at this point what with tae's magical adventures and kei going full retard and progressively getting worse each chapter.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    fine 16. huge difference

Shes still a kid.

Trust me........if your 16, and in the middle of a war, your a kid.
    Not sure, people react differently when it comes to war, look at the African children who fight in wars are where in wars, hell ishmael beah is great example.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Why does it look like an ass-pull? Kei and Tae aren't acting rationally.

Do remember it is only fiction, these characters were made by a human being named Oku. Shit must be pretty intense, he forgets the lil things like the nishi mech being the only one and where the fuck is the laser cannon. He may forget small details like this and that but fuck almighty he has some WAK style, so I look past the lil things and just think about it being bloody, dark and just a mindfucking awesome manga.
    I have to admit about the characters being totally different, but yeah you know he's probably in shit right now trying to keep up with the weekly release, or maybe he's just super hyped about the final volume.

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast