Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Gantz 363 Discussion/364 Prediction Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 363 Discussion/364 Prediction Thread

Well regardless of her age. What tae is doing would be see by most as act of pure kindness, hope, compassion, love, all those positive things. Thats funny, didn't they start off as 10th graders?, I was unaware 2 years passed since then.

Thats fine that you don't like those kinds of things, but I guess the author does.

Everything we say is a difference of opinions and views, outside of concrete facts, everything else is in fact us over analyzing the shit out of this manga.

The aliens and the humans are exactly the same.

Remember when Fra and her mother were bickering? Oku put alot of effort into expressing the fact that this is a ship filled with ordinary people, living ordinary lives, and their military forces are at war, with the citizens acting as if everything is normal (hmm america much?)

No different than us.

I foresee and ending where the races are going to live side by sideish. The tower will be destroyed, tae and kei will die. But there will probably be a large scale evacuation.

Alots of gantzers will die, lots of aliens. And earth will be left to be divided amongst the survivors.

I could really careless of about plot inconsistencies. They get in the way, and would prolong the chapters more than they need to be.

Here, you want to know what happened to the cannon?

Nishi's mech farted on it. Now shut up lol.

I'm glad oku didn't need to waste time and energy on something so meaningless.

Basically any chapter that comes out, with enough time that passes, we will focus on something to over analyze.

I'm fairly certain Oku is aware that he brushes over unimportant details..

He's aware that his story is driven by ass pulls. And I think he even made a joke about it recently.

What does he title the issue, with the BIGGEST GANTZ ASSPULL IN THE WHOLE SERIES?!?!?!

Dues ex machina.

Brilliant.

If you can't laugh at that, then thats a shame =(
    Last edited by kliff2004; May 19, 2012 at 09:37 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I just picked up volume 22 this week and Katou states that he is 17 then says 'wait I'm prob 18' (because of the time elapse after the budda mission) So Kei, Katou and Tae would be in their final year before university.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@kliff2004:

Problem is he was too busy showing the shitty side of humanity. The parts that aren't particularly worth saving. We tend not to live with that stuff right in front of our eyes. I find it impossible to justify sparing them tbh even if we are supposed to be similar.

Never said it wasn't pure or kind or any of that. Just said it wouldn't happen. Ever.

Would have been fine if Kei had put her in her place :/

If you're fine with inconsistencies then fuck it, lets ignore the giants are there at all. Kei will murder Nishi and then he and Tae will return home like nothing happened and the aliens will ceasefire and eventually fly away, with no explanation. Blondie will never get his revenge, Katou and the rest will make it out without explaining how or why, and Takeshi revives everyone with Nishi's laptop. The end. (Germany never revisited).

How is a disappearing army of giant mechs an unimportant detail? The zaibatsu were worried their entire army would fail to destroy the tower, and now all of sudden Nishi teleports to the base of it.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    Don't forget that the two vampires will still remain invisible.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    ^
    Don't forget that the two vampires will still remain invisible.
    I still maintain that they're dead. I feel like Oku had some sort of vampire uprising ending planned for Gantz but decided to scrap it after the mass influx of vampire media in the last several years.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Gantz Perfect Answer came out and fucked up his whole plan!

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ That and Twilight

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member York's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel bad about Fra. We lost the only character that gave the giants some positive characterization.

Don't know what Kei's planning at this point. If the Big Whigs are all dead the guys in the mechs can probably stop at any time, but after all the attempts of total genocide I doubt many people are going to be singing Give Peace a Chance.
    Nishi showdown likely.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the Humans at the moment think there is a truce for peace but hunting Gantz members.
    Giants children have been positive, the two kids cherry saved, the little girl treating cherry like a cute animal and trying to feed it like a bird in the park.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

There isn't a single character in the manga that even knows about the truce yet.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Only the otaku's on their laptops in houses. Kei's mother and father would tell Kei if Kei runs into them. Speaking of which he never even bothered to see if his parents were safe it was all just TAE CHAN!!! I wonder what the parents think, considering they have never heard from Akira for over a month lol.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

To be fair they did kind of ostracise him. Always favored his brother, kicked Kei out of the house ASAP etc.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member York's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    Giants children have been positive, the two kids cherry saved, the little girl treating cherry like a cute animal and trying to feed it like a bird in the park.
    There were also kids shooting hooks at Tae's group and chasing her down in the street. Besides, if Fra considered translation with Kei as an option, I assume it's common knowledge that humans are capable of intelligent communication. So I'm not sure if treating Cherry like a squirrel or Tae as a household pet is a strong point in their amiability.

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    There isn't a single character in the manga that even knows about the truce yet.
    Kei2's team may have seen the news back at apartment. I remember they saw that Gantzers were being declared as terrorists anyway.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    Imo they are portrayed as us and that animals/bugs (we humans). Do you think twice about stepping on a ant? Not really they are out of notice so we killed them and feel nothing. Think of it as we are the giants and we see these little things that we would classified as animals/bugs, we would not care. Sure we may keep them as pets or hurt them but that's what I have seen humans do.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@York: We always treat people of lesser intelligence with a bit of prejudice. It seemed like Fra was more convinced by Kei's emotion than anything else.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7