Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Hangout Thread

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Hangout Thread

Well, the authors are paid when we read the version at naver, so I wouldn't feel guilty that I don't have paper volumes, but I'd buy those volumes that have my favorite scenes in them. If there were volumes in english.

ex oriente lux

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Well, the authors are paid when we read the version at naver, so I wouldn't feel guilty that I don't have paper volumes, but I'd buy those volumes that have my favorite scenes in them. If there were volumes in english.
    Same here. when I first started reading it, I wasn't aware it was a webcomic and had only seen the ads for the books months ago. If it ever gets published in english, I'll definitely buy them.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Though the chance of the books to be published in foreign languages might not be very good, eh? I don't think I heard many manhwa got published in other languages, English especially. There are some in Indonesian, but only the most famous ones, and none is a webcomic as far as I know.

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Though the chance of the books to be published in foreign languages might not be very good, eh? I don't think I heard many manhwa got published in other languages, English especially. There are some in Indonesian, but only the most famous ones, and none is a webcomic as far as I know.
    I know the breaker has a few volumes in french, which is the next biggest market after Japan. But yes, it's not very likely that they'll bring it over here, it's probably too much of a gamble to take in terms of sales(?) I dunno...

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Red Dog's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Random, but has anyone ever thought on buying the tankoubon/book version of Noblesse instead of reading it as a webcomic only? Yeah, Noblesse has its own book version, like the one sometimes advertised at the end of the chapter.

What do you think the books would be like?
    you know I was'nt looking for the tankoubon vers. since the scans are available on the internet,ever since I saw the ads for the NOVEL vers. at the end of chap 201,I'm desperate to find it translated in english
    Zettai-Teki Seigi/Absolute Justice

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, right, the novel!

I wonder if anyone has taken a peek at the novel and can share with us how it looks like. Totally can't imagine something we usually see in pictures to be told in words only, letting our imaginations run wild. XD

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

People, fanboys and fangirls of Noblesse~ Have you noticed?! We now have a fun event going around for you...

Go and participate there, okay? Let's see who will get amazing titles for the first time in the first Noblesse Awards!

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Can Characters Create Clothes?

I'm not sure why I'm just thinking of this now, but could someone give me some explanation about the whole changing clothes thing? He did it in the first chapter, and again when he got to the Lord's shrine, and it doesn't make any sense. Most of the abilities that characters have in the series I've been able to calmly accept and integrate into the story's mythology, but that one just doesn't sync for me. I had even kind of accepted it for Rai, but then Franky shows up at the Lord's shrine and he does it too, so it's not a Noblesse thing.

Honestly it might not even bother me so much if it weren't for that one chapter around 100 or so where they show Rai spending like a half hour every morning choosing between about fifty identical versions of his uniform to wear that day. So apparently most days he just changes like a normal person, but when he's in a pinch for time, they just transform.

I love the series, and there are so many better things for me to try and question, but for some reason it's this one little stupid thing that's driving me insane.

Any opinions, comments, thoughts? I'm open to anything.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clothes

Quote Originally Posted by Samael1105 View Post
    I'm not sure why I'm just thinking of this now, but could someone give me some explanation about the whole changing clothes thing? He did it in the first chapter, and again when he got to the Lord's shrine, and it doesn't make any sense. Most of the abilities that characters have in the series I've been able to calmly accept and integrate into the story's mythology, but that one just doesn't sync for me. I had even kind of accepted it for Rai, but then Franky shows up at the Lord's shrine and he does it too, so it's not a Noblesse thing.

Honestly it might not even bother me so much if it weren't for that one chapter around 100 or so where they show Rai spending like a half hour every morning choosing between about fifty identical versions of his uniform to wear that day. So apparently most days he just changes like a normal person, but when he's in a pinch for time, they just transform.

I love the series, and there are so many better things for me to try and question, but for some reason it's this one little stupid thing that's driving me insane.

Any opinions, comments, thoughts? I'm open to anything.
    I don't think there's much to it. He seems to be able to cloak in darkness or something and make it take whatever form he wants but it kinda makes sense for him not to want to do that all the time, hence the closet full of clothes. As for Frankenstien, he's spent a lot of times around nobles so I think it's plausible that he picked up a few tricks, like this clothes one.

I don't think it makes him stronger or anything it seems to be just an aesthetic thing.
    Last edited by Jammin; May 14, 2012 at 08:04 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clothes

I didn't even think much about the clothes.

I realized they did change clothes to a darker version when Rai and Frank visited Lukedonia again, in match with the other nobles. It seems to me as if these nobles although they live in seclusion already they still choose to wear dark clothes to hide themselves or something. I would much prefer them wearing white robes like Roctis and that 4th Elder used recently. :P

Like Jammin, I don't think there is an important meaning of strength or something... Even vampires like to be tidy and looking good.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

So I started this series recently and have am now fully caught up, but I had some questions I was hoping some of you could help answer for me or provide some of the common ideas/theories on the subject(s).

So 800+ years ago some traitors attacked Rai which is what sent him into his long slumber. And we recently found out who one of those people were. My question is, that we heard it was 6 clan heads who were traitors, but which clan leaders were these? They couldn't be the 6 leaders that went to the eternal slumber with the eternal slumber with the previous lord.

In that same vein, who are their descendants, are they the one's who are currently alive? I can't picture Rai killed them when they attacked him, since it seems everyone of the current descendants has a soul weapon. Meaning their predecessors were able to give them part of their soul for the weapon.

Who exactly transported Rai's coffin?
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner vonviking's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

LoS you are asking questions that actually have not been answered in the story yet...which sucks I know but it's true. The traitors are only ever refered to as the traitors and we didn't know who a single one of them were until Roctis was introduced. I believe that they were the 6 leaders that were SUPPOSED to follow the previous lord into eternal slumber. I also believe that after their betrayal their clans would have been disbanded because they are not represented now with the currently clan leaders. The story also never says that Rai ever killed any of them, only that he was forced to use a lot of his power to defend himself, which I can only see happening after being ambushed by at least 6 clan leader level nobles. Lastly the person that transported Rai's coffin remains a mystery other than the first Mutant that was created by M-24 said he was the one that put it in that room...but they never said who told him to. Hope that clears up your questions.
    "But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams beneath your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams..." -William Butler Yeats

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

well some of them are bound to be dead as Rai used his power which costed 800 yrs off him. i mean if he can do what he do and be just dizzy (talking abt new lord vs Rai) then when it comes to a power whose collateral is 800 yrs off i think some of those 6 might have met their demise
    but then agian we dont know well enough to even give a solid speculation

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if you think about it, Rai defeated 3 clan leaders and the current lord whom is undoubtedly stronger than clan leaders at the same time and all he suffered from was a dizzy spell. Who is to say that 6 clan leaders even if they were each stronger than the current clan leaders was much tougher than fighting those 3 clan leaders and the lord simultaneously. I guess we just don't know anywhere near enough to say.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    So I started this series recently and have am now fully caught up, but I had some questions I was hoping some of you could help answer for me or provide some of the common ideas/theories on the subject(s).

So 800+ years ago some traitors attacked Rai which is what sent him into his long slumber. And we recently found out who one of those people were. My question is, that we heard it was 6 clan heads who were traitors, but which clan leaders were these? They couldn't be the 6 leaders that went to the eternal slumber with the eternal slumber with the previous lord.

In that same vein, who are their descendants, are they the one's who are currently alive? I can't picture Rai killed them when they attacked him, since it seems everyone of the current descendants has a soul weapon. Meaning their predecessors were able to give them part of their soul for the weapon.

Who exactly transported Rai's coffin?
    There were 13 clan leaders... 6 of them betrayed the Lord and Rai, and killed Regis and Seiras fathers before fled. The remaining 7 clan leaders are successors of those who didn't betray the Lord and went to Eternal Slumber with him, minus Gejutel since his son was killed and Regis was too young and inexperient to be leader...

The ones that are in Lukedonia right now are the descendants of those who followed the Lord to eternal Slumber, because of that only Gejutel and the current Lord knew Rai, since the current clan leaders are too young.

The traitors are at the outside world and only roctis was revealed until now... The are still 5 remaining traitors with unknown whereabouts...

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

22. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast