Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 184 Discution Thread

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko 184 Discution Thread

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Toriko!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

---------- Post added February 29, 2012 at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was February 23, 2012 at 02:32 PM ----------
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; April 19, 2012 at 06:22 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 184 Spoiler Thread

Verification: Confirmed
    Source: Juin Jutsu Team
    Credits: Juin Jutsu Team

More Pics Here: Juin Jutsu Team

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 184 Discution Thread

So Food Honour appears to be a method by which individuals can attain essentially what is a massive power-up. I think this arc may serve as the way Komatsu gains some combat and survival abilities. I always wondered how Komatsu would've been expected to survive in the Gourmet World, but it seems like Food Honour is possibly going to allow him to do so.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member brebaz's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome chapter. I'm liking this ARC even more now, a great way to prepare Toriko for the Gourmet World. Also liking Komatsu's progress.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The begining of the chapter is damn funny!
    I liked Shuu's face here:
    http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/184/8
    If you can't look after this flower and don't apreciate food... you'll never get the meal))) His face was briliant. Of course Toriko's and Komatsu's were also rather funny, but his face is obviously in another league. This manga might be the best if we talk about facial expretions.
    And damn!!! I couldn't believe how far Toriko evolved in five days:
    http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/184/14
    He just bisected this huge building with his conventional knife...
    Komatsu's development is also quite impresive. Hope his training will result not only in cooking, but also at least a bit in his combat usefullness, cause he'll need it for the Gourmet World.

P.S. Looking at the last page... Temple's Master has enourmous level of concentration. I can't even believe how strong he really is, cause he can think about eating and at the same time maintain tons of flames. I believe that if Toriko manages to maintain even 15 flames for an hour he will increase his destructive power enormously. Even now I think he can easily take Tommyrod as he was during Ice Hell Arc. I would have even given him a win even before this Arc, but now I would say he can win quite easily. We also shouldn't forget that aside from developing his techs and geting some new (at least Spoon) Toriko will also eat Bubble Fruit and I suppose it will develop his Gourmet Cells as well, so I can expect Toriko to become the strongest among Four Heavingly Kings after this Arc. It's only a prediction for now, but I hope that it might come true.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dasbones's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just imagined what it would be like for Sani or Zebura to go through Food Honor training

The horror

Chin seems like a total bad-ass, I wonder how he stacks up compared to the President and the other two apprentices of Acacia.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter, their training isn't easy but if they are just at the beginning and Komatsu and Toriko are showing already THAT progression then food honour might strengthen them to an extent by which they might be able to enter gourmet world.

The ending was pretty cool too. Chinchinchin in a room full of candles but the preview said a threat is getting closer
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I seriously loled at the page with the really long chopstick. I was like... that seemed awesome XD
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought about what it would be like if Zebra tried to do Food honor training too. He woulda been kicked out the first night.

I know I've said it before but I'm really liking this training. Toriko can now wave his hand and slice a building in half. Komatsu can potentially kill an animal before the animal itself realizes it's dead. I can't wait to see the next real fight they have.

And they appear to be learning at a faster than normal rate, which I kinda expected any way. At first I thought they would get good with Food Honor but still not enough to surpass the assistant master but now I think by the end of the arc they will surprise him.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    but the preview said a threat is getting closer
    Nothing new here. The last few chapters have either mentioned or alluded to something ominous just off in the future.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually also get impretion that Zebra would be kicked out of the Temple on the first or on the second day.
    Talking about Heavingly Kings... I think the best in getting the principles of Food Honour would have been Coco. He could have gotten an impressive power-up if he would have undergone such a training.
    Now it's interesting how many chapters will it take them to finish their concentration training and for Toriko to also learn Spoon.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Captain Sicarius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't the chapter felt a bit forced? I mean, they've been there for so little and the progress seemed, huge, well I guess it will be even greater then, too bad there won't be a chapter next week because of golden week, I'm a little hyped with their training.
    Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Im now 25, I started reading manga about 15 years ago with Toriyamas Dragonball. I spent my childhood growing up with Dragonball. For that I consider the manga epic, simply because I have only good memories with it.

Toriko is one of my favourite ongoing manga . Not only has the manga its addicting plot and interesting characters but in its small few moments Toriko makes me remember my old days with DB. Especially the main protagonists Toriko and his hunger.

In particular this chapter; the passive training method in which you gain more strength resembled old Kais ritual in which he unlocked Gohans hidden strength. Just like Toriko had his outburst in this chapter, Gohan had his as he doubted the training method.

Now Im not trying to compare both manga, as I know these topics are unwelcome. I just simply felt nostalgic reading this chapter, and felt like explaining why I like Toriko so much. Thats all.
    Last edited by BlackHair; April 21, 2012 at 07:54 AM.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Captain Sicarius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

What they did good about Toriko, is that there is not only ONE main character like Dragon Ball and Goku let's say, the other ones sure did train and had their time but they were not Goku, Komatsu is also is also training and getting better and better and we can see this in every chapter together with Toriko, this is just plain awesome, he is not the power, but is clearly the pure raw skill in the show, and when Toriko is UP there in the Gourmet World, He will be too slicing stuff alive with his Melk knife
    Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member fcToho's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well what I like about Toriko is, that it just provides this cheerful and light-fooded (is that a pun? >_>) atmosphere. I just feel good when I'm reading it. It isn't that complex and everything (at least it doesn't FEEL that way), but I'm happy reading it.

The only unnecessary character till now is Rin. The manga lacks women eh? Nah, so for the better: It is a manga for MEN.

For this chapter: Really good, I liked all the chapter in the food honour temple. But I hope Toriko doesn't become too strong too fast. That little flying knife was a little devastating.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast