Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Toriko 185 Discussion Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 185 Discussion Thread

Awesome chapter, always exciting when enemies appear. No doubt
    that the lady is former master's partner, the hair from silhouette
    matches. Notice how she sits atop a culinary cutting board which
    may hint to her ability.

I noticed immediately the similarity between that guy and Toriko but
    was wondering why that other guy looked familiar, until you guys
    reminded me. It's definitely Toriko's intimidation form, and coupled
    with Toriko double that's certainly not a coincidence.

I think the trick with bubble road is that it seems endless but they are
    actually going in circles or something like that. Toriko has doubts now
    about how long it is going to take, and it prevents the bubble fruit
    from showing cause it's so shy and you can see it only if you immerse
    yourself completely in food honor, which Toriko needs to do.
    Last edited by Buggy; May 04, 2012 at 03:31 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    I think the trick with bubble road is that it seems endless but they are actually going
    in circles or something like that. Toriko has doubts now about how long it is going to
    take, and it prevents the bubble fruit from showing cause it's so shy and you can see
    it only if you immerse yourself completely in food honor, which Toriko needs to do.
    Quite true. Ingredients showed themselves even though you didn't have food honour. Their reaction was a result of your loss of food honour.

The fake bubble fruit vanished and that is the hint. The true bubble fruit will only show itself once Toriko immerses with it. I wouldn't be surprised if it is floating in huge numbers around Toriko while latter one doesn't notice it yet
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Iagree that even if one or two of these three guys are chefs, we can't understimate them, cause we've already seen Setsuno and some other strong chefs, thus in the upcoming chapter we'll deffinetly see a great fight. And I hope Toriko will find the Bubble Fruit as soon as possible and joins a fight.
    I also agree that the third guy somehow reminds a bit Toriko's inner self.
    So it will be deffinetly interesting to see who are these guys and what is their aim.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I noticed the one guy looking like toriko but I didn't notice that the other guy looked like Toriko's "wild" or inner self. That makes me think of the thing where Naruto was at the waterfall and had to fight his inner self. But I don't think that's gonna happen here. The lady up front kinda throws that off. And we still probably have a week until the next chapter. :-(

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Toriko will fight these two guys at the same moment and hope he will show us how he improved not only physically, but I hope he will also show some new moves.
    And if the guy will happen to be Toriko's brother... well, it might give a new depths to the story and may explain more about Toriko's backstory. It may also be connected to Ichiryu. I do believe he is his grandpa.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Some general comments:

I felt that the arc was a little bit rushed. Considering the epicness of the Century Soup arc + Meteor Garlic arcs, the learning of food honour was fairly quick (2 chapters?) for the massive power boost that Toriko will acquire compared to those arcs that took a long time.

Somehow I feel that Master Chin's talk about 'his last job in the human world' means that he is going to die or something. Even though he looks reasonably healthy and all. Perhaps the Bubble road is an infinite circle that tests the meditation ability of Master Chin against Toriko's. The bubble fruit surfaces only to the victor, and the loser will die (of sheer exhaustion perhaps?). Just some speculation.

Anyway, the author does a fantastic job at portraying bad guys. A authophagic bird and blatantly demonized copies of Toriko and Setsuno? Let's see how these (possibly) Bishokukai folks square off.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jakeswu View Post
    Anyway, the author does a fantastic job at portraying bad guys. A authophagic bird and blatantly demonized copies of Toriko and Setsuno? Let's see how these (possibly) Bishokukai folks square off.
    Bro that old lady is the previus head of the restaurant disappering cuisune :
    http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/180/12

I want to know her intentions and why her partners look like toriko?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jakeswu View Post
    Some general comments:

I felt that the arc was a little bit rushed. Considering the epicness of the Century Soup arc + Meteor Garlic arcs, the learning of food honour was fairly quick (2 chapters?) for the massive power boost that Toriko will acquire compared to those arcs that took a long time.

Somehow I feel that Master Chin's talk about 'his last job in the human world' means that he is going to die or something. Even though he looks reasonably healthy and all. Perhaps the Bubble road is an infinite circle that tests the meditation ability of Master Chin against Toriko's. The bubble fruit surfaces only to the victor, and the loser will die (of sheer exhaustion perhaps?). Just some speculation.

Well I saw it as Chin foreshadowing his travel to gourmet world. The guy is too strong to die yet.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay I've just paid attention to something very weird, probably a mistake.
    The Bubble Fruit is Shokurin's temple treasure am I right ? Then how did Livebearer actually got it ?

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it was a mistake or mistranslation, especially after we see the points on that card. 20 is a small amount for such a special ingridient.
    About Master Chin... well, I don't think that he will die. I see it as he wants and needs to go to Gourmet World as other strong ones who are afiliated with IGO, but still the fight might be interesting and I don't see the bad guys winning against Chin and Toriko.

About the comments about this Arc being somewhat rushed... I agree. Even though I like it, but I agree that it was too easy for Toriko and Komatsu to learn Food Honour.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Okay I've just paid attention to something very weird, probably a mistake.
    The Bubble Fruit is Shokurin's temple treasure am I right ? Then how did Livebearer actually got it ?
    Nice catch...

It must be the fake bubble fruit. Do not forget that Toriko and Komatsu weren't aware that bubble fruit was a fake one. It was when they were able to touch it that they knew something was wrong. LB must have had his hands on the bubble fruit but it was very likely a fake one

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post

About the comments about this Arc being somewhat rushed... I agree. Even though I like it, but I agree that it was too easy for Toriko and Komatsu to learn Food Honour.
    I am always in favour of short training arcs. They can be really exhausting when they are stretched out. It was a fast pace but calling it too rushed, is going too far. Do not forget that the training is still continuing. Food immersion and the bubble fruit are also part of the training.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I'm normally in favour of short training. Let's say short oo-screen training. It was just that I understand the feelings of that poster as Toriko and Komatsu grew immensily just in a chapter and a half and that was like several days in Toriko's world. Of course the training isn't finished, but the results alredy should be tremendous as after a chapter and a half Toriko already grew insanely stronger as it was shown when he sliced the tower without even trying and it was obviously not his full power as he said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member noonethere's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

It makes more sense that Toriko and Komatsu completed the basic Food Honor rather fast considering how much they respect food throughout the series. Starting from how Komatsu's feeling for food and his knives to Toriko willingly eating an exploding Nitro cherry just because its food and eventually that chapter about the dodurian bomb. I am curious if any of the Bishokukai (or characters like Zebra) are able to use Food Honor or if they have another technique to make them more efficient.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

im althou think that Toriko and Komatsu are natural talents for foodrespekt so its okay if they mastered it this fast (BUT Komatsu is maybe now a monster himself.. im not quite sure how the manga can now move forward with this

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2