Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Toriko 186 Discussion Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 186 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by reaper2507 View Post
    i see Komatsu fighting here^^ he will beat him and show his improvement for gurmet world !
    The bubblefruit is the last shoppinglist item they need im realy looking forward for komatsus improvement
    No they still need one more. Wonder if other Heavenly Kings are going through something like this in their traning.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Super excited about the next chapter. Komatsu's likely to get some action. Toriko is in line for a big power boost. And the old folks look set to battle it out. Although to be honest I'd like to see Chiyo take on Setsuna with that sort of attitude.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was great! The art was clearly impresive. I liked the last page with Toriko loosing conciousness and tons of Bubble Fruits appearing around him.
    The thing that is interesting about this Arc is actually that before it was difficult for Toriko to use some of his strongest attacks consecutive... now he can use his powers better and also got stronger with his Food Honour training. After getting Food Immerssion he can become way stronger by gaining hundreds of kilos. If Chin weights ton and Toriko around 230 kilos... well he needs to get to at least 500 kilos. At that point he might take tons of strong oponents in Gourmet World and I would say he might take several strong Bishokukai members at the same time.

The interesting thing is what happened to Otake as it seems that he was given some power boost. Maybe he was given Gourmet Cells?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa. Chiyo is a real beast, threatening the disappearing temple into showing itself again.

And damn, Toriko has probably never been this starved in his life. A bet he will appreciate this Bubble Fruit like no meal before and evolve his gourmet cells.

I wonder if there is going to be a fight. If there is, I guess it will be Toriko vs. that Blanka looking dude, Chinchin vs. Chiyo, and Komatsu vs. Otake. Seems kind of unlikely that Komatsu will engage in combat, especially with his old friend, but I would like to see that he can handle himself physically since they will be going to the Gourmet World soon. He can't have Toriko protecting him every step of the way. Maybe he can do even more devastating damage with his Melk knife now that he has had training.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am somewhat divided, I think it would be great for Komatsu to fight but, so far we haven't seen any fighting ability in him. Food honor has for sure greatly gave him a boost but the question is, that was it for his cooking skills or also his fighting. Even though, it would be great for him to win against his friend at this point after all the training. I feel it will be a pushover if the win was completely one sided. I am hoping for a fair fight where both of them go till the edge of their ability.

As Toriko, him gaining new ability to use spoon will be awesome, but what I really want to see is the his new speed. because frankly after seeing some of the other experienced fighters like the old man9and I know the difference in level is like night and day) I still think he is too slow.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MattC302 View Post
    Whoa. Chiyo is a real beast, threatening the disappearing temple into showing itself again.

And damn, Toriko has probably never been this starved in his life. A bet he will appreciate this Bubble Fruit like no meal before and evolve his gourmet cells.

I wonder if there is going to be a fight. If there is, I guess it will be Toriko vs. that Blanka looking dude, Chinchin vs. Chiyo, and Komatsu vs. Otake. Seems kind of unlikely that Komatsu will engage in combat, especially with his old friend, but I would like to see that he can handle himself physically since they will be going to the Gourmet World soon. He can't have Toriko protecting him every step of the way. Maybe he can do even more devastating damage with his Melk knife now that he has had training.
    Well Toriko starving might have been Master Chin's goal from the start. Plus I think it was done to forcefully evolve the Gourmet cells to be able to get a step further and allow him to better conserve and use his energy. But lastly the bubble fruit would give that last push to completely evolve his cells.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a pretty good chapter! that old lady chiyo is really creepy maybe she will fight with setsuno in the war?? also i want to know what kind of abilities ootake learn maybe variations of toriko attacks? thus has the same hairstyle? , after this training toriko will not need to use more autophagy!! men i have a lot of questions ,but just can wait.

also im triying to relate the list with the trainig stages i mean

Ozone herb : learn to adapt low oxygen environments
    Melk stardust : gravity
    Mellow cola: heat environments
    Shining gourami: strength - i dont know just a test for chinchinchin?
    Meteor garlic: tactics? and poison ingredients
    Bubble fruit: learn food honor and how to organize his metabolism? i know sure about this

Unknown ingredient: speed ?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was 2 ingredients left still?
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fkm789 View Post
    That was a pretty good chapter! that old lady chiyo is really creepy maybe she will fight with setsuno in the war?? also i want to know what kind of abilities ootake learn maybe variations of toriko attacks? thus has the same hairstyle? , after this training toriko will not need to use more autophagy!! men i have a lot of questions ,but just can wait.

also im triying to relate the list with the trainig stages i mean

Ozone herb : learn to adapt low oxygen environments
    Melk stardust : gravity
    Mellow cola: heat environments
    Shining gourami: strength - i dont know just a test for chinchinchin?
    Meteor garlic: tactics? and poison ingredients
    Bubble fruit: learn food honor and how to organize his metabolism? i know sure about this

Unknown ingredient: speed ?
    Don't forget that he picked up "intuition" from the shining gourami, and learned to overcome high pressure water, like what that water tree threw at him.

another thing he really needs to learn according to jiro is to be constantly on guard, never letting his guard down, as apparently tori tends to go into "eating mode" or "casual mode" instead of keeping up his fighting mentality, and is far more vulnerable during these times, but can be attacked at any time in the gourmet world. Another thing is he needs to dramatically increase the range that his distance attacks can cover, a nice midair battle would be great, if he had some way of maneuvering in midair perhaps.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I think his range has increased considerably after he underwent Food Honour training as it increased all of his techs (power, range and speed).
    The thing that is really interesting in perspective - will he go to the Gourmet World after this Arc or will he aim for other ingridients to conquer Human World.
    As LoS said their might be more ingridients on Toriko"s list, I had the same fealing, but I'm not sure about it.

Hope we'll see some great fighting in the upcoming chapter.

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I think his range has increased considerably after he underwent Food Honour training as it increased all of his techs (power, range and speed).
    The thing that is really interesting in perspective - will he go to the Gourmet World after this Arc or will he aim for other ingridients to conquer Human World.
    As LoS said their might be more ingridients on Toriko"s list, I had the same fealing, but I'm not sure about it.

Hope we'll see some great fighting in the upcoming chapter.
    There is 1 more left and Ichiryuu will not Toriko go to GW unless he gets all 7 .

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't even imagine how strong Toriko was after the previous Arc as it seems that his cells evolved twice, now he got way stronger after learning Food Honour, now he learns Food Immertion, then he will also learn Spoon and eat Bubble Fruit that should evolve his cells even more + he also got Autophagy after which he always gets better power-up. If he gets other ingridients in Human World his cells will evolve even beyond my expectations, so I can't even imagine how strong Toriko might have gotten. He might ven try to fight Sani and Coco at the same time. Or fight Tommyrod and Greenpatch.

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I can't even imagine how strong Toriko was after the previous Arc as it seems that his cells evolved twice, now he got way stronger after learning Food Honour, now he learns Food Immertion, then he will also learn Spoon and eat Bubble Fruit that should evolve his cells even more + he also got Autophagy after which he always gets better power-up. If he gets other ingridients in Human World his cells will evolve even beyond my expectations, so I can't even imagine how strong Toriko might have gotten. He might ven try to fight Sani and Coco at the same time. Or fight Tommyrod and Greenpatch.
    Your forgetting Toriko not only one who's improving the others are aswell. If Toriko did take any of those 2 combination he most get his ass kicked.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I don't think so. Seriously only Food Honour gave Toriko more progress than half of the ingridients he've eaten in the last Arcs and when you think about all those ingridients and ingridient combos he've eaten during last 4-5 Arcs... not even talking about Food Immertion and Bubble Fruit.

P.S. You should also consider that most of relatively strong people had less stamina than Toriko even before he've eaten Meteor Garlic and that should have considerably increase his stamina and the level of calories he can maintain to use for his attacks.

P.P.S. Of course other characters also increased their capabilities, but not as much as Toriko, especially after this Arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

This page and this are rly deep. Its easy to write a essay on that, simply because its beautiful. I like how the original tension comes back to Toriko. Even though I enjoyed the one shot chapters and the training arc, I always missed the tension. Its seems the manga is going to deliver it for me. Finally and Thank You.

Take and the beast look like Toriko and his beast form/will or whatever it is called. It was rly confusing, as they made their appearance last week.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2