Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Haikyuu!! by FURUDATE Haruichi

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Haikyuu!! by FURUDATE Haruichi

Quote Originally Posted by lynxian View Post
    Ehh?? Please please let me know if/where my translations need work! I'm nowhere near fluent, so I'm always glad when people point out mistakes/mistranslations/etc.
    I also am not fluent in any stretch of the imagination.these might all be different perspectives or cultural differences too. so sry in advance if you already have thought about those.

In chapter 34 (that is the only chapter i can connect from the VPN to home right now) the conversation between daikichi and the nekoma guy about azumane's interaction with the back-up libero you wrote "all i can see is a guy trolling for reactions." in the original text it seems to me they were making a pun about azumane's intimidating looks and daikichi says " it seems more like kidnapping". also the panel below with nishinoya and nekoma libero they were already talking about him being behind them but 1 panel down when he starts speaking you say "right behind us" [背後] means rear and back but i think it was more like he doesnt even care about seeing me but alright about speaking from the back kind of feel to me.

P.S: Maybe i should have send these as private mail. at work it is kinda hard to use VPN all the time to connect to home network. I am sry if i seem nitpicky or making big deals about nothing.

Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member lynxian's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cearon View Post
    I also am not fluent in any stretch of the imagination.these might all be different perspectives or cultural differences too. so sry in advance if you already have thought about those.

In chapter 34 (that is the only chapter i can connect from the VPN to home right now) the conversation between daikichi and the nekoma guy about azumane's interaction with the back-up libero you wrote "all i can see is a guy trolling for reactions." in the original text it seems to me they were making a pun about azumane's intimidating looks and daikichi says " it seems more like kidnapping". also the panel below with nishinoya and nekoma libero they were already talking about him being behind them but 1 panel down when he starts speaking you say "right behind us" [背後] means rear and back but i think it was more like he doesnt even care about seeing me but alright about speaking from the back kind of feel to me.

P.S: Maybe i should have send these as private mail. at work it is kinda hard to use VPN all the time to connect to home network. I am sry if i seem nitpicky or making big deals about nothing.
    No, no, I'm really appreciative of the feedback! Evidently, I'd mistyped 誘拐犯 (yuukaihan) as 愉快犯 (yukaihan) and didn't even notice (usually I'm able to catch blunders like that... ack). As for 背後, I understood it as them commenting that Nishinoya was literally right behind them, as opposed to staring at them from a distance like he was doing a few panels prior.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lynxian View Post
    As for 背後, I understood it as them commenting that Nishinoya was literally right behind them, as opposed to staring at them from a distance like he was doing a few panels prior.
    Have to agree, that's how I read it too. Your translations are pretty spot on. Any errors would be just nitpicking. Like, 41, when Nishinoya does the rolling thunder, you had "Hrm...rolling...thunder...again!", but another translation has it with [改良版], "Hrm...rolling...thunder...revised version!". If you read it as the latter, what Hinata and Kageyama say in the following panel flows a bit better.
    -

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Hinata is becoming a very good player. How he opened the path for asahi as a decoy was well done. Karasuno is playing its game more united than their previous game against Nekoma.

I look forward to more
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I had two thoughts at the end of chapter 46: "Super badass" and "is that even legal?"

But seriously
    Spoiler show

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member lynxian's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually looked it up when I first read the chapter, and

Spoiler show

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know that (which is weird, as I am actually a fan of volleyball), so that's super cool, and shows Furudate's commitment to making this stuff work, huh.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually knew that (why??) so I expected him to do that the moment he looked at the ball. Still, that page!! Incredible.
    I'm hooked for the next chapter.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I was surprised too at first so it even make me looked to the rules. I doubt we will have a third set so the match will probably be over next chapter. The team sure has grown as a all and we already know what Hinata hs to improve next : his service.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Btw there is a street game in Asia which is a kind of volley ball with only the foot. I don't know the name though

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to play a lot of school volleyball and using a foot is not a fault as long as it isn't considered as a kick (let's say it has to be a pass, save, reflex). It's mostly used as a save in case the ball can't be saved by your hands. It is allowed, no worries and the mangaka drew it out pretty well since nishinoya could only save the ball by foot.

Spoiler show

Great chapter, now it's up to asahi to break that iron wall. I don't like the idea of a third set. This is the time for Nishi's and Asahi's win. So One More Time :-)
    Last edited by Koen; February 11, 2013 at 09:06 AM.
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Btw there is a street game in Asia which is a kind of volley ball with only the foot. I don't know the name though
    Well actually there are 3 games with similar origins. Jianzi more like foot badminton vietnamese origin (or i think it does....yes it is wikipedia confirmes it ), Sipa of Philippines and Sepak takraw of Malaysia (saw it in thailand thou they said malay origin).

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Estranho's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Here in Brazil we have a game called futevôlei or, in English, footvolley, which is mainly played in beachs in Rio.

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone see the new color pages Oberon posted? Might be slightly spoilerish because the scanlations haven't reached that part but damn, I absolutely love it.

Spoiler show

Feels like Furudate is improving artwise too, even though it's already on a pretty good level.

I'm loving this manga more and more, Azumane's move was really awesome. Here's were the character build between the matches kicks in, I felt so happy for him to finally break the Iron Wall that mericelessly crushed him last time.
    Somehow Furudate is capable of giving every character a fair share of spotlight. I was really glad that he's not forgeting the substitute either. As much as I enjoy Kageyama I'm rooting for Sugawara too so I hope and am pretty sure he will get his time to shine too.

Ah without me noticing I've become a really big fan of the series, Jump finally got a new awesome sports manga

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Kageyama is badass.

That ending! Finally Oikawa lost his smile.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, kageyama at the end was awesome and he had the right to do it. Oikawa has some talent but because of that he is acting arrongant towards his own teammates and opponents. I would not be surprised if the next play will turn into another point for Karasuno. This match will show us all the skills Kageyama has as a setter
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

New Reply
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast