Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Haikyuu!! by FURUDATE Haruichi

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Haikyuu!! by FURUDATE Haruichi

I'm not sure about that. I have the impression that Oikawa is acting like that on purpose so as to annoy Kagayama. If the setter cannot keep his calm then it will have an effect on his performance.

Intl Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Juin Jutsu Team's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler Pics o chapter 51: http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=53772149

Let me know if you will have problem with this link

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody else get the feeling they are going to lose to Aobajousai? I kinda feel like Furudate may have the senior lose their last tournament then have the team return triumphantly in the Spring tournament. Probably not, but it seems like a shame to have the Grand King lost as a villain before chapter 60. Though he is a third-year correct? That may destroy my theory right there lol

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Your best Friend 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    Anybody else get the feeling they are going to lose to Aobajousai? I kinda feel like Furudate may have the senior lose their last tournament then have the team return triumphantly in the Spring tournament. Probably not, but it seems like a shame to have the Grand King lost as a villain before chapter 60. Though he is a third-year correct? That may destroy my theory right there lol
    I'm not sure either. While they probably could deal with Oikawa even though he seems to be an amazing setter, it looks like he totally figured out their trump card. To be honest, I didn't like him all that much but him analyzing Karasuno's match all night really impressed me. Usually it's all about "this guy is an amazing player" but here we have someone who, despite his great talent, has both the will and the brains to put a lot of effort into analyzing his opponents beforehand. Oikawa was nothing but your usual cliche "I haz amazing skills" opponent before but I have to hand it to Furudate again, his image really changed drastically over that one scene.

Back to topic, I believe it will be very hard. I could see them winning too but failing is far from being out of the question either. I'm happy though, that's the best thing we as a reader could wish for. Too often the outcome is way too predictable but here I could barely guess the outcome of the game.
    So yeah, I really don't know. I feel like with Furudate we shouldn't rely too much on the usual shonen cliches and tropes, at least I feel that he, as an author, has the quality to do things you won't expect.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lynxian's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    I really can't tell either, at this point (and I'm actually quite glad of it, too). I have a feeling that now that Oikawa has figured out their signals and the rest of Aobajousai can sufficiently protect against them, that Karasuno will have to make some new strategies and possibly bring in some of their sideline characters. Maybe it's just because of that part near the beginning of the match, where Furudate-sensei purposefully makes mention of Yamaguchi's progress with the float serve, but Yamaguchi just might get his chance to shine this time around. Suga, too. If I remember right, he and Asahi have played together so long that they might not even need signals. Hell, when one of the chapters had me looking up player positionings a while ago, I even found one where the team has two setters on the court at the same time.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Three additional pages were added for chapter 40 in the volume 5 release that were originally not inluded in the Weekly Shonen Jump verson of the chapter.

Also Hinata has a little sister in the Haikyuu!! novel.
    Last edited by Zeromcd; March 07, 2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: ~~grammar~~

11. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that people are missing something here. Tsukishima scored a point and Kageyama complimented him, Hinata scored eyes opened a point even though they thought that he would act as a decoy, Tanaka scored a point...

Oikawa is very talented but he is arrogant and I think the difference lies within what's happening around the setter. Kageyama is at this moment the setter who has the reasons to become angry because nearly nothing works for him at this moment. Kageyama is keeping his cool because his teammates assured him that everything will turn out good.

Let's wait and see because I believe that Tanaka, Tsukihima, Hinata, Nishi, Asahi, Daichi,... are going to strengthen Kageyama's setter role. But when Oikawa('s team) is going to fail then he'll become angry and he'll fail. Oikawa is doomed to fall of his pedestal. He'll face Karasuno's true strength 'teamwork' and at that moment he will start to act like kageyama before he joined Karasuno. Who will give efforts to pick up oikawa's ball then
    Last edited by Koen; March 08, 2013 at 08:58 AM.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoilers abound, but I just had to share because it made me giddy:

Spoiler show

Issue #17 (chapter 54) will have center color.

15. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Just caught up with Haikyuu!! again. Wow, what a round of chapters. Definitely enjoying this match so far. Art is excellent and the comedy feels better again. Buzzcut can be badass after all. (:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeromcd View Post
    Three additional pages were added for chapter 40 in the volume 5 release that were originally not inluded in the Weekly Shonen Jump verson of the chapter.

Also Hinata has a little sister in the Haikyuu!! novel.
    Is it possible to post them?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Is it possible to post them?
    Should be able to tomorrow

---------- Post added March 20, 2013 at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was March 19, 2013 at 08:02 PM ----------

Sorry, can't do it because I'm to stupid to figure out how to get pictures to my computer from my phone

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally figured out a way to get my scanner to play nice with Windows 7, so here's scans of the extra pages from chapter 40:

Spoiler show

22. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Any little extra bit of the girls' team, even if its just a few panels, is enough to please me.

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A producer from Fuji TV said a vollyeball manga is getting an anime adaptation. What do you suppose the odds are it's Haikyuu!! that's getting an anime? (Source:Animenewsnetwork)

New Reply
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast