Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Minato & Itachi

3 25.00%
  • Naruto & Gaara

6 50.00%
  • Sasuke & Tobi

0 0%
  • Kabuto & Madara (no Hashirama abilities and no Edo Tensei)

3 25.00%
New Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: The Ultimate Tag-Team Battle

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Ultimate Tag-Team Battle

@Uchiha_Blood

Quote Quote:
    Point being, he probably can't do the whole "turn tangible for an instant then turn intangible again" since, if so, he wouldn't lose an eye with Izanagi, even in the sea of paper bomb an instant of tangibility probably wouldn't have killed him outright.
    That was not 1 bomb, that was a lake of bombs blowing constantly around Tobi, him going tangible for a second would mean death. It was CLEARY stated in the manga at A TIME.

Quote Quote:
    As for him standing it isn't magic, simply, as stated in the manga, he can make part of his bodies tangible, while make others intangible.
    Him making his wrists and feet tangible would render him able to stand and have those chains against Yondaime while the rest of the body would be intangible and ready for an attack
    Quote Quote:
    The page that you linked is perfect to further prove my point:
    see the middle panel, you clearly see Tobi's foot kicking the ground while Yondaime passes through him, speculiar to Yondaime's foot. See bottom-right panel, the chain is wrapped around Yondaime by Tobi actively turning a tangible wrist and arm ( otherwise the chain wouldn't have moved nor "clicked" ).

Also yes, Kakashi was in his line of sight
    There is no place in this entire manga where someone states Tobi can make diferent parts of his body tangible. Also if he could do what you sugest he could turn a kunai in his hand tangible and keep his body intangible and nobody could do shit to him. Its clearly proven in this manga that his weakness is his need to go tangible to attack, like the hole of him.
    Him steping on crep its just manga magic, just like him levitating trough solid matter:

http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/475/3

Its manga magic noting more. He can also turn other crep intangible with him and that is why the chains are not falling of his hand, the chain was intangible and then tangible with Tobi at the same time to trap Minato.

He is obviously not walking there(in the above link) with solid legs now is he? If he can "fly" up trough rock why would he not be able to use manga magic to step on rocks to?

Quote Quote:
    Also after seeing Naruto defeat the bijuus he isn't intangible, since he mistakes rain as sweat, same thing when Naruto headbutted him.
    He had to wait because he has to go tangible to teleport Naruto in his pocket dimension, thus would he do that he would've destroyed by the manliness incarnated that is a Gated Gai, plus Kakashi.
    His whole body turns tangible when teleporting. The only ability that bypasses that seems to be those Uzumaki/Rin'negan chains
    That was because it was time for talk no jutsu, same thing with Konan. He was tangible as raining was falling on him.
    Naruto headbutted him because he alowed it because:
    A. They where not in a fight and Naruto is THAT fast and Tobi had no idea they would find 1 another there.
    B. He allowed it to happen. He even states that he should have turned intangible and how this is all the Kyuubi power can do.

Tobi in this link clearly states:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/566/13
    He only turns tangible to warp him. Aside from that he was intangible like the smart man he is.

The only things that we KNOW are the chakra chains. I gues we will see if he can ST, BT, CT and what not when intangible or not but he would be TO OP if he could do that.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @Uchiha_Blood

That was not 1 bomb, that was a lake of bombs blowing constantly around Tobi, him going tangible for a second would mean death. It was CLEARY stated in the manga at A TIME.
    Why then, if he can magically levitate and stand around while being intangible, didn't he float towards the sky?

Quote Quote:
    There is no place in this entire manga where someone states Tobi can make diferent parts of his body tangible. Also if he could do what you sugest he could turn a kunai in his hand tangible and keep his body intangible and nobody could do shit to him. Its clearly proven in this manga that his weakness is his need to go tangible to attack, like the hole of him.
    Him steping on crep its just manga magic, just like him levitating trough solid matter:

http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/475/3

Its manga magic noting more. He can also turn other crep intangible with him and that is why the chains are not falling of his hand, the chain was intangible and then tangible with Tobi at the same time to trap Minato.

He is obviously not walking there(in the above link) with solid legs now is he? If he can "fly" up trough rock why would he not be able to use manga magic to step on rocks to?
    Sakura begs to differ.
    Also when did he fly in the page you linked? All I see his him emerging from the ground and blocking Fu, while having his hand/arm tangible and the rest of his body intangible.
    It isn't plot no jutsu if it is proved time and time again

Quote Quote:
    That was because it was time for talk no jutsu, same thing with Konan. He was tangible as raining was falling on him.
    Naruto headbutted him because he alowed it because:
    A. They where not in a fight and Naruto is THAT fast and Tobi had no idea they would find 1 another there.
    B. He allowed it to happen. He even states that he should have turned intangible and how this is all the Kyuubi power can do.

Tobi in this link clearly states:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/566/13
    He only turns tangible to warp him. Aside from that he was intangible like the smart man he is.

The only things that we KNOW are the chakra chains. I gues we will see if he can ST, BT, CT and what not when intangible or not but he would be TO OP if he could do that.
    You realize that all are you using to prove your point is "magic" and what you think?
    I provided you evidence that he can "remove" or render intangible separate parts of his bodies while making the rest tangible and also I showed that he isn't always intangible in both normal situations and combat situation.
    And your response is "magic" and "talk no jutsu".
    It is that much difficult to admit you were wrong?

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Uchiha_Blood

Quote Quote:
    Why then, if he can magically levitate and stand around while being intangible, didn't he float towards the sky?
    You also whant me to explain to you why Gama energy turns Banner into a green monster fueled by rage and not kills him in a very painful way? I got no idea, ask kishi. He can clearly do that as i showed you.

Quote Quote:
    Sakura begs to differ.
    Also when did he fly in the page you linked? All I see his him emerging from the ground and blocking Fu, while having his hand/arm tangible and the rest of his body intangible.
    It isn't plot no jutsu if it is proved time and time again
    Sakura had no bloody clue what she was talking about. She even states Tobi can make himself disappear lol.
    He is clearly not removing anything. He turns intangible. Yamato belived he can make himself cease to exist. They where just speculating and obviously they where wrong based on the other things we got to see. If he could attack with some body parts and keep the other intangible he would most defenetly had done so by now as it would be a HUGE tactical advantage. It was made clear time and time again he needs to go tangible to attack, that is his weakness.
    Think of Danzou's bodyguards. Right here:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/475/5
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/475/6

Note the entire body in first link. Tobi then congratules them and confirms it. Then the second link just about confirms he can't punch with just his hand. He triked them in hitting 1 another.

Quote Quote:
    You realize that all are you using to prove your point is "magic" and what you think?
    I provided you evidence that he can "remove" or render intangible separate parts of his bodies while making the rest tangible and also I showed that he isn't always intangible in both normal situations and combat situation.
    And your response is "magic" and "talk no jutsu".
    It is that much difficult to admit you were wrong?
    Yes i use magic as i have no bloody clue how his jutsu works. You also provided nothing. If we are to take that as evidence i gues he can remove himself from existence to lol.
    There is nothing to admit. If Tobi even when stanting on the sidelines is constantly intangible (when he is actualy fighting and not time for his speach) then yes i do think my point is valid.
    Sakura just noticed Tobi disappering and belive that is what he does, make parts of his body disapper but that is false. He warps himself to "disappear" and he turns intangible to avoid attacks. He does not remove shit. He himself stated he need to materialize to attack. Removing with his jutsu body parts would take time to warp them away to his dimension and it would make no sense how he can survive with missing body parts. His warping is like a wormhole to his dimension. Going from Sakura trowing some speculations about to fact is absurd.

You whant to know why its manga magic? Here:

1-How can he see when he is intangible as light would pass right trough him.
    2-How can he hear as sound waves(vibrations or whatever) would just pass right trough him.
    3-How can he breath and speak as air would just pass trough him. Or does he has elephant lungs?
    4-How can he levitate trough solid matter but not trough air?
    5-How can he stand on objects if his entire body is intangible?
    6-How come he is not flying off the planet when he is intangible as gravity would have no efect on him?
    7-How come he does not fly right off the planet or trough the planet or whatever as the planet moves trough space? I am aware inertia should be kept BUT as the Earth spins around its axis Tobi should be trown right off the planet as gravity would not keep him on it.

You whant more or are you satisfied with manga magic?
    Last edited by xXan; May 10, 2012 at 02:12 AM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

@xXan

We agree to disagree then, it would be pointless to further debate since we are pretty set in everything, and while the manga says one thing common sense says another lol.

To another note, Kabuto's most recent feats wouldn't increase the odds for his team?
    Having the Sound Five abilities to use on top of his own really is a great power up, and it would be pretty supportive for Madara too.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Uchiha_Blood

Well yeah but i am still going with Naruto's team or Tobi's. Naruto alone is the biggest team around here. Him fresh and able to create some 13 RM clones would be like having an army of Kages on his back. Also they don't go puff when hit. Then add RM lvl 2 and flashbijudama... Naruto with full Kurama suport would but out of any genjutsu aside for Itachi's MS genjutsu and he has a ton of clones there to avoid it. Naruto does not even need Gaara here to keep up.
    For Tobi he has 6 jins with biju's and rinnegan. Also Sasuke flametrower mode is there. The only team i feel bad here is Minato/Itachi lol. Kabuto could still get 1 shoot with 1 Amaterasu if he is not carefull.

Something tells me that when Tobi starts his fight with Naruto and co i am going to suport him completly :P

New Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12