Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: Who would you want as your captain!?

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Who would you want as your captain!?

    Basically if you were on a pirate crew... who would you want as your captain and why...

    Example: I'd want Luffy as my captain. Because he seems the most proned to get into the most exciting of adventures with. You would never get bored with him, maybe a little pissed off or scared shitless, but the fun would be recurring far too much...



    My personal choice.

    Sadi-Chan: because I am also a masochist... and we'd be great together.
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,857
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would you want as your captain!?

    Whitebeard and Red-haired seems to be some nice guys, I wouldn't mind be under their command.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  3. #3
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would you want as your captain!?

    Luffy for the same reasons. Too much fun with Luffy - it's never a dull moment with him around. Plus, he's a good guy, albeit an idiot, so there's the moralistic reason for wanting him as cap.

    I wouldn't mind having Zoro as my captain either, with the way he seeks to improve himself and his take-no-shit attitude.

  4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #4
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would you want as your captain!?

    I will side with Shanks, he chills most of the time, is traveling to the most beautiful islands and when it comes to action I could die happily having lived with such awesome nakama. XD

    edit: There's an edit button.
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 30, 2012 at 09:18 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would you want as your captain!?

    I've also changed my mind...

    My captain would be Kaku... because no matter how serious things got, I could always laugh at his SQUARED-NESS
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

  8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #6
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gourmet World
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,412
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would you want as your captain!?

    I don't have one ideal Captain, but my choices are Luffy, Garp, Shanks, Whitebeard and Dragon.
    Every one of them are interestin in their own way. Some of them are funny, some are more serious, but all are strong-willed and the jouney with them will be full of epic moments.

  10. #7
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    At miles away from you...:p
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would you want as your captain!?

    Yeah definitely Luffy . He's just too funny and awesome at the same time . But i wouldn't mind Zoro as my captain either , he's also cool though knowing his sense of direction ... many adventure would await me

    Actually i would love to be part of the SH's ...my dream is to be the 11th nakama of the SH's

  11. #8
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would you want as your captain!?

    I'd like to be a captain myself. but if I had to train under someone,than I'd say Roger,WB,or shanks. they are strong and can protect me

  12. #9
    MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,284
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would you want as your captain!?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Luffy for the same reasons. Too much fun with Luffy - it's never a dull moment with him around. Plus, he's a good guy, albeit an idiot, so there's the moralistic reason for wanting him as cap.

    I wouldn't mind having Zoro as my captain either, with the way he seeks to improve himself and his take-no-shit attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I will side with Shanks, he chills most of the time, is traveling to the most beautiful islands and when it comes to action I could die happily having lived with such awesome nakama. XD

    edit: There's an edit button.
    I totally agree with these 2 posts. It's such a tough choice between the 2 because Luffy is so damn entertain and you know there'd never be dull moment. And Shanks just reeks badassness and I would be getting drunk all the time. Plus I love his crew's motif; they look like a circus/magician group. Hmmmm Damnit I'll go with Luffy.

  13. #10
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would you want as your captain!?

    i want luffy to be my captain..because he have the heart of a real captain..^_^

  14. #11
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner poncho1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Joker
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would you want as your captain!?

    Shanks, Luffy and Dragon one of those. I think in Shanks' and Luffy's crew it'd be very funny and you would have a lot of good and hard fights.
    And to be a part of the revolutionaries would be also awesome. Dragon as your leader and to be a part of a big army and fight against the world government, that would be pretty fun.

  15. #12
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would you want as your captain!?

    All of your guys choices as captains kind of suck. My number 1 choice would be Captain Kid. He would be the ideal image of a pirate captain. In his crew, you would constantly challenge those that are stronger than you, pilvage anything you like and Kid would have enough brains to know how to lead.

    If I didn't want to join a so gong-ho pirate crew, my 2nd choice would be Buggy's crew. This would be a crew where we steal just to party. Just pure fun and entertainment.

    Luffy would be kind of be my last choice as a captain. Luffy isn't really smart enough to warrant control over his crew. Anyone that follows him is due to his nature and strength. The strawhats are less a pirate group but more 9 friends that sail together and have equal voice in the crew.

    People like shanks and whitebeard are no longer mere pirate captains but emperors that have territory. They move away from a pirate crew and towards an organized fleet that defends its waters from external attack. Very stagnant.

    Dragon is the worst of your guys choice as captain. He is more a leader of an organization that plans to overthrow the world. Unless I believe the world is corrupted and follow the hope of change that Dragon might unleash. I have no reason to join his group.

  16. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would you want as your captain!?

    I'd choose Shanks over Luffy... All because I'd like to eat meat even once. I could stop on the alcohol, since I'm not drinking that much anyways, but if one took my meat it would be unforgivable!!!!

  17. #14
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would you want as your captain!?

    Quote Originally Posted by hiper05 View Post
    All of your guys choices as captains kind of suck. My number 1 choice would be Captain Kid. He would be the ideal image of a pirate captain. In his crew, you would constantly challenge those that are stronger than you, pilvage anything you like and Kid would have enough brains to know how to lead.

    Luffy would be kind of be my last choice as a captain. Luffy isn't really smart enough to warrant control over his crew. Anyone that follows him is due to his nature and strength. The strawhats are less a pirate group but more 9 friends that sail together and have equal voice in the crew.

    People like shanks and whitebeard are no longer mere pirate captains but emperors that have territory. They move away from a pirate crew and towards an organized fleet that defends its waters from external attack. Very stagnant..
    Maybe it's not on top of the priority list of most users to be a moral bastard? Raiding villages, raping people, that's not what most people want, but to have fun[Why would you want to do that? oO]. I don't see how sailing with Luffy could be in any way boring. Nor was there ever a hint in the manga, that Shanks has some kind of fleet, even less organized.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  18. #15
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would you want as your captain!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Maybe it's not on top of the priority list of most users to be a moral bastard? Raiding villages, raping people, that's not what most people want, but to have fun[Why would you want to do that? oO]. I don't see how sailing with Luffy could be in any way boring. Nor was there ever a hint in the manga, that Shanks has some kind of fleet, even less organized.
    The original yonkou spend most of the time defending their position and territory as emperors. They probably don't see any life risking battles where there fighting people on a similar level. Shank might be a little unorthodox compared to others, as he isn't seen indulging in his power as the other three but he does have his crew and most likely islands that are within his territory.

    I also wouldn't personally join luffy's crew because of his amazing characteristic as a respected captain that knows how to lead but would want him as the ultimate best friend. Noway joining Luffy's crew would be boring, it would be probably the most fun.

    While Kid might be immoral in the sense that he is highly bloodthirsty and pursues challenges and makes sure anyone that challenges him to know of his power, such goals make him the ideal captain. Just like luffy's goal to go on the ultimate adventure or Buggy's goal for more and more treasure. Haveing a goal is what makes a captain enticing. This is how the Yonkou who have already achieved the pinnacle of strength and power are stagnant because they aren't chasing after anything.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts