Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Legend Of The Black Lions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Legend Of The Black Lions

In the end, Fayte, this type of ending was better than having Echizen overcome whatever you want to call Aisoku's aura and tech, so I'm in favor of it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    this type of ending was better than having Echizen overcome whatever you want to call Aisoku's aura and tech
    Yeah, that is exactly what I didn't want so I had to end it another way.

I have a question for everyone:

Who is your favorite black lion and why?

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Saishi and Raizan. Loved the Wolves of Kyoto thing. Great pair aswell.
    Even better as Konomi has confusingly not got a single player in the series from the prominent city of Kyoto in the series.

They add to the story better than Konomi since Japan is a big place. There is more to the nation than the Kanto Region and Osaka while Konomi shows otherwise by JUST having players from Kanto and Shitenhouji.

Best partnership probably too. Their personalities seemed so real aswell.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes
    Saishi and Raizan. Loved the Wolves of Kyoto thing. Great pair aswell.
    Even better as Konomi has confusingly not got a single player in the series from the prominent city of Kyoto in the series.

They add to the story better than Konomi since Japan is a big place. There is more to the nation than the Kanto Region and Osaka while Konomi shows otherwise by JUST having players from Kanto and Shitenhouji.

Best partnership probably too. Their personalities seemed so real aswell.
    Thanks for the detailed response. I purposely made Saishi and Raizan to be very down-to-earth to make them a pair you just can't not like. I pretty much did everything I wanted to with Saishi, but I forgot something with Raizan. One of his unique attributes is the fact when he is playing casually, his voice has a kind of soft/high tone. When he gets serious, his voice changes and becomes much deeper, giving off the illusion that he is two different people. It is kind of like the whole Tobi/Madara change. As Tobi the voice is high, as Madara the voice is deep. It's just one more thing to make him a badass.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do they need to be from Kyoto ... Whatever Kyoto team there would be, they would still be representing the Kansai region, so in the end it wouldn't matter. Besides, Shitenhoji all speak with Kansai accents anyhow.

One thing I always liked about Konomi was his boldness to insert characters from different areas and have them represent those locals properly. For instance, be thankful that you have English translations of the manga, because Higa Middle School, the Okinawan gang, their accents are hell to understand in Japanese. It's like going from the States to the Caribbean Islands and trying to understand the broken English without any proper experience.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a great end Fayte. After all, Seda just wanted that people could enjoy tennis and he wanted to eliminate all the corruption in the tennis world. Seda just wants that everybodys enjoys tennis, much like Nanjiro.

My favourite Black Lion was Tetsuma. He was invredible and completely overwhelmed Yukimura after defeating his reversed world. I just wanted to see what would have happened if they went into a tiebreak.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    It was a great end Fayte. After all, Seda just wanted that people could enjoy tennis and he wanted to eliminate all the corruption in the tennis world. Seda just wants that everybodys enjoys tennis, much like Nanjiro.

My favourite Black Lion was Tetsuma. He was invredible and completely overwhelmed Yukimura after defeating his reversed world. I just wanted to see what would have happened if they went into a tiebreak.
    I figured I'd keep revealing some background of the characters that were favorited:

I created Tetsuma with Sanada in the back of my mind. He is basically in that same role as vice captain, and the voice of the team. Just like Sanada controls Rikkaidai with Yukimura as the overseer, Tetsuma controls the Black Lions with Seda as the overseer. Unlike Sanada, however, he is very polite and proper along with the fact he is very intelligent and educated (hence the classy Latin technique names).

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Why do they need to be from Kyoto ... Whatever Kyoto team there would be, they would still be representing the Kansai region, so in the end it wouldn't matter. Besides, Shitenhoji all speak with Kansai accents anyhow.
    Accents are irrelevant. In ANY GOOD Sports Anime, when they are forming a National Team, all the main cities are repesented. ALWAYS.
    In this U-17 Camp, we have loads of MSers from Tokyo, then Okinawa, Osaka, Kanagawa. 2Chiba, 1Aichi, 1Toukou.

The popular cities that always appear in anime such as Gunma, Hokkaido, Kyoto, Fukuoku, Shizuoka, Nagano and Nara and many more.
    And your telling me out of all MSers they could bring from the WHOLE NATION, they got like 65% from Tokyo who are mainly fodder, and misssed out on the main cities?
    Even if Kyoto were representing Kansai, they are representing Kyoto at the same time. A city we know nothing of in this series. Which shouldnt happen if its a National Tournament now.

But also, the fact they were from a City that we dont have in this series, its more realistic so its not a situation where its like... If they are from Tokyo or Osaka it attacks the story a bit since there is no mention of an amazing doubles pair in those cities. Japan is a big place so I think it was good to use other cities.

One thing I always liked about Konomi was his boldness to insert characters from different areas and have them represent those locals properly.
    Come off it. He did it ONCE. Okinawa is the only time he really went the distance. You expect Kanagawa, Tokyo and Osaka to be represented in any anime and they were.
    You expect Hokkaido, Gunma, Kyoto and others but they were not. Once youve watched various anime's you will know that a ''National'' camp will have players from all the prominent cities. Many glorious attractions in Hokkaido, Kyoto and Gunma.

For instance, be thankful that you have English translations of the manga, because Higa Middle School, the Okinawan gang, their accents are hell to understand in Japanese. It's like going from the States to the Caribbean Islands and trying to understand the broken English without any proper experience.
    Why would we not get English Translation of the manga? Its not something to be thankful for lol. The demand for PoT was there so it is what to expect. Accents dont matter at all. Okinawa was fantastic for the storyline. But only introducing TWO cities in the WHOLE National Tournament was poor.
    He only introduced Shitenhouji and Higa. Nagoya and St.Icaria werent really introduced.

As I said to Fayte back on topic, Saishi and Raizan seemed real since not only did the act like High Schoolers, you could see they were close as bickered as they played but trust each other fully nonetheless in their game play. ''Raizan you see those white lines'', that's what I expect from a game during class at school haha. They were so real lol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Accents are irrelevant. In ANY GOOD Sports Anime, when they are forming a National Team, all the main cities are repesented. ALWAYS.
    In this U-17 Camp, we have loads of MSers from Tokyo, then Okinawa, Osaka, Kanagawa. 2Chiba, 1Aichi, 1Toukou.

The popular cities that always appear in anime such as Gunma, Hokkaido, Kyoto, Fukuoku, Shizuoka, Nagano and Nara and many more.
    I'm sure you're only thinking about Initial D. Give me ten examples of sports anime that features characters from those cities.

Again, I don't see how it matters. A lot of the cities in Japan are very similar in culture and overall tone. It's like saying, if PoT took place in America, Konomi put in characters from all the main West Coast states except California. In the end, it doesn't matter. How does it affect the quality of the story.

Quote Quote:
    Why would we not get English Translation of the manga? Its not something to be thankful for lol. The demand for PoT was there so it is what to expect. Accents dont matter at all. Okinawa was fantastic for the storyline. But only introducing TWO cities in the WHOLE National Tournament was poor.
    He only introduced Shitenhouji and Higa. Nagoya and St.Icaria werent really introduced.
    We must live in different areas because PoT was not that popular in the states. Yes, that includes the manga too. It was only because of Viz's goodwill that they translated the whole series. You're lucky they didn't cancel it like they cancelled their translation of Reborn!

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

We must live in different areas because PoT was not that popular in the states. Yes, that includes the manga too. It was only because of Viz's goodwill that they translated the whole series. You're lucky they didn't cancel it like they cancelled their translation of Reborn!
    It says on our profiles we live in different areas. You can do the adding up.
    I remember any store I went to that had manga, always had a lot of PoT, so maybe it is an area thing. Since I see nothing odd in all PoT Volumes being translated.

And yeah lol, the cancellation on Reborn! Volumes in English was harsh and abrupt.

I'm sure you're only thinking about Initial D. Give me ten examples of sports anime that features characters from those cities.

Again, I don't see how it matters. A lot of the cities in Japan are very similar in culture and overall tone. It's like saying, if PoT took place in America, Konomi put in characters from all the main West Coast states except California. In the end, it doesn't matter. How does it affect the quality of the story.
    That would be dumb still lol.

If it was an All-America training camp, and EVERYBODY was from West Coast and Cali, then it would be dumb! Nobody from Chicago, DC, states like Texas, New York, Florida would just be weird. No it doesnt ''ruin'' the storyline, but I would say it does make me think... Wait... Its an All-Japan Camp no? Not a Part-Japan camp like it seems to be here.

I just dont get the feeling its an All-Japan Junior Training camp that much, since all Konomi did was half-assedly drag those that Seigaku had faced in the past + Shitty Kadowaki, Richard Sakata and Krauser.
    Instead of making the effort to bring characters or introduce characters from across the nation.

Although Konomi has barely provided back story's for any of the new characters he has in SPoT.

But this doesnt belong in Fayte's thread lol.

Like I said before, Saishi/Raizan are my favs and a Pair I could see in the actual storyline easily.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Thanks for the detailed response. I purposely made Saishi and Raizan to be very down-to-earth to make them a pair you just can't not like.
    They are like an amazing Marui/Jackal except Raizan can attack a lot better than Jackal can, and well... Saishi and Raizan are just down right better players.
    The whole neatly organized partnership they have and the ''...Do not want'' from Saishi to force Raizan to return.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes
    They are like an amazing Marui/Jackal except Raizan can attack a lot better than Jackal can, and well... Saishi and Raizan are just down right better players.
    The whole neatly organized partnership they have and the ''...Do not want'' from Saishi to force Raizan to return.
    That is exactly the pair I modeled them after. I wanted them to be clowns on the court and at the same time work together nicely. As for Saishi's humorous personality, the humor is definitely more of an American flavor than Japanese lol. I don't know how funny Japanese people would find them. I think they're hilarious, but that's because it's my humor coming out in the characters. :P

And both characters can dominate the majority of the country in singles as well.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    And both characters can dominate the majority of the country in singles as well.
    I could feel this, which is why I compared them to amazing versions of Marui and Jackal. As those two are very capable Singles players.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Radiohead?! GO TETSUMA ♥ lol

I thought you were gonna make one of this guys an emo character and make him listen "my chemical romance", don't know why.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    Radiohead?! GO TETSUMA ♥ lol

I thought you were gonna make one of this guys an emo character and make him listen "my chemical romance", don't know why.
    I have to like the songs in order for me to give them to the characters lol

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast