Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend Of The Black Lions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [PoT OVA Script] Legend Of The Black Lions

Amazing chapter Fayte, I loved how yo made Irie overcome Yukimura's new technique.

It's a shame his stamina is his weakness, he can't play in long matches like that, however, he almost won.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Amazing chapter Fayte, I loved how yo made Irie overcome Yukimura's new technique.

It's a shame his stamina is his weakness, he can't play in long matches like that, however, he almost won.
    Thanks man. I had to figure out a way to make this into a great match without having either of them become fodder. I really wanted Irie to be Yukimura's wall to overcome. I wanted him to be the one that makes Yukimura not know what to do. At the same time, I didn't want it to be easy for Irie either. I wanted to utilize Irie's stats of having absurdly high mentality, and low stamina. And Yukimura's technique was me trying to rationalize what Konomi did in the Fuwa match. So, I did what I felt was the best of my options.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

That chapter of yours should be adapted to anime, there's more than enough material to do so.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

My only complain is the call out on kirihara for unsportmanlike behavior? Never on the anime, despite brutal shots blood etc, was such a call. In fact I don't think it would be even called out in Real life.
    The anime already broke the rules of tennis many times (blood allowed on the court, A destroyed ball allowed to count as a point and many others im forgetting or missing) yet they were never called out. The most brutal in your face tennis has been displayed in children tournament with no calls (Anything involving kirhara, etc). and now in the u-17 camp where coaches seem to encourage win at any cost and tennis is dangerous business, they call out on kirihara for , during game, striking an opponent with a ball? I don't buy it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    My only complain is the call out on kirihara for unsportmanlike behavior? Never on the anime, despite brutal shots blood etc, was such a call. In fact I don't think it would be even called out in Real life.
    The anime already broke the rules of tennis many times (blood allowed on the court, A destroyed ball allowed to count as a point and many others im forgetting or missing) yet they were never called out. The most brutal in your face tennis has been displayed in children tournament with no calls (Anything involving kirhara, etc). and now in the u-17 camp where coaches seem to encourage win at any cost and tennis is dangerous business, they call out on kirihara for , during game, striking an opponent with a ball? I don't buy it.
    I have played tennis since middle school, and I've also helped coach middle school tennis. I very well know the rules. Middleschool isn't taken as seriously because of age. Everyone may have a "they're just kids" mentality. However, highschool/college/pro is another story. Rules become more strict (ie: foot faults), and you have a greater responsibility to play fair. An easy explanation for this is "U-17 Coaches judge differently than middle school refs." Kirihara doesn't have the permission to play like that in the big leagues. That's how I describe it.

Does it line up with Konomi's unrealistic complete moron refs? No. This is one of the ways my writing is different.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually loved Chapter 6. Loved the Yips concept.
    And surprised you pulled off having Sanada and Yuki stay great without fodderizing Oni and Irie. I expected you to screw it up but it was awesome.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

And only Ryoma has to win his match and the HS trio are defeated.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Actually loved Chapter 6. Loved the Yips concept.
    And surprised you pulled off having Sanada and Yuki stay great without fodderizing Oni and Irie. I expected you to screw it up but it was awesome.
    Such faith you have!

---------- Post added May 11, 2012 at 04:24 AM ---------- Previous post was May 10, 2012 at 08:44 PM ----------

Spoiler: Chapter 7: "Sphere Of Odin" show

Spoiler: Chapter 8: "Revelation" show

Double feature tonight.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Fayte; May 10, 2012 at 11:36 PM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you going to pull a Shiraishi on Fuji? (Atobe returns Sphere of Odin)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Are you going to pull a Shiraishi on Fuji? (Atobe returns Sphere of Odin)
    The match was stopped, so the world may never know

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    The match was stopped, so the world may never know
    Didnt feel the Shiraishi loss. What happened to the Golden Gauntlet?
    Shiraishi > Tachibana but that debate belongs in the tier discussion.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The golden gauntlet was taken off a while back.

Quote Quote:
    Tachibana: “You need to take off that weight if you want to beat me, Shiraishi.”
    Shiraishi: “I suppose so, heh . . . “

(Shiraishi unwraps his bandages)
    That's why Shiraishi took the lead in that moment, but then Tachibana revealed to have wrist weights, saying Shiraishi inspired him.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    The golden gauntlet was taken off a while back.

That's why Shiraishi took the lead in that moment, but then Tachibana revealed to have wrist weights, saying Shiraishi inspired him.
    Ah yeah, Since youve included Tachibana has wrist weights in this story, then 7-5 is cool.
    In Konomi's one I would expect a 7-5 Shiraishi win(golden gauntlet removal) but again you've exceeded my expectations Fayte. Im gonna stop expecting this to suck as its getting good.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    In Konomi's one I would expect a 7-5 Shiraishi win(golden gauntlet removal) but again you've exceeded my expectations Fayte. Im gonna stop expecting this to suck as its getting good.
    I am using Konomi's law of last improvement. That basically means if two main characters of similar skill play each other, the last person to improve will most likely lose.

For example:

Kirihara vs Fuji (Kirihara was the last person to improve with SoSA, and therefore lost)
    Atobe vs Echizen (Atobe was the last person to improve with WoI and Tannhauser serve, and therefore lost)
    Shiraishi vs Fuji (Fuji was the last person to improve with 4th counter, and therefore lost)
    Sanada vs Yukimura (Sanada was the last person to improve with Rai, and therefore lost)

So, going by this, if Konomi actually had a Tachibana/Shiraishi match, Shiraishi would actually lose because Shiraishi had the last improvement with the golden gauntlet. That would mean Tachibana is the one to overcome it and win.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Spoiler: Chapter 9: "The Coming Storm" show

---------- Post added May 12, 2012 at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was May 11, 2012 at 11:10 PM ----------

Where are you people?

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The appearance of nanjiroh, I am not sure what to make of it, since intially he turned down the Japanese tennis association. But I guess now he is interested because maybe ryoma is possibly in harms way?
    Maybe with him around, there might be a future dad vs son battle. If it does happen, I do hope ryoma loses, but anything can happen.

Also, in Germany, I wonder if that Tezuka is the new recruit???? OR if he got defeated? Or if he .... did a cartwheel??!!!

New Reply
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast