Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 294

Thread: Legend Of The Black Lions

  1. #76
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [PoT OVA Script] Legend Of The Black Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukihime no uta View Post
    The appearance of nanjiroh, I am not sure what to make of it, since intially he turned down the Japanese tennis association. But I guess now he is interested because maybe ryoma is possibly in harms way?
    Maybe with him around, there might be a future dad vs son battle. If it does happen, I do hope ryoma loses, but anything can happen.

    Also, in Germany, I wonder if that Tezuka is the new recruit???? OR if he got defeated? Or if he .... did a cartwheel??!!!
    I think he did a cartwheel.

  2. #77
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [PoT OVA Script] Legend Of The Black Lions

    I wasn't too fond of how the game between Byoudouin was portrayed. Ryoga seems to OP to just do away with him like that. And I doubt Byoudouin would just submit like he did.

  3. #78
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [PoT OVA Script] Legend Of The Black Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    I wasn't too fond of how the game between Byoudouin was portrayed. Ryoga seems to OP to just do away with him like that. And I doubt Byoudouin would just submit like he did.
    I can tell Byoudouin is fodder (based upon personality, ranking, and character design), regardless of how strong he appears thus far in the story. To me, it's just a matter of time before Konomi does the same thing with him. Also, we know hardly anything about him, so it is pointless to doubt anything. I could have written he did backflips off the court and it would still be believable. He could be a joker for all we know.

    The whole point was for Ryoga to make an impression on the U-17 camp. Ryoga is a professional tennis player (according to my story) and he is on another level. If Ryoga doesn't bring the U-17 camp up to HIS level, they're not beating the black lions.
    Last edited by Fayte; May 13, 2012 at 09:04 AM.

  4. #79
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [PoT OVA Script] Legend Of The Black Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I can tell Byoudouin is fodder (based upon personality, ranking, and character design), regardless of how strong he appears thus far in the story. To me, it's just a matter of time before Konomi does the same thing with him. Also, we know hardly anything about him, so it is pointless to doubt anything. I could have written he did backflips off the court and it would still be believable. He could be a joker for all we know.
    You can tell he's fodder? That's nonsense.
    He threw Tokugawa into a wall and Tokugawa is freakin scared of him. He broke a wall with his shot. Like Akutsu who was relevant to the storyline, he attacked Ryoma off the courts.
    He is the No.1 and is destined to be dethroned correct, however he is clearly amongst the strongest players in the series.
    Just the fact that Tokugawa has likely chosen to not be a 1st Stringer so that he could challenge him and how he puts himself through harsh training just to defeat Byoudouin.

    Ohmagari Ryuuji doesnt think much of Mach Serve and takes orders from Byoudouin, we know he has to be awesome.
    Byoudouin is gonna get a full match in the series and he's already appeared in flashbacks. Right now, in this Top 10 challenge arc, he is extremely relevant to the story.

    No way is Byoudouin just some 1st String fodder like Kaji or No.s 11-20.

  5. #80
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [PoT OVA Script] Legend Of The Black Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    You can tell he's fodder? That's nonsense.
    He threw Tokugawa into a wall and Tokugawa is freakin scared of him. He broke a wall with his shot. Like Akutsu who was relevant to the storyline, he attacked Ryoma off the courts.
    He is the No.1 and is destined to be dethroned correct, however he is clearly amongst the strongest players in the series.
    Just the fact that Tokugawa has likely chosen to not be a 1st Stringer so that he could challenge him and how he puts himself through harsh training just to defeat Byoudouin.

    Ohmagari Ryuuji doesnt think much of Mach Serve and takes orders from Byoudouin, we know he has to be awesome.
    Byoudouin is gonna get a full match in the series and he's already appeared in flashbacks. Right now, in this Top 10 challenge arc, he is extremely relevant to the story.

    No way is Byoudouin just some 1st String fodder like Kaji or No.s 11-20.
    I will bet that Byoudouin becomes fodder by the hands of probably Ryoga before they even play a foreign team. I do not see him becoming another Akutsu, because I do not see him being brought back once he is defeated. Byoudouin is not the final boss, no matter how "strong" he appears to be. I'm pretty confident about this, but we'll see what Konomi does in like 5 years when the next couple chapters come out.

  6. #81
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [PoT OVA Script] Legend Of The Black Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I will bet that Byoudouin becomes fodder by the hands of probably Ryoga before they even play a foreign team. I do not see him becoming another Akutsu, because I do not see him being brought back once he is defeated. Byoudouin is not the final boss, no matter how "strong" he appears to be. I'm pretty confident about this, but we'll see what Konomi does in like 5 years when the next couple chapters come out.
    Or become fodder by the hands of Tokugawa. It's probable that Byodouin gets finally beaten by Tokugawa.

    For me, it's an important character in the U-17 arc, outside that, in the world arc, he won't have much relevance, probably him and the other top 10 first stringers (Duke, Ohmagari, Kimijima, Tohno, Ochi and Mouri):

    The most important HS are Tokugawa, Irie, Oni, Tanegashima and Ryoga. Others will become fodder.

  7. #82
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [PoT OVA Script] Legend Of The Black Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Or become fodder by the hands of Tokugawa. It's probable that Byodouin gets finally beaten by Tokugawa.

    For me, it's an important character in the U-17 arc, outside that, in the world arc, he won't have much relevance, probably him and the other top 10 first stringers (Duke, Ohmagari, Kimijima, Tohno, Ochi and Mouri):

    The most important HS are Tokugawa, Irie, Oni, Tanegashima and Ryoga. Others will become fodder.
    If Byoudouin does become fodder. It means Atobe/Niou will probably become fodder as well. I highly doubt they can take him on.

    I don't know what you guys think, but if I'm Japanese team coach, I'm not going to be like "Hey, Byoudouin got beaten. He'll go off the team entirely." I'll be like, "Hmm.. Put him on number 20."

    It hardly make sense otherwise. To do so would be epitome of stupidity. It's more understandable if it's school (Seigaku). But not at all when it's national level.

    Byoudouin shouldn't become fodder as long as he's still one of the most powerful players in the series. He should still be stronger than majority of the MS. Except Echizen, Yukimura, Sanada, and Kintarou, maybe. That isn't my definition of fodder.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  8. #83
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [PoT OVA Script] Legend Of The Black Lions

    Well, not that fodder like No.11-20, but if he gets beaten, he can get a spot on the top 10, you put him in a singles spot, because even if he gets beaten, he's still No.1, so he's above many top MS (Atobe, Shiraishi, Tachibana...), but like you said, Echizen, Yukimura, Sanada, Kintarou and Tezuka should be able to defeat him or at least lose in a very close match.

  9. #84
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [PoT OVA Script] Legend Of The Black Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I can tell Byoudouin is fodder (based upon personality, ranking, and character design), regardless of how strong he appears thus far in the story.
    You're out of your mind.

  10. #85
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [PoT OVA Script] Legend Of The Black Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I will bet that Byoudouin becomes fodder by the hands of probably Ryoga before they even play a foreign team. I do not see him becoming another Akutsu, because I do not see him being brought back once he is defeated. Byoudouin is not the final boss, no matter how "strong" he appears to be. I'm pretty confident about this, but we'll see what Konomi does in like 5 years when the next couple chapters come out.
    LOL I pray not 5 years, but when you say fodder, you think he wont even last a full match and will get destroyed instantly?
    Honestly I see him giving whoever his opponent is a good match and will gladly bet you on that. As oppose to getting owned or anything.
    No shit he will become fodder once he is dethroned.

  11. #86
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [PoT OVA Script] Legend Of The Black Lions

    (insert futurama fry pick) Can't tell if legends of the black lions thread.... or legends of whos fodder or not thread -.-

  12. #87
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [PoT OVA Script] Legend Of The Black Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukihime no uta View Post
    (insert futurama fry pick) Can't tell if legends of the black lions thread.... or legends of whos fodder or not thread -.-
    We're discussing the fodderization of a major canon character in Legend of the Black Lions as a bad writing choice.

    Can't tell if you can't read or just trolling.

  13. #88
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [PoT OVA Script] Legend Of The Black Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    We're discussing the fodderization of a major canon character in Legend of the Black Lions as a bad writing choice.

    Can't tell if you can't read or just trolling.
    But it's Fayte's choice, don't take Byodouin's fodderization that seriously, obviosly, in the actual manga, no way Ryoga would 6-1'd Byodouin

  14. #89
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [PoT OVA Script] Legend Of The Black Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    But it's Fayte's choice, don't take Byodouin's fodderization that seriously, obviosly, in the actual manga, no way Ryoga would 6-1'd Byodouin
    But it's just the readers criticizing the author's writing.

  15. #90
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [PoT OVA Script] Legend Of The Black Lions

    My bad.. I actually just blanked out and forgot where the origin of the byoudin talk started from since i was just back and forth through different threads lol.

    Look forward to any new chapters though, from either of you two.

New Reply
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts