Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend Of The Black Lions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [PoT OVA Script] Legend Of The Black Lions

I don't think many people underestimate Kirihara. I think you're overestimating him by far. That, and I think National Shiraishi is on the same level as National Tachibana.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter 2 Fayte!

However, as said in the post, Kintarou would crush Kirihara 6-0, the guy would barely get any point. I assume that in your story, Kirihara got a boost in his skills.

I wonder if Irie is in troll mode, but I hope Yuki wins in the end, like Sanada. I'm worried about Tezuka, but that vice captain must be really good if he is able to keep with TnK when Tezuka uses it.

I wonder what will happen with Fuji. Looking foward to chapter 3, this looks great.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; May 04, 2012 at 12:09 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I don't think many people underestimate Kirihara. I think you're overestimating him by far. That, and I think National Shiraishi is on the same level as National Tachibana.
    Nationals Shiraishi and Nationals Tachibana are definitely not on the same level.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Everybody will have their different opinions about who is better than who. I am basing everything I do on patterns Konomi has done in the past, and the heart Konomi has for each character. My decisions are based on what I believe Konomi WOULD do, not necessarily what would currently make sense to us. Is Kintarou better than Kirihara currently? most likely. Would Konomi allow Kintarou to 6-0 someone like Kirihara when he already got crushed by Renji and probably evolved? very doubtful. Like I said, PoT1 had Kirihara and Fuji evolving past each other like no ones business. They were always evolving at the same rate. Every time you saw them, they got some new ability. If Fuji evolves, Kirihara will too. If Kirihara evolves, Fuji will too. That's the way Konomi has always done it. I do not believe Fuji is now expanses above Kirihara, when in Kantou it could be argued that Fuji was actually WORSE. I know Fuji is popular and a main character and everything, but I wouldn't rule out Kirihara as fodder just because of Renji.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Nationals Shiraishi and Nationals Tachibana are definitely not on the same level.
    Please explain. Shiraishi is stronger than 5th counter Fuji. He also embarass Fuji either the same way or a lot worse than Tachibana did. I don't see how a player on that level got stated to "definitely" be not on same level. I'm debating score should be 2-2. But if you want to suggest another way entirely, please show utterly dominating proof of Tachibana supperiority to back it up.

Otherwise, it's debatable. And I think debatable certainly doesn't mean definitely.

I think Tachibana might beat Shiraishi 6-4 or something like that. Far from 2-0 right now.
    Last edited by -Ken-; May 04, 2012 at 02:10 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Duplicity's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Fayte, Kintarou will never loose to Kirihara on the basis that he is Ryoma's rival, making him loose to anyone other than people close to or better than Ryoma's skill level would inturn make Ryoma look weaker and also destroy the rivalry (the whore point of his characters creation). So no i can 100 % assure that unless Konomi is on lsd this will never happen. Kihara is like Piccolo/Neji etc he served his story's purpose hes still strong but he will never be a top SS tier player, his character was never created for it. Sorry i actually like the guy to but you cant wank his tier and still claim to be faithfull to the series

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is my updated concept art of

Aisoku Seda:
    Spoiler show

Tetsuma Jougen:
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    Fayte, Kintarou will never loose to Kirihara on the basis that he is Ryoma's rival, making him loose to anyone other than people close to or better than Ryoma's skill level would inturn make Ryoma look weaker and also destroy the rivalry (the whore point of his characters creation). So no i can 100 % assure that unless Konomi is on lsd this will never happen. Kihara is like Piccolo/Neji etc he served his story's purpose hes still strong but he will never be a top SS tier player, his character was never created for it. Sorry i actually like the guy to but you cant wank his tier and still claim to be faithfull to the series
    Trust me, I know what I'm doing.
    Last edited by Fayte; May 04, 2012 at 02:50 PM.

Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Everybody will have their different opinions about who is better than who. I am basing everything I do on patterns Konomi has done in the past, and the heart Konomi has for each character.
    Well if this is the case you may want to rework Ryoga's speech in chapter one. I'm sure most would agree that his characters traits when created were that of a narcissistic lone ranger outlaw that would never talk in such a humble manner to anyone even if they were stronger at the present time. Eg hes seen keeping this never back down cocky attitude against Byoudouin's shot to Ryoma's face.

Please don't take the Crits the wrong way I'm really enjoying your version, just pointing out some things that Konomi would probably keep in mind in my opinion.

Well if you could enlighten me on why Konomi would do that i would accept if its plausible otherwise you might want to rename to "Kirihara's Prince of Tennis"
    Last edited by Duplicity; May 04, 2012 at 02:58 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duplicity View Post
    Well if this is the case you may want to rework Ryoga's speech in chapter one. I'm sure most would agree that his characters traits when created were that of a narcissistic lone ranger outlaw that would never talk in such a humble manner to anyone even if they were stronger at the present time. Eg hes seen keeping this never back down cocky attitude against Byoudouin's shot to Ryoma's face.

Please don't take the Crits the wrong way I'm really enjoying your version, just pointing out some things that Konomi would probably keep in mind in my opinion
    If you noticed, the second Ryoga interacted with team Japan, he made a sarcastic comment. His personality is still the same, he just respects Seda on multiple levels. For one (without trying to give anything away), "ridiculous" is an understatement to how strong Seda is. Not only that, he is very humble. There are more reasons that will be in the actual story so I can't say any more.

Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

You seem to choose to fail to address some issues,

ill Simplify,

-Konomi would not change Ryogas personality to such a degree and then suddenly back again he is not bipolar to our knowledge. I dont think the majority of the people find it believable that Ryoga would speak in such a humble way regardless of their strength it is not in his character traits he is quite narcissistic.

-Please enlighten us on your reasoning for the Kirihara vs Kintarou match result. If Kintarou is to loose you are not following the heart of Konomi or rather the unwritten rules of shounen as if you look at the purpose of Kintarous character creation and the reasoning behind it you would understand he cannot loose to Kirihara unless he is going to become a top SS tier player again, which we can confidently say he wont due to Konomi using common shounen manga writing techniques. The fact that you don't address these issues with an plausible explanation makes me trust you less not more
    Last edited by Duplicity; May 04, 2012 at 03:27 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You seem to choose to fail to address some issues,

ill Simplify,

-Konomi would not change Ryogas personality to such a degree and then suddenly back again he is not bipolar to our knowledge. I dont think the majority of the people find it believable that Ryoga would speak in such a humble way regardless of their strength it is not in his character traits he is quite narcissistic.
    Does a child act differently around his dad than his friends? Does that make them bipolar? It's called reverence.

Quote Quote:
    -Please enlighten us on your reasoning for the Kirihara vs Kintarou match result. If Kintarou is to loose you are not following the heart of Konomi or rather the unwritten rules of shounen as if you look at the purpose of Kintarous character creation and the reasoning behind it you would understand he cannot loose to Kirihara unless he is going to become a top SS tier player again, which we can confidently say he wont due to Konomi using common shounen manga writing techniques. The fact that you don't address these issues with an plausible explanation makes me trust you less not more. Show us some faith
    Kirihara gained 2 games, so don't write off someone winning when nothing has happened yet.

Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

-Hence the "If Kintarou is too loose" emphasis on the word if, and to be honest you have given us the feeling that Kirihara will win as you clearly seem to be fanboying

- I don't belive that Konomi would make Ryoga act differently around Nanjirou? Strong willed people that are cocky generally are like that.

weak explanation sorry.

I feel you need to learn more about Konomi's portrayal of the characters and their roles and traits before saying you following his heart and ideals
    Last edited by Duplicity; May 04, 2012 at 03:37 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

-Hence the "If Kintarou is too loose" emphasis on the word if, and to be honest you have given us the feeling that Kirihara will win as you clearly seem to be fanboying
    You can have your own opinion, and I'm still going to do what I think is best. Kirihara isn't even one of my favorite characters, so fanboying is out of the question.

Quote Quote:
    - I don't belive that Konomi would make Ryoga act differently around Nanjirou? Strong willed people that are cocky generally are like that.

weak explanation sorry.

I feel you need to learn more about Konomi's portrayal of the characters and their roles and traits before saying you following his heart and ideals
    Just because "you don't believe" something doesn't mean you're right. To say arrogant people will always be arrogant in every context and every situation around every person is just being oblivious to life. Nobody that actually exists is like that. Arrogant people will always find someone they respect, and they will act differently around them. Your interpretation of Ryoga's character is not a manga issue, it is a social observation issue. Like I said, you're entitled to your opinion, but don't get upset if I disagree with you. After all, opinions are subjective.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Edit: Chapter 3 is here

Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Goodluck with your story bro hope you dont destroy to many characters in the process while boldly claiming to follow the heart of Konomi. Your understanding about shounen character creation is severely lacking but i suppose thats why your writing fan fictions and not actual manga. Peace all the best for your stroy

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hope you dont destroy to many characters in the process while boldly claiming to follow the heart of Konomi. Your understanding about shounen character creation is severely lacking but i suppose thats why your writing fan fictions and not actual manga.
    I created my own characters, techniques, character designs, and story. What have you done? You apparently know everything so why aren't you writing manga? Maybe it's because you don't know everything. So instead of attacking me when you have no authority on ANY of these issues, why don't you keep your deconstructive thoughts to yourself. Maybe after a while of you doing this, you'll be able to just read something like this and enjoy a different perspective.

Also, you've seemed to write off my story already like you know what's going to happen or has happened. There are a lot of things I PURPOSELY misled the reader to believe. That is a writing technique that some people don't understand, which is why I've been able to predict more correct things about PoT than anybody on this forum. If you're going to make critiques like that, you should wait until the story is done first.
    Last edited by Fayte; May 05, 2012 at 08:52 AM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast