Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 by cnet128 , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: Legend Of The Black Lions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Legend Of The Black Lions

Time for a little fun with extras.

Spoiler: Chapter Special 1: "The Aftermath" show

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

I've decided to give Tetsuma a scar going down one of his eyes, and when he is in Pinnacle of Destruction mode, that eye turns red like Aisoku's. I may also make him a little bit sadistic when he is in that mode, kinda like Sanada's signature "Invade like fire" grin. I think this makes Tetsuma a bit more interesting and badass.
    Last edited by Fayte; August 01, 2012 at 10:31 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you were gonna keep up the "Everytime Brandnewkid updates his fanfic, I'll update my own!" routine then you really shouldn't have ended the story, lol.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    If you were gonna keep up the "Everytime Brandnewkid updates his fanfic, I'll update my own!" routine then you really shouldn't have ended the story, lol.
    It's all about you, isn't it? Ironically, you're desperately trying to make me out to be you by playing the hypocrite and accusing me of doing the very things you yourself do. I mean "first time" obviously means "routine," come on guise, that's no logic fail. I must have forgot I was the one who made my thread because of you, updating my posts to compete with your thread, and spamming F5 to raise my views so it looks like my thread is just as successful. But hey, at least I don't have an inferiority complex.
    Last edited by Fayte; August 01, 2012 at 12:09 AM.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    It's all about you, isn't it? Ironically, you're desperately trying to make me out to be you by playing the hypocrite and accusing me of doing the very things you yourself do. I mean "first time" obviously means "routine," come on guise, that's no logic fail. I must have forgot I was the one who made my thread because of you, updating my posts to compete with your thread, and spamming F5 to raise my views so it looks like my thread is just as successful. But hey, at least I don't have an inferiority complex.
    But ... I was just kidding around, and I don't do any of those things that you're accusing me of :/. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't care about "views." I just care about my story, lol. I'm too confident enough in the quality of my stuff to be worried about views, lol.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Stop bickering you two.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Chapter Special 2: The Offer show

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaoz might murder me for reviving such an old thread, but well u.u ...

I had actually read a bit of this before, and just now I decided to finish it... Why? I have no idea, I actually find msot fanfics lame, but I want some PoT and I remembered that this was around. Read also some comments, it was hilarious to read things like "Oni has shown all his potential already" or...

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Konomi's feats may be impossible, but he still manages to keep everything within the rulebook of Japanese school tennis ... Or at least finds loopholes in the rules.
    So much has changed since then, lmao

I think Fayte logs in barely lately, but still I'd like to remark that it was really enjoyable (the results of the maches were kinda obvious though, knowing your fav characters lol)

Makoto: "Do you know this guy?.."
    Tezuka: "Yes...we've played one another before."
    Makoto: "Did you win?"
    Tezuka: "No."
    Makoto: "Geez...who did you win against?.."
    Everyone turns to see Atobe come out of nowhere
    I literally laughed with these two, something that NPoT can't do (I think that I had my last laughs in "Prince of Pillowfighs")

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Saishi and Raizan. Loved the Wolves of Kyoto thing. Great pair aswell.
    Even better as Konomi has confusingly not got a single player in the series from the prominent city of Kyoto in the series.

They add to the story better than Konomi since Japan is a big place. There is more to the nation than the Kanto Region and Osaka while Konomi shows otherwise by JUST having players from Kanto and Shitenhouji.

Best partnership probably too. Their personalities seemed so real aswell.
    Those were definetly my fav characters. Saishi is one of those likeable jerks (I didn't expect the "your momma" jokes though, lmao) and Raizan was just cool. Their interactions while playing were hilarious, their abilities were awesome and... "Wolves of Kyoto"? With that name any pair would be great, even be a "Sakata - Gakuto"", lol.

Kaoz really, don't murder me
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    I think Fayte logs in barely lately, but still I'd like to remark that it was really enjoyable
    Thanks. If you know someone who would be willing to draw it up, be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy
    I literally laughed with these two, something that NPoT can't do
    I think part of the problem is Konomi isn't funny or witty lol. That matters tremendously.

All of the Black Lions are just reflections of me. Saishi represents my comedic side, Raizan represents my laid-back side, Makoto represents a sort of cynical side, etc. I loved writing the Saishi/Raizan matches because I didn't take anything seriously at all, which is really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy
    Those were definetly my fav characters. Saishi is one of those likeable jerks (I didn't expect the "your momma" jokes though, lmao) and Raizan was just cool. Their interactions while playing were hilarious, their abilities were awesome and... "Wolves of Kyoto"? With that name any pair would be great, even be a "Sakata - Gakuto"", lol.
    I wanted people to just laugh at Saishi as kind of a "lol, he's an idiot." But at the same time, acknowledge he is actually very talented and smart, and the comedy is just a front. The Wolves of Kyoto are an ode to Rurouni Kenshin, calling the Shinsengumi the, "Wolves of Mibu." Kyoto-such a popular city-gets no attention in PoT, so I used it.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I think part of the problem is Konomi isn't funny or witty lol. That matters tremendously.
    I think Konomi can be. He just has to try harder than other authors when he wants to.
    I found Prince of BBQ hilarious.
    Things like Kawamura needing the racket to change persona is funny and a quite a lot of other examples

New Reply
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20