Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7 (Top 5 in Claymore)

1 2.50%
  • 6 (Epic)

2 5.00%
  • 5 (Great)

12 30.00%
  • 4 (Good)

15 37.50%
  • 3 (Average)

8 20.00%
  • 2 (Bad)

1 2.50%
  • 1 (Awful)

1 2.50%
New Reply
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 127 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 127 Spoiler thread

Very very good....definitely a good color choice for Cassie =3.

Her boobs are not weird, they are just small B-cups like over 2/3 of every woman in Claymore - I guess what's weird, is that they still stayed the same even in her giant form .

The chapter should definitely honestly be out anytime now....I have a feeling we won't get an accurate spoiler out in time, and we'll just get the chapter...we may even get it tomorrow.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Claymore 127 Spoiler thread

with cassandra on the cover...she probably is going to get into something.gives me vibes of the ophelia arc...like cassandra is going to be a link to something(event/info/fight...concerning either teresa or rafaela/luciella).
    so,i would assume she is going to be quite important to be on the cover...to just not be seen again after walking away in the sunset(lol),
    Last edited by gnut; May 29, 2012 at 08:01 PM.
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

good color for the cover and character... horrible art beyond that though. The line art doesnt even look like that of a womans body, did he fear nudity on the cover or something preventing people from displaying it so he made it look like a block between two lumps with weird heads in the background and blured out the real body part too just to be safe... *sigh

I sadly dont see the point in Cassandra's character anymore though... the only other AB Priscilla will pawn her ass and she failed to eat the warriors when she had the choice/chance, fatal mistake in all likelihood. Hopefully Yagi surprises me though... it's just the only point of her characyer too now was revenge against Roxanne and now she is dead, so what now? Roxanne on the other hand could have hunted down people to steal powers or just be vidictive but we couldn't have any goodguys die now could we? Sorry I just see this like last volume when we got Anastasia when all she did was prtend to fly, lose some hair and then get her ass kicked.

Yagi please make next arc like it was back in the day... a tradegy and struggle to survive, not this nakama power of friendship crap that it is becoming.

PS sorry for the rant... had to say something beyond Im disappointed.
    Last edited by Ryus; May 29, 2012 at 09:58 PM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryus, when was Claymore not about nakama power of friendship? That started in the Cathedral arc and has kept on rolling ever since. I mean, Raki's "I'll die with you" saving Claire from awakening or young Claire's "do the scars still hurt?" humanizing Teresa. It definitely got worse/stronger once Miria, Helen, and Deneve came into the picture.

I love Claymore, but the annoying "friendship is magic" is just a sad aspect of shounen series. It was always there and it probably will not be going anywhere for Shouen series in general.

That being said, this needs more Priscilla. She is the Batman that fights against friendship is magic, which makes her the greater good in the manga. She is hated by all, but she takes our scorn because she can take it, that dark knight...against friendship.
    Last edited by Nixl; May 29, 2012 at 10:13 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

.....You know Nixl, that's three times you said "friendship is magic"...

if I didn't know any better, I'd say you are getting into My Little Pony these days
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I get what you are saying Nixl and largely agree... however these last two arcs have taken it to an extreme. I dont mind nakama power of friendship stuff in series that uses it as it's theme (hell I love Fairy Tail so that is proof I dont mind Nakama crap) or in series that have warrior bonding moments, but Claymore is gone from having a Nakama undertone to it being the main theme and that transition I feel is the wrong way to go because in this series people payied for mistakes with there lives but now they just defeat logic with the power of friendship, in a sense it defeats everything Yagi previous wrote and set up plot wise (not completely true but enough for some to go wtf). The Desyroyer arc wasnt that too bad over all with Nakama, in fact I found Yuma and Cynthias roles amazing (sad yet nakama pulls through in the end due to a new friend) and it kinda lessened the blow of Deneve and Helen again surviving a being beyond what they could even imagine. However this arc with all those warriors suposedly dying but now being ok, even the useless ones like Audrey and Rachel who have no fans either pulling through is just pushing it beyond all disbelief. I mean at least bury one or two nameless warriors or else we'll have a plot inconsistancy.
    Last edited by Ryus; May 29, 2012 at 11:10 PM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We all hear you Ryus - it truly can't be coincidental that one single person hasn't died in, sheesh, who knows how long...we've had close calls, like with Anastasia, or people like Raftela who "came back"....

If anything, those teases are even worse because, as I mentioned one time in the past, it made me think of serious anime I used to watch way back in the day that, overtime started to become less dark and more ridiculous/conventional....because everytime it looked like something serious was going on or somebody died, I knew something was gonna happen that would reveal that something went on behind-the-scenes that would bring this person back to life.

Maybe once and twice is enough, but after awhile, again and again...the whole thing starts to look ridiculous and you can't take anybody's "death" seriously anymore; because all we have to do is wait and, eventually, some explanation will pop up to reveal this person was alive all along....this is especially annoying when said-character pops up out of nowhere to save the day, especially if it's been a long time since we thought they died.

The dread and fear of death is the absolute last thing Claymore can afford to lose....in a way, we already know that a person isn't truly dead until we see their body, but at the same time, we trust Yagi enough that, when Irene or somebody has a final emotional moment...we know that's it for them, and we can recognize that they are dead and won't secretly pop back up and reveal they were alive all along when it's most convenient.

Yes, we've had things now and again that broke that, but I don't think it's gone too far so far....and we can only hope it will remain that way. It is a shame that all sorts of conventional things, like the lack of deaths, or worse, that the characters are saved from doing "dark" things so they can stay nice, moral and preachy (as Cyclone said).....again, all we can hope is that the dread and darkness of Claymore doesn't completely disappear; it's already lessened enough as it is.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe that the spoiler where Rubel cuts off Raftela's head has any chance of amounting to anything. Rubel operating in the open where everyone can see? The man operates behind the scenes, in the shadows. He influences, suggests and manipulates. Rubel would never personally get his hands dirty. While some of the Ghosts may know him for who he is, he still doesn't want to disclose this to the remaining members of the Organization. Spies that do not use discretion don't last long.

Also, in regards to the "friendship theme" we always knew that this drove Miria's actions. Why did she begin her quest for vengeance? The lost of her close friends made her realize that the Organization didn't have any regard for the lives of its warriors. After the Northern Campaign, she could never overcome the annihilation of the task force she led. Miria's soft heart has always been the pillar of her character but also the weakness in her tactical decisions.

As Yagi refocuses on Clare, we're likely to see a change in Claymore's theme. I can't envision why Yagi wouldn't change Claymore's undertones to something more personal that focuses on the rage that dwells within Clare and within Priscilla as well. I share many of the other members' concern with the Manga. It's become a bit mundane as of late without much substance. I'm not sure I would call for more death but if one were to occur, it should have a meaningful impact on the Manga. Teresa's death defined Clares actions in the story. Irene died for Clare (I viewed this as atonement for the part she played in Teresa's death). Jean's death again reinforced Clare's tragic existence. Where Clare goes, tragedy follows. That's the type of impact that the story has lacked, as of late.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner v1nx's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if anything new:

Spoiler show

Spoiler: google show

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Glance the face match was Tabitha and Galatea jump up from bed, to the side
    Tabitha "was, the magic energy of Captain ... Captain of Miria ..."
    .....Tabitha and Galatea....jump up from bed....and Tabitha felt "the magic of her Captain"....

This all sounds very naughty XDXD

Not bad...doesn't beat other ones I heard - something about a whale, and another about Roxanne being a prostitute

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner v1nx's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, I remember posting laughing prostitute spoiler on animesuki...
    ... and the fact it was true :'D

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryus, you made me remember this:
    Spoiler show

But the difference is that Rimuto is a human and even the Yoma, he survived for less than 10 seconds, so for Rimuto the chances are below ZERO!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

thx for spoiler @ v1nx and thx @ Shieky for goin for the innuendo

I rly wouldn't mind a switch to Rabona at this point, Galatea-sama has been absent from the panels waaaaay too long. Even more, it would actually make sense at this point to switch there, re-experience the massive yoki outbursts of the fight from Rabona perspective, and maybe have something on the Blob or even Dae already arriving there - or at developing the Rabona characters a bit so that by the time Dae arrives we're up to speed on the other characters ...

think Gala and the others trying to make sense of what they sense and pondering how to react would make for a nice scene as long as it doesn't get dragged out too long...

also wonder, Gala should sense Cassy's approach if she's headed there? More interesting, could Gala sense the weirdness of the Prissy yoki the 3 #1s gave off? Like will there be a slight warning that whatever is coming might stirr up the blob?

edit3: oh and thinking about it I want an official appology by the editors to the fans for that "end blunder" XD
    Last edited by haegar; May 30, 2012 at 03:01 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    also wonder, Gala should sense Cassy's approach if she's headed there? More interesting, could Gala sense the weirdness of the Prissy yoki the 3 #1s gave off? Like will there be a slight warning that whatever is coming might stirr up the blob?
    She must've been watching all the time from Robona because as we have seen she was able to sense Isley's and Lucilla's yoki when she was in east and again when Isley fought the AFs, so a Yoki which exceeds the previous AOs would something easily sensed by her not to mention that Cassandra is probably heading toward her which by time it will be even easier to read even readable for Miata or Clarice.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I expressed myself a bit poorly there, gomen

I agree, she should easily be able to sense the magnitude of all those yoki releases, what I meant was "could she sense from Rabona, that the same yoki of Prissy that is mingled with Clare in the Blob, suddenly ALSO went active in the 3 rezzed #1's in headquarters" - and what would she make of such a discovery? Might Prissy herself stirr inside due to part of her yoki being activated elswhere... Cause that would not only give her a headsup that whatever Miria and the others were up against was seriously strong, but also that it's partially connected to Prissy/blob ...

New Reply
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast