Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7 (Top 5 in Claymore)

1 2.50%
  • 6 (Epic)

2 5.00%
  • 5 (Great)

12 30.00%
  • 4 (Good)

15 37.50%
  • 3 (Average)

8 20.00%
  • 2 (Bad)

1 2.50%
  • 1 (Awful)

1 2.50%
New Reply
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62

Thread: Claymore 127 Discussion

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Friday's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 127 Discussion / 128 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsmile View Post
    I doubt that there is one member here that doesn't like Yuma.
    If you do not like Yuma as much as I do......
    kindly please keep it to yourself

I had a dream.....

We see Cassandra still making her way to Rabona...
    Galatea senses her coming but predicts that AO will pass by without incident and she senses that the Ghost are coming by sea.....
    on board the boat also with them are Dietrich, Anastasia and Rafutela all discussing how to handle Cassandra when they arrive....

then my dream fades away......

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^love that sig,

————————

I'll keep this kinda short.

No soldier out lives a thousand chances, yet this last arc alone was the perfect accident that saved everyone and it's not the first time it happened. The tension of the series is currently on hiatus. Does even Priscilla scare anyone at this point? Yagi could have easily killed off one minor character and used it to build up a new loveable weaker cast member like Yuma. I'm not even really asking for a large death, since in one sense the main cast is very strong, trained, and has great teamwork. I'm just asking for a reminder of what the ghosts are fighting for, saving people and warriors from the horror of these monsters and men. But to achieve it everytime makes the struggle to do so not seem like one. No plan is perfect, yet the ghosts are batting a 1000.

Worse we where told there was death with the wording 'fatally late' when the ZAOs showed up, yet now we learn that was hyperbolie (and after the perfect defence of the holy city too boot from MiB reprisal). Looking back at it with where Yagi seems to be heading a major death is likely premature (there is only 3 active major characters atm and 2 potentals of becoming one) but he could at least set up the replacement (or replacement of the replacement) and there emotional reason to be fighting for such a lofty ideal... due to losing someone and wanting to spare others that pain/revenge. It's a universal theme it wouldnt really get old if handled slightly differently percharacter.

Look I love this series but lately it's lost its edge... up until Agatha the background characters died. Yet now even they are immune to the odds. I'm not asking for anything grand or huge numbers... just not perfection everytime. Going from Pieta to This is kinda pushing it, I get it... they're stronger but they can't be everywhere at once. Yuma and Cynthia are around to reduce the death toll and thats fine but just how the bleep did they get to everyone before they died... and howcome the ZAOs being as strong as they are haven't cut at least one warrior in half. Sparing the warriors is Miria's technique not theirs...

I love so many characters in this series because they died. Clare, Yuma, and Cynthia are the only ones I love because they're alive. Plus I really like Miria since she kicks ass, though she's been kinda disappointing of late... she's very much a Mary Stue atm, at least in ch 127... she was just too bloody perfect for her own good with no real reasoning behind it... she didnt even show a sign of hating what Raftela did by forcing that vision upon her even if she forgave her personally for why she did it and thanking her for not revealing that she'd been spared by the warrior. There just should have been some reaction there beyond what she said, plus what happened to her face as a result... I know no human who wouldn't feel at least some regret/anger over that even if it's just internal.
    Last edited by Ryus; June 28, 2012 at 08:41 AM.

3. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore manga is similar to the animation productions being released in this days: 100% Graphics, 0% Story, 0% Interest
    I don't read the chapters anymore, I wait for the volume to come out, then I buy it, more pages = higher probability that at least one is interesting.

That way I set my odds higher and don't support illegal manga scans.

Last edited by ClaFanN1; June 28, 2012 at 11:52 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Amidst all this chatter, a simple question, when has Yagi ever
    in his plot drawn an abyssal or awakened being ever constantly
    staying in awakened form? As much twisting he puts into the
    plot it could happen, but we have seen Riful, and Isley only go
    into awakened form for short periods. It's as if it weakens them.

Therefore, why is everyone expecting Cassandra to arrive at
    Rabona in awakened form? True she may change back into it
    on arriving like Rigaldo at Pieta, but for most of her journey she
    would probably revert into a human appearance, as did Priscilla
    after leaving the scene of the fight with Teresa, Ilena, Noel,
    and Sophia. There is a lot of potential plot development
    between the former headquarters and Rabona.

Again since Yagi generally does not invest a lot of ink and space
    on a creature he is not going to use for a while, a meeting of
    Cassandra and a diminished form of Riful, and later Cynthia who
    resembles her friend 35 may be down the road.

About killing off characters, it will not tighten up the story line.
    It may make it more realistic and gripping but will not make it a
    better manga.

Elsewhere I have said the story lost its grip after chapter 112,
    which is after the Ghosts rescue Anastaia's team. Not that
    there were not plot holes already. A further development of
    why Priscilla cried while remotely sensing the last stages of the
    Pieta battle, or why her personality changed from protective to
    dismissive reguarding Raki. Personally, I think the Destroyer's
    rods affected her, but Yagi could have laid us some pipe. Also
    why wasn't Raki taken over by the rods BEFORE Priscilla as an
    after thought donated an arm to him.

Back on track, the writer shifted from a single heroine centered
    arc up to Pieta, to a a group or team arc giving more time to
    the Ghosts other than Clare. After he ditched both Miria and
    Clare, the two antisocial loners, he appeared to tighten it
    up into the tale of a group journey when they left Rabona.
    Then suddenly after 112 he abandons this group of characters
    almost completely for nine months, which was disconcerting.
    He gave major blocks of talk time to undeveloped characters,
    Rafutela, and the unknown claymore whose thoughts we see in
    the crowd before Miria reappears. Miria, who returns without an
    explanation of how, when she was in pieces she was able to
    win over the other claymores. It was just disconcerting and too
    loosely written to hold its readers well.

About killing characters off, it is interesting to see the level of
    hostility to Raki has diminished too such an extent none of you
    have included him in the candidates for departure. Yagi has used
    this member of the cast twice, to bring out the character of the
    leading protagonist and antagonist and also as a contrasting foil
    with obtuse but powerful warriors and then dropped him out of
    the story. Raki's past with both Clare and Priscilla sets the stage for
    conflict that may well kill him. Besides knowledge of his relationship
    with Priscilla by the other Ghosts could lead to a freezing expulsion.
    Last edited by Old Rick; June 29, 2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: format stabilization and small cleanups

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^The ABs marching south (the East/West after Pieta did so in AB form). So clearly they where either really cocky/stupid or this theory is wrong... could be either.

Disagree about not killing characters not making the manga better. Yagi's death scenes have always been amazing and too top it off, as I previously mentioned the tension/suspense the reader feels these days is gone due to lack of belief in Yagi for having anyone other than the ghosts win. Back when Helen and Deneve fought Isley I feared for them not making it to the next chapter and same in the Destroyer arc till maybe the very end of it but now I was rolling my eyes wounding how they'd escape unharmed again when fighting Hysteria. Look back in the readers mind they'll likely always believe the good guys will win the war but in series with death (even a little if done right) they can worry for the characters since not all are going to making it through in all likelihood. What was it Ophelia said "Make a mistake at the end... and it ruins the show" I'll admit it's not the end of the act quite yet but it's getting there, the next arc or two is likely it for this plot line... the mainland is next if anything.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Claymore 127 Discussion / 128 Predictions

during pieta...deneve or helen should have died along with yuma,cynthia and tabitha.because between helen and deneve...that would have been a more driven reason to revolt instead of just believing miria's theory of a plot.all the claymores should have died in pieta(except miria,clare and helen/deneve)this would have made miria's revolt even more meaningful(if she lost everyone).
    don't get me wrong...yuma and tabitha are alright...they just weren't necessary...because i think the three avengers would be better story wise instead of this DBZ-team of fighters.

i agree with you Ryus...the whole mood changed after the time skip...and the addition of so many different aspects of the claymore world.

for one...if there has always been a number10...why wasn't teresa extermination team using that generation's #10?
    i mean teresa was #1 and they knew how strong she was but miria is alone fighting like 30 warriors...and they use the #10 warrior(doesn't make sense...asspull).
    i'm sorry...but that whole event felt like bullshit...
    like it was a spur of the moment idea...with no mention of this but obviously it would have to been known by the warriors.hell,miria knew the symbols of 1-5...i'm sure warriors 9 and 11 have always questioned(if not knew)who number 10 warrior was...
    even though raftela was in on the revolt...the whole idea of the #10 seemed like an asspull...

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally forgot about the whole #10 wasn't used on Teresa argument... though a kinda counter to it was posted by Yagi saying they never leave the HQ, so we'd have to assume Teresa and Clare where just too far away from org HQ to send her out after her.

Tabitha defiantly wasn't necessary, Yuma I don't know she does kinda signify how far Clare has come... but Clarice served that purpose too (then again she disappeared from the plot a while ago, likely about to come back)
    Last edited by Ryus; June 30, 2012 at 06:10 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Claymore 127 Discussion / 128 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
    I totally forgot about the whole #10 wasn't used on Teresa argument... though a kinda counter to it was posted by Yagi saying they never leave the HQ, so we'd have to assume Teresa and Clare where just too far away from org HQ to send her out after her.

Tabitha defiantly wasn't necessary, Yuma I don't know she does kinda signify how far Clare has come... but Clarice served that purpose too (then again she disappeared from the plot a while ago, likely about to come back)
    if there is truely the jump in power from a #2 to a #1...then teresa was the individual you would have to break this argument for.miria was a #6 and they used her(#10)...at the org. base but why after so many fell to miria.if this was planned by miria and the warriors(#10 included)...it worked to perfect(asspull...fart).
    but as far as teresa...she was rouge wandering around openly...she took out her execution squad...then the sent an extermination squad...this had to be embarrassing to the org.why not send out your sure fire win...this is pre-alicia/beth...so the threat of teresa had to be greater than miria...
    yagi can say what he wants...it's his story...but i think this would have came up when miria was talking about the #1-5...because surely she would have mentioned the org.'s bodyguard if this was a fact...i mean miria would have to have known about her back then.it's not like she just planned the revolt with the other warriors since the ghost left the north...the recent chap. hints at the fact that her and raftela had some knowledge of eachother...
    Last edited by gnut; June 30, 2012 at 06:31 PM.

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@gnut
    About that [#10 not being sent after Teresa], Teresa was basically an eye and I doubt she could fall as easily as Miria did considering her unique skill. Maybe the risk of losing her was too great so they decided to send the strongest warriors instead. And let's not forget that MiB were sure that #2-4 could handle Teresa without much problems so sending #10 with her would be an overkill (not to mention that they would reveal her existence and abilities to other Claymores which might also be marked for death).

There's also a possibility (like 0.1% or less) that #10 was among the first death squad ;P. Or that #10 in Teresa's generation was only being developed due to Hysteria's massacre or her training didn't even start then. Or there was #10 in Teresa's generation due to lack of fitting candidates. As for questioning who #10 was, I don't see how that would change anything. If Claymores would become too curious they would be killed and that's it. And even if they saw her she would look exactly like every other Claymore and MiB could lie that she's a backup eye or something.

In other words, IMO this isn't the best example of an asspull.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    @gnut
    About that [#10 not being sent after Teresa], Teresa was basically an eye and I doubt she could fall as easily as Miria did considering her unique skill. Maybe the risk of losing her was too great so they decided to send the strongest warriors instead. And let's not forget that MiB were sure that #2-4 could handle Teresa without much problems so sending #10 with her would be an overkill (not to mention that they would reveal her existence and abilities to other Claymores which might also be marked for death).

There's also a possibility (like 0.1% or less) that #10 was among the first death squad ;P. Or that #10 in Teresa's generation was only being developed due to Hysteria's massacre or her training didn't even start then. Or there was #10 in Teresa's generation due to lack of fitting candidates. As for questioning who #10 was, I don't see how that would change anything. If Claymores would become too curious they would be killed and that's it. And even if they saw her she would look exactly like every other Claymore and MiB could lie that she's a backup eye or something.

In other words, IMO this isn't the best example of an asspull.
    plain and simple the reason they did not send #10 is because she never leaves HQ like you said. and also like you said....they want to keep the number 10's ability's secret....so that if anyone rebels they dont know how to counter it.
    on top of that the Org did not have an accurate depiction of Teresas power....so they thought numbers 2,3,4 and the canadaite for number 1 would be enough.... judging from how Irene was talking it seems that her and the MiB thought prissy would be enough.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

New Reply
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62