Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Flaws and plot holes in Bleach :gwah

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Flaws and plot holes in Bleach :gwah

After a lot of time thinking about it, I have decided to create a tread where we can point all plot holes in Bleach. I don’t really expect this to be a hate tread, but a space to debate some flaws that this opus has.

The first plot whole that I would like to point is the end of the Winter War. For me, doesn’t make any sense Aizen and Tosen turned in vaizards and Gin not. Ok, he was somewhat an spy, but for someone who went so long to cheat Aizen wouldn’t do it.

Make that gorilla (Yami) be the strongest Espada was very dishonest with Bleach’s fans, and even worse: we haven’t seen the fight! We expected that the stronger the Espada, more closely he/she was from the Vasto Lord rank, and Yami wasn’t even close of how Kubo described them…

Well, I’ll finish this inaugural post by now, as I wish that the others members point them.
    "If you're a man, do things with a DON."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flaws and plot holes in Bleach :gwah

A lot of dead soul should be at Soul Society, but we haven't seen Inoue's brother there, and while she could have gone there to talk to him directly, she just talk in front of his photo.

And Fullbringer are human, so they should be there, too. All of them. Hell gate did not open for any of them.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah,I want to complain for the espada things too: why yammy all of a sudden? did the others espada not know about that (ulquiorra didn't behave as if yammy was stronger than him). also,I'd like a rank of the espada: Yammy seemed to be the strongest,although I hope he was just lying(or didn't know the truth),but ulquiorra is the only one who awakened the segunda etapa,whereas barragan's power made him invincible,imo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    A lot of dead soul should be at Soul Society, but we haven't seen Inoue's brother there, and while she could have gone there to talk to him directly, she just talk in front of his photo.

And Fullbringer are human, so they should be there, too. All of them. Hell gate did not open for any of them.
    There are 80 districts across the 4 cardinal directions meaning 320 districts in all. Each covers a substantial distance.

Sora lost his memories as all souls do when they get sent to SS by konso. Wouldn't give you a horrible feeling to find a loved one and they really don't know you thanks to memory loss? Finding him would also be a pain in the ass. Not to mention the amount of fan backlash if a chapter was spent on finding Sora just so Orihime can talk to him without plot relevance.

Fullbringers are human is exactly why Hell's gates did not open for them. All we have seen is the one instance with Shrieker who sinned as a human murderer but he was a hollow at the time.

We don't know what happens to humans who are killed by Shinigami's and their Zanpaktou's.

Giriko is really the only one who would go to hell as he killed his wife and most likely Ginjo and Tsukishima. Everyone else in the group is alive.

Quote Quote:
    yeah,I want to complain for the espada things too: why yammy all of a sudden? did the others espada not know about that (ulquiorra didn't behave as if yammy was stronger than him). also,I'd like a rank of the espada: Yammy seemed to be the strongest,although I hope he was just lying(or didn't know the truth),but ulquiorra is the only one who awakened the segunda etapa,whereas barragan's power made him invincible,imo.
    Yammy's power is equivalent to his anger which could technically be infinite as he lost limbs but kept changing forms and replacing limbs the more angry he got over time.

If Ulquiorra was telling the truth then Aizen did not know about segunda etapa and thus was ranked 4th in the espada ranks.

Barragan's power is OP but there is a reason Stark was made #1. Respira is very slow and like any ability it has a fatal weakness. Barragan must activate Respira on the object he wants to corrode with time.

Stark firing 1000s of Ceros from all directions would eventually get through to Barragan.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, I would like to point that for me Aizen is one of the greatest villains in the manga history. His “I already knew it” quotes always amazed me and I had a really difficult times wondering how Ichigo would beat him.
    I don’t know if Kubo will show him in this final saga, and I have very twisted feelings towards this subject, because as I said, I like his character, but Kubo played with him too much to aggregate something with him to the plot.
    We know that he wanted to be a transcendent being, but by the end of his battle with Ichigo it looked like that was something deeper about his reasons that we may never know. Also, we haven’t seen any bankai and his zanpakuto showed to care somehow about him (am I mistake?).
    "If you're a man, do things with a DON."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Young Aizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sakazuki View Post
    First of all, I would like to point that for me Aizen is one of the greatest villains in the manga history. His “I already knew it” quotes always amazed me and I had a really difficult times wondering how Ichigo would beat him.
    I don’t know if Kubo will show him in this final saga, and I have very twisted feelings towards this subject, because as I said, I like his character, but Kubo played with him too much to aggregate something with him to the plot.
    We know that he wanted to be a transcendent being, but by the end of his battle with Ichigo it looked like that was something deeper about his reasons that we may never know. Also, we haven’t seen any bankai and his zanpakuto showed to care somehow about him (am I mistake?).
    I remember there was an interview right before the Deicide chapters where Kubo said that Aizen would suffer a major "setback" Im guessing being imprisoned is his setback... ultimately meaning that he will return to his former glory.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

oh thanks. btw,that upgrade which yammy had when he got angry could be considered a segunda etapa don't you think? it's safe to assume that he showed it as well,being the strongest. kubo should have focused more on that.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The biggest "plot hole" was arbitrary changing hollows from "a tortured spirit that has to be released into heaven" into, well, just another pack of intelligent monsters.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dopeycheese's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Young Aizen View Post
    I remember there was an interview right before the Deicide chapters where Kubo said that Aizen would suffer a major "setback" Im guessing being imprisoned is his setback... ultimately meaning that he will return to his former glory.
    this might end up like a certain manga where the final enemy just brings back every badass from the past to fight their war

btw gin wanted to kill aizen because of what he did to rangiku in the past, but what did aizen exactly do?? and how is rangiku still alive after being experimented by aizen, every test subject he had has been exterminated with no traces. Just didnt make any sense to me

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dopeycheese View Post
    this might end up like a certain manga where the final enemy just brings back every badass from the past to fight their war

btw gin wanted to kill aizen because of what he did to rangiku in the past, but what did aizen exactly do?? and how is rangiku still alive after being experimented by aizen, every test subject he had has been exterminated with no traces. Just didnt make any sense to me
    C'mon, that can't be a plot hole yet. If I'm not wrong, Kubo said (in Repeat & Reboot I believe) that he will give details of that situation involving Matsumoto, or at least her past, that seems it's gonna be significant.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuryuu View Post
    C'mon, that can't be a plot hole yet. If I'm not wrong, Kubo said (in Repeat & Reboot I believe) that he will give details of that situation involving Matsumoto, or at least her past, that seems it's gonna be significant.
    wasn't it that matsumoto was a poor girl,whereas Gin saw aizen and others in a forest (where matsumoto wasn't there)? FUrthermore,gin helped matsumoto when he was already adult,unlike when he saw and allied with aizen,which happened when he was a child.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sakazuki View Post

The first plot whole that I would like to point is the end of the Winter War. For me, doesn’t make any sense Aizen and Tosen turned in vaizards and Gin not. Ok, he was somewhat an spy, but for someone who went so long to cheat Aizen wouldn’t do it.
    Aizen wasn't a vaizard, only Tosen. Aizen transformed into a higher being. It seemed that Tosen just agreed to be part of an experiment, probably under the promise of gaining sight.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    Barragan was tough, but not invincible. It was shown that Soifon attack could reach him when he was sealed away, and it did blow a chunk off of his head, he was just tough enough to roll with it. In fact that only downside to soifon attack was she wasted the first shot and the second was either weaker or should couldn't back it up with a third to finish the job. Now Starkk on the other hand packed a lot of fire power and was able to deliver it swiftly and repetitively. Also, using pieces of his souls as weapons means that the aging time would be massive, hundreds of years looking at the age of other bleach characters.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Power plot holes in Bleach

Hi I am a new member to this forum and bouth to Bleach since I read the manga only half a year ago - since then a question has been bugging me which I hope that the Bleach experts can help me to answer.

When Ichigo and his friends invade soul society Ichigo manages to beat Kuchiki and Kenpachi who even took of his eyebatch

Later Ichigo is unable to beat the Nr4 Espada (without his monster transformation) Yet Kuchiki and Kenpachi manage to beat the Nr 0 Espada.

And in this case Kenpachi didnt even take of his eyebatch.

So how come an Ichigo who defeated these two captains and has gained the holofwication cant beat the Nr 4 Espada (without monster transformation) but these captains can beat the Nr 0 Espada?

Doesnt make any sence to me and looks like a big plot hole.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regret's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Reviewer03. I think the part of the puzzle that you're missing is that growth is not the same between characters and it probably isn't constant for any character throughout the series. From extra volumes in the series it seems that Kenpachi is someone who has a very rapid growth in power over time so it's impossible to say where he stands against his opponent at different points in the series.

I think you also give Yammy far too much credit. He may have been Espanda number 0 but he proved to be pretty brainless until the very end. His strength was pretty pointless to anyone with the know how of avoiding or defending against it. Yammy was the exact musclebound opponent that Kenpachi can simply overpower which not many can do in the same way. Ulquiorra was a far more clever opponent who made use of mind games against an easily provoked Ichigo.

It's not always so simple in shounen that A defeating B who defeated C means A outclasses C. In Bleach it has been shown several times that a person's zanpakuto and fighting style can be child's play for one opponent while being a nightmare for someone else. It's not really a plot hole when strategy makes up for a difference strength.
    Last edited by Regret; September 05, 2012 at 02:36 PM.

O fragments of light, strike down mine enemy!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One plot hole that I hope would be answered someday is how a human/shinigami not apart of the Gotei 13 like Ginjo could acquire such detailed information about Ichigo while having no connection with Soul Society or ever meeting him before. He even knew about how he became a Shinigami the first time. It's easy to understand how an organization like the Vandenreich could have information on him since they have obviously been spying on Soul Society for years and are proficient at it, as well as Aizen since he is the ultimate stalker and keeps an eye on anything that could be a threat or benefit to him.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast