Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Flaws and plot holes in Bleach :gwah

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flaws and plot holes in Bleach :gwah

After re-reading all the FKKT - Deicide chapters, I noticed something Aizen seemingly forgot. After Yamamoto ate WW's Ryuijin Jakka bomb, Aizen said he would kill Yamamoto to ensure the total destruction of SS. But after Yamamoto nails him with the hado, he just completely forgets that part of his plan? Sure, Ichigo immediately interrupts him and Isshin and co. come along after that, but you'd figure he'd remember that part of the plan after he started transforming and actually had enough power to kill Yamamoto easy.

The biggest plotholes seem to be in the same vein; we see defeated characters who never have the death confirmed for the most part and leave their fates open ended. IE Grimmjow (might return), Halibel (returned), Starrk (unlikely). Hell, I'm afraid Byakuya is about to fall into this seeing as how we probably won't get a confirmation of his actual death (remember Rukia being "dead" after defeating Aaroneiro?). Or all the forgotten characters like Ganju (hell after half through the SS arc where he seemed to be a rival for Ichigo he vanishes) and Kuukaku (I think we'll see her again), Kon (well, ok he's not important to the main plot but I love the bastard), and so forth. Yes, I know a manga with so many characters will lose track of them but damn.

EDIT: Oh dear lord how could I forget Kubo tricking us via the 4th wall with Aizen in FKKT? While the captains are teaming up on Aizen we get an introspection from Aizen saying Hitsugaya is impatient and stupid for charging only to realize Shinji's shikai is activated. Only it was all KS and all of it was on dumb ol' Momo. The fact we get his inner thoughts though was a clear indication that this was the real Aizen and we the readers should know that since we can see his thoughts, KS is clearly not active, or at the very least Aizen slipped up and the captains at least got a few good shots in. Instead, we're apparently under KS since we are shown fake thoughts to build up cheap suspense for one week.

While we're at it, Aizen's "superior reiatsu" just completely negating Soi-fon's shikai gets a big wtf? as well.
    Last edited by the6millionbeliman; September 07, 2012 at 02:41 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the nab skills but what does FKKT stand for because I can't come up with anything that won't get censored on prime time television.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    Sorry for the nab skills but what does FKKT stand for because I can't come up with anything that won't get censored on prime time television.
    Fake KaraKura Town?

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

oh cmon these plotholes are actually fair ...you cant have 11 years of story telling with 0 mistakes
    at least aizen didnt say to yama : that zanpakuto you are holding is mine , i gave it to you or it didnt turn out that aizen was kaen shiba (sup tobi , how is it going?)
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Fake KaraKura Town?
    That is probably it, a thank you has been added

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding Yammy, I have a sneaking suspicion that him being Espada 0 was meant to be a hint. Vasto Lordes, who are human sized, are the most powerful and intelligent hollows in existence, so if Yammy, the biggest, stupidest, most inhuman-looking espada was the most powerful, it may have been a hint that none of the Espada bellow him (i.e. all of them) were Vasto Lordes themselves. Of course, I could be totally wrong, but you never know.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Haribel has been confirmed to be a vasto lorde, so it's very likely that Barragan and Stark were vasto lordes too. Dunno about the rest.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a while since I watched that filler episode with Harribel's backstory, so correct me if I'm wrong, but as I remember it, no one actually said outright that she was a VL. I seem to remember Apache saying "is she a VL?", but she never got answered. Again, this is a pretty distant memory from me, so I could well be mistaken. She certainly fit the profile, except her mask didn't look complete, so I'm thinking she was an arrancar already. Same goes for Barragan and Starrk. Then again, there was Ulquiorra's still-masked appearance in the last databook, where he looked exactly like a VL... I dunno, I'm not clinging to the hope that VLs will still appear, it just strikes me as odd that as of yet, no one in the manga actually has come out and just said "I am a Vasto Lorde".

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regret's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if no one in the manga officially said it, the character book that came out after the arc referred to the strength of the best espada as Vasto Lorde level. I think the espada number system simply overshadowed all reference to hollow levels as it was a better way to compare espada members. Aarniero seemed to be the only espada to take any pride in his level. Unless a new hollow character appears I don't think there will ever be anybody to bring up the topic of hollow levels since actions speak louder than titles. The only other possibility I can think of is if a growth in Grimmjow's strength is attributed to him reaching that level if he wasn't already there.
    Last edited by Regret; September 12, 2012 at 12:41 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

vastolord level at their release maybe ... i mean you get a boost in power when you become arrancar , then even more when you release
    perhaps a vl could fight at stark's level while being in his original state

but then again , starkk's strengh at the time he was a hollow was just too much for an adjucha (i mean compare grimjaw's followers with starkk who couldnt even find someone that would live next to him and not die because of his reatsu)
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

OK I'm promise no bashing no matter how much I love Bleach and it's characters but it's weak plot.

Major major Bleach plot which hurt the plot was Hitsugaya's speech about the different class of Menos. Vasto Lorde are stronger than Captains!! Kubo never stated Which Arrancars were VL to us Fans knowledge we simply label 1-4 VL...And This statement obviously wasn't true and it was said very seriously..=(

Arrancar listing. So #1-10 #1 should be the leader and the strongest while #10 the weakest. This list was wacky and tacky #10 released and showed he can gain more and more power form getting angrier which is why he was #0. However he was easily dispatched by Kenpachi who wasn't using his full power and minor assistance from Byakuya. #4 Possessed a second release form which none of his comrades knew of besides him,his reiatsu was perceived as something else and Ichigo himself didn't defeat him it was his Hollow Take over form that got rid of Ulq. Then we see #3 fighting weak old Hitsugaya who got owned something dirty by a non-espada. She even releases and her number and power simply doesn't correlate with her being stronger than Ulq or Hitsugaya being able to survive for so long.

Face Palm when Aizen vs captains..If you re-read the chapters doesn't make sense when Aizen switches with Hinamori..And Ichigo simply watches them act like a fool until they stab the poor girl...Which technically should have been receiving every attack they dished out.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    Major major Bleach plot which hurt the plot was Hitsugaya's speech about the different class of Menos. Vasto Lorde are stronger than Captains!! Kubo never stated Which Arrancars were VL to us Fans knowledge we simply label 1-4 VL...And This statement obviously wasn't true and it was said very seriously..=(
    Ulquiorra, Harribel, Barragan and Starrk were Vasto Lordes.
    Ulquiorra was clearly above captain level, blocked Urahara's slash and constantly beat Ichigo, killing him twice.
    Harribel was capable of leveling multiple city blocks with her water. She was holding back against Hitsugaya except for that one time her Fraccion were toasted. Didn't win because Hitsugaya could freeze most of her attacks. She later fought against 2 masked Vizards and Hitsugaya and without breaking a sweat.
    Barragan had brutal strength that could slice buildings in two with a swing of his axe. He was fast and could slow time around him, or speed it up dramatically.
    Starrk was fast and strong. He could shoot ceros instantly without moving or charging. Could shoot infinite ceros or split his soul into parts that could beat 2 masked Vizards easily.

There's nothing false about VLs being stronger than captains.

#10 released and showed he can gain more and more power form getting angrier which is why he was #0. However he was easily dispatched by Kenpachi who wasn't using his full power and minor assistance from Byakuya.
    Yammi was slow, stupid and an easy target. His Hierro wasn't known for its hardness either.

Then we see #3 fighting weak old Hitsugaya who got owned something dirty by a non-espada. She even releases and her number and power simply doesn't correlate with her being stronger than Ulq or Hitsugaya being able to survive for so long.
    Harribel wouldn't kill a child. She was very protective.

Face Palm when Aizen vs captains..If you re-read the chapters doesn't make sense when Aizen switches with Hinamori.
    That chapter was read from the captains' perspective. That whole thing was meant to get the readers too.

And Ichigo simply watches them act like a fool until they stab the poor girl...Which technically should have been receiving every attack they dished out.
    What Ichigo saw was the captains fighting Aizen, who suddenly jumped out of battle and placed Hinamori in his spot. It all happened in seconds. And his job was to stand there for an opening. He wasn't supposed to jump in whenever he wanted and ruin his chance and risk getting killed.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Newbie. View Post
    Ulquiorra, Harribel, Barragan and Starrk were Vasto Lordes.
    Ulquiorra was clearly above captain level, blocked Urahara's slash and constantly beat Ichigo, killing him twice.
    Harribel was capable of leveling multiple city blocks with her water. She was holding back against Hitsugaya except for that one time her Fraccion were toasted. Didn't win because Hitsugaya could freeze most of her attacks. She later fought against 2 masked Vizards and Hitsugaya and without breaking a sweat.
    Barragan had brutal strength that could slice buildings in two with a swing of his axe. He was fast and could slow time around him, or speed it up dramatically.
    Starrk was fast and strong. He could shoot ceros instantly without moving or charging. Could shoot infinite ceros or split his soul into parts that could beat 2 masked Vizards easily.
    You provide them with decent arguments but Starrk was the only Top Espada to take out some of the heroes. Starrk also got shunted and was beaten by Shunsui with only his Shikia because the games his SHikia play are dangerous...Booo some #1 and VL and a cero from behind didn't do much to Shunsui as he was faking his damage.....Harribel still should have beaten Hitsugaya before she released and after cause she had hot water Lml to evaporate his ice.....Kubo's crime honestly is inconsistencies and revealing vital information after the fact...Ulq honestly is the most impressive Espada and was out right stronger than your average captain. Kubo's display of character's strenght for the top espada was poor and sad.

Quote Quote:
    There's nothing false about VLs being stronger than captains.
    Very Bad representation. Only 1 got killed by a bankia

Quote Quote:
    Harribel wouldn't kill a child. She was very protective.

She cut him in half after he release...Aizen did the right thing by removing her useless ass from the field...And I can go out on the edge and Say Lisa and Hiyori masked with Shikia can't beat a Captain.

Quote Quote:
    That chapter was read from the captains' perspective. That whole thing was meant to get the readers too.

What Ichigo saw was the captains fighting Aizen, who suddenly jumped out of battle and placed Hinamori in his spot. It all happened in seconds. And his job was to stand there for an opening. He wasn't supposed to jump in whenever he wanted and ruin his chance and risk getting killed.
    The chapter is at best confusing and doesn't settle well as how he switches and what exactly happened......Their Whole fight is suppose to be under his Shikia ability, Hitsugaya only assumed he wasn't using it....So Soi Fon stabs him twice Aizen still not dead that's understandable and by any case that should have been the real Aizen because of what he said....Hitsugaya freezes his arm,Shunsui rises from the ice stabs Aizen...Then comes Hitsugaya again with the final stab.......And Bam! Hinamori is there???!??? That makes no sense dude...Much less Aizen gets up off the floor As Hinamori......Bad illustrating if anything because Kubo didn't present that scene well enough for somebody not to question how he managed to do that.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Starrk also got shunted and was beaten by Shunsui with only his Shikia because the games his SHikia play are dangerous...
    Only hit shikai? A shikai with rules, and Starrk was getting depressed and losing focus. At the end Shunsui won thanks to a distraction, twice.

Booo some #1 and VL and a cero from behind didn't do much to Shunsui as he was faking his damage....
    His guns shot normal ceros, which can't beat competent captains. Starrk wasn't even into killing Shunsui, only incapacitating him for the rest of the fight. That one cero did hurt Shunsui, and Starrk could have shot a million at him or use his wolves if he actually wanted to kill.

Harribel still should have beaten Hitsugaya before she released and after cause she had hot water Lml to evaporate his ice...
    Harribel could beat Hitsugaya in bankai without releasing. She only went into Resureccion to kill Yamamoto.

Kubo's display of character's strenght for the top espada was poor and sad.
    A shark who can level many city blocks with tons of water? Who can also control the weather? Who can take on 3 captain level fighters at once?
    A skeleton who can rot or stop time around him? Who can break skyscrapers in half with a swing of an axe?
    A wolf with infinite attack power? Who can divide his soul into many parts for immense damage?

All these fought against captain level or above, and won. They also lost because of cheap shots.

Very Bad representation. Only 1 got killed by a bankia
    Terrible logic. There's a lot more going on that combatants shooting energy beams left and right.

She cut him in half after he release
    Because she wanted to kill Yamamoto.

And I can go out on the edge and Say Lisa and Hiyori masked with Shikia can't beat a Captain.
    Except they totally can. Hiyori was kicking Ichigo's ass, Lisa could manage against Hollow Ichigo and Mashiro was beating Shinji in the TBtP arc and was kicking WonderWeiss' ass. All above captain level with their masks, and Harribel took on two of them and Hitsugaya simultaneously.

Their Whole fight is suppose to be under his Shikia ability, Hitsugaya only assumed he wasn't using it....So Soi Fon stabs him twice Aizen still not dead that's understandable and by any case that should have been the real Aizen because of what he said....Hitsugaya freezes his arm,Shunsui rises from the ice stabs Aizen...Then comes Hitsugaya again with the final stab.......And Bam! Hinamori is there???!??? That makes no sense dude...Much less Aizen gets up off the floor As Hinamori......Bad illustrating if anything because Kubo didn't present that scene well enough for somebody not to question how he managed to do that.
    It was only before the stab. There's a part where the VCs see Hinamori standing up.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for not posting in awhile, but yeah FKKT = fake Karakura town.

To my knowledge, 1-4 were confirmed to Vasto Lordes in one of the data books. Pretty sure Yammi isn't though. Yeah, it kind of sucks how hyped they were only to get mopped up, but it was inevitable given that Aizen wasn't going to be the end of Bleach.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast