Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Flaws and plot holes in Bleach :gwah

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flaws and plot holes in Bleach :gwah

Eh why does yammy who isnt a VL , rank higher than VLs when he releases? This is like a VC becoming stronger than a captain when he goes shikai
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tousendrinksbleach View Post
    Eh why does yammy who isnt a VL , rank higher than VLs when he releases? This is like a VC becoming stronger than a captain when he goes shikai
    the lvl of arrancar has been given by their reiatsu not just physical strength. yammy because he is an idiot only thought by being physicaly stronger thought he was better than every1. he is not stronger than any of them just more brute.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember that the numbers were given by Aizen, who saw arrancar as 'you can go and get killed when fighting in FKKT for all I care', so they could be screwed up to a certain extent (Ulqui especially, I doubt Aizen didn't know about his second release level). And maybe 1-9 didn't even know 10 went to 0 when he released.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tousendrinksbleach View Post
    Because it's his ability. He stores up reiatsu and anger and his release gets stronger the longer he waits. I imagine that AFTER he releases though, he goes back to his weakest state, so he can be the strongest or weakest Espada and anything in between. It goes with his aspect, just like Barragan had Old Age, Yammy had Wrath.

People whine about power levels in Bleach, but honestly, almost all of those complains are really matters of A's ability perfectly countering B's, or enemy's thinking the battles over and completely letting their guard down only so the protagonist can stab them in the face, i.e Aaroniero and Tousen.

I know the whole 9-0 thing is a stupid explanation, but thing is.....come on, didn't anyone find it suspicious that Yammy only named himself as ARRANCAR Diez, not Espada Decimo, and the fact that Espada's 4-9 were defeated before him? Plus Ulquiorra saying Yammy couldn't defeat Urahara or Yoruichi in his current state at that moment. Kubo came up with the dumbest explanation behind it ever, but Yammy being that strong was actually foreshadowed, as crazy as it sounds.
    Last edited by exacta; October 06, 2012 at 03:52 PM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right, I did read some of the earlier chapters with Yammy a while ago, and I picked up on the little hints. It definitely wasn't something that was thougt up on the spot.

Anyway, this isn't a plot hole as such, but I was thinking about the whole Fullbring Arc, and it kind of bothers me. I don't think something fairly major, like the revelation of former Substitute Shinigami, who was also a half-shinigami half-human with hollow powers and a bankai should have been brought up, skimmed through and swept to the side the way it was. Ginjou's story needed a lot more attention, imho. I did enjoy the arc itself, it was a decent little story about getting Ichigo's powers back, plus we got an explanation for what Chad's power is all about (but not Orihime, interestingly enough) but really, the whole revelation about Ginjou came out of nowhere and then it went nowhere.

I mean, who was Ginjou's Shinigami parent? How did he discover his bankai? Was he at all involved with Urahara? How did he become a Fullbringer? Questions, questions, questions...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Newbie. View Post
    Only hit shikai? A shikai with rules, and Starrk was getting depressed and losing focus. At the end Shunsui won thanks to a distraction, twice.
    Yes Only his Shikia!! that says what color you have to cut to do damage and so forth. Nothing crazy like fire,ice, explosion or anything simply swordsmanship tied to tricky ass games...Starrk deserved to be obliterated to his core by a bankia.Not sliced and diced by a SHikia that play stupid games....................Only Aizen is suppose to own all w/o bankia n make it look kool.

Quote Quote:
    His guns shot normal ceros, which can't beat competent captains. Starrk wasn't even into killing Shunsui, only incapacitating him for the rest of the fight. That one cero did hurt Shunsui, and Starrk could have shot a million at him or use his wolves if he actually wanted to kill.
    So #1 espada can shoot cero's without any stance and when released shoots the same punk ass cero's we see every Shinigami surviving,dodging or Kenpachi's case knocking them away like nothing....Starrk got serious when Wonderweis came n shot Shunsui...Kubo's writing is weak is what i'm getting at which weak writing leads to plot holes in his work or it looks as such because of his weak writing,

Quote Quote:
    Harribel could beat Hitsugaya in bankai without releasing. She only went into Resureccion to kill Yamamoto.
    Yet she didn't much less did she beat him down the way a #3 ranked espada was suppose to.

Quote Quote:
    A shark who can level many city blocks with tons of water? Who can also control the weather? Who can take on 3 captain level fighters at once?
    A skeleton who can rot or stop time around him? Who can break skyscrapers in half with a swing of an axe?
    A wolf with infinite attack power? Who can divide his soul into many parts for immense damage?

All these fought against captain level or above, and won. They also lost because of cheap shots.
    So....A building falls does it make any sound if nobody's around to hear it? Whats ya point....WHen has collateral damage ever matter in Bleach to say it displays power....The war arc as the 1st symbolism of such as this and it sucks!!!! it doesn't mean jack shit to me as a reader this is not Dbz...Only Ulq displayed real power using collateral damage in HM.

Quote Quote:
    Terrible logic. There's a lot more going on that combatants shooting energy beams left and right.
    NO Kubo wrote that Aizen stabs his useless espada that isn't killing anything...Mc.Jagger Starrk shows his dominance in battle and is shunted by shunsui and dies a pathetic death. And BArragan rightfully got owned by a bankia and Vizard Kido....O wait nope stupid ass writing says his own breathe melts him too Lmao!...

Quote Quote:
    except they totally can. Hiyori was kicking Ichigo's ass, Lisa could manage against Hollow Ichigo and Mashiro was beating Shinji in the TBtP arc and was kicking WonderWeiss' ass. All above captain level with their masks, and Harribel took on two of them and Hitsugaya simultaneously.
    Hiyori put her mask on and fought Ichigo she was obviously stronger than any other VC...Stronger than a captain NOooooo. She's captain level not past or above it NOt HIyori and Not Lisa neither. Who was fighting a Hollow possesed Ichigo that doesn't show how strong she rlly is cause he was just a mindless brute...I believe her stronger than Hiyori but still they were both only VC so with their mask on I would say they are captain level but not above or beyond..Low captain level I would say equal with Hitsugaya as they weren't doing any better than he was.

Quote Quote:
    It was only before the stab. There's a part where the VCs see Hinamori standing up.
    Dude everything is happening and Hinamori gets up and slash Kira....Thats suppose to be Aizen...Then all of a sudden Hinamori is shown on Hitsugaya's sword...Who just before that she was stabbed by SOi fon and had her arm frozen and stabbed by SHunsui...

Bleach itself is a Plot Hole. Kubo is an ass for trolling fans with garbage work...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    You're right, I did read some of the earlier chapters with Yammy a while ago, and I picked up on the little hints. It definitely wasn't something that was thougt up on the spot.

Anyway, this isn't a plot hole as such, but I was thinking about the whole Fullbring Arc, and it kind of bothers me. I don't think something fairly major, like the revelation of former Substitute Shinigami, who was also a half-shinigami half-human with hollow powers and a bankai should have been brought up, skimmed through and swept to the side the way it was. Ginjou's story needed a lot more attention, imho. I did enjoy the arc itself, it was a decent little story about getting Ichigo's powers back, plus we got an explanation for what Chad's power is all about (but not Orihime, interestingly enough) but really, the whole revelation about Ginjou came out of nowhere and then it went nowhere.

I mean, who was Ginjou's Shinigami parent? How did he discover his bankai? Was he at all involved with Urahara? How did he become a Fullbringer? Questions, questions, questions...
    Yeah I agree, I really wanted to know more about Ginjo and Tsukishima. Sadly I think Kubo decided to just end the arc as quickly as possible so he could get Bleach back in the higher rankings since the arc was so unpopular. Maybe if a databook releases it'll be a side chapter? Sucks though. If Kubo's pacing wasn't so slow he would've been able to fit in though before having to abruptly end it, regardless of popularity. Maybe he'll become important in a flashback later, who knows.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuryuu View Post
    C'mon, that can't be a plot hole yet. If I'm not wrong, Kubo said (in Repeat & Reboot I believe) that he will give details of that situation involving Matsumoto, or at least her past, that seems it's gonna be significant.
    so, is Bleach going to be "rebooted" given the title of that special earlier this year?.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Markus View Post
    so, is Bleach going to be "rebooted" given the title of that special earlier this year?.
    No, Repeat & Reboot was a recapitulation and an overview of the new arc during the three-week long break between the arcs (after Fullbring wrapped up). Reboot would mean start of the new arc.

ex oriente lux

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kingdemon302's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The problems with the series.

Many of the problems lead to bad detailing in the story such as Ichigos mom was she a hollow or a soul reaper or just human many of these have no resolution. My main point is there are many background stories but none for the sum of the main characters. yoruichi is not scene with a zanpakuto and was a captain of the 13 court guard companies. Then there is the latest bleach movie Hell chapter or verse depending on location. Is it after Aizen or before. They have the after weapons and the before weapons why is that I'm not sure. no offense to KUBO
    Last edited by Miyagi; April 18, 2013 at 03:12 AM. Reason: removed e-mail
    hello anime/manga fans

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The problems with the series.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdemon302 View Post
    Many of the problems lead to bad detailing in the story such as Ichigos mom was she a hollow or a soul reaper or just human many of these have no resolution. My main point is there are many background stories but none for the sum of the main characters. yoruichi is not scene with a zanpakuto and was a captain of the 13 court guard companies. Then there is the latest bleach movie Hell chapter or verse depending on location. Is it after Aizen or before. They have the after weapons and the before weapons why is that I'm not sure.
    Not to be rude, but it seems like you have hardly read Bleach. At no point was it implied that Ichigo's mother was a Shinigami nor a hollow. Based on current events, she seems to be undergoing hollowfication, but that can easily be explained by looking at the last two chapters. Other than that, it's been clear that she is a human.

As for Yoruichi not being scene with a Zanpaktou, it could simply be that her fighting style does not involve large weapons. The only 'real' fight Yoruichi has been seen in was the one against Aizen, but for all we know her Zanpaktou isn't suited for battles. It could be more of a support type which wouldn't be suitable. There's also the possibility that there's a more underlying motive behind not using it against Aizen (same as for Urahara not going all out). Before you complain about this, you should perhaps sit back and wait for the series to finish. I'm sure there's a lot more to see of Yoruichi and your 'problem' will most likely be resolved.

As for your problems with the movie, that doesn't have much to do with the quality of the series itself. Kubo most likely had very little to do with it and it can be considered 100% fillers. Of course there's bound to be problems if you're basing a project on someone else's work without having a complete understanding of how it is/will be like. To this day, I do not understand why people who have problems with any type of TV/movie adaptation of a manga use that to criticise the original creator of the manga. It is not his fault.
    Last edited by Miyagi; April 18, 2013 at 03:12 AM. Reason: removed e-mail

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol movie adaptions are not cannon so they're not supposed to make sense.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I think, the main problem people have had with the series is Kubo's writing overall. He has great ideas, knows how to keep things interesting, but those things usually lead to no real resolve. Just more things to look forward.

For example, this "Masaki / Isshin" story is late. It would've been more exciting for the sake of the series, if this was made into a whole story arc, instead of an interlude of sorts like the "TBTP" arc. The fullbring arc was mainly about Ichigo getting his powers back, plan and simple and the additional characters weren't even interesting. Most people enjoyed it for the most part, because they thought something was actually going to be revealed and instead, were left with more questions and WTF impressions.

Yoruichi does have a Zanpakuto, but she is a more "hand to hand" combatant, so it makes sense why she wouldn't necessarily need a sword in battle. Look at Soi Fon and what she's done, despite her use of her own Zanpakuto.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    I think, the main problem people have had with the series is Kubo's writing overall. He has great ideas, knows how to keep things interesting, but those things usually lead to no real resolve. Just more things to look forward.

For example, this "Masaki / Isshin" story is late. It would've been more exciting for the sake of the series, if this was made into a whole story arc, instead of an interlude of sorts like the "TBTP" arc. The fullbring arc was mainly about Ichigo getting his powers back, plan and simple and the additional characters weren't even interesting. Most people enjoyed it for the most part, because they thought something was actually going to be revealed and instead, were left with more questions and WTF impressions.

Yoruichi does have a Zanpakuto, but she is a more "hand to hand" combatant, so it makes sense why she wouldn't necessarily need a sword in battle. Look at Soi Fon and what she's done, despite her use of her own Zanpakuto.
    The thing is, I think it's too early to complain about the Fullbring Arc/the timing of the Masaki/Isshin story seeing as they are both incomplete. We saw the Xcution members in SS training with Ganju recently, so it is clear that they still have roles to play. As for the Masaki/Isshin story, it will surely be important in understanding the conflicts in the current arc and there could thus be a good reason for Kubo wanting it to be 'fresh'.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kingdemon302 View Post
    Many of the problems lead to bad detailing in the story such as Ichigos mom was she a hollow or a soul reaper or just human many of these have no resolution. My main point is there are many background stories but none for the sum of the main characters. yoruichi is not scene with a zanpakuto and was a captain of the 13 court guard companies. Then there is the latest bleach movie Hell chapter or verse depending on location. Is it after Aizen or before. They have the after weapons and the before weapons why is that I'm not sure. no offense to KUBO
    I think you are mistaking plot points for plot holes... Masaki being whatever she was is a plot point in the story, kubo didn't have an obligation to tell us everything about her earlier, he is simply getting to that now. Yoruichi is not a main character for that matter. She is an important character but not nearly as much as just about a dozen other characters. I don't personaly feel the loss of her zampakuto is that big a plot point though. It would be nice if kubo elaborates on that eventually but overall the manga does not win a lot by explaining that.

Kubo also does not have to give us a detailed backstory for every character for that matter.... There are plenty of character's whose backgrounds we don't particularly need for the story to make sense. I mean, it would be nice to see more of how nemu was made but it is not crucial for the story for instance.

The bleach movie is not cannon, it is not supposed to fit anywhere in the story at all.
    Last edited by Miyagi; April 18, 2013 at 03:13 AM. Reason: removed e-mail

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast