Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

30 48.39%
  • Good!

25 40.32%
  • Regular

7 11.29%
  • Boring...

0 0%
  • Bad!

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 282 Discussion/ 283 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Majek's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 282 Discussion/ 283 Predictions

Hopefully he gets some serious action done before this incident comes to an end. I think it's time again for him to shine, even if just a little. It's kind of boring with everyone else getting to do awesome and he can't.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Natsu is a beast!!! Wow im happy he is standing up for that girl

I am kind of surprised lucy turned down the keys

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member shnugin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved it! Maybe this kind of behavior from Natsu will be good for Sting. Since he did say before that he also respected Natsu before the time skip. I really enjoyed their reaction seeing Natsu go nuts!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Lucy's breasts just bore me at this point...I'm pretty much tired of them and their enormous size.
    I tend to ignore them.
    Lucy herself, on the other side, is interesting enough.

Oh and btw, did anyone else notice the Wendy fanservice?
    http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/76092768/12
    Lucy looks pretty good on this page, too.
    Last edited by HaiSuShi; May 11, 2012 at 11:31 AM.
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@kkck

Well...her emotions are probably in a whirl, you have to put into perspective what just happened to her:

-kicked from the guild
    -forced to strip in front of a buch of burly looking guys (if this was a seinen you can only wonder what would have come next...)
    -remove guild stamp, this was likely done while naked too...not fun

Mind you this is her guild (equivalent of family in most cases) that did this to her, so when a random guy goes out of his way to apologize her, so its no surprise she got really emotional.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually don't have much to say about Fairy Tail, especially during a battle tournament arc, but this week I feel the need to mention that THIS is exactly what I love about the series.

Many series will dance around something for entire arcs; where the antagonist does bad stuff until it builds up to the point were the protagonist is forced to confront it. Fairy Tail takes a different approach. At the first sign of wrong doing...IT'S ON! It takes something that another series would make complicated and simplifies it.

Natsu heard about an injustice that pissed him off; and that's all the reason he needed to pick a fight with the biggest baddest guy around.

So simple. So charming. And exactly the reason I look forward to reading Fairy Tail.
    Last edited by Jammin; May 11, 2012 at 12:38 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 11 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Natsu breaking in really make a chapter for me. It's a twist that I didn't see coming. And I haven't seen that kind of twist for at least 2 years.

Part of it is due to the fact I thought Genma's butt going to get kick way later.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i would like to see this manga become just slightly more dark. like more death, stronger badguys and bad guys that stick around for a while and cause major catastorphe

but it is still a damn good series and a great story

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ILikeSleeping's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man oh man, unexpected ending was unexpected. I am delightfully surprised, but i will talk about it later.

It was quite understandable for Lucy to give up getting those keys. Although she's probably going to get them soon or later. Anyone find it weird that Yukino didn't offer the 13th Gate Key? O_o And what is this Zentopia thing? I see people making connections with the anime but i doubt it, it most likely happened within the 7 year gap.

Poor Yukino, her life must have been terrible. The one thing that she strived for, joining Sabertooth was just torn away in one fell swoop from that guild master. Plus the humiliation, i would be pissed, she handled it all really well up until Natsu opened up to her.

Side note: Oh god...I can smell the Natsu x Yukino fanfictions coming up...

And wow with Gray, that is really a first, a shonen character that isn't oblivious to a girl's swooning. Congrats for him. I see this gag going on with him ignoring it for quite some time.

And with the ending, wth, that was unexpected yet very in character for Natsu. Betraying nakama is like the bane of all crimes for him.
    I see this fight ending up in a number of ways.

1) Natsu beating Gemma, VERY unlikely, but maybe the master is a puss, i mean the guild used to suck.

2) Gemma trashing Natsu, more likely but still not very much so. He still needs to compete.

3) Gemma laughing it off and diffusing the situation in a snide way, likely, i can see him making a remark and then asking to settle this in the tournament by giving Natsu an offer or challenge that he can't refuse.

4) Back-up showing up and helping. Aka Makarov coming and either diffusing the situation OR laying a god holy beatdown on Gemma, as much as i want to see this, this probably won't happen.

5) Gemma lets Natsu fight him and then charges Natsu with breaking the rules (i bet there is a rule that says no fighting between matches) and threatens to suspend Fairy Tail from the game due to his actions (i can see this being twisted in a few ways, main one being something similar to what Flare did in that forcing Fairy Tail to lose).

6) Minerva pops up or someone else from the 5 are sent to fight him and either spar for a bit or Natsu gets owned.

I was going to just rate this chapter good based on the character development in this chapter but rated it epic for the ending. XD
    Last edited by ILikeSleeping; May 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked everything. Except the fanservice, but it's natural that Mashima did it. Everyone was in character and acted coherently according to that. Even Yukino, taking his gloomy look from previous chapters was coherent.

And I like this development, because now Yukino is still in play for the Gate. And we learn about Zentopia, that looks like a temple in the mountains. Maybe Stellar Mages are actually quite more? Would be awesome another arc dedicated to it.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, another thing which I have been wondering. Clearly the door from the legend yukina mentioned is the one the knight guy wants to open or at least is related to that. However, as far as we know what the knight wants to do is directly related to zeref. As we know, zeref is someone who at some point was capable of creating demons, demons with a lot of power at that. What if he didn't always create demons? What if stellar spirits were at some point a creation of zeref? If this is the case then the relation between lucy, zeref and layla would be a lot clearer. I wonder if the stellar spirits were actually meant to be a seal of sorts over something else? Maybe it is stellar spirits which provide access to the one magic? I also wonder where exactly ophycious would be left in all of this and why lucy wasn't offered that one. Where would the stellar spirit king stand in all of this?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter, really liked the twist at the end and sabertooth's 2 DS reaction when they saw Natsu coming in and kicking some members ass. I'd personally like to see Genma beaten up but i think that the makarov-coming-in-and-putting-a-stop-to-this scenario is more likely to happen. Too bad :/

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I usually don't have much to say about Fairy Tail, especially during a battle tournament arc, but this week I feel the need to mention that THIS is exactly what I love about the series.

Many series will dance around something for entire arcs; where the antagonist does bad stuff until it builds up to the point were the protagonist if forced to confront it. Fairy Tail takes a different approach. At the first sign of wrong doing...IT'S ON! It takes something that another series would make complicated and simplifies it.

Natsu heard about an injustice that pissed him off; and that's all the reason he needed to pick a fight with the biggest baddest guy around.

So simple. So charming. And exactly the reason I look forward to reading Fairy Tail.
    If I had to describe Fairy Tail with one word, it would be refreshing.
    This is the reason why Fairy Tail is my favorite Shonen manga right now. The little details, the characters interacting, and most of all the way Mashima makes you care for(or hate) most of his characters. When the guilds participating in the Grand Magic Games were shown, I wouldn't have thought I would be as interested in these characters as I am right now. The same goes for Hades and Grimoire Heart.
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ShoobyDooBop's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked everything in the chapter.

I felt more sorry for Yukino. Just what kind of life did she have? A girl having her self-respect destroyed is a serious thing(Girls, how do you handle this? and getting kicked out of the guild she looked up to. I hope she overcomes this. I'm pretty sure now she'll join FT.

The interaction between Erza and Gray was fun to read. So Gray knows after all. Well, that's to be expected since he's not a moron. Liked his reaction when Erza asked "Why don't you make everything clear?". It's like he ate something sour.

About Natsu... Normally I would be annoyed by what he did but no, I actually like what he's doing now. And Sting and Rogue's reactions when they saw Natsu trashing their members was awesome. I'm starting to like him again.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy ****!

That ending left me giggling like a kid. I'm still smiling from ear to ear. Gods, I love Natsu.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast