Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

    30 48.39%
  • Good!

    25 40.32%
  • Regular

    7 11.29%
  • Boring...

    0 0%
  • Bad!

    0 0%
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 71

Thread: Fairy Tail 282 Discussion/ 283 Predictions

  1. #46
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,360
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 282 Discussion/ 283 Predictions

    For some reason Gemma seems to be the type of guy who would use fire if he has an element. Which would totally favor Natsu actually. But well, this guy is such a mountain that he is certainly a melee type anyway...

  2. #47
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sollum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    South Korea
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 282 Discussion/ 283 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    For some reason Gemma seems to be the type of guy who would use fire if he has an element. Which would totally favor Natsu actually. But well, this guy is such a mountain that he is certainly a melee type anyway...
    Fire *cough* God *cough* Slayer *cough*

  3. #48
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,360
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 282 Discussion/ 283 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollum View Post
    Fire *cough* God *cough* Slayer *cough*
    Your point is... ?
    Even this, Natsu was able to swallow.

  4. #49
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MONKEYS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 282 Discussion/ 283 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollum View Post
    Okay... That was insane...

    Its hard to predict next chapter...
    a) Minerva will fight Natsu
    b) I doubt that Gemma is weaker than Guildartz, so Natsu will go down
    c) Natsu somehow manages to use his second magic container or maybe taps into Godslayer flames and owns Gemma big time

    If Gemma losses, there's always someone second in command to take his place. So i think its actually possible plot twist.
    Hmm, part b is interesting. I wonder how the mages of this universe stack up. Obviously Makarov is better than anyone in a legal guild, and most in the dark guilds, save Hades, and Zeref (maybe a few others), then there's other guild masters, probably having Gildarts and Jura somewhere within that group. Then I'd say Laxus, the rest of the S ranks, and the fodder.

    Natsu is probably in the S rank area, but he's a bit dumb and hotheaded, so he can't really be an S-rank.

    Anyway, back to being on topic. I think Natsu's going to get his ass handed to him. Yeah, Gemma's going to give him the old beat down.
    *Unlikely speculation begin*
    However, I think all the members of Sabertooth will be affected by Natsu's actions, and maybe even Sting will soften up a bit. Makarov will be pissed, but knowing that exacting vengeance will only serve to get him into trouble with the magic council, he'll refrain from taking action. Natsu will probably be out until the fifth day of the competition, where he'll make a dramatic entry into the battle portion (I think it's tag battle on day 5).
    How he'll recover, probably by eating a lot of fire.
    *Unlikely speculation end*
    Anyway, loved the chapter, even though it was a non-tourney one (I prefer the tourney ones). Can't wait until next week.
    Since I'm not godlike with flash or anything, I'm going to dedicate my signature space to the people who make our weekly manga viewing possible.

    I don't know their names, but really, anyone who works to bring manga to my eyes weekly, you have my thanks.

  5. #50
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 282 Discussion/ 283 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by MONKEYS View Post
    Natsu is probably in the S rank area, but he's a bit dumb and hotheaded, so he can't really be an S-rank.
    Plot Power makes him a confident S-Rank ability wise.

  6. #51
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    Mexico
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    378
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 282 Discussion/ 283 Predictions

    Yukino's tears and suffering makes my heart tingle. I think I'm in love.

    Predictions? sure:

    A) Gemma fights Natsu.
    B) One of the dragonslayers fights with "don't bother with him master" thing.
    C) First two options but battle interrupted.

    The last one seems more likely.
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; May 12, 2012 at 02:50 PM.

  7. #52
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member thousandIN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 282 Discussion/ 283 Predictions

    does anyone think that yukino will replace lucy and lucy will die or be away???
    also i wish wendy went with natsu incase the ds would challenge him. i have a feeling that minerva is going to be a ds or her magic will be linked to roman/greek mythology.
    i read somewhere here that somebody had mentioned that sabertooth is like the exact opposite of fairy tail.

  8. #53
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,625
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 282 Discussion/ 283 Predictions

    Lucy replaced? No way. In thousands years. Yukino will die, though.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  9. #54
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Jordan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 282 Discussion/ 283 Predictions

    I hope they do fight even if it last 1 page. As long we get to see Gemma magic, and Sting give me the idea that Minerva is the strongest among those 5 members, so not sure if Wendy can handle this one.

    As much as I hate Natsu :P . I did like the entrance to SABERTOOTH guild, and I'm looking forward to see it animated. After we finish from Natsu nakama crap can we go back to the competitions please :S
    Dreyar Style

  10. #55
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 282 Discussion/ 283 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    I hope they do fight even if it last 1 page. As long we get to see Gemma magic, and Sting give me the idea that Minerva is the strongest among those 5 members, so not sure if Wendy can handle this one.
    I expect they will fight given the title. I expect it'll get interrupted though. Probably just as one or both of them is about to go no holds barred.

  11. #56
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 282 Discussion/ 283 Predictions

    mmmm, i hope natsu will use his lighting flame power ( i dont know is he still got that power ..if anyone know that he still got it pls tell me ) and kicked the ass of the saber tooth guild master...and btw, i want to see the saber tooth guild master power and how he fight.

  12. #57
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 282 Discussion/ 283 Predictions

    Now I will post what I believe will happened in the next chapters:

    I really don’t know if Gemma is strong or weak.
    I don’t know because the guild before that this five member joined the guild was really weak, but there is even the possibilities that even if Gemma is strong the guild was weak, just like was Fairy Tail with Makarov.
    In fact even if Makaravo was already the master of Fairy Tail the guild was weak, in fact only recently, some years before the time skip, with Natsu’s generation (except for Gildzarts) the guild became really strong and famous, at least this is what said Jose in the war between Phantom Lord and Fairy Tail.

    Anyways I believe that this match will not have a winner, because this match will be interrupted, in fact I don’t think that we will have a clearly winner between Natsu and Gemma.
    I believe this because Natsu can’t lose already after the power up, but the same Gemma can’t lose now, it’s too early.
    Anyways I believe that in the next chapter Natsu will repeat what he said to Yukino, that a guild who make cry a nakama is not a guild, I believe that this could make reflect Rogue (in the truth he have already doubt if Sabertooth can be really called a guild).
    In fact as I said in 281 chapter’s thread I believe in two options:
    1)
    At the end of the tourment all the five strong mages will leave Sabertooth, so Sabertooth will return to be a weak guild, this would be really the worst punishment for Gemma.
    2) All the five member will remain to Sabertooth, but the guild will change, I don’t know if Gemma will remain the master or not, but anyways Sabertooth will became a guild more similar to Fairy Tail, and probably Yukino will be readmitted to the guild.
    But as I already said, it’s too early for this, the change will happened at the end of this arc.


    I don’t think that Rogue, Sting, Rufus or Orga will interference, I believe that the one who will stop the fight will be Makarov or Minerva.
    I think that Happy will go to call Makarov (I would be really happy if with him will came even Luxus and Gazille, but even Gray and Erza, if they will met each other on the way).
    Anyways I believe that Makarov will arrive when the fight has already ended, in fact I believe that the fight will be stopped by Minerva.

    Minerva is the name of a roman goddess, she is the corresponding of greek’s goddess Athena.
    I have searched on Wikipedia, so now below I post what there is written on Wikipedia, only the part that could be important for us.
    “Athena was the goddess of wisdom, weaving, crafts and more noble aspects of war (such as defensive war or made from good cause.
    The metalwork of weapons also fell under her patronage”.

    For this reason if she will reflect her name I believe that she will stop the fight, at the beginning she will stop Natsu, counting that this act would be a defensive act, but after knowing Natsu’s reason I believe that he could agree with him, because Natsu’s motivations are right, noble, good.
    Counting that Athena/Minerva was even the goddess of wisdom I believe that she will be the one who will reach the solution, she will propose a compromise.
    Counting that the magic council does not allow a fight between guilds, I believe that she will propose to let decide to the tournament.
    If Natsu’s team (but perhaps even of Fairy Tail team B) at the end of the tournament will have more points of Sabertooth Gemma will leave the guild, otherwise he will remain Sabertooth’s master.

    I don’t think that Minerva is a loli, I believe that she is really similar to Erza, I believe that she can requip, if not the armour (perhaps she could have a only armour, just like that of Athena goddess), at least the weapons, just like Erza of Edolas.
    I believe that she will fight Erza.
    I don’t know the result, I believe that the result of the battle will depend if Erza will participate even in the third contest and will take one of the first position, I believe that Erza would lose, otherwise the battle will end in a draw.
    We will have a draw even if Minerva will participate to the contest and will be better than Erza, even if Erza would take one of the first place (for example if Minerva will win and Erza will be second).

    P.S: I want to know what you thing about what I wrote.

  13. #58
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    513
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 282 Discussion/ 283 Predictions

    Personal Prediction for chapter 283:
    * Jiemma calls Yukino a loser for crying about Sabertooth infront of former opponents, further angering Natsu.
    * Natsu attacks Jiemma, who counter-attacks, causing Natsu to be blown back.
    * Natsu then charges at Jiemma again and then one of two things occur:
    * One of Team Sabertooth gets in the way, either introducing Minerva, or revealing Rogue's or Sting's abilities.
    * The entire Team Sabertooth gets in the way.
    * Natsu is pushed back, and decides to get serious, enters Fire-Lightning Dragon Slayer Mode, bypasses Team Sabertooth, and nearly hits Jiemma.
    * However at the very last moment, Laxus, Mirajane and Gajeel suddenly drop on top of him and pins him down, preventing Natsu from reaching Jiemma.
    * Makarov comes into the scene and apologizes to Jiemma, but Jiemma is already pissed, and wants to thrash someone.
    * Jiemma then proposes a wager between the two Guild Masters. Which ever guild loses must disband.
    * Makarov accepts.

  14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #59
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 282 Discussion/ 283 Predictions

    I don't think the last part of your prediction would be able to come true: Guilds are forbidden to fight that way to disband each other, aren't they? A legal guild may not even smack a dark guild anymore. But I agree on Minerva might stop Natsu.

    And with her "goddess" name, I predict she's a God Slayer.

  16. #60
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,502
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 282 Discussion/ 283 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Marche View Post
    Now I will post what I believe will happened in the next chapters:
    Spoiler show
    I agree with most of what you wrote.
    I also think that the Sabertooth will stay as a guild, but will be changed, and that Yukino, if she live (which I don't doubt), might come back with them.
    Although there also the possibility that she joins Kagura's group since Kagura pretty much own her life now.

    I also think that the fight will be interrupted, and having it stopped by Minerva makes a lot of sense since she was just introduced.
    And I'm fairly certain that Minerva is the strongest of the 5.

    As for the loli thing, I think she will be a loli, because they call her the "young lady".
    I don't know if she could actually be Wendy's opponent, but it would be nice to have the strongest one against Wendy for a change.
    And Wendy could prove herself, especially now that she read that book and might have learn a stronger move that she could use against Minerva.

    I didn't thought about your possible solution regarding the departure of Genma, but I like it.
    If Fairy Tail wins, Genma leaves Sabertooth. Although, if they make that kind of wager, the wager needs to be similar for Fairy Tail.
    I wonder if Makarov would be willing to bet his own leadership in the same way...

    Or like Shadoguardian suggested, maybe the Wager would be even bigger and the guild that lose is forced to disband!
    Although, if Sabertooth disband, I have no idea where Sting and Rogue will end up afterwards...

    I just hope they don't join Fairy Tail...
    There's enough Dragon Slayer in FT... I don't want more...
    Last edited by THM Nindo; May 15, 2012 at 08:42 AM.


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts