Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Power Level Comparision (Schools)

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shitenhouji vs Hyoutei

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Right, there's always going to be a dark horse eventually, if the team constantly changes the way they position the players. For example, they put Bunta in singles 2 and made a Jackal/Yagyuu pair during the match against Fudomine lol. That doesn't mean Bunta/Jackal are not the standard pair. I don't think just because they (Yagyuu/Niou) played with each other one other time means they're an established doubles pair.
    Doesnt dark horse mean underdog?

Also, I think its stated that they are a pair by the montly tennis reporter guy I dont remember too well although it could be that they are just close friends not an official pair.
    And yeah, its why Rikkai are my fav. school without a doubt.
    To have the luxury to have Yuki in hospital and Sanada relaxing in Doubles, put Marui in Singles 2 and still not worry at all about winning the match.

Marui in Singles would have still handled fodder Fudomine lol.
    What's sad is that Fudomine only have ONE player who is definetely above even the likes of Jackal in Singles. I dont see Kamio and Ibu beating Jackal after seeing how Momo/Kaidoh struggled to get just one game.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Does anyone have a theory on why Mouri told Niou you can never reach the Pro level with his tennis style?
    Does that mean Mouri is far above Niou?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Ironically, Yagyuu and Niou are a perfect example of what I said. There is absolutely no evidence to conclude Yagyuu and Niou have ever played doubles together before, and therefore they are not an established doubles team like Golden Pair. The reason for this is simply because of where Konomi has placed Niou on the other two matches. Niou was playing doubles with Renji against Nagoya, and Niou played singles 2 against Fuji. So without a doubt, Niou and Yagyuu are not a continuous pair.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...01/c007/3.html

They ARE continuous pair.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    There we are.
    Either way they arent an example to use as abilities wise, they wipe the floor with Golden Pair. Singles or Doubles.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    There we are.
    Either way they arent an example to use as abilities wise, they wipe the floor with Golden Pair. Singles or Doubles.
    6-4 isn't a bad score, though. I think they seemed to be doing a fairly good job against a player of a higher level. Considering both Niou and Yagyuu probably will 6-0 both of them in singles. My point is that I don't think Chitose and Zaizen on even on Niou and Yagyuu level to be wiping the floor with the silver pair like that.
    Last edited by -Ken-; May 06, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

6-4 isn't a bad score, though. I think they seemed to be doing a fairly good job against a player of a higher level. Considering both Niou and Yagyuu probably will 6-0 both of them in singles. My point is that I don't think Chitose and Zaizen on even on Niou and Yagyuu level to be wiping the floor with the silver pair like that.
    Even with Synchro, GP wouldn't win right now mainly because of Niou's illlusions. Maybe GP with synchro could defeat pre-nationals Yagyuu/Niou, but in Shin, they're completely above Oishi/Kikumaru.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... 6-4 was coz they pissed about for 6 games using their non-dominant hands and were essentially taking it easy in a Finals Match. Completely insulting GP.
    I reckon if they went full blast from the get go we wouldve got a worse score.

But yeah, Shishido/Ootori arent a crap pair. I just find it difficult to compare Chitose/Zaizen pair when Chitose only has Kamikakushi in Doubles and Zaizen we can confirm is below him after his embarassing stint at the Nationals.
    If we saw Zaizen in a full match just once we could better predict.

Higa VS Yamabuki who wins?

S3 Kai VS Muramochi
    D2 Aragaki/Shiranui VS Nitobe/Kita
    S2 Hirakoba VS Sengoku
    D1 Minami/Higashikata VS Chinen/Tanishi
    S1 Kite Eishiro VS Akutsu Jin

(Chinen and Tanishi paired together for the Tie-break's thinking they would be a pair and have both played in Doubles at the Nationals so they could work as a pair unlike Kai and Kite who are yet to be shown in Doubles despite pairing for the tie-break. Hirakoba is w/out doubt the 2nd best on the team).

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... 6-4 was coz they pissed about for 6 games using their non-dominant hands and were essentially taking it easy in a Finals Match. Completely insulting GP.
    I reckon if they went full blast from the get go we wouldve got a worse score.
    I very much highly doubt it. Here

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/princ...is/c208/2.html

Look at Niou face. It's not a completely dominating face for sure.

Niou do the swap things to destroy Seigaku moral. Which succeed.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/princ...is/c206/3.html

They win 3 game then, as seen here.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/princ...is/c206/5.html

That's how long it take for Golden Pair to recover from the trick than Niou//Yagyuu used. There's no guarantee they will get those game from the start if they go all out in the beginning.

And since then,

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/princ...is/c207/9.html

and the game then end at 6-4. This means that Golden Pair have been getting 2 to 1 game once they started using this formation. The end score might have been 6-3 if they both go all out from started, in golden pair favor, even.

It's the "mind trick" that Niou used, just playing around. And Niou's laser is so that Golden Pair won't be able to see the real laser. It's all tactic.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Power Level Comparision (Schools)

@Ken sorry I didnt notice this, but yeah your right GP actually did well against them.

But I stand by the point that Niou/Yagyuu arent a good example as they are above them as in SPoT, GP have no chance of beating Yagyuu/Niou.

Yagyuu can hit two different lasers from the same stance, and Niou can become any schooler.

But I do agree that a Chitose/Zaizen pair probably wont overwhelm Silver Pair. I forgot how dangerous a pair Shishido/Ootori are.

To be fair, its simply coz weve been trolled by Konomi on the topic of Zaizen Hikaru. He promised much but he hasnt done anything with him. Glad the guys who did the PoT OVA's gave him screentime in that Shitenhouji OVA.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

My predictions:

S3 Kai VS Muramochi. Muramochi was established as weaker than sengoku, I think Kai can beat a weaker sengouku. Kai wins 6-4.
    D2 Aragaki/Shiranui VS Nitobe/Kita Of course we don't know much about nitobe/kita, though they did beat fuji/Kawamura. Aragaki/Shiranui are considered the weakest of Higa, and thus we can say a stronger pair couldn't beat fuji/Kawa, though of course fuji was more serious in this match probably because agression was involved. Though I will go ahead and give the win to Nitobe/Kita 7-5
    S2 Hirakoba VS Sengoku Sengoku has only dissapointed through the series, Hirakoba is promising. I would give the win to hirakoba. 6-3
    D1 Minami/Higashikata VS Chinen/Tanishi. I think this is the closest matchup and in fact the one that decides the outcome. So I will say it's close, I will give the win to Chinen Tanishi 7-5 Because Konomi seems to have developed a fetish on Tanishi.
    S1 Kite Eishiro VS Akutsu Jin. Akutsu wins 7-5, but it wins.

Overall I think Yamabuki could win, but Higa has the advantage.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Higa would mop the floor with Yamabuki. Higa's players are so much more about that life than Yamabuki's. They even have a staple court-control technique; the only person with court-control on Yamabuki is Akutsu. The only person who would give Higa a run for their money would be Akutsu. Sengoku probably can't beat Kai.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fosprey View Post
    My predictions:

S3 Kai VS Muramochi. Muramochi was established as weaker than sengoku, I think Kai can beat a weaker sengouku. Kai wins 6-4.
    Muramochi wasnt invited to the camp. So we can assume he sucks. Kai would destroy him. Shukichiho completely finished off most/all of Rokkaku's players.

D2 Aragaki/Shiranui VS Nitobe/Kita Of course we don't know much about nitobe/kita, though they did beat fuji/Kawamura. Aragaki/Shiranui are considered the weakest of Higa, and thus we can say a stronger pair couldn't beat fuji/Kawa, though of course fuji was more serious in this match probably because agression was involved. Though I will go ahead and give the win to Nitobe/Kita 7-5
    I agree here. Both suck. Mysterious as to how they got past Fuji/Kawamura pair. Hopefully they explain Kawamura injured is arm or something coz it makes no sense.

S2 Hirakoba VS Sengoku Sengoku has only dissapointed through the series, Hirakoba is promising. I would give the win to hirakoba. 6-3
    Fair enough. I dont see Hirakoba losing to anybody on Yamabuki besides Akutsu. In fact, I see Kai, Tanishi and Chinen taking him out too.
    He shows nothing to suggest he can seriously get past incredibly quick movement.
    Sengoku is a sob story of this manga. He was introduced as training with Sanada, Atobe, (I think Yanagi), in place of where Tezuka would train, yet he sucks.

D1 Minami/Higashikata VS Chinen/Tanishi. I think this is the closest matchup and in fact the one that decides the outcome. So I will say it's close, I will give the win to Chinen Tanishi 7-5 Because Konomi seems to have developed a fetish on Tanishi.
    I think personally, that the Jimmies would get destroyed by the two tallest MSers here. Chinen defeated Tanishi which means he can overcome Big Bang as Big Bang loses its effect eventually, and Chinen must have kept ALL of his serves against Tanishi until then. He is definetely strong. Especially how he handed Aoi that perfect defeat while Aoi had a 6-4 finish against Kaidoh.

But yeah, Tanishi/Chinen would destroy the Jimmies who lost to Prefecturals!Golden Pair.

S1 Kite Eishiro VS Akutsu Jin. Akutsu wins 7-5, but it wins.
    Heavier defeat than that. Remember the hack power Akutsu was given is that he can hit an offensive shot from any position. Akutsu's sliding around is fantastic, 5 ball power-up, Kite stands no chance.
    We're looking at 6-3 at best.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree here. Both suck. Mysterious as to how they got past Fuji/Kawamura pair. Hopefully they explain Kawamura injured is arm or something coz it makes no sense.
    Kita and Nitobe have something called 12 minute sync according to the data books. I don't remember what it does exactly but iirc it's some sort of synchro. Kawamura didn't have any Hadokyuus back then either.

Fair enough. I dont see Hirakoba losing to anybody on Yamabuki besides Akutsu. In fact, I see Kai, Tanishi and Chinen taking him out too.
    He shows nothing to suggest he can seriously get past incredibly quick movement.
    Sengoku is a sob story of this manga. He was introduced as training with Sanada, Atobe, (I think Yanagi), in place of where Tezuka would train, yet he sucks.
    @bold
    Beat Sakata who is one of the fastest players and was said to have the best motion vision out of everyone I believe.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Beat Sakata who is one of the fastest players and was said to have the best motion vision out of everyone I believe.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Richard Sakata's a fucking clown. Don't take him seriously, even after the U-17 training. I bet even Arai could beat that ass.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Richard Sakata's a fucking clown. Don't take him seriously, even after the U-17 training. I bet even Arai could beat that ass.
    And Horio, I don't know how Sakata is in 2nd court, when he really is 14th court level

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast