Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Power Level Comparision (Schools)

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Power Level Comparision (Schools)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Kita and Nitobe have something called 12 minute sync according to the data books. I don't remember what it does exactly but iirc it's some sort of synchro. Kawamura didn't have any Hadokyuus back then either.
    What? How does that explain overcoming Fuji?

@bold
    Beat Sakata who is one of the fastest players and was said to have the best motion vision out of everyone I believe.
    Fair enough. I forgot that.
    Sengoku could probably challenge Shukuchiho same way Kikumaru did. So yeah, Sengoku > Kai but not Hirakoba. Habu is a crazy technique.
    I still dont see Sengoku > Hirakoba at all. The guy who completely sealed Triple Counters + Hadoukyuus.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    And Horio, I don't know how Sakata is in 2nd court, when he really is 14th court level
    LOL, nah I find him pathetic, despite his character design looking kinda cool, but he lost to Sengoku 6-4, showing he is quite decent.
    He would beat Yuuta, Oishi, Ootori, Shishido in Singles etc. Since I dont see any of those taking 4 games off Sengoku.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    HAHAHAA Love it.
    Tis a shame how badly destroyed he was.

This guy looked promising when he tried to trip Tezuka. Had no idea laughing is all he would be good for.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sengoku's not that great either; he's just a lucky bastard. Skill be damned, he's just a lucky cat. He could probably play against Nanjiroh and win by default because Nanjiroh twisted his ankle and couldn't play or something.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I disagree, I think Konomi just forgot about him to be honest. I know it was just fillers, but Sengoku played singles 3 in the all Japan team in the anime because of his boxing style upgrade. The only thing he needs is an upgrade and he is top tier again. We just haven't seen him play since Richard. The same is true for Tachibana and Chitose. They are NOT bad, they just do not have enough screen time to evolve.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We just haven't seen him play since Richard
    There.

Quote Quote:
    The same is true for Tachibana and Chitose. They are NOT bad, they just do not have enough screen time to evolve.
    You can't compare them to Sengoku. Tachibana and Chitose are two of the most screentime-hogging, character-developing characters in the whole franchise. Like, I can literally have Sengoku go up against say, Yukimura, for whatever reason in my fanfic, and still write a match logical enough that Sengoku will win. He's a haxxorz.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; May 24, 2012 at 04:34 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Tachibana and Chitose are two of the most screentime-hogging, character-developing characters in the whole franchise.
    That's absurd. The last real singles match we have seen of Tachibana is against Chitose. The last real singles match we've seen of Chitose is against Tezuka. They hardly had screentime OR character-development. Their doubles match was the fastest one and it showed nothing. I have no idea where you got that from.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's absurd. The last real singles match we have seen of Tachibana is against Chitose. The last real singles match we've seen of Chitose is against Tezuka. They hardly had screentime OR character-development. Their doubles match was the fastest one and it showed nothing. I have no idea where you got that from.
    From the fact that, from the get-go Tachibana and Fudomine were some of the characters with the greatest development, what with their team history and all.

Then Konomi took it even further by having Tachibana being the one to play Fuji that night when he decided his Counters wouldn't be enough for the Nationals.

Then we got the history on Tachibana's legend in Kyuushu as the Wild Lion, along with Chitose, who wasn't seen up until that point but only mentioned in passing.

Then we finally see Chitose, who is not playing on Shitenhoji but instead some expert on Muga, and not only that, but he is the first character we ever see opening Saiki (and you say this match showed us nothing? LolStop)

Then we see him playing against Tachibana (I think), which was up until that point a hyped-up rematch.

^^ See all the development up until that point? Good. Now we get to the semi-finals, where Chitose, thanks to their coach, gets to play.

Chitose's skill at tennis / Muga overshadows us from ever seeing what Zaizen could do.

Don't deny it, Chitose and Tachibana have had their fair amount of screentime and development. The two of them are pretty major characters in the story. How you can compare them to Sengoku, whose screentime in the story and importance haven't even come close to theirs is crazy.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; May 24, 2012 at 05:25 PM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Then we finally see Chitose, who is not playing on Shitenhoji but instead some expert on Muga, and not only that, but he is the first character we ever see opening Saiki (and you say this match showed us nothing? LolStop)
    Read my posts please, I said his DOUBLES MATCH WITH TACHIBANA IN SHIN-POT. The extent of their backstory is not relevant. Sengoku has a past with Sanada, Atobe, and Renji. We've seen that. We've also seen his eyesight being something to brag about. We know enough. I am talking about their roles in Shin-PoT. Because, y'know...we are reading SHIN-PoT. Not PoT. Tachibana and Chitose have HARDLY had any screentime in Shin-PoT. Sengoku didn't get a chance to play yet, so we still know nothing about his improved abilities. It is even more shocking to say Tachibana and Chitose have the most screentime in light of PoT1, when you know people like Atobe, Echizen, and Fuji exist. That was just an ignorant thing to say.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, relax.

Read my posts please, I said his DOUBLES MATCH WITH TACHIBANA IN SHIN-POT.
    No you didn't.

That's absurd. The last real singles match we have seen of Tachibana is against Chitose. The last real singles match we've seen of Chitose is against Tezuka. They hardly had screentime OR character-development. Their doubles match was the fastest one and it showed nothing.
    All you said was "their doubles match," which makes it pretty ambigious as to which doubles match you were talking about, considering you mentioned his game with Tezuka in a sentence prior, which was a doubles match. Read your own posts please, and try to be a bit more clear, young man, .

Quote Quote:
    It is even more shocking to say Tachibana and Chitose have the most screentime in light of PoT1, when you know people like Atobe, Echizen, and Fuji exist. That was just an ignorant thing to say.
    I never said they had the most screentime; I said they are characters with some of the most screentime. Never said that they have the most. Obviously there are characters with more screentime with them, but you can't put their level of importance on par with Sengoku.

Tl;dr: You're wrong, lol.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    What? How does that explain overcoming Fuji?
    It's made pretty clear, especially after that match, that a good combination is worth more than individual skill. And knowing Fuji at that point, he didn't use anything besides maybe Tsubame Gaeshi anyway which should be returnable even for players like Kita and Nitobe as long as they cover the court well. Fuji/Kawamura didn't exactly destroy Ishida/Sakurai either when you look at it.

Fair enough. I forgot that.
    Sengoku could probably challenge Shukuchiho same way Kikumaru did. So yeah, Sengoku > Kai but not Hirakoba. Habu is a crazy technique.
    I still dont see Sengoku > Hirakoba at all. The guy who completely sealed Triple Counters + Hadoukyuus.
    I'm by no means sure about that, but I could kinda see him doing better against Habu than most people because of his motion vision. I think who would win in Sengoku vs Hirakoba depends on the power up Sengoku got during the nationals; we can be relatively sure that he did get one, we just don't know how good it actually is. I don't think we'll find out until possibly Vol. 10.5 either for that matter.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

It's made pretty clear, especially after that match, that a good combination is worth more than individual skill. And knowing Fuji at that point, he didn't use anything besides maybe Tsubame Gaeshi anyway which should be returnable even for players like Kita and Nitobe as long as they cover the court well. Fuji/Kawamura didn't exactly destroy Ishida/Sakurai either when you look at it.
    Fuji normally evolves in a pinch. Although it could be that he just didnt give a crap. Unless they told us that Fuji didnt give a crap about the match, then its unclear.
    Fuji is a world above Kita and Nitobe. Kita and Nitobe didnt even get invited to the camp.

I'm by no means sure about that, but I could kinda see him doing better against Habu than most people because of his motion vision. I think who would win in Sengoku vs Hirakoba depends on the power up Sengoku got during the nationals; we can be relatively sure that he did get one, we just don't know how good it actually is. I don't think we'll find out until possibly Vol. 10.5 either for that matter.
    Hirakoba seals the Triple Counters and the Power shots through Shukuchiho and Habu.

Sengoku has motion vision like Kikumaru and Saeki so sealing the vertical Shukuchiho will be a piece of cake, but Habu I dont think so.
    It took Fuji 3-4 games to return it. Fuji >> Sengoku, so Im expecting him to take a while.

Sengoku seems to have high technique, but after losing to Kamio I dont see him defeating Hirakoba, who had he not showed off and used Ohabu, would have taken out Fuji and Kawamura pair without Chinen having to really put in any effort.
    Habu is underrated.

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

Read my posts please, I said his DOUBLES MATCH WITH TACHIBANA IN SHIN-POT. The extent of their backstory is not relevant. Sengoku has a past with Sanada, Atobe, and Renji. We've seen that. We've also seen his eyesight being something to brag about. We know enough. I am talking about their roles in Shin-PoT. Because, y'know...we are reading SHIN-PoT. Not PoT.
    The extent of the backstory is extremely relevant. They have enormous backstory.
    The whole reason they switched schools and how Chitose almost lost his tennis etc.
    But your right with Shin PoT we havent seen anything from any of them.

Sengoku's background and relevance is in fact less than Tachibana and Chitose's.

Tachibana and Chitose have HARDLY had any screentime in Shin-PoT. Sengoku didn't get a chance to play yet, so we still know nothing about his improved abilities. It is even more shocking to say Tachibana and Chitose have the most screentime in light of PoT1, when you know people like Atobe, Echizen, and Fuji exist. That was just an ignorant thing to say.
    Tachibana and Chitose to be fair got a lot of screentime in PoT 1. We got Tachibana in 3 matches, Chitose in 2. All were relevant. To say the most is wrong.

For me its just that those in Court 6, have likely been thrown into the fodder can. Which is why I imagine Yukimura was removed from their.
    I believe Sengoku is forgotten character. I liked him, but from his introduction he never really improved.
    Sengoku VS Kikumaru would now be a good match. I personally would go for Kikumaru.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuji normally evolves in a pinch. Although it could be that he just didnt give a crap. Unless they told us that Fuji didnt give a crap about the match, then its unclear.
    Fuji is a world above Kita and Nitobe. Kita and Nitobe didnt even get invited to the camp.
    Fuji didn't get any power ups until the very end of Kanto, but we know for example that he just never used Hakugei before the Hyoutei match. At that point in the series, Fuji doesn't really care about winning or losing (see the flashback to his conversation with Tezuka).

Also, Kita/Nitobe not getting invited is irrelevant for a discussion of the Tokyo tournament.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuji didn't get any power ups until the very end of Kanto, but we know for example that he just never used Hakugei before the Hyoutei match. At that point in the series, Fuji doesn't really care about winning or losing (see the flashback to his conversation with Tezuka).

Also, Kita/Nitobe not getting invited is irrelevant for a discussion of the Tokyo tournament.
    Regardless of Power-Ups, he was all over the opponents he had faced. While Nitobe/Kita went on to lose to Mori/Uchimura pair of Fudomine.
    I still dont see how Konomi justified Nitobe/Kita pair defeating Fuji/Kawamura.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Regardless of Power-Ups, he was all over the opponents he had faced. While Nitobe/Kita went on to lose to Mori/Uchimura pair of Fudomine.
    I still dont see how Konomi justified Nitobe/Kita pair defeating Fuji/Kawamura.
    I guess them losing against Mori/Uchimura (and Sengoku losing to Kamio) is supposed to show that Fudomine improved since the beginning of the series and Yamabuki didn't? Can't really help you with that one.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess them losing against Mori/Uchimura (and Sengoku losing to Kamio) is supposed to show that Fudomine improved since the beginning of the series and Yamabuki didn't? Can't really help you with that one.
    What you gave just didnt justify why Fuji lost with the way he was so highly regarded even then, to lose a solid 6-3? Nah. You havent justified it. And its no big deal.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3