Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What if you woke up in the Gantz room...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What if you woke up in the Gantz room...

Hahahahahahaha! I remember some people on here saying they'd do some outrageous things if they where given Gantz tech.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    The characters are often funny. I don't think the violence is though. I could kind of see how some of it could be seen to be funny, but I think the tone is very different from something like Ichii the Killer. Gantz is a lot more serious and the characters are more meaningful (at least to me). I don't find it funny when they get hurt. That's not to say I'm against the violence or anything. It's Gantz ffs! I just don't treat it as the joke that you do.
    your flat out lying if you didn't bust your ass off laughing when Inaba tried to jump over the 100 pointer and had all his limbs explode

>____>

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sollum's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

What the fuck?
    That smiley looks awesome.

kliff2004 made a good point. You're dead anyways and will probably die soon, what's there to stop you?
    Raping not fun, blowing up buildings... F*CK YEAH!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

My conscience hopefully.

I'd abuse the gantz tech but I wouldn't rape somebody. TBH I don't think I would enjoy ruining someone's life in that way.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What the fuck?

jeez... I wish the ignore list blocked peoples quotes of that person too.

Anyway. It depends on what you mean OP. I wasn't quite sure, are you saying how we would react if we appeared in the Gantz room with full knowledge of the Gantz manga or if we were just generally in the situation not knowing what's going on.

With knowledge of the manga, I would probably be a bit relieved. Because if I died...even if I was just a copy I would have gotten a second chance at life. And despite all those horrible situations they've been through, the thought of the people I loved and never being able to see them again would feel worse. I would fight, survive another day to get out of that room to see them and hopefully getting 100pts to be free. I'd hate to admit it though. But I probably wouldn't risk myself for my teammates or resurrect people that have died in the game. I would have to survive!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well at least I'd not lrt myself down to rape ppl, that's for sure....

If i woke up in the Gantz room and had the knowledge I got now, the first thing i would do is putting the suit on of course and observing the people in the room.

I would think about who would be a good teammate, who was in the game already and has some skills and stick by those people.

I would also try to help newbies to at least get on their suit and explain them how the weapon works.
    In the game i would try to keep myself in the backround of the veterans, so i could help out but minimaze the danger to myself (going invisible of course).

If the mission is easy, I would immadietly try to gather points without having remorses because i know what happens if the aliens are not killed.

When the game ended, first thing i would check is when Katastrophe will occur.
    If it occurs at a time when i am old or dead, then i would aim for getting 100 points and getting out of the game.

If Kaastrophe will occur soon i would try to make a group much like toky team did and make the team stick together so they can fight more effectively and i would tell them about what will happen.

We then could start getting better weapons and prepare ourselves emotionally on what will come.

Outside of the room I would abuse the Gantz technology for a little bit.
    it would not help me much because i dont get in physical conflicts often, but it would sure be fun if it happened. At least,i would wear the suit nonstop.

Invisibility would come in handy tho to get into discos, cinemas, concerts and so on for free.

Ofc, i would do preparations for my death, if it happened, because i know it could happen soon.
    I would write my last will and distribute all my stuff to where i want it to go.

Aside from that, i would try to live as normal as somehow possible.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hey now >__>

Some of the best gantzer's are rapists!

Forever rain blocked me.

That makes me a sad panda =(
    Last edited by kliff2004; May 26, 2012 at 10:00 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shionoro View Post
    Ofc, i would do preparations for my death, if it happened, because i know it could happen soon.
    I would write my last will and distribute all my stuff to where i want it to go.
    ? What

No one will know you're dead.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BL-Tomoe's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

He means, that the chances for dying again are good enough to think on that kind of stuff... xD

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: What if you woke up in the Gantz room...

Id do the same as shinrono sorry for the misspell.Anyways Id do the same except id ask gantz to teleport me to beyounces house so that i could see her showing and then will you guys proably have a rough idea aye.lol

God that Ass

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    hey now >__>

Some of the best gantzer's are rapists!

Forever rain blocked me.

That makes me a sad panda =(
    Hahaha as if their penchant for rape is somehow connected to their skill as Gantzers. Kuwabara was really the only stand out rapist all the others have been quite poor really.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AxelCross's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would gather all of my loved ones and do some serious killing point gathering with each and every one of them under my vehemently rage-fueled protection (sprinkled with love). One is strongest when protecting something precious to them (thanks, Haku!). I would enjoy every second of the power but I would also attempt to keep my ego under control lest I pull an Osaka-team and get chopped in half by an alien or an otherwise insane Gantzer (the guy in here who says he would rape people would be my first victim were he to peddle across my inescapable domain) while I'm reveling in the destruction. Building points is the key so I'd have to keep my precious friends/family in a safe place but close enough to where if any of them are in danger I can dash over and crush whomsoever is foolish enough to attempt to hurt them and their existence into a void. I'd imagine that my own life wouldn't be my priority at all so I probably wouldn't have the mindset of living too long, except then I'd realize that this world is mostly hopeless and that those I hold dearest to me are counting on me and then I'd go Super Sayian.

...What? While we're dreaming in la-la land, we might as well go all the way. But srsly, as long as I have something to protect and to live for, an army of 100-pointers wouldn't be able to stop my torrential resolve and unstoppable force (against an immovable object loljoker). Siiigh... It is the definition of a double-edged sword. That world would be so terrible to live in because it would be an endless battle of destruction and the people that let me live my life with happiness would be in turmoil every single second, yet I would be given the chance to protect them whilst enjoying my darker side and imbuing the undeniable lesson into my foes that if you fuck with someone who will gladly rip your very being, soul and meager body into flayed pieces of flesh despite dying himself, said foe will no longer exist in the realm of the tangible.
    In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade.
    Hopelessly drifting, bathing in beautiful agony.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After chapter 368 If I was in that situation I would so bring back that Black Giant chick and Will you know where this is headed.Wish Gantz had a Hypno beam or something ala Lelouch geass of absolute obediance..Ahhhhhh Life is so not fair.I want to FUCK A THAT BLACK LOOKING GIANT SO BADDDDDDDDDDDD.Damn you oka

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

first of all, i really don't know if i am good
    however,
    To be honest, ever since i saw characters like kato, i would like to use him as a model, be a good leader, if no one has high hope on survival.
    honestly, i dont know if i would be chickened out(imagine if the aliens(the tough kind) are real, staring at you), it's highly possible that i would freeze or pee but still, i don't think i would give up easily, even if i cant manage to control my body.

For those who think you would rape or make fun of the others using your weapons, i think you guys are too naive,
    i am pretty confident that almost everyone will become quite moodless and really try to get things work everyday after the first mission, the only exception is those who have strong will like kurono
    Once you are in, you have to be always ready for your hellish,futureless life, not to mention one day you will be kicked in the ass by alien, everything would seems unfunny, you would think nothing but to get as much point as quick as possible to get the hell out of gantz.

The character I would like to be: Katou
    The character I would most likely be: Katou

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2