Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: New Prince of Tennis Manga vs. Anime?

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    New Prince of Tennis Manga vs. Anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    The New PoT Anime skipped Nakagauchi VS Krauser, Shiraishi/Kirihara VS Miyako/Matsudaira and had the cheek TO FOCUS on the Mountain Climbing.

    The Anime guys are criminals to the storyline.
    While it is a shame that the Nakagauchi VS Krauser and Shiraishi/Kirihara VS Miyako/Matsudaira matches got skipped, there is evidence to support that those matches may be animated on DVD, making this a null argument. Other than that, the mountain training focus was pretty good, and gave us an idea as to how the losers got so strong.

    Skipping matches notwithstanding, the NPoT anime blows the manga out've the water. More reasons to come soon.
    Last edited by Kaoz; May 06, 2012 at 07:13 AM. Reason: added prefix

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Prince of Tennis Manga vs. Anime?

    I didn't like the fact they are trying to separate canon tennis matches into some "extra content" and replacing it with filler. Sure, sometimes it is good and beneficial to the story, but sometimes it isn't. I want to see tennis, not a social club. That aside, there are a lot of good that came with it.

  3. #3
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Prince of Tennis Manga vs. Anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    While it is a shame that the Nakagauchi VS Krauser and Shiraishi/Kirihara VS Miyako/Matsudaira matches got skipped, there is evidence to support that those matches may be animated on DVD, making this a null argument.
    I disagree with this. Just because those matches might be released on DVD, doesn't mean it's suddenly not a problem that they weren't in the anime itself. People have to pay extra for them afterall, not everyone might be able to get them etc. and it simply messes with the way the overall story is presented.

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #4
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Prince of Tennis Manga vs. Anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    While it is a shame that the Nakagauchi VS Krauser and Shiraishi/Kirihara VS Miyako/Matsudaira matches got skipped, there is evidence to support that those matches may be animated on DVD, making this a null argument. Other than that, the mountain training focus was pretty good, and gave us an idea as to how the losers got so strong.

    Skipping matches notwithstanding, the NPoT anime blows the manga out've the water. More reasons to come soon.
    It didnt. Unless your a big fan of Prince of Mountain Climbing, Your insane for that. The detail and tension from Atobe VS Irie was missing, Yamato VS Tezuka was far more talk than action and they simply repeated ONE Yamato swing and serve toss more than 5 times for the match.

    The Anime didnt do that well.
    Im sorry but skipping Yukimura VS Sanada tie-break is unforgivable. Its amongst the BEST moments in PoT.

    Unfortunately it isnt better than the Nationals OVAs which it came after and also the SPoT OST's are appalling overall. I heard them all and they replaced Honki Mode with a horrible remix.

    To say it blows the manga out of the water is wrong.

  6. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Prince of Tennis Manga vs. Anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I disagree with this. Just because those matches might be released on DVD, doesn't mean it's suddenly not a problem that they weren't in the anime itself. People have to pay extra for them afterall, not everyone might be able to get them etc. and it simply messes with the way the overall story is presented.
    Okay? Anime is made purely for the money in the first place. "People having to pay extra isn't going to convince me," considering someone will likely upload it to the internet anyhow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    It didnt. Unless your a big fan of Prince of Mountain Climbing, Your insane for that.
    So you mean to tell me that the mountain arc was better in the manga? That the way the anime actually developed the characters in that arc was bad?

    Quote Quote:
    The detail and tension from Atobe VS Irie was missing,
    How so?

    Quote Quote:
    Yamato VS Tezuka was far more talk than action and they simply repeated ONE Yamato swing and serve toss more than 5 times for the match.
    What the heck, it went just as it did in the manga, except they elaborated on Illusion to a Waking Dream more. I don't think you realize how the transition from one page of a comic to a full-blown animation works.

    Quote Quote:
    Im sorry but skipping Yukimura VS Sanada tie-break is unforgivable. Its amongst the BEST moments in PoT.
    Honestly, no. Sanada vs. Yukimura wasn't that great of a match even in the manga. I think people hype it up just because it's Sanada vs. Yukimura. BA's the only good that came from it.

  7. #6
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Prince of Tennis Manga vs. Anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Okay? Anime is made purely for the money in the first place. "People having to pay extra isn't going to convince me," considering someone will likely upload it to the internet anyhow.
    So because you can watch it for free, illegally, it's not an issue? Also nice to see that you ignored the other two parts.

  8. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Prince of Tennis Manga vs. Anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Okay? Anime is made purely for the money in the first place. "People having to pay extra isn't going to convince me," considering someone will likely upload it to the internet anyhow.
    So for people that got money and want to buy DVD, it's a better quality. For everyone else, the anime is just a bad version of the manga. It really mess with the way overall story is presented. Mountain Training could have been the extra content on disc instead.

    I'm also not sure how it'll be adept when it came to other countries, like mine. They might just translated the original version and give it to us as is without the "extra" content even in DVD version. You may say it's not anime problem, but if there's gap like and that people can see it like that, it is a gap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Honestly, no. Sanada vs. Yukimura wasn't that great of a match even in the manga. I think people hype it up just because it's Sanada vs. Yukimura. BA's the only good that came from it.

    If people like it because it is Yukimura vs Sanada, what's wrong with it? They want to see it animated. They didn't. They can complain about it.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  9. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Prince of Tennis Manga vs. Anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    So because you can watch it for free, illegally, it's not an issue? Also nice to see that you ignored the other two parts.
    Don't get fresh.

    I said, for them to release extra content on DVD isn't something I can blame them for. They're doing this to make money. The people who buy the DVDs are getting what they paid for and then some. Why you, as fans who watch it for free on the internet (mind you I never said illegally, as Crunchyroll is legit) believe you have a legit right to complain is something I'm not understanding. If you really want to see the story presented in a more proper manner, they want you to buy the DVDs. That's just business, and if that's a problem for you then good luck changing the system.

    Not everyone may be able to afford it? Not everyone may be able to even afford a TV, or even afford the original manga. I don't see how you can use this as a valid point, actually.

    It messes up with how the overall story is presented. Explain what you mean by that, exactly. Because, no matter how you look at it, SPoT is a rushed product, manga and anime-wise.


    Quote Quote:
    If people like it because it is Yukimura vs Sanada, what's wrong with it? They want to see it animated. They didn't. They can complain about it.
    Ah, okay. Cool story, then.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; May 06, 2012 at 02:16 PM.

  10. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Prince of Tennis Manga vs. Anime?

    Here,

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I'm also not sure how it'll be adept when it came to other countries, like mine. They might just translated the original version and give it to us as is without the "extra" content even in DVD version. You may say it's not anime problem, but if there's gap like and that people can see it like that, it is a gap.
    I think you're missing my main point. My main point is that even if the Japanese got their matches on their dvd. Other countries, like mine, might not get it, even if it does came over to my country. And if it's not their on my dvd when I buy it, it just make SPoT as a bad anime rather than better than the manga.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  11. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Prince of Tennis Manga vs. Anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I think you're missing my main point. My main point is that even if the Japanese got their matches on their dvd. Other countries, like mine, might not get it, even if it does came over to my country. And if it's not their on my dvd when I buy it, it just make SPoT as a bad anime rather than better than the manga.
    Other countries shouldn't even be considered. The odds of other countries getting SPoT is . . . Let me just put it this way: if your country didn't get the Nationals, it's very unlikely you'd get SPoT.

  12. #11
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Prince of Tennis Manga vs. Anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Other countries shouldn't even be considered. The odds of other countries getting SPoT is . . . Let me just put it this way: if your country didn't get the Nationals, it's very unlikely you'd get SPoT.
    My country does get National OVA. It's even Thai dub. And I'm not sure if I'll get that extra content. It's very inconsistent.

    I think other countries should of course be considered. They are all watching and buying the "same" product. If they don't get extra content, then SPoT (anime) will be inferior to SPoT (manga) in their opinion.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  13. #12
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Prince of Tennis Manga vs. Anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Don't get fresh.

    I said, for them to release extra content on DVD isn't something I can blame them for. They're doing this to make money. The people who buy the DVDs are getting what they paid for and then some. Why you, as fans who watch it for free on the internet (mind you I never said illegally, as Crunchyroll is legit) believe you have a legit right to complain is something I'm not understanding. If you really want to see the story presented in a more proper manner, they want you to buy the DVDs. That's just business, and if that's a problem for you then good luck changing the system.
    Your asking us to compare the Anime to Manga. Of course im grateful for getting it for free but that is besides the actual point of comparing the two.
    The anime skipped vital things. It was a flop. The OST's are poor, Are you telling me the Team Shuffle felt LESS rushed in the anime than it did in the manga to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    It messes up with how the overall story is presented. Explain what you mean by that, exactly. Because, no matter how you look at it, SPoT is a rushed product, manga and anime-wise.
    Skipping Yuki VS Sanada so nobody knows about BA doesnt sound like messing up the story to you? Are you kidding?
    Krauser VS Nakagauchi and Shiraishi/Kirihara VS Miyako/Matsudaira means we miss Golden Gauntlet Removal and Angel Mode and you incapable of seeing how it ruins the story?

    ---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    So you mean to tell me that the mountain arc was better in the manga? That the way the anime actually developed the characters in that arc was bad?
    At the EXPENSE of the few FULL MATCHES we got from SPoT???
    Most of our matches in SPoT have been horrible One-Page-Kills or Few-Page-Kills, and the horrible 8 or 9 matches during the BJB Revolution.
    With Momoshiro VS Oni, the Team Shuffle(Minus Tachibana/Chitose VS Washio/Suzuki) and this current Atobe/Niou VS Mouri/Ochi being our only ones.

    The anime actually took TWO of those from us. All for Prince of Mountain Climbing. Had they given us matches I wouldnt care how they spent the rest of the anime time. But to think Prince of Mountain Climbing is a better idea than showing us tennis in a Tennis Manga is crazy.
    A whole ep. on the Ina Bauer crap? I didnt even watch it coz I saw all these jokes online from it.

    ---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

    The Manga from the beginning til the Loser's return defeats the Anime so far.
    The Anime was a rushed adaptation of a rushed manga.

  14. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Prince of Tennis Manga vs. Anime?

    Why do I feel as if this thread is just an all-out attack on the one guy whose opinion is different from everyone else's? Not that I'm trying to play victim, but sheesh.

  15. #14
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Prince of Tennis Manga vs. Anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Why do I feel as if this thread is just an all-out attack on the one guy whose opinion is different from everyone else's? Not that I'm trying to play victim, but sheesh.
    Everyone else's? You made a thread with a specific question. You gave you reasons and now they are being challenged.
    If its too much to explain why you think in a Tennis Manga its better to show Lots of Mountain Climbing and Ina Bauer stuff INSTEAD of actual Tennis and the other points ppl have listed then why make the thread?

  16. #15
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Prince of Tennis Manga vs. Anime?

    If i had to choose only to watch one, I would choose the manga, mostly because it shows important parts of the story. However, the anime is very good at what it shows. I would prefer more tennis and less filler crap in anime sure. Maybe what they choosed to show is not the best, but what they showed , they did it very well.
    Honestly I don't like Manga in general, I mean the presentation, Sadly I'm "forced" to read the manga of the animes, since the adaptation distillation is sometimes too much.
    I think they kind of compliment each other since some things I like more in the manga and some more in the anime.
    I think BOTH the anime and the manga failed to present a good matchup in Yuki vs Sanada. And then they go spend a lot of time in oishi vs kiku, or even worse, Kaidoh vs Tezuka (just show 6-0 and let it go).

    Overall I agree that I would prefer to have more tennis than what SPoT is giving us. (though it seems they are doing that in Oichi/Mauri vs Atobe/Niou)

New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts