Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Hokage Free For All

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tree lover wins

6 66.67%
  • Ice man wins

0 0%
  • Old man wins

0 0%
  • Flash guy wins

0 0%
  • Slug lady wins

0 0%
  • Bandaged man wins

2 22.22%
  • They all die

1 11.11%
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hokage Free For All

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hokage Free For All

The line "I can't afford to waste time, my wounds are too deep" pretty much seals the deal for me. He thought he could take out Tobi in a flash by using that eye... imho thats not something a "small influence" can do, considering Danzou's condition at that point of time.

I'm not saying he can make people his Thralls, but he can implant all kinds of stupid ideas into them, like making Hashirama believe its a good idea to trust Danzou and team up with him until all other fighters are down for the count. While they fight as a team Danzou can place his paralyzing seal on Hashirama without the latter even noticing it, and once everyone else is out of the picture he activates that seal and decapitates Hashirama with his Futon-Blade.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@LnDRash

At best i can give Danzou the ability to make Hashirama belive he needs to take others out first as they are a greater threat. But team up with him and helping him when this is a fight to the death? Going from wanting to kill Danzou to helping the man and teaming up? No way.

By placing a sugestion that Tobi can hit him NOW so he would go tangible and try to strike a Danzou that was not actualy there would get a fast win for Danzou. Creating small distractions like that is diferent them mind controling people to become your frinds from whanting to kill you.

But not only that he has 1 use of it and then the he is DEAD as he sure as hell can't stay alive with no Izanagi (he does not start with his hand sealed).

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    When the OP states nothing about Danzou starting with his hand unsealed? He will die before he can even remove the seals.
    Not necessarily. While not a speedster, Danzo showed enough speed and maneuverability in battle to manage against most attacks, plus the Sharingan for prediction. Unless Hashirama or Minato are the ones to personally attack him right off the bat, he should have enough time to at least summon his Baku to cover him while he removes the seals, and Danzo being specifically targeted doesn't seem likely with five other people on the field.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility
    I think far too much is being attributed to Danzou. It seems as though any and every Sharingan feat or modicum of strength, including those of Itachi, is being considered as reasonable components of his repertoire. Danzou has also never shown any sort of direct mind control, he has shown the ability to make suggestions or influence the decisions of others, something that has been shown as possible to overcome.
    Well, we can actually go down the list and reveal instances where Danzou's Sharingan has revealed impressive feats.

1: He used Shisui's eye as a regular Sharingan which allowed him to predict movements from I think it was... 12 opponents hidden in the woods attempting to kill him? He used one of the downed opponents to block a bunch of thrown blades thrown by opponents hiding behind trees. This feat proves his ability to see chakra aswell as predict movements is on par with any other 3 tomoe Sharingan.

2: When Danzou saw through Sasuke's Tsukuyomi the first time, we see a close-up of the Sharingan on his arms twitching, as if they were aiding him in seeing through the Genjutsu. His protection from Genjutsu, thanks to this scan, may or may not be attributed to his Sharingan prowess (I'm going with a yes though).

3: He does indeed have access to Kotoamatsukami from all implications. He hasn't shown direct and complete mind control but he DOES, as stated in the manga, have access to a tool that allows him to do so.

Quote Quote:
    None of the Kages have shown abilities that would overcome the power attributed to Hashirama. As such, I give the victory to Hashirama.
    Not even Izanagi? The ability to alter your personal reality? Opponent kills you, you sacrifice an eye, appear behind him and then decapitate them? I'd agree with Hashirama winning were it not for this. Though I guess there's always the off chance that Hashirama can force Danzo's arm to kill him. That'd be hilarious.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Not necessarily. While not a speedster, Danzo showed enough speed and maneuverability in battle to manage against most attacks, plus the Sharingan for prediction. Unless Hashirama or Minato are the ones to personally attack him right off the bat, he should have enough time to at least summon his Baku to cover him while he removes the seals, and Danzo being specifically targeted doesn't seem likely with five other people on the field.
    Considering Hashirama is there the entire place is going to be a deathtrap. Where is he going to go considering what Madara showed with "Hashirama power". Him holding his hand busy and he can't even do jutsus, any Kage going his way would be death for him. Aside from the second that we know jack about the rest are all able to keep Danzou busy so he can't unseal his hand. There is no way he fights anybody with no hands.
    At best he could genjutsu someone with his sharingan eye to make him shoot his magic somewhere else but i don't see how he can buy MINUTES to unseal that arm.

Even Tsunade going his way and summoning his slug to 1 shoot that baku with acid and would force Danzou to start using his hands to make jutsus.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering Hashirama is there the entire place is going to be a deathtrap. Where is he going to go considering what Madara showed with "Hashirama power". Him holding his hand busy and he can't even do jutsus, any Kage going his way would be death for him. Aside from the second that we know jack about the rest are all able to keep Danzou busy so he can't unseal his hand. There is no way he fights anybody with no hands.
    At best he could genjutsu someone with his sharingan eye to make him shoot his magic somewhere else but i don't see how he can buy MINUTES to unseal that arm.

Even Tsunade going his way and summoning his slug to 1 shoot that baku with acid and would force Danzou to start using his hands to make jutsus.
    But again, that would only be something to worry if Hashirama directly focuses on Danzo. Him just springing up a forest wouldn't necessarily be dangerous as we saw when Madara did it. The most danger he could pose indirectly would be with the pollen and by that time Danzo should have his Baku out to suck any pollen in his area up.

Danzo can still preform his ninjutsus with his arm sealed, he just seemingly can't use Izanagi/Mokuton. And I doubt he needs minutes, as it didn't seem to take more then a moment to unseal just one of the three bolts. He should be very well able to unseal in less then a minute, maybe a whole minute if he has to defend too, but not much more. And with the Baku's suction, anyone in the path should have a hard time standing or running on the ground, much less attacking Danzo, with Hashirama again being the exception.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lemonadez's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Doesn't necessarily mean KA though, it can just as well mean normal Sharingan genjutsu. Maybe Danzou hadn't mastered advanced Sharingan technique to the point it'd take up less chakra for him.
    Explain how Tobi put Genjutsu on Kyuubi with just normal sharingan?

Even Itachi said this you need to have Mangekyou Sharingan to control Kyuubi. But in the end Tobi able to control kyuubi with just normal sharingan.

If Danzou didn't master the advance Sharingan, he would not be able to use Izanagi..

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonadez View Post
    Explain how Tobi put Genjutsu on Kyuubi with just normal sharingan?

Even Itachi said this you need to have Mangekyou Sharingan to control Kyuubi. But in the end Tobi able to control kyuubi with just normal sharingan.

If Danzou didn't master the advance Sharingan, he would not be able to use Izanagi..
    Tobi has shown no signs of being able to use MS. If he can use his Sharingan, why not MS as well? The tomoes have stayed in Sharingan mode. Same with Madara, he was able to control Kyuubi with his normal Sharingan.

Danzou doesn't need to master the advanced Sharingan. Looks like Izanagi requires seals and at least one Sharingan eye to use.

HOnestly, I doubt the Izanagi will help. He could have used the chance to cut Sasuke's head off but never did it. Hashirama and Minato at the least are perfect counter to Izanagi - solid defense, good healing, and teleportation if in trouble.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Rikudou King

Not only the forest but also the polen thing. He would sufocate them all.

Also you don't know the specifics of removing those seals, perhaps its not just popping bolts. The hand was unsealed only the fight, even after Tobi even had time to pop in his dimension and pull Sasuke out with Karin:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/475/17

Also what i meant by not using jutsus is if he keeps his hands busy by removing the bolts. I am aware that he can create jutsus IF he is using his hands but that would mean he is not busy removing the bolts and what not.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Even without Kotoamatsukami, Danzo should win this. With Izanagi, he has ten extra lives over everyone else. All he has to do is allow them to take each other out and then go after the tired winner.

Technically we saw the cooldown wasn't very long. It was available to Danzo again near the end of his fight with Sasuke after the usage at the summit, at most a hour or so later.
    No. Izanagi alone can't defeat the 5 kages. HAShirama can easily kill that ten extra lives with ease. And so is minato, hiruzen and tobirama.

And we don't know the exact ability of shisui's koto. And i think itachi clearly stated that the cooldown of shisui's koto is 10 years. At the summit, i think danzo was just using the normal sharingan genjutsu of shisui.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    No. Izanagi alone can't defeat the 5 kages. HAShirama can easily kill that ten extra lives with ease. And so is minato, hiruzen and tobirama.

And we don't know the exact ability of shisui's koto. And i think itachi clearly stated that the cooldown of shisui's koto is 10 years. At the summit, i think danzo was just using the normal sharingan genjutsu of shisui.
    First off Izanagi is not 1 eye = 1 death. Is 1 eye = minutes of death. In Danzou's case its 60 seconds of reversing death / eye. So in total he has some 10 minutes of god mode, he can keep ending up dead for that time. Problem is actualy removing the seals on his arm...

Secondly we don't know if Danzou is using that MS genjutsu or on Itachi's level true but he does not need 10 years for the CD as he has Hashirama DNA.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not only the forest but also the polen thing. He would sufocate them all.

Also you don't know the specifics of removing those seals, perhaps its not just popping bolts. The hand was unsealed only the fight, even after Tobi even had time to pop in his dimension and pull Sasuke out with Karin:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/475/17

Also what i meant by not using jutsus is if he keeps his hands busy by removing the bolts. I am aware that he can create jutsus IF he is using his hands but that would mean he is not busy removing the bolts and what not.
    Between his Baku and wind techniques, Danzo should have the best means to counter the airborne pollen.

True, we don't know what unsealing it actually entails, But I will say that it didn't appear he spent the whole time dealing with the gauntlet. And by the time Tobi brought Sasuke out, Danzo was slowly unwrapping the bandage around them, which I doubt would be necessary to use Izanagi. As for his hand usage, seeing as his techniques mainly come from his mouth, him taking the time to form handselas would still allow for his hands to be near the gauntlet in order for him to quickly go back to unsealing it.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post

Where exactly did I claim that Izanagi would be used to defeat all the Hokages? Danzo doesn't need to fight everyone. Since it's a six-way free-for-all, he merely has to bide his time until the others take each other out and then focus on whoever survives. And I think you're underestimating the usefulness of Izanagi. Without foreknowledge, a person would easily be caught off guard by it, since it allows Danzo to reappear anywhere on the field he wants. You add his paralyzing touch seal to that and Danzo could easily

The description that Aoi gave for it was the exact same one Itachi gave for Kotoamatsukami. Makes absolutely no sense that Shisui would have a regular genjutsu with the exact same power as his MS genjutsu. Besides, that was one of the reasons Danzo had Hashirama's Dna added to Shisui's arm, so he wouldn't be affected by said drawbacks.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Rikudou King

What could Baku do? Constantly blowing wind the other way? A wind curent could be created that would suck some other air back around somehow. But Hashirama does not just creates the flowers, the entire area is going to be full of roots grabing at crep, that summon is going to get tangled and squashed. The bloody things can hold the Kyuubi (and its not just stoping his chakra, we noticed them actualy holding the Kyuubi, same for Naruto in 4 tails).

You don't even know what those wraps where. What if they had a special ability used in that sealing? Now i am not stating its defenetly so but we should asume he needs to remove them here just like in the manga for him to have acces to Izanagi.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What could Baku do? Constantly blowing wind the other way? A wind curent could be created that would suck some other air back around somehow. But Hashirama does not just creates the flowers, the entire area is going to be full of roots grabing at crep, that summon is going to get tangled and squashed. The bloody things can hold the Kyuubi (and its not just stoping his chakra, we noticed them actualy holding the Kyuubi, same for Naruto in 4 tails).

You don't even know what those wraps where. What if they had a special ability used in that sealing? Now i am not stating its defenetly so but we should asume he needs to remove them here just like in the manga for him to have acces to Izanagi.
    Create a vacuum to pull all the pollen in and/or amplify his counterattack. I'm quite sure, from what we've seen of Yamato and Madara, that Hashirama would have to consciously have the roots grab at things. So it pretty much goes back to where Hashirama's focus is, because it wouldn't only be Danzo and his Baku Hashirama would be watching. Katsuya, Emma, Gamabunta or another toad, Hashirama would potentially have to deal with multiple summons in addition to the Hokages. Presuming they fought smart, they would all aim to take him out first.

He has the same sort of wrapping around Shisui's Sharingan, and he had no trouble using it's ability. Not to mention we know at least one of the reasons why he had to remove them, because he had to see the Sharingans themselves in order to know how many he had left.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Where exactly did I claim that Izanagi would be used to defeat all the Hokages? Danzo doesn't need to fight everyone. Since it's a six-way free-for-all, he merely has to bide his time until the others take each other out and then focus on whoever survives. And I think you're underestimating the usefulness of Izanagi. Without foreknowledge, a person would easily be caught off guard by it, since it allows Danzo to reappear anywhere on the field he wants. You add his paralyzing touch seal to that and Danzo could easily
    The thing is, izanagi also needs alot of chakra. That's the reason why danzo needs to deactivate the izanagi just to conserve his chakra. But fighting the 5 kages, danzo can't used that trick. ANd no, i'm pretty sure tsunade and hiruzen will going to fight danzo head on. Hiruzen alone can defeat danzo, even if he has the izanagi.

The description that Aoi gave for it was the exact same one Itachi gave for Kotoamatsukami. Makes absolutely no sense that Shisui would have a regular genjutsu with the exact same power as his MS genjutsu. Besides, that was one of the reasons Danzo had Hashirama's Dna added to Shisui's arm, so he wouldn't be affected by said drawbacks.
    No. Itachi has a regular genjutsu. So i'm pretty sure shisui also has the regular genjutsu. Judging from bee's comment, shisui was also known as the greatest genjutsu user of the uchiha. Meaning, his normal genjutsu and his MS genjutsu are the greatest genjutsu ever in the uchiha clan.

The problem with your assumption is, why danzo never used the MS genjutsu of shisui,( if he knows how to used it) on sasuke? He was beaten by sasuke but why he never used that koto? So maybe danzo can't activate the MS of shisui.

If he can, then he was the biggest idiot and stupid ninja of all.

If he can activate the koto, then he can used it on sasuke and not by making karin as his hostage. Overall, it doesnt' make any sense if danzo has the koto and he never used as his last trump card to save his life.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast