Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Your reaction to hearing Claymore might have ended?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 30.00%
  • I'll wait to see if it's true before freaking out.

17 56.67%
  • Good Riddence

1 3.33%
  • But I just want to see Galatea one last time...

3 10.00%
New Reply

Thread: Claymore 126- Parting and Demise- Review

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Claymore 126- Parting and Demise- Review

Claymore Scene156- Parting and Demise- Review

I think that before anything else this month I need to address two little words. These two words have sent the entire Claymore fandom into a panic. The End. Written at the back of the Chapter, where normally we see that Claymore will be in next month's issue. This has set off a frenzy, as everyone went looking all over to try to find information, and see if this was true. It seems that someone in Japan eventually e-mailed Jump Q to ask. And it was just a typo. But I wanted to hold off on my review until something was known for sure. Anyways here's the actual review.

Last month I asked what you wanted to see next. Amazingly only one person wanted to see what Dae was going to do. Two wanted to know what Cassandra was going to do. Three were interested in Raki meeting up with the ghosts, and three were interested in Galatea. And finally four wanted to see the fates of the Organizations members.

Dae and Rubel's Most Excellent Road Trip-
    We open with Dae and Rubel. Dae figures that if Rubel doesn't have anything else to do, how about he goes with Dae to see Priscilla. Dae doesn't know exactly where Priss is, but he seems to have an idea how to find her. Could it have something to do with how Cassandra wandered off? I do have to wonder what Rubel will do now that the Org has fallen. He's accomplished his mission after all. I would suppose he'd like to ensure Dae doesn't find something he can still turn into a weapon. The thing that worries me is how he'll do that. I wouldn't be surprised if Rubel wants the entire island destroyed just to be sure. This may have only been two pages of the chapter, but it was still very important for future developments.

The Horrible Truth-
    Meanwhile Miria, Helen, and Deneve are looking for the Black Coats. Raki told them that they all took off when the dead three awakened. Miria decides to split up, and tells the others to kill any Black Coats they find. But Miria already knows one place to look. She knows where the Organizations greatest secret is kept. Where the Descendents of Dragons are kept! And Rimuto is there too. He decides to play mister exposition. First of the proper name for the Descendents of Dragons is Asarakam. The are hermaphroditic creatures that undergo a awakening like process as part of their life cycle, can live to 200 years, and get stronger with age, and decay very fast. Rimuto probably doesn't say the best thing though when he says they are suffering too from having to fight them. He reveals that the organization combines the flesh from the two stages to create a parasite. The parasite infests a hosts brain. And this is the true nature of Yoma. What the warriors have been killing this whole time, are humans who have been infected with these parasites. Meaning the no killing humans rule was a complete and utter farce. And so Miria kills Rimuto. She then destroys the tubes keeping the Asarakam alive, causing them to dissolve.

Well we have a few things going on here. It seems like Miria hasn't changed much. She's still keeping things from even her closest allies in order to protect them. While she may want to spare them the pain of knowing they've been killing humans, it may cause problems in the long run. Killing a host infected with the parasite would be a mercy killing. At the very least I hope she shares what she learned about the Asarakam with the others. Maybe it'll never again be important, but maybe it will. As it is we learn a bit about these creatures. I wonder if the smaller one is really a good example of how they look. With as much as the Org took off it, I wouldn't be surprised if it was missing it's skin or something. Rimuto actually tries to appeal to Miria and gain some sympathy, telling her that they've suffered too. But since Miria had to kill her best friend because of the Org's lies, and lets not even get started on all the other horrors Yoma and Awakened have caused, it doesn't help.

Your All Free Now! (anyone get the reference?)

Of course Yuma is demonstrating her awesomeness by putting all the pieces back together for Audery's arm. Yuma being humble, tells her Cynthia is better at it. Miria shows up, and shows everyone Rimuto's head. The End. Well hopefully not.

Winner of the Month- The End- Two words, six letters, and they sent us all into a panic. Not bad for a typo.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Claymore 126- Parting and Demise- Review

i kinda took it that they awaken by choice or similar to claymores...because he made a point to say once they awaken to that form they could never go back(unlike isley,riful and such).

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 126- Parting and Demise- Review

Yeah, it seems to be permanent. Once their in the awakened form, they stay that way. What we don't have is much information on what their like personality wise. Do they undergo the personality shift Claymores do? Or does it stay the same? I'm inclined to think that they aren't as likely to turn around and attack their own side, unlike awakened. Otherwise they'd be too dangerous to use. Since this is a natural process, my guess is that it would be either some sort of defense mechanism. When the Asakaram, or a group of them is in serous danger, one awakens, or part of the natural growth, like catapiller to butterfly.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Blush Re: Claymore 126- Parting and Demise- Review

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    Yeah, it seems to be permanent. Once their in the awakened form, they stay that way. What we don't have is much information on what their like personality wise. Do they undergo the personality shift Claymores do? Or does it stay the same? I'm inclined to think that they aren't as likely to turn around and attack their own side, unlike awakened. Otherwise they'd be too dangerous to use. Since this is a natural process, my guess is that it would be either some sort of defense mechanism. When the Asakaram, or a group of them is in serous danger, one awakens, or part of the natural growth, like catapiller to butterfly.
    question is...how and why do they cooperate with the other side...and where are they from(earth,mars or what)...because both sides consist of humans,they look pretty aliens(to be from earth).
    Last edited by gnut; May 08, 2012 at 10:19 PM.

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheRussianMeatClob's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    Your All Free Now! (anyone get the reference?)
    It's from that super beyond over the top movie Riki-oh: The Story of Riki. Does I get a cookie now.
    Last edited by TheRussianMeatClob; May 09, 2012 at 11:45 AM.
    ".........." Killy's opinion on most things.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

So this claymore forum will be closed now that the manga ended?
    Anyways, the poll option should be "But I just want to see Clare one last time..." Clare fans outnumber Galatea fans by far
    Last edited by ClaFanN1; May 09, 2012 at 02:00 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRussianMeatClob View Post
    It's from that super beyond over the top movie Riki-oh: The Story of Riki. Does I get a cookie now.
    Right on! But I'm out of butter, so I can't make cookies. Sorry.

And ClaFanN1, the series isn't over. It seems it was just a typo. So no the forum shouldn't be closing I imagine.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

A typo? So The end must mean continues, makes sense

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking of dragon awakening in the same sense as insect metamorphosis until given reason to think otherwise. It cant be a monster making dysfunctional thing, because then the organizations nation would not be at a disadvantage & need the org. The dragons have to have a certain quality of life after metamorphosis/awakening.

BTW the OP touched on one of the several reasons why I've never been able to take the Claymore ending panic seriously. This chapter 126 started one new story-line, & fleshed out another.
    The Dragons on the mainland story-line has not been continued since Agatha. If Yagi had any intension of wrapping up, then taking another step down this road would just be an open sore for him & everyone else.
    Dae & Rubel, 'buddy cop's, or spy vs spy, keep your enemy close!', just kicked off a new story-line. That's not something a closing chapter would do. Thats a story that is actively & intentionally being set up. If the manga is ending, Yagi was not informed at the time this chapter was made.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree too much is going on for Claymore to end anytime soon, unless of course Yagi is forced to by the ultimate creativity killers of all!! EDITORS!! Lol.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Yomaslayer 95's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank god it was all just a mistake, way too many loose ends.
    I wouldn't survive without claymore...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Someday, you may have to learn to live without Claymore. I don't think Yagi plans to continue it forever. But hopefully we'll get an actual ending.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Yomaslayer 95's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Just kidding angillis.
    Now the only thing we can do is waiting for the next chapter.

New Reply