Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: What does Raizel do now?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go into hiding. (He is strong but the Union are many.)

0 0%
  • Go on the offensive (Roctis must pay!)

1 14.29%
  • Return to Lukedonia (With Roctis found, they will need him.)

1 14.29%
  • Guard the school (The Union is coming and he needs to keep his classmates safe.)

5 71.43%
  • Other(please post)

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 235 Review

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 235 Review

Nothing really to say here since my last poll was completely unanimous *pouts*. I shall have to try harder!

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

"I'm sorry Tao but your suffering from the early stages of... male pattern baldness."

This week begins with Roctis noticing, through his contract, that the 12th Elder is dead and informing the 9th Elder of his passing. The 9Th Elder is a puzzled about who would be strong enough to achieve this since the 12th Elder had been the recipient of both Roctis' power and his own personal modification work. Roctis replies that he can't be sure all he felt was the 12th's demise. Though the fact that the 12th Elder ran off and got into a situation where he could get killed didn't surprise either, as apparently the 12th Elder was always considered unworthy of his title.

Meanwhile at the battleground, Yontsu and Sangeen are in a state of shock and Frankenstein is extremely concerned about his master's welfare. We see some blood running down the side of Raizel's mouth and he simply said that this is not the place for a discussion about it and heads home ahead of Frankenstien and the rest.

Frankenstien turns his attention to the KSA agents and they recoil in terror, figuring they've seen something they shouldn't have and are about to "disappear"; but Frankenstein just suggests that they talk later, when time allows. They are stunned that he is going to allow them to leave, but he just asks them if anyone had told them to stay. They realize no-one had, and turn to leave. As they do so Frankstien calls out to them and sends them both into a cold sweat, but all he does is politely asks for them to tell no one of what they witnessed and to come find him later so they can have a proper discussion.

Later on, back in Frankenstein's lab they discuss what has just occurred. Tao has a hard time understanding how a Union Elder could turn into a grotesque bat creature. Finally accepting it as just the expected result from fighting Frankenstein and seems quite cheerful about the passing of his old boss.

Then the conversation moves to their medical conditions. Franky tells them is a miracle they aren't dead after the poundings they took. He also tells them that they are stable now but there are further tests he must do.

Regis then asks information about Roctis. Franky explains that the 12th Elder was contracted by Roctis therefor it's almost a certainty that Roctis is working with the Union. He then explains to the RK-4 that Roctis is the name of one of the Lukedonia traitors and someone who tried to kill Raizel. While they are digesting this he goes on to say that now that they have killed a Union Elder things are about to change. The Union will pursue this matter relentlessly and eventually they will them. A conflict with the Union is now unavoidable.

Raizel speaks up at this and tells them that he wants them all to leave. This place can no longer offer them them the lives they wished and walks away.

Chapter Review

Um...are you sure? Because you created a full sized tornado out of blood here like 5 seconds ago.

Substance

A storm is coming. A Union Elder is dead and the Union is going to want blood over it. Raizel asking the others to leave is all the proof of that anyone could ever need of that. Will they leave? Probably not. The real problem is, as long as Frankenstein's school is there, none of them can really leave. If that place was in danger every one of them would rush to it's defense and if the Union digs into the circumstances around the 12th Elder's death eventually they are going to end up at that school; and that means the students will be in danger.

The KSA's position is almost as bad. With the full force of the Union likely to fall on them because the Union Elder was killed in their territory; and worse they actually know the answers to the questions the Union is going to ask. How are Yontsu and Sangeen going to avoid telling them?

Then a third factor is that eventually the news of Roctis being a part of the Union is going to get back to Raskreia and the rest of the nobles; and that is not information that is likely to bring smiles. Unless we are talking about creepy murderous smiles.

Meanwhile Crombell and Yuri are probably off somewhere laughing their asses off about all of it. Though one has to wonder if they really know what they've begun. They might have intended to start a camp fire and ended up with a forest fire on their hands

Presentation

I thought the art was fairly average this week. Not bad points but not particularly good points. The only part that got much detail work were facial expressions and which is fitting in a chapter that was all dialogue.

Pacing was fine. Things slowed down and give the characters the chance to absorb all that's happened. They may have watched a Union Elder die but most hadn't really thought about what they meant until it had time to fully sink in. This showed that happening.

Final Rating

Technically a fairly average chapter that primarily focused on letting everything that happened in the last combat arc "sink in". It also served to preview for us that the status quo is going to be forced to change in the near future.

I give it a 3 out of 5

My Prediction
    • The RK-4 will not leave Raizel, they are his knights after all.

My Previous Predictions(Current Record 15-16)

None confirmed nor disproven.

Spoiler: Ongoing show

Thread Question of the Week
    What now? Do they run? Do they fight? What do you think they will do and why?
    Last edited by Jammin; May 08, 2012 at 08:36 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 235 Review

RK3 will stay for sure, but Seira and Regis might go back to Lukedonia with the news about Roctis.
    I might be getting ahead, but it's obvious for me that this is prelude to full-scale war. And even though Rai is a pacifist, I don't think he will go into hiding. I think that's what he would do before meeting Shinwoo, but now he's changed, I think. Which in turn makes me wonder who will be fighting Union... KSA? Nobles? Werewolves? I'm hoping for an alliance because Union is a huge organisation, and the traitors proved a group of modified humans can take out a clan leader.

edit: also, I love your captions xD
    Last edited by natli; May 08, 2012 at 12:08 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Another great review Jammin! Also another difficult poll question to answer, at least for me. I chose he will stay at the school but it was not easy to pick, I'm a bit unsure on what will happen.

Quote Quote:
    I hope Regis goes back to Lukedonia and hastens his coming of age ceremony. Seria as Natli said most likely would go back to Lukedoinia to tell the Queen the latest information about the traitors. As for the next turn of events - my eyes are glued.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Red Dog's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that the Elder is gone I wonder If Crombell will Inherit his position as the 12th Elder ?

Quote Quote:
    Thread Question of the Week
    The Million Dollar Question(s),I guess they'll stay still Raizel & Co will take whatever the Union throw at them it's just that Rai seemed so Unusual by telling the RKs to leave.....

Oh I have another question:What does franky wants with the KSA ?

@ Charlie,I believe Coming-of-Age Ceremony occurs when a Noble reaches 200 yo(Majority among Nobles ?),Regis's 199 right now so for him to undergo his ceremony now would be as if a teenager passes his Driving License before 18(or 16)

Personaly,Regis'll likely have his Ceremony when M-21's powers will fully awake...otherwise the Balance of power between the RKs's main Raiders could be off!
    Zettai-Teki Seigi/Absolute Justice

8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i think they will stop and see what is unions next move because rai is the one who make rule for team but if it was frank he would have attack on union. the old elder with white eyes i dont think he is blind because looking it unions technology i dont think they have any problem to change his eyes so i think he is werewolf.red is symbol of noble so maybe white for werewolf
    human + noble + werewolf = union

10. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    A storm is coming. A Union Elder is dead and the Union is going to want blood over it. Raizel asking the others to leave is all the proof of that anyone could ever need of that. Will they leave? Probably not. The real problem is, as long as Frankenstein's school is there, none of them can really leave. If that place was in danger every one of them would rush to it's defense and if the Union digs into the circumstances around the 12th Elder's death eventually they are going to end up at that school; and that means the students will be in danger.
    First, the elders didn't seem to regard 12th Elder that much to want to avenge his death. They will just be curious, who can wipe out an elder no matter how they underestimate him, and his mini army... I don't think RK-4 and Seira will leave either. Well, leave as in not staying in the school anymore, maybe, but I believe they will stick around with Frank and Rai wherever they go to. And since Frank and Rai won't go anywhere and protect the school... So I think. XD

The KSA's position is almost as bad. With the full force of the Union likely to fall on them because the Union Elder was killed in their territory; and worse they actually know the answers to the questions the Union is going to ask. How are Yontsu and Sangeen going to avoid telling them?
    I think these two will go and hide. It won't be wise if they try to find their director in this situation where they haven't talked with Frank and Rai at all... Like you said, they won't know what to say, and it'll be dangerous.

Then a third factor is that eventually the news of Roctis being a part of the Union is going to get back to Raskreia and the rest of the nobles; and that is not information that is likely to bring smiles. Unless we are talking about creepy murderous smiles.
    The only think I like from this fact is that we can get to see more nobles soon!

Now what makes me curious is... Rael. Just where is this brat?

Meanwhile Crombell and Yuri are probably off somewhere laughing their asses off about all of it. Though one has to wonder if they really know what they've begun. They might have intended to start a camp fire and ended up with a forest fire on their hands
    I don't think they mind if that is the case, really. Perhaps that is indeed the purpose; since both Union and nobles have been getting 'quiet' lately, they need 'sparks' to get 'active' again. And with whatever research purpose Crombel has in mind, with Yuri helping him, he is sure able to find it through this whole mess.

New Reply