Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Chrollo vs Silva fought before!? :O

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chrollo vs Silva fought before!? :O

Did you guys know about this?

According to Silva, he and Chrollo fought once before their battle with Zeno at Yorknew.

Silva comments that Chrollo has improved a LOT.

So how is Chrollo still alive? Did the rest of the phantom troupe save him?

Discuss!

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

btw if you're wondering where silva said this Volume 11 chapter 99 Page 10 approximately

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chrollo vs Silva fought before!? :O

Yeah, there was that one flashback panel during the fight in the Cemetery building which confirms they fought before. Also, Silva knew Kuroro's ability.

The most common (and probably most logical) theory is that Silva assassinated #8 of Genei Ryodan about 3 years ago (we know it from Killua, he says to Gon that his dad warned him not to get involved with Ryodan under any circumstances after a diffucult job involving assassination of a member of Genei Ryodan), and Kuroro either was nearby and went to help that nameless #8 or went to try and avenge him/her.

How Kuroro survived that.. Well, for one, he's pretty strong, and was strong even back then which means you can't get rid of him fast and easy even if you try. For two, Silva most likely had a mission to assassinate only one particular member (#8) and not the others, so Silva, after a little fight, could've just walked away like he and his dad did in Yorkshin without killing Kuroro. Another possibility is that Kuroro could simply escape when he realized his situation was bad. After all, he tends to avoid unnecessary fights and a master of escapes (he did manage to keep Hisoka off his tail for 2 or 3 years, and probably gave him the slip after Kurapika's chain was removed).

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fanatik View Post
    Yeah, there was that one flashback panel during the fight in the Cemetery building which confirms they fought before. Also, Silva knew Kuroro's ability.

The most common (and probably most logical) theory is that Silva assassinated #8 of Genei Ryodan about 3 years ago (we know it from Killua, he says to Gon that his dad warned him not to get involved with Ryodan under any circumstances after a diffucult job involving assassination of a member of Genei Ryodan), and Kuroro either was nearby and went to help that nameless #8 or went to try and avenge him/her.

How Kuroro survived that.. Well, for one, he's pretty strong, and was strong even back then which means you can't get rid of him fast and easy even if you try. For two, Silva most likely had a mission to assassinate only one particular member (#8) and not the others, so Silva, after a little fight, could've just walked away like he and his dad did in Yorkshin without killing Kuroro. Another possibility is that Kuroro could simply escape when he realized his situation was bad. After all, he tends to avoid unnecessary fights and a master of escapes (he did manage to keep Hisoka off his tail for 2 or 3 years, and probably gave him the slip after Kurapika's chain was removed).

I just bought Volume 11 so I hadn't known before. I've read the part before but
    I must have skipped over it.

Yeah I think he killed #8 and then Chrollo fought him.

Hm one doesn't work too well because Silva says that Chrollo improved a lot
    which makes me think he wasn't too strong before. But I do think he's fast.

I think maybe a combo of 2 and 3.

Think we'll ever see this fight explained?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nevaeh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Did you guys know about this?

According to Silva, he and Chrollo fought once before their battle with Zeno at Yorknew.

Silva comments that Chrollo has improved a LOT.

So how is Chrollo still alive? Did the rest of the phantom troupe save him?

Discuss!
    Yes. In fact, I know why Chrollo fought with Silva.

Spoiler show

This happened 3 years ago, where Silva killed one of the Genei Ryodan. (#8 replaced by Shizuku) Considering how Kuroro slaughtered an entire mafia army just to hold one last farewell concert for Ubogin, Kuroro probably wanted to avenge his comrade, which led to the fight with Silva. It was a stalemate since they both survived.

Interestingly, Hisoka himself might have killed a Genei Ryodan member to gain the qualifications to join the group, in order to get closer to his target Chrollo.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Nevaeh; May 08, 2012 at 03:58 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sea Hunter's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Not necessarily since Silva killed one 3 years ago and Hisoka joined the Ryoudan 2 years ago it might be the same guy.

About avenging Ubo i think this isn't the same, since Ubo was one of the originals as we saw in a flashback, no idea who #8 was but he probably wasn't one of them.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe He challenged him in between a some mission from Silva. After being severely beaten up, He used his teleport ability to run off.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Maybe He challenged him in between a some mission from Silva. After being severely beaten up, He used his teleport ability to run off.
    I dunno. The teleport seemed to be a new ability when he used it.

I think Chrollo was rescued by the rest of the phantom troupe.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The teleport was an ability the rest of the Spiders didn't know about. But I don't see how that makes it seem new. We know the Spiders like to hide their abilities from each other.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    The teleport was an ability the rest of the Spiders didn't know about. But I don't see how that makes it seem new. We know the Spiders like to hide their abilities from each other.
    True but I just don't see Chrollo teleporting away from the fight especially if it was to avenge his comrade. I think it's far more likely that the other Spiders rescued him when it was clear
    that he stood no chance against Silva.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    True but I just don't see Chrollo teleporting away from the fight especially if it was to avenge his comrade. I think it's far more likely that the other Spiders rescued him when it was clear
    that he stood no chance against Silva
    Problem is there is no such indication that something like that ever happened, like chrollo standing no chance against silva at any point of their fight. if you want to go on an imaginative trip, of course you are free to do so and conjure up whatever you want...but there is no way logically support whether such imagination is 'more likely' than some other imagination someone else comes up with.

New Reply