Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will the Genei Ryodan hunt Alluka to heal Kuroro?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Discussion] Will the Genei Ryodan hunt Alluka to heal Kuroro?

The theory about Alluka is probable and quite interesting, and Hisoka definitely took note of Alluka's ability, whether it's for healing Gon or for freeing Kuroro.

But I have to agree with those who stated that they wouldn't want Alluka and her ability to play a major role in any arc ever again. It's not like I hate Alluka or anything, but I, too, found her ability haxxed over 9000, even for the HxH universe. I suppose the need for her appearance is only understandable since nothing short of a miracle could save Gon's life after his transformation into Gon-san, and a miracle is what we got with her appearance in the story. I can understand and tolerate it, but I definitely don't want any such deux ex machina in the future. I don't want HxH becoming another Naruto which is literally populated with deux ex machinas, so I wouldn't mind if Alluka's ability is sealed somehow to never be used again.

Hm, instead of Alluka undoing the Judgement chain (or the beast that Abegane materialized) I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Kurapika put into a situation where he's forced to remove the chain himself because Kuroro is the only one possessing an ability that can save everyone... Well, just random thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    Has Kurapika put together that Chrollo has stolen Neon's Hatsu? I suppose Hisoka probably told him Chrollo's Skill Hunter ability, I was never sure about that. I didn't think Kurapika would want to kill Neon, she's just a typical spoiled girl with a strange hobby, that'd be trivial to kill her just because she has a copy of the Kurta eyes.
    Kurapika definitely knows that Kuroro had something to do with Neon losing her ability. After all, Kuroro had to give her his full name, age and blood type to get his prediction done and even told her his comrades call him 'Danchou', she found both his name and the way he's addressed by his comrades very odd, so there's no way she'd forget that. All it takes to get that info out of her is ask her to describe how she'd gotten into the Cemetery building and what she did while there. I'm sure Kurapika asked that question.

And I also doubt Neon will die, she's not that bad, just kinda shallow and spoiled, but can be compassionable (like in case with Squalla's fiancee), Kurapika, being the ever observant Kurapika, must have seen that so I doubt he finds himself really wanting to kill her. Unless he's turning into Sasuke...

Hisoka didn't tell Kurapika anything about Kuroro's abilities. He only told him about Uvogin and Shizuku's. I'd think Kuroro's ability would be the last one Hisoka would reveal even under torture since he wants to keep Danchou all to himself and wouldn't want to risk some else stealing the pleasure from him.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nevaeh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    Though I for one also wouldn't really care for Alluka being the one to release Chrollo's Nen as I'd want the Spiders to be reintroduced into the story in another way.
    Oh yeah.. just imagine how EPIC it'd be for the Spiders to hunt down Killua. I'd like to see Killua go berserk after Alluka gets harmed, preferably by Feitan.
    In the end, only Hisoka's bungee gum ability can effectively counter Killua's electricity nen. These two were meant to clash from the moment their nen abilities were set by Togashi.

Quote Originally Posted by fanatik View Post
    And I also doubt Neon will die, she's not that bad, just kinda shallow and spoiled, but can be compassionable (like in case with Squalla's fiancee), Kurapika, being the ever observant Kurapika, must have seen that so I doubt he finds himself really wanting to kill her. Unless he's turning into Sasuke...
    Yeah it's not very likely... but Kuroro cannot keep using "Lovely Ghost Writer", that's just cheating. Neon must somehow die to erase that ability from Kuroro's Skill Hunter, unless there's an unknown rule like ripping out the page intentionally or something.

Spoiler show

Bear in mind that Kurapika always becomes unstable when the Kurata Eyeballs or Spiders are involved. Imagine if your entire family was murdered and some little girl plays with their eyeballs.. wouldn't you feel... the urge to kill? The body collectors are partly responsible for the massacre of the Kurata clan too.
    Last edited by Nevaeh; May 10, 2012 at 12:56 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How is having Lovely Ghost Writer cheating? It didn't really help anyone in the Yorknew arc, the body guards and many mafia members still died despite having their fortunes read, the Spiders predictions didn't really come true, so....is it really even that accurate? Like I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't necessarily want the plot line repeated, but I don't think it would make the Ryodan "cheap"
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2