Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 53

Thread: HSD Kenichi 472 Discussion/473 Predictions

  1. #16
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,355
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSD Kenichi 472 Discussion/473 Predictions

    The way I see it hongo has one last breath in this fight at best. There is still the point where hongo gets to fight without caring for his own body. There is a chance that hongo just might land a hit if he forsakes all defense and puts his all into attack. He could perhaps get a hit that would give sakaki a small edge here.

  2. #17
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner g0i5y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSD Kenichi 472 Discussion/473 Predictions

    I disagree, it wasn't so one sided and Hongo did very well considering his opponent was Jenezad.

    ---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

    Perhaps Sakaki will intervene before Hongo is actually killed...

    And that isn't to rule out Hongo, I still hope he'll survive. I think Hongo's got more stored up.. remember that he still hasn't used Ryuusei Seikuken!!!
    Last edited by g0i5y; May 09, 2012 at 08:28 AM.
    A cheezy smile lights up everyone's day!

  3. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    801
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSD Kenichi 472 Discussion/473 Predictions

    Quote Quote:
    remember that he still hasn't used Ryuusei Seikuken!!!
    I belive it is one of the Elder's secret technique, so i doubt he will use it

  4. #19
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSD Kenichi 472 Discussion/473 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by g0i5y View Post
    I disagree, it wasn't so one sided and Hongo did very well considering his opponent was Jenezad.

    ---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

    Perhaps Sakaki will intervene before Hongo is actually killed...

    And that isn't to rule out Hongo, I still hope he'll survive. I think Hongo's got more stored up.. remember that he still hasn't used Ryuusei Seikuken!!!
    Hongou cant use ryusei. The more i keep re-reading the chapter and some things dont make sense to me why does sakaki refer to hongou as a princess? isnt that kind of offensive hes basically calling him a girl also jenezad is really starting to piss me off he went from interesting physcotic villain to some an arrogant douchebag that thinks hes better than absolutely everyone im so stoked to see him get pwned and all his followers wake up and smell the coffee

  5. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    801
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSD Kenichi 472 Discussion/473 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by blackmidnight View Post
    Hongou cant use ryusei. The more i keep re-reading the chapter and some things dont make sense to me why does sakaki refer to hongou as a princess? isnt that kind of offensive hes basically calling him a girl also jenezad is really starting to piss me off he went from interesting physcotic villain to some an arrogant douchebag that thinks hes better than absolutely everyone im so stoked to see him get pwned and all his followers wake up and smell the coffee
    LOL,realy?!
    http://mangastream.com/read/hsdk/65569771/5
    Theres a dot after "god", so he was telling to the princess about Hongou

  6. #21
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,355
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSD Kenichi 472 Discussion/473 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by g0i5y View Post
    I disagree, it wasn't so one sided and Hongo did very well considering his opponent was Jenezad.

    ---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

    Perhaps Sakaki will intervene before Hongo is actually killed...

    And that isn't to rule out Hongo, I still hope he'll survive. I think Hongo's got more stored up.. remember that he still hasn't used Ryuusei Seikuken!!!
    The only reason it seems hongo did well was because junzard held back a decent bit. Junazard did underestimate hongo however even in that scenario rather than in resulting in junazard getting hit or killed (as would be the case in other mangas) it resulted in hongo almost getting a hit. Basically, junazard is so damn strong that even grossly underestimating one of the nine fists merely results in an "almost". Junazard had his fun with hongo, he slowly wore him down just to see what he would do in increasingly dire situations and when it came to it junazard actually schooled hongo about flaws in his technique. Basically, junazard just gave hongo the fodder treatment. Granted, the weak can win against the strong in this manga, kenichi is the living embodiment of how the devoid of a speck of talent can improve themselves, so hongo there is no reason for hongo to not be able to pull off a good hit with his last breath.

    Sakaki is extremely likely to intervene before hongo gets killed IMO. I don't think he wants hongo dead anymore than he wanted hajime dead. Besides, if he does then sakaki can't beat the shit out of hongo later.

    And hongo simply can't use ryusui seikuken. It is one of the 108 techniques of the elder, there is no reason for a yami who the elder does not know to know the technique. I doubt akira has even seen the technique before considering only 3 people in the manga can use it and one of them is far from proficient at it.

  7. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSD Kenichi 472 Discussion/473 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Shader View Post
    C'mon, don't you have a feeling this situation seems wrong? Okay...my point...:
    1) Kenichi always take the beating same to those Houngo just took, but always he manage to pull situation somehow
    2) The fight can feel "right" and the winner gonna be decided in next few chapters only if both are pretty much injured (if this is not a fodder figt,and this is totaly not one),and as you all saying, atm only Akira is injured
    3) There are already to much "empty seats" in Yami (or...9 fists is just a coinsedence and there can be only 5 fists ?) So if Akira dies and Jenezad got punished by Elder/OS there gonna be...how much? 4 of them left?
    My point is..thers gotta be a turning point...again, just remember,guys, you already buried Akire 2 or 3 times aand hes always comes back....
    And i bet those nicknames gonna play a role....demon fist god and god hand thers gotta be something to it
    p.s.
    i hate hsdk wikki
    http://kenichi.wikia.com/wiki/Yami
    they buried him too =(
    Gogo Akira, im still with ya! You can do it!!
    lol if Akira somehow manages to pull off an victory (so unlikely) I'll quit reading this manga

    ---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    And hongo simply can't use ryusui seikuken. It is one of the 108 techniques of the elder, there is no reason for a yami who the elder does not know to know the technique. I doubt akira has even seen the technique before considering only 3 people in the manga can use it and one of them is far from proficient at it.
    I thought it was 4 people who could use it the Elder, Kenichi, Saint Fist, and the Bewitching Fist; who knows perhaps even Saiga too but we've yet to discover if he's an Sei fighter though
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; May 09, 2012 at 10:18 AM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

  8. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    801
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSD Kenichi 472 Discussion/473 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper
    lol if Akira somehow manages to pull off an victory
    I was wondering for a long time now...how sei&dou mix of a master's chakra would be looks like... (actualy till now only sei users used this "roar as one" or whatewer it was called)

  9. #24
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,355
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSD Kenichi 472 Discussion/473 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    lol if Akira somehow manages to pull off an victory (so unlikely) I'll quit reading this manga

    ---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------



    I thought it was 4 people who could use it the Elder, Kenichi, Saint Fist, and the Bewitching Fist; who knows perhaps even Saiga too but we've yet to discover if he's an Sei fighter though
    As far as I know we have no reason to believe oogata known ryusui seikuken. He did teach the seikuken to ryuto however that is not necessarily an indication that he knows also the ryusui version. He was specifically mention to know other of the elder's techiques during tanaka's and kenichi's fight.

  10. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSD Kenichi 472 Discussion/473 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    As far as I know we have no reason to believe oogata known ryusui seikuken. He did teach the seikuken to ryuto however that is not necessarily an indication that he knows also the ryusui version. He was specifically mention to know other of the elder's techiques during tanaka's and kenichi's fight.
    Because our discussion is I replied to you in the hangout thread
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; May 09, 2012 at 12:18 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

  11. #26
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    Mexico
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    367
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSD Kenichi 472 Discussion/473 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Still, the more disturbing part is that akira did not land a single hit on junazard.
    And this is unheard of in the series, even the lowest of the low Diego Carlo landed hits on Ma Kensei. Even the fodder weapon division members landed one or two bruises on Ryozanpaku masters.

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Now, how will sakaki fight? So far akira has effectively failed to land so much as a hit on him and we know for a fact that akira and sakaki are pretty much even in terms of pretty much everything. Sakaki has had a chance to see junazard fight which should give him a clue on how to fight however junazard has been far from going all out so it probably won't be enough. Sakaki needed hongo to be at least a bit lucky and get a hit on junzard in order for him to have a small chance here. Akira did mention sakaki had a 1 hit ko technique, perhaps sakaki will think that against junazard he will be able to use it without outright killing him.
    External help is a must. Silcardo is the type to taunt the opponent; Akira was the proper match (calm and collected) but the emotional Sakaki is a bad match.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    p.s: how the hell is Akira's glasses not broken after all those attacks????????
    Akira's glasses are master class you peasant, it has been stated before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    I don't think it's over yet, Hongou has shown in his fight against Sakaki he can take a lot more damage than that, so I'm sure he'll get back up again only to get knocked back down by Jenenzad
    50/50, it could be a final hit.

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    The way I see it hongo has one last breath in this fight at best. There is still the point where hongo gets to fight without caring for his own body. There is a chance that hongo just might land a hit if he forsakes all defense and puts his all into attack. He could perhaps get a hit that would give sakaki a small edge here.
    Alexander pulled that out with Akisame and worked somehow. By the way, I called Alexander trash before and he is not that bad, he did pretty well against Akisame and lost due to "honour", I mean, got unconscious for 2 seconds.

    Quote Originally Posted by g0i5y View Post
    I disagree, it wasn't so one sided and Hongo did very well considering his opponent was Jenezad.
    As the president of Akira's fan club I must say: it was one sided if you could not land a single hit even when your opponent was underestimating you.

    Next chapter we will see Akira's condition, if he is out cold or will land a true hit (or try and fail). As I stated before, external interference is a must, I prefer Saiga over the Elder.

    I am pretty stubborn on Akira, I can't let his defeat go easily nor my presumptuous statements, will I eat my words next chapter!?
    Spoiler show


    Akira is alive though, stop being melodramatic HSDK Wikia!
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; May 09, 2012 at 01:17 PM.

  12. #27
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSD Kenichi 472 Discussion/473 Predictions

    @Lectro Volpi lol I suspected as much it reminds me of Kenichi's master class band-aid that never comes off his cheek despite any circumstance

    When you guys say single hit do you mean life threatening hit or just a regular attack? because Hongou clearly lands a hit earlier in the fight.

    ---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Shader View Post
    I was wondering for a long time now...how sei&dou mix of a master's chakra would be looks like... (actualy till now only sei users used this "roar as one" or whatewer it was called)
    Did you just say chakra lol? this isn't Naruto
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

  13. #28
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,355
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSD Kenichi 472 Discussion/473 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Lectro Volpi View Post
    And this is unheard of in the series, even the lowest of the low Diego Carlo landed hits on Ma Kensei. Even the fodder weapon division members landed one or two bruises on Ryozanpaku masters.



    External help is a must. Silcardo is the type to taunt the opponent; Akira was the proper match (calm and collected) but the emotional Sakaki is a bad match.



    Akira's glasses are master class you peasant, it has been stated before.



    50/50, it could be a final hit.



    Alexander pulled that out with Akisame and worked somehow. By the way, I called Alexander trash before and he is not that bad, he did pretty well against Akisame and lost due to "honour", I mean, got unconscious for 2 seconds.



    As the president of Akira's fan club I must say: it was one sided if you could not land a single hit even when your opponent was underestimating you.

    Next chapter we will see Akira's condition, if he is out cold or will land a true hit (or try and fail). As I stated before, external interference is a must, I prefer Saiga over the Elder.

    I am pretty stubborn on Akira, I can't let his defeat go easily nor my presumptuous statements, will I eat my words next chapter!?
    Spoiler show


    Akira is alive though, stop being melodramatic HSDK Wikia!
    I don't think diego could be called the lowest of the low. Granted, he was defeated once ma went all out however his defense was high almost beyond stupidity.

    Ryozampaku guys are not prone to helping people in their fights though. If anything, the bit between shigure and mikumo proves that much. The way I see it odds are hongo will get a hit which will allow sakaki to win or sakaki will fight 100% junazard and be defeated only for the elder to arrive. And yeah, we have yet to see akira get killed or even defeated. We are in the part merely seconds before either of those.

  14. #29
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    Mexico
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    367
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSD Kenichi 472 Discussion/473 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    When you guys say single hit do you mean life threatening hit or just a regular attack? because Hongou clearly lands a hit earlier in the fight.
    A serious hit; that did nothing at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think diego could be called the lowest of the low. Granted, he was defeated once ma went all out however his defense was high almost beyond stupidity.
    A punching bag below Alexander, and that puts him as the lowest master in Yami.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    No Alexander is not stronger than Diego
    I thought this chapter stated that you should not fight with someone on a different level.

    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...terms-of-POWER
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; May 09, 2012 at 08:32 PM.

  15. #30
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,355
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSD Kenichi 472 Discussion/473 Predictions

    Not to mention that after getting those few hits which did nothing to junazard the guy actually started getting serious and did give hongo a fairly severe beating. How long after that was it that hongo had his arms and legs dislocated? Barely any time at all.

    Well, there is a difference between being at the lowest is yami and being actual garbage. All the ryozampaku guys are nothing short of insanely strong, in fact strong enough to take on several master classes each. There are plenty of other masters which have put up far less of a fight than diego for that matter.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts