Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kabuto the wacko scientist (Spoiler)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kabuto the wacko scientist (Spoiler)

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Does the author study biology? No? Then it's likely all artistic license. Think about how badly it is for us who study physics, alright?

Case closed.
    The problem though is that Kishimoto actually set himself up for this thread. So SS4 has a point. I don't remember the exact chapter it was, but Orochimaru asked Kabuto, point blank, "what blood type are you again?" in regards to his regeneration/body snatching jutsu. Unfortunately, Kabuto's blood type was different than Orochimaru's, so it apparently wouldn't work. But the damage was done with that little exchange... a rule was established for Orochimaru's jutsu. Now we see Orochimaru using a shinobi blender and downing ninjua smoothies... then shooting up like a crackninja junkie as well. All of this may have repercussions eventually... like something else taking him over & destroying him. But I see the guy's point. lol Unless I'm just not remembering the chapter & context correctly (it was somewhere in part 1).

But... I just say "meh, oh well." and carry on. Ignorance is bliss and throw it to the wayside. A lot more stranger things have happened. lol

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As if narutoverse did not have bone marrow transplants over potentially incompatible people.....
    Last edited by kkck; May 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jalix View Post
    The problem though is that Kishimoto actually set himself up for this thread. So SS4 has a point. I don't remember the exact chapter it was, but Orochimaru asked Kabuto, point blank, "what blood type are you again?" in regards to his regeneration/body snatching jutsu. Unfortunately, Kabuto's blood type was different than Orochimaru's, so it apparently wouldn't work. But the damage was done with that little exchange... a rule was established for Orochimaru's jutsu. Now we see Orochimaru using a shinobi blender and downing ninjua smoothies... then shooting up like a crackninja junkie as well. All of this may have repercussions eventually... like something else taking him over & destroying him. But I see the guy's point. lol Unless I'm just not remembering the chapter & context correctly (it was somewhere in part 1).
    As far as I know that blood type question had nothing to do with body switching. Its some kind of cultural thing, because apparently in japan blood type is handled kind of like we handle zodiac signs (i.e there are certain personality traits attributed to a persons blood type)... at least thats what I've heard...
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    As far as I know that blood type question had nothing to do with body switching. Its some kind of cultural thing, because apparently in japan blood type is handled kind of like we handle zodiac signs (i.e there are certain personality traits attributed to a persons blood type)... at least thats what I've heard...
    nah never heard of the blood thing. probably just some newfangled urban legend thing some magazine published that gained a bit of a fad at most. Unlikely to be traditional.

getting back to the topic, in any case, i reiterate, mangaka are not expected to be totally accurate in their sciences.

if they could and would muster all that knowledge to the substantial vastness and accuracy of sheldon cooper, there is a strong likelihood they would have gone into something other than manga drawing. gaps in knowledge are to be expected.

that, and the fact that kishi can't even hold his story together properly beyond rasengan spammage and uchiha/senju/uzumaki love spammage right now, adds up to my relatively disillusioned view of him. i wouldn't gripe too much about such a mistake, it wasn't unexpected imho.

mangaka like Oda who actually research his stuff (nitric oxide effects on gear second, historical pirates' references, etc), and the author for 'addicted to curry', are rare. and even oda has gaps in his knowledge that has presented itself in the form of boo boos in the manga (I present the iron ship in stomach acid scenario again)

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    nah never heard of the blood thing. probably just some newfangled urban legend thing some magazine published that gained a bit of a fad at most. Unlikely to be traditional.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_t...panese_culture

Kabuto's blood type is AB.

Quote Quote:
    Best traits: Cool, controlled, rational, sociable, adaptable
    Worst traits: Critical, indecisive, forgetful, irresponsible, "split personality"
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-305-14/...apter-300.html
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-305-15/...apter-300.html
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-305-16/...apter-300.html
    Last edited by LnDRash; May 10, 2012 at 12:31 PM.

He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Ultimately deriving from ideas of historical scientific racism, the popular belief originates with publications by Masahiko Nomi in the 1970s. The scientific community dismisses such beliefs as superstition or pseudoscience.
    1970s onwards and dismissed as superstition or pseudoscience by the scientific community

it's not traditional enough to be zodiac-equivalent

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

True enough. Its not like blood type identification technology would be old enough for something like blood type to be considered traditional. As far as I know we have been able to identify blood types for little over 100 years. It is plain impossible for this thing to be comparable to the zodiac (not that the zodiac would be any more useful). The whole thing about blood type being determinant of anything is nothing short of ignorance on the topic 100 years ago and ignorant masses listening to what people with no qualifications whatsoever say on the topic.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

But regardless of that it seems like Kishi used it. There was no other reason for Orochimaru to ask that question at that point of time and those characteristics attributed to the AB blood type are fitting perfectly towards Kabuto.

Oh and btw.

Naruto's Blood Type is B:

Quote Quote:
    Best traits: Wild, active, doer, creative, passionate, strong
    Worst traits: Selfish, irresponsible, unforgiving, unpredictable
    Sakura's Blood Type is O:

Quote Quote:
    Best traits: Agreeable, sociable, optimistic
    Worst traits: Vain, rude, jealous, arrogant
    Sasuke is AB, same as Kabuto:

Quote Quote:
    Best traits: Cool, controlled, rational, sociable, adaptable
    Worst traits: Critical, indecisive, forgetful, irresponsible, "split personality"
    And I'am sure this will fit any character I look up, so I'am sure Kishi is using this theme.
    Last edited by LnDRash; May 10, 2012 at 08:16 PM.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Blood type for personality matters is very common in Japan. Nothing surprising if Kishi is using it on his characters.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member metalia's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Apparently at some better place then you... because he manged to make everything you've mentioned work.
    +1

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Kabuto may have used some NINJA medic technique/process or combination of both to achieve the powers of others. Of course he didn't use conventional medicine, because that doesn't exist in naruto.

However, Kishimoto do have some knowledge about biology, for example in the manga some konoha shinobi are seen using a "Gel electrophoresis" to decipher the DNA sequence of Madara (I think it was madara, maybe Senjuu hashirama, i don't remember). That's quite a complex technique for someone who is not a biologist.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2