Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are the Sun Pirates joining with jimbei?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member c0nflikt's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Are the Sun Pirates joining with jimbei?

The new world overall looks like a giant influence game headed by the yonkou, given the sun pirates deep history and the fact that Jimbei is still the leader. Do you think he will bring the entire crew along to join luffy when the time comes, I ask this cause I couldn't fathom what jimbei needed to stay behind on FI to do. It occurred to me that Oda probably doesn't know how to organize an entire additional crew joining, and or he had to settle this with the suns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Character
    Constantine Woe • Captain • Juggernaut Pirates • Markswoman/Inventorr
    • Bounty :0 • SD Earned : 200 • Beli : 53,687,500 • L : Grand Line
    Strength: 50 | Speed: 50 | Stamina: 30 | Accuracy: 102 | Fortune: 58

Check out my blog!
    Twitter: @CorpseMoney

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are the Sun Pirates joining with jimbei?

i think the more possible thing is if jinbe joins,,...he would leave the fishman pirates in the fishman district as the guards of shirahoshi and the island...reason why the fishman district was closed imo.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You should read the chapter discussion from that chapter, it's all there.

He even told them what he got to do, deal with the situation right after their islands nearly got destroyed, stabilize the situation and cut all ties to Big Mam. That can't be done in a day, as he got to personally appear in front of her.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

jinbe isn't their leader any longer. every sun pirates left,except macro and the arlong pirates, are in Big mam's crew right now. when jinbe will leave big mam,the others fishmen will as well. then they will come back to their island to protect it. Aladdin will have an important role,imo,since he is the only important one we haven't seen yet.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think jinbe will be to luffy what the new world captains were to WB during the war. Basically he will be affiliated to luffy however not an actual crewmember. If this is the case then all of the fishmen pirates would by all intents and purposes be affiliated to luffy.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think jinbe will be to luffy what the new world captains were to WB during the war. Basically he will be affiliated to luffy however not an actual crewmember. If this is the case then all of the fishmen pirates would by all intents and purposes be affiliated to luffy.
    luffy's dream isn't WB's. and he doesn't want to have a lot of comrades and to make them his family: they are his precious nakama. btw,jinbe already said he would accept.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    luffy's dream isn't WB's. and he doesn't want to have a lot of comrades and to make them his family: they are his precious nakama. btw,jinbe already said he would accept.
    He did say that however it is not so easy. The strawhats are moving forward in the grand line with every mile setting them farther away from jinbe. JInbe could theoretically catch up however such a development would be rather awkward. Alternatively the strawhats could go back to fishman island but such a thing has even more severe implications (mainly holding the strawhats back).

Luffy's dream is not to make a family, that is for certain, but why is that relevant? He has made it clear he is going to make fishman island his turf, he is planning on defeating big mom and he as far as we know should have no trouble getting into quarrels with other yonko. WB wasn't precisely interested in conquest and yet he ended up having a bunch of nations under him. Luffy has already set his eyes on actual conquest and that is not something he can do with a mere 8 man strong crew (nor 10 for that matter). He needs allies and friends for that. Jinbe could simply be the first one. Its not like only crewmembers are his friend or nakama either, that was the sole reason they went to war during the fishman island arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is actually a thought that's been on my mind for some time. I actually don't know how to answer it. As we know, Luffy usually recruits his crew one member at a time, so it would seem crazy to have a whole crew join at once. However, what if Jinbe joins just before Luffy fights Big Mom who forces the Sun Pirates to fight back? Jinbe may have to fight his former crew.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no reason for them to fight him, unless they all became traitors to their country. FI has partnered with Luffy, so they don't have to stay with her anymore. Remember that they switched to Big Mam only because she took over the protection from WB. The Sun Pirates stay in the New World because they wouldn't be allowed to stay in marine controlled territories, not because it's especially nice there.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I said Big Mom might force them to fight. You know what Big Mom is known to doing to her subordinates, right? Besides that, Luffy hasn't claimed the island as his territory yet.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy made a declaration of war though: "It's too dangerous to leave you in charge of this place! So I'm gonna kick your ass when I get tot he New World and make Fishman island my turf!"

Neptune mentioned 70k new soldiers, which should enable them to cut ties with Big Mam, even mentioned to replace the flag with the mugiwara on. Jinbe was hinted to be the leader of the Sun Pirates, so why would they fight the mugiwaras instead of taking their side? I doubt she has them chained up, unless the bomb is seen as an attack by FI instead of Luffy & Co.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The 70k soldiers are not worth a damn though, at least if the battle takes place in fishman island. Big mom's crew should have insanely strong people, their equivalent to the commanders should be just as strong. 70k, 700k, it plainly does not make a difference. It is absolutely true that luffy has yet to claim fishman island. Even if they were to side with luffy, the whole point of being protected by a pirate is to have a big name behind them. The yonko at large have actual pirate fleets and affiliated crews to protect their turf, how would luffy do that with far more limited resources and only 8 people?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you suppose the outcome will be? Neptune not taking on the flag, Jinbe not joining the mugiwaras in some way? Luffy not keeping his promise? That would be a failure of the highest grade!

Oda gave us a guidline for the next couple of years, I'm not saying it will happen in the next arc, but it will happen one day, that much is certain Imo.

P.S.: Those 70k are not supposed to fight against the Yonkou or the Marines, but defend the island from pirates that appeared after Newgates big speech. That much should be clear as day.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 09, 2012 at 10:35 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

You are the one that said the 70k soldiers should enable neptune to break free of big mom. Or do you suppose neptune can do that with no consequences?

Neptune will definitely eventually take the flag however as of this moment the flag he proudly flags as a tribute to the island's inability to protect itself from pirates is big mom's. As of right now fishman island is luffy's turf just as any other island in the new world. Luffy has to defeat big mom and her insane crew first.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

70k to break free in form of capable of defending the island themself. Let's not forget that Shirahoshi has awakened her ancient powers, those Sea Kings should give them some good defense when the time comes. Of course it will be a long-term event. It can only happen once Jinbe meets up with BM, that could be the catalyst for the plot to move on in the background till Luffy get's to fight her.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 09, 2012 at 11:03 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast