Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter !!

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.53%
  • 2 (Average)

3 2.29%
  • 3 (Good)

17 12.98%
  • 4 (Great!)

57 43.51%
  • 5 (Epic)

48 36.64%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

4 3.05%
New Reply
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 667 Discussion

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 667 Discussion/ 668 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by pizzaslicepwnu View Post
    One thing that does bother me is that law didn't mention the other/third way to survive in the NW: working as a shichibukai for the WG/marines(or for the marines in general). The G-5 marines that came to PH with smoker mentioned that he did what ever he could in order to become a shichibukai. This lead me to believe there is a small chance that law is actually working with the WG and is using this plan to trap and capture luffy and his crew.
    I think that being a Shichibukai doesn't change anything since the Yonko rule New World. You are either under the protection of them or their enemies/rivals. As soon as you're independent, you automatically fall into the second category. That's why I don't see a Shichibukai travelling through Yonko's territories just because he is part of the WG forces. Besides, that does not make any sense since marines and WG are Yonko's enemies.

Some Shichibukai were able to travel some Yonko's territories but it was because of their personal relationships - Jinbe and Whitebeard, Mihawks and Shanks. It was some exceptions where some Yonko accepted their free moving because they knew them well and had close friendship. Thus Law who wants to travel New World has to challenge Yonko : he can't ask alliegance to one of them, and I don't think he has any friendship with Yonko.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; May 18, 2012 at 05:08 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on Jinbe and Mihawk and their notorious relation with yonkou, would it really be a problem for Law if the world government discovers that he help the Strawhat defeating one ?

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Jinbe and Mihawks never wanted to beat Whitebeard or Shanks as Yonko. Mihawks fought Shanks when he was still a swordman and wasn't one of the Yonko at that time. Anyway, Law planning to defeat one of them would shake the world balance so it would have been a problem with Sengoku, but with Akainu I guess it isn't a problem. After all, he decided the Marines would challenge the Yonko for New World territories.

By the way, don't you think that Law wants to kill one of the Yonko ? If you think about it a defeated Yonko would obviously looks after revenge and it would be terrible for them cause if they were able to beat him together, the Yonko could still kill one of them alone. As soon as the Yonko gets back on his feets, he will recover his strenght as a Yonko. So this plan only makes sense if they manage to get rid of the Yonko, not just to beat him one time.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Once one of Yonkou gets defeated, his allies may start to consider him weak. Enough to take down a big chunk of their influence. As far as Law is concerned, I don't think he gives a shit about his Shichibukai status. It was probably just a means to an end for him, just like it was for Blackbeard, and just like it was for Moria.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

True, but Blackbeard needed to be a Shichibukai in order to enter Impel Down. If Law became one because of the informations and the secret of Punk Hazard then it is indeed similar but if it is so that he isn't bother by world government and be able to navigate as he please everywhere then he probably wants to stay one.
    btw I wonder why the marines kept the 'secret' on the island if it is that useful against Yonkou ?

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I wonder why the marines kept the 'secret' on the island if it is that useful against Yonkou ?
    I doubt the "secret" which is mentioned by Law is a real weapon like Pluton or anything like that. Maybe only Law knows how to use that "secret" so it will become useful to defeat the Yonkou, rather than an existing weapon. If it is a weapon, Cesar Clown should have already discovered it by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    The road to One Piece goes directly through the Yonko. They are the ones that control the NW and have divided up the territory among themselves. So its as Law said, you either ally yourself with one of the Yonko to survive or you decide go against them. And seeing as how "The Worst Generation" pirates aren't exactly known for playing nice with others its only natural for them to either form alliances and directly go against the Yonko, or play along by pretending to be allies of a Yonko until the time is right. I'm sure we will see both side of the coin as we see more and more of those pirates and how they have developed over the last two years. And if for nothing else Luffy owes Law a favor, so i'm sure he will help him with whatever Law needs.
    So You are saying that Law will make Luffy a Yonko in order to get an easier access to One Piece for himself?
    Last edited by Doraku; May 18, 2012 at 07:12 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    In my understanding, a true alliance is formed by at least two parties of equal power, who are sharing common goals and interests. Usually leadership is equally divided to avoid conflicts, but it depends on the agreement. Going by that logic, the only real alliance in the manga was at Marineford. As far as I remember in previous arcs and saga, ppl ended up following the SHs, that's totally different from a alliance.

Anyway, it rly comes down to Laws reason, that's my main point. If Law wants to take down Yonko X just for gaining fame, power and territory then I don't see Luffy helping him. If he however has reasonable issues they will join forces, especially since Luffy is indebted to him.

The way I see it, Luffy is the guy who helps weak ppl in need by fighting side by side, thus teams are naturally formed on the battlefield. However in this case I don't see a "planned" alliance from the very start, especially with a strong guy such as Law. It just doesn't fit this manga, imo. Again, the WB War saga was a special case, since Luffy was all alone without his crew against the most powerful organisation.
    I see and I agree. However, Law has already given Luffy a reason by explaining how things are done in the New world, either you join a Yonkou or you fight one. As we all know Luffy is already up against Big mom, so if it's her then it's a done deal. Winning Luffy over isn't the hard part in my opinion. He's an idiot, this could also be a reason for turning the offer down, and he's directly indebted to Law. It's Zoro, Sanji and Robin who I see could be against such an alliance, especially if that Yonkou isn't Big mom.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

If Law wanted to smack down a specific Yonkou, Oda would have let him say his/her name already. Therefore Law should be happy that Luffy is already about to attack Bigmam - who is already challenged by Kid, too. So the revival of the Luffy-Law-Kid alliance is pretty much possible. Once this arc is over, Luffy is likely to meet Kid.

The secret of Punk Hazard might be as simple as a former but deep frozen crew member of that Yonkou.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Arm point doesn't exist anymore. It is replaced by kung fu point. That was confirmed in a sbs

I don't think the comparison with rayleigh is the good one. Luffy just doesn't want to be spoiled. But rather his entrance in Enies Lobby and the famous : "I got it". Law may regret teaming up with Luffy sooner than later :-))
    I was talking about this one although taking another look it is called heavy point and not arm point lol. There is no reason for franky to not have found use for that particular form.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member 外国人's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only way Luffy is going to accept the alliance is if it is against Big Mom. Another likely factor in his decision is Law's reasoning for going against the Yonkou. If Big Mom is indeed the one he is after and she had actually done something to him or his crew, then I think Luffy will definitely accept. Like here, Luffy is not against forming alliances with those who share a common cause. Of course, Luffy also has a humongous debt to Law for saving his life, and I believe that will also factor into Luffy's decision. So all-in-all, Like the for-mentioned link and Luffy's alliances in Impel Down and the War, I think that there is a high probability that Luffy will ultimately accept Law's offer.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

one of the yeti brothers has got a mask,it's clear that it's a gas mask,I wonder whether it was CC himself who gave him it and whether the other yeti has got a resistant to the gas,or if there's something else behind wearing it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... here is my prediction for next week...

Law will probably say Big Mom or Kaidou though I hope it's the former and not the latter...

Luffy will accept it.. I have very little doubt on this..

I predict that a Luffy vs. Law fight isn't to far down the road though despite any alliance formed...

And yea Law is hax in an awesome way... no defeating that man!!!
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't think there is much of a chance of such an alliance working. What is for luffy to gain from such a thing? Even if it is against big mom I doubt there would be anything of interest for luffy there. What would either of them do if they do take out an emperor? I doubt any of them has the allies or firepower to actually take the place of any of the yonko. Yonko lead huge organizations, taking care of them requires a lot of people and a lot of resources. We know that luffy's only allies close to the new world are the fishmen out of whom the only one worth a damn is jinbe. The other 5 million fishmen are virtually useless and the army and 70000 fishmen that could fight would still be no match for a lone strong person around. IMO luffy is going to offer to be law's friend and tell him that when the time comes he is simply going to beat up the yonko that get in his way.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member khaja_200923's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, I don't think there is much of a chance of such an alliance working. What is for luffy to gain from such a thing? Even if it is against big mom I doubt there would be anything of interest for luffy there. What would either of them do if they do take out an emperor? I doubt any of them has the allies or firepower to actually take the place of any of the yonko. Yonko lead huge organizations, taking care of them requires a lot of people and a lot of resources. We know that luffy's only allies close to the new world are the fishmen out of whom the only one worth a damn is jinbe. The other 5 million fishmen are virtually useless and the army and 70000 fishmen that could fight would still be no match for a lone strong person around. IMO luffy is going to offer to be law's friend and tell him that when the time comes he is simply going to beat up the yonko that get in his way.
    LIke they sh!!!t!ng care about being a younkou......while Law may have hidden agendas about stirring the world. Luffy is very simple (he hates what he hates and loves meat,nakama,one piece,weird creatures,MEAT!!!)
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ESa1mK9qEH4/Tqc81G0QU-I/AAAAAAAAAAg/JKUClDfeZNk/w550-h478-no/kyuubisagechakramode+by+khaja_200923.JPG

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

ok...i made up my mind...i think luffy will refuse law's invitation...that will lead to law going mad at luffy (but imo they would fight in another arc)...im really thinking the next arc after this is the wano-kuni story,...i could be wrong.

the only yonkou i think luffy will agree to help law with is big mam and im still skeptic on it because luffy doesnt want anyone meddling on his fights.... i dunno

if luffy would get an alliance in this arc....im guessing it is kinemon or smoker and tashigi...i get it that law did save luffy and luffy is indebted and stuff but i cannot imagine luffy agreeing to something else as of the moment...maybe in the future he and law will team-up, but not now.

and i think law is up to something....something is fishy about him...
    Last edited by beck26; May 18, 2012 at 01:31 PM.

New Reply
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast