Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter !!

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.53%
  • 2 (Average)

3 2.29%
  • 3 (Good)

17 12.98%
  • 4 (Great!)

57 43.51%
  • 5 (Epic)

48 36.64%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

4 3.05%
New Reply
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 667 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Darkdrone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 667 Discussion/ 668 Prediction

Guys I know this is crazy but I have a feeling in the two year timeskip that Akoiji has been gaining power and growing his crew. For some reason, when Luffy, Law and Kid all fight Big Mom there will be a moment when they are losing and I can see Akoji coming in for the rescue. Then the battle can be Big Mom vs Akoji.

Who knows, maybe Akoji will be the next Yonkou and have the Law and Luffy on his side. Its a crazy theory but he has the strength and personality can probably attract a lot of pirates.

"It’s not always the talented that wins! But the ones who won because they persevere!"

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrone View Post
    Guys I know this is crazy but I have a feeling in the two year timeskip that Akoiji has been gaining power and growing his crew. For some reason, when Luffy, Law and Kid all fight Big Mom there will be a moment when they are losing and I can see Akoji coming in for the rescue. Then the battle can be Big Mom vs Akoji.

Who knows, maybe Akoji will be the next Yonkou and have the Law and Luffy on his side. Its a crazy theory but he has the strength and personality can probably attract a lot of pirates.
    I don't know why, but seeing Aokiji on the other side of the law by becoming a captain of his own crew is just weird .

I hope Cesar is not going to be a fodder in this arc, it is such a waste if the main villain of this arc suddenly shifted to Big Mom.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO, the alliance is likely to happen, even if Luffy refuses it.
    When you think about it, there's no reason for Law to have swapped Nami's, Franky's, Chopper's & Sanji's bodies. I think he did it in order to blackmail Luffy. And even if Luffy likes it like that, Nami will surely force him to accept this partnership to get her body back !!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the mention of Joker, it was clear that CC isn't the main villain at all. He seems to be just a pawn to me, and he really doesn't have that much of a charisma (if not at all)

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra Wolf View Post
    I always thought that Kaidou is Kong since Kong is the only big character from the last generation that is currently missing in action.
    It would make sense why we are kept in the air who Kaidou is exactly because if it is such a secret the identity is most probably that we know the character already in a form.
    It would also explain why Drake also a former marine as well is so interested in Kaidou and why he has a hairstyle similar to Kong after the time skip.

Another point I find the Aokij is the "spleeping" secret theory intriguing.
    He was destined to defect and become a pirate at one point and he got too involved with Nico Robin.
    It would explain and it would also explain what became of him after his fight and would explain some of the weather anomalies. Aokiji has to reappear sooner or later anyway and the point that Akainu and Aokiji fofught on Punk hazard would be pointless if that doesn't come into play.
    But another ancient weapon or at least a Vegapunk designed weapon of mass destruction is more probable.

Also one last thing:
    http://mangafox.me/manga/one_piece/v65/c667/11.html
    what is this icicle pin cushion attack?
    How could the Yeti brother do this kind of thing?
    THANKS BRO!!! im glad someone sees my point on the aokiji theory.

an ancient weapon in punk hazard is cool...but i dont think an ancient would be shown that early in the new world...there are only 3 ancient weapons, the latest one was discovered just an arc ago...and i doubt the ancient weapons would be all revealed that early....pluton was introduced in the baroque works arc..(after a whole saga and some arcs)...and was fully explained in the CP9 saga (how many arc is that?)

then other ancient weapon were introduced in skypiea and poseidon was just fully shown last arc (after 500+ chapters) so i dont think its an ancient weapon....showing all the 3 weapons this early is as anti-climactic as revealing the whole void history or will of the D in the middle portion of the series.

so that's why i think its aokiji...im thinking the characters we rarely seen in grand line will all play major parts in this second half of one piece (akainu, the supernovas *true enough, law already appeared in the very first arc* aokiji and the yonkous.)

vegapunk isnt a bad idea too but im betting on aokiji. (im thinking vegapunk would just be foreshadowed in this arc..at the end part that is.)

and no, im not implying that aokiji will join any crew right away, im just saying, i think law is trying to find aokiji (maybe to recruit him.)

i know this is crazy-thinkin...but aokiji looks fitting to heart pirates' costumes (full suits for winter)
    Last edited by beck26; May 17, 2012 at 10:27 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

although noone expects it(nor did we when jinbe refused the proposal) luffy won't accept law's proposal. and they will be soon busy talking about the reason why law changed the SHs' bodies,hence the plan won't be explained for a while.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Sure, I don't deny there is a big difference between both terms. But I seriously think that based on that, He wont accept help. Don't know if I'm being clear here. I think Luffy wont accept help unless He's in a particular situation in which He needs the help.
    To make a comparison...He did not wanted help when it was about One Piece (Rayleigh trying to tell him) and that was just hints.
    Law did not offer help, he asked for it. Luffy might pick his nose and stare blankly for a moment, but I'm sure he will accept. He is always willing to help a friend, when they ask. Law saved his life, Luffy owes him a debt, so he'll probably do the honorable thing and say yes. This is not quite like declining Rayleigh's offer to tell them about One Piece; that would invalidate the entire series for the audience, and cheapen the quest for the characters. One Piece is something they have to find on their own. He has never turned down help fighting a strong enemy, especially from a character he has made a nickname for.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    I must say I don't rly see Luffy with Law. Its just not in shounen nature to team up, unless there is a reason for that. Even if its BM, I don't see a alliance. Except ofc if Luffy feels like repaying his debts and sympathised to whatever might have happened to Law. But definitely not to gain fame/power/territory and anything that comes with defeating a Yonko.
    What about Impel Down and Marineford? He teamed up with Buggy, Mr. 3, Mr. 2, Mr. 1, Crocodile, Jinbe, Inazuma, and Ivankov. At Water 7 he teamed up with Franky. Vivi at Alabasta, Jinbe again at Fishman Island. Teaming up with Law would be nothing out of the ordinary for One Piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Criszen View Post
    I don't think taking down one of the 4 pirate emperors is on Luffy's to do list(except for big mama, who apparently I forgot about).. Unless he has something against them at this moment. And I also don't think Law can be trusted on this one. Something about that evil grin screams that he may very well betray Luffy.
    Luffy declaring war on a Yonkou, sixteen chapters ago. It has been on his to do list since the end of Fishman Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Resgia View Post
    Apart from that, I'm not seeing Ruffy accepting Law's proposal. There's only one captain, only one guy, which can take down the yonko, simply because there is only one guy which can replace that yonko.
    If he declines it will be the biggest troll moment in the entire series. Why would Oda have Law ask Luffy to help take down a Yonkou, sixteen chapters after Luffy declares war on a Yonkou and claims her turf, only for him to say no and go off on his merry way? What would the point of meeting Law at Punk Hazard even be? Would Law just smile and say "OK, I understand. Before I leave let me teach you everything I learned in my research. Best of luck to you." and just leave as randomly as he came? Of course Luffy will say yes. Law will explain what he found at Punk Hazard, they will beat CC, and within the next five or six weeks the Big Mom saga will begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I couldn't see what is Law's true motive to take down one of the Four Emperors. Is he simply doesn't want to live under the protection of the Four Emperor or he wants to become one of the Four Emperors and Shicibukai too (is it possible?) ?
    I assume that becoming a vassal of Kaido or Big Mom is not a favorable situation for any pirate. More than likely monthly tribute is required, as well as joining their fleet. Blackbeard probably does not offer protection. It would be more in character for him to kill strong pirates and take their devil fruit. Alliance with the more amiable Shanks likely is not a possibility. Law probably wants additional freedom of movement in the New World and wants a true ally, someone like Luffy who will not hinder his movements, but will help in his time of need. Law has already shown a willingness to help Luffy when he needed it, saving his life at Marineford.

Becoming a Yonkou would mean renouncing his status as a Shichibukai. If Luffy becomes a Yonkou, Law would be an ally of a Yonkou and the Government.
    Last edited by Kaiten; May 17, 2012 at 12:18 PM.

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I couldn't see what is Law's true motive to take down one of the Four Emperors. Is he simply doesn't want to live under the protection of the Four Emperor or he wants to become one of the Four Emperors and Shicibukai too (is it possible?) ?

Well, I don't think Luffy will accept this alliance proposal, since his only ambition is only to become the pirate king. Maybe if somehow he has to fight one of the four emperors, it is because of another reason, not merely because he wants to put himself as one of the Four Emperors.
    The road to One Piece goes directly through the Yonko. They are the ones that control the NW and have divided up the territory among themselves. So its as Law said, you either ally yourself with one of the Yonko to survive or you decide go against them. And seeing as how "The Worst Generation" pirates aren't exactly known for playing nice with others its only natural for them to either form alliances and directly go against the Yonko, or play along by pretending to be allies of a Yonko until the time is right. I'm sure we will see both side of the coin as we see more and more of those pirates and how they have developed over the last two years. And if for nothing else Luffy owes Law a favor, so i'm sure he will help him with whatever Law needs.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

What an epic chapter. So Rock has a human-like face while Scotch has a more ape-like?

And no one wants to talk about Luffy's most likely best new ability? His "Thank You Cannon" and to break iron chains with his f*ckin teeth, of course. (I remember a LARGE discussion on Zoro being able to cut them down or not.)

I always thought that Kaidou is Kong since Kong is the only big character from the last generation that is currently missing in action.
    It is totally impossible that World Government officials are pirates. Kaidou is not Kong - that wouldn't make any sense at all. Kong is a former Marine Fleet Admiral (Chapter 0!) and therefore he's known to the world - so is Kaidou as pirate.

So who's next as possible Yonkou "Kaidou"? Garp?

It would also explain why Drake also a former marine as well is so interested in Kaidou and why he has a hairstyle similar to Kong after the time skip.
    Therefore Nami is somehow related to Shirahoshi and the third ancient weapon Uranus because they look alike? You're overinterpreting character design especially the part on hairstyle.

It is somehow possible (but far-fetched) that X Drake isn't a pirate for real but a Marine on a long-term undercover mission. But for now, all we know is that X is turned down his Marine career and opposes the methods and targets of the Marines.

Why's there a discussion on Kaidou anyways? The Scotch who met X Drake has a shotgun arm, while the Scotch of the Yeti Bros. has two intact arms and wears a rifle. They are clearly different.

It would explain and it would also explain what became of him after his fight and would explain some of the weather anomalies.
    That has already been explained. The extreme cold and heat is a result of the clash of two logia powers from two years ago. The clash even created a new lake in the mid of the island with sea creatures living in it.

Aokiji has to reappear sooner or later anyway and the point that Akainu and Aokiji fofught on Punk hazard would be pointless if that doesn't come into play.
    That was nothing but the resolution of what Oda and Jump implied in the four week break inbetween the time skip. They had announced there that something happened - and that's it.

Also one last thing:
    http://mangafox.me/manga/one_piece/v65/c667/11.html
    what is this icicle pin cushion attack?
    How could the Yeti brother do this kind of thing?
    That's a simple trap. Just like Usopp pulled out a banana boat and some uchiha paddle out of a pop green. As they said: They expected them to be followed, left footprints to lure the pursuers towards a cliff - so it's natural they prepared something at the bottom.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

The reason that law switched the SH personalities(*in my opinion) is because he wanted to make sure that they won't just leave the island right after they figured things out(the samurai,"master" and the rest), and so that he could show luffy that he is "nice" . This will increase the chance that luffy will agree to law's suggestion.
    Since law saw/figured out that shanks and luffy are in good terms/luffy idolises shanks/allies/friends I don't believe he will ask luffy to betray shanks and defeat him. that leaves kaido or big mom(for some reason i don't even consider that idea that law wants to defeat blackbeard-at this point/with this plan) as the target for this plan.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay so about the talk concerning Kaidou. I personally don't think we'll get to see him right now . It would be too much IMO . I mean Oda already introduced us Big Mom and Luffy already made her his enemy . Now i'm asking : Would it really be a good idea to involve yet another Yonkou into the story ? From my personal view the answer would be no . 1st the thing with Big Mom must be solved then later we can have another Yonkou showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    1) Luffy stated quite clearly that he likes to be the captain. That probably means that He wont accept any alliance. He'll keep doing what He does and if it's fine, is fine and if it's not...it's also fine by him.
    I seriously don't think He will accept. And I think Law will probably understand and even so, help Luffy.
    Hmm yeah he did state he wanted to be a captain but that doesn't mean he won't accept an alliance with Law . After all accepting an alliance doesn't affect his captain position . Besides i think Luffy will accept 'cause after all he is indebted to Law and maybe that will be one of the principal reasons he'll accept though i guess it depends who this Yonkou that Law wants to take down is . IMO if it isn't Big Mom then i think Luffy won't accept 'cause let's see Shanks is out of the question since Luffy respects him and all, BB is in a higher league atm so he's out and Kaidou , he doesn't know the guy and Luffy isn't the type to get involved in this kind of things against people he doesn't know .

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Not necessarily. It's possible that they were a tad stronger than Zoro but no match for Luffy.
    You did saw they are total retards right ? Thre's no way they are stronger than Zoro , get real

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I know i am jumping to conclusions, but i cant seem to take this thought out of my mind: What will the world(and especially the gurosai) think after they hear that luffy and law teamed up and defeated a younko.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodai Senkan Mora View Post
    i on the other hand think its the frozen giant prisoners. they seem like they could be a handful to anyone were they organized into a crew
    I don't think that's what Law's talking about . I mean come one if that were indeed the key then it would really suck . That key has to be something of more importance . The way he said it make me think that so there's no way those prisoners are the key

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post

Anyway, as to Zoro, Sanji and Brook, I honestly don't get the connection in being shot drunk and confirmed dead. Doesn't make any sense to me. Why were they confirmed dead by the brothers, if they were just shot drunk? Are those guys stupid below common sense? Or am I missing something?
    They seem pretty stupid to me . Otherwise i also can't think of a reason as to why they said they killed them

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, to the people just above my post saying that the yeti bro's are a tad stronger than zoro this cant be true and luffy reflected rocks attack and monster chopper/ franky finished rock with the ice cube haha and scotch was beaten by law, what i technically saying is that im pretty sure zoro can easily beat them, as chopper can technically beat them with one throw pages 13 to 16 so again all im saying is im sure zoro could beat them http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/45623522/13

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

So Law is a true swordman. I mean he didnt use his "room" to cut the giant. If there is going to be an alliance than I suppose Law will be riding with the Strawhats, if he is alone here. So that could be interresting with him and Zorro and mabye Brook being swordmen.

New Reply
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast