Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter !!

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.53%
  • 2 (Average)

3 2.29%
  • 3 (Good)

17 12.98%
  • 4 (Great!)

57 43.51%
  • 5 (Epic)

48 36.64%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

4 3.05%
New Reply
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: One Piece 667 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 667 Discussion/ 668 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Since when has he been known as an opportunist? What opportunistic actions has he ever taken? Other than a few lines when he was first introduced what evidence in the text of the manga demonstrates he is an opportunist or a character of ill intent? How does rescuing Luffy and Jinbe at Marineford fit into your preconception of him?
    He didn't rescue Luffy and Jinbe because he wanted to be friends with them. He rescued Luffy, because he finds him "interesting", and that's all we've heard about his motivation. It is possible that he saved Luffy because he really likes him and is good-natured and all. It is also possible that he saved Luffy just to use him as an strong ally, that he can later backstab.

Of course he's an opportunist. Once Luffy appears randomly at the same island as him, he proposes a deal for an alliance and turns on the people that did trust him before. CC didn't, but the satyrs that he cut down sure did. He gave them Legs one day, then cuts them down the other day. How's that trustworthy?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I understand even the Yonkou are not strong enough to defeat each other. In addition to being individually strong, each crew is so powerful, and their territory so large that the victor would be mortally wounded and vulnerable to attack. The best anyone could hope for is minor harassment, Kid seizing a few of of Big Mam's ships or Drake attacking a lone island. That is why Law went to so much trouble finding Punk Hazard, Vegapunk's old weapons facility, and why Luffy will likely agree to help Law. Not only will it take an alliance but whatever is "sleeping" at Punk Hazard will be needed as well.
    IMHO what I get from reading the chapter and what Law is saying to Luffy, what is sleeping there in PH, that "important key" that could throw the NW into chaos that Law is referring to is the opportunity of an alliance between both crews.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    Of course he's an opportunist. Once Luffy appears randomly at the same island as him, he proposes a deal for an alliance and turns on the people that did trust him before. CC didn't, but the satyrs that he cut down sure did. He gave them Legs one day, then cuts them down the other day. How's that trustworthy?
    They should be able to reattach their body parts, so nothing is lost again.

Quote Originally Posted by osmeba View Post
    IMHO what I get from reading the chapter and what Law is saying to Luffy, what is sleeping there in PH, that "important key" that could throw the NW into chaos that Law is referring to is the opportunity of an alliance between both crews.
    On the prior page Law mentions that Luffy's arrival was an accident. It's clearly not the alliance that he meant: "But the truth is, sleeping here on the island is an "important key," that could throw the New World into chaos."
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    On the prior page Law mentions that Luffy's arrival was an accident. It's clearly not the alliance that he meant: "But the truth is, sleeping here on the island is an "important key," that could throw the New World into chaos."
    A matter of appreciation, I see it that way, you do it the other way, I guess we just need to wait til Oda shows what the key is

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regino's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by osmeba View Post
    A matter of appreciation, I see it that way, you do it the other way, I guess we just need to wait til Oda shows what the key is
    Maybe this Key is a very rae type of candy To disctract BigMom somehow
    "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Henry Ford

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

They should be able to reattach their body parts, so nothing is lost again.
    They are lying there disassembled in a frozen waste. If noone finds them, they'll die.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    I really don't want the SH to have to depend on others to survive in the NW, but if Luffy is going to face BM early on in the NW an Alliance would make sense.
    If even someone like Luffy could stroll into the NW and (no matter how hard it may be) and defeat a Yonkou, that would be a shock.
    Ey, remember Mr Dracule about Luffy on Marineford arc: "He has the most powerfull ability: to become a friend of everyone" (or somehitng like that)? So, Luffy depends on many others to survive (some references from the past: his crew, jimbe, law, buggy, bon chan, etc....). Of course, in this story, this is not a sign of weakness, but of strenght.

How was Brownbeard's explanation not enough? The prisoners were Vegapunk's test subjects, after the gas accident he abandoned Punk Hazard, leaving them behind. The prisoners then retreated to the remaining lab. Some were killed by the toxic gas, others survived but were paralyzed from the waster down. When CC returned he gave the survivors prosthetics, later when Law arrived he gave them animal legs. The corpses of the dead prisoners were left behind in the facility, frozen in place by Aokiji's ice during his battle with Akainu. Seeing as how they are already dead, they would make a lousy crew. If the poison had not killed them, let's assume that none survived being frozen alive. If they did, Aokiji sure has a shit devil fruit. The prisoner's are explained here, please re-read before mentioning them again: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...0/c664/12.html
    Where does it say that prisioners were Vegapunk's test subjects? Please correct me, but i think that has not been said at all (... but if that was said, then who said it?). I mean, man, I find your comment as naive as Chopper who can believe that Namy got this apperence after 2 years training. Brownbeard version of causes of what happens to prisioners is prisioners's version (who he met in the first place in VP) and prisioners version is CC's version (who he met later and who has brainwashed all of them). Now, are you going to believe CC's stories? I mean, for sure, Brownbeard has no legs, and was helped by CC and Law, but about the causes of his suffering, ... I suspect Vegapunk has a different version of what happens with his failed experiment. By now, I wouldnt buy any of those versions but I have to confess that I would like to trust Vegapunk. So... in the end, we are still not sure about why there are stillfrozen psisioners in facility.

Quote Originally Posted by beck26 View Post
    LAW: SLEEPING here on this island "is an important key"....that could throw the world in a chaos ===== im thinking its aokiji.
    I would love it would be Aokiji, but I think it is likely connected to VP's failed experiment and to the fact that PH is not tracked by log pose.
    Last edited by ukimix; May 22, 2012 at 08:09 PM. Reason: still learning to write

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Brownbeard version of causes of what happens to prisioners is prisioners's version (who he met in the first place in VP) and prisioners version is CC's version (who he met later and who has brainwashed all of them).
    There is no reason for the prisoners to lie about the experiments, the gas may have crippled them, but it didn't turn them to retards. Caesar arrived one year after the explosion. his "brain wash" was helping, enhancing and using them, while taking on a good appearance. If CC was part of a research team four years ago or not is a different issue.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no reason for the prisoners to lie about the experiments, the gas may have crippled them, but it didn't turn them to retards. Caesar arrived one year after the explosion. his "brain wash" was helping, enhancing and using them, while taking on a good appearance. If CC was part of a research team four years ago or not is a different issue.
    True, but the point is not about liying, but about brainwashing. Besides of that, none prisioner thinks of himself as a VP's experiment test subject.

It would be possible that an actually frozen prisioner could be a future experiment subject and a future loyal subordinate...

New Reply
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17