Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

  1. #61
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    Looks interesting, hopefully some group will pick it up. I still wonder why she suddenly dropped Orange without giving any reason why she did so. Some internal conflict with the publisher? I can't think of much else, considering how she's starting a new series not long after.

  2. #62
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member windy van's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    somewhere
    Country
    Indonesia
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    ^^^^^^ Yes, it's her new series..
    It's fantasy though...

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I tried her previous complete serie Dreaming Sun but did not really fell into it like I did for Orange. After a few chapters the main character annoyed me and I lost interest.
    Yeah, it's the same for me..
    Orange is definitely her masterpiece..
    I wonder if she is satistified with Orange being hiatus?

  3. #63
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    @windy van: You're not alone. The story is sad but I didn't cry either. But I did feel the sad and hurt feelings.

    I'm not very happy to know she has new series because she leaves Orange hanging open at the other side. I guess I'll still check it out if someone scans it, but I have high hopes for Orange too. Let's hope for the best.

  4. #64
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member windy van's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    somewhere
    Country
    Indonesia
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    @phio_chan: Waahh, I thought I'm the only one who didn't cry..

    Yes, she promised to finished Orange before, and considering how many fans asking for continuation of Orange, I hope she will fulfill our request..
    Even if it's not in the near future, i'll be waiting..

    ---------- Post added July 12, 2013 at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was July 10, 2013 at 04:03 AM ----------

    Hey, let's share your opinions..
    I don't feel too sad when reading Orange because honestly, I roots for Suwa..
    He is really sweet and kind, puts everyone before him, so I feel happy for him and Nao, that they could be together in the future..
    What makes Nao and others regreted it so much? Coz Kakeru's death was happened about ten years ago, yet they couldn't get over it. It's not really their fault after all, they didn't know about Kakeru's Mom, they didn't know what Kakeru was thinking about. And I can't get why the future Nao and Suwa decided to change the future to save Kakeru, they're already married, have that cute child. Their decisions to save Kakeru will results in their child inexistense. Didn't they consider this fact? I wonder..
    But, yes.. When you loved your friend so much, you will try everything to save them from death. But for me, Kakeru's death itself is one fate that they should face..
    People dying, what they tried to do will absolutely change someone's life. They should feel responsible for it. If Kakeru's being alive will results in his happiness then that's good. But if it makes his burden larger, it will make him suffer for more..
    Gosh, did it sound too harsh? Sorry, coz I felt so complicated when I read Orange. Yes, I wants them to have a happy ending for all, including Kakeru. His death makes me sad too..
    The only thing that I could accept is if there are parralel universe possibilities as people saying, or the fact that Kakeru didn't die and dating Nao will not change Nao and Suwa marriage. I mean they(Nao and Kakeru) could be dating, but then break up and Nao still marry Suwa..

    What about you? Did you think differently?

    'What one can do, what one cannot do, what one must do.. All These one must decide by oneself.'
    Bokura no Kiseki

  5. #65
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    Quote Originally Posted by windy van View Post
    And I can't get why the future Nao and Suwa decided to change the future to save Kakeru, they're already married, have that cute child. Their decisions to save Kakeru will results in their child inexistense. Didn't they consider this fact? I wonder..
    If I remember correctly, they didn't send a letter to their past selves in the same timeline. Instead they sent it to their past selves in another world, which probably has a result differently than in their world. I think they perfectly realized that they couldn't ruin their current life by changing the past, that's why they sent it to other parallel world, hoping that Kakeru could live at least in that world.

    Quote Originally Posted by windy van View Post
    But, yes.. When you loved your friend so much, you will try everything to save them from death. But for me, Kakeru's death itself is one fate that they should face..
    People dying, what they tried to do will absolutely change someone's life. They should feel responsible for it. If Kakeru's being alive will results in his happiness then that's good. But if it makes his burden larger, it will make him suffer for more..
    Gosh, did it sound too harsh? Sorry, coz I felt so complicated when I read Orange. Yes, I wants them to have a happy ending for all, including Kakeru. His death makes me sad too..
    The only thing that I could accept is if there are parralel universe possibilities as people saying, or the fact that Kakeru didn't die and dating Nao will not change Nao and Suwa marriage. I mean they(Nao and Kakeru) could be dating, but then break up and Nao still marry Suwa..
    That's true, and I'm positive they didn't want to make Kakeru go on living while still bringing all the guilt. That's why they sent a very detailed letter to their past selves to help Kakeru moving on from the guilt.

    What I said earlier in this thread was that I believe that we can't really stop death. Delayed maybe, but what's dead usually must stay dead, otherwise the price will be someone else's life. So I'm not yet sure of a happy ending between Nao and Kakeru.

    Which is why we need this series to be continued.... Takano Ichigo, pretty please.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #66
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member windy van's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    somewhere
    Country
    Indonesia
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    If I remember correctly, they didn't send a letter to their past selves in the same timeline. Instead they sent it to their past selves in another world, which probably has a result differently than in their world. I think they perfectly realized that they couldn't ruin their current life by changing the past, that's why they sent it to other parallel world, hoping that Kakeru could live at least in that world.
    Oh, is that so? I couldn't find where they stated it.
    Maybe I have to reread it again. haha..
    If it's like that then the parallel world theory should be right. I hope it's like that. That's better than they wanted to change their current life in their timeline..

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    What I said earlier in this thread was that I believe that we can't really stop death. Delayed maybe, but what's dead usually must stay dead, otherwise the price will be someone else's life. So I'm not yet sure of a happy ending between Nao and Kakeru.

    Which is why we need this series to be continued.... Takano Ichigo, pretty please.
    Oww, I'm so agree with you. They shouldn't interfered with someone's life and death in the first place. Yes, I think there's price for that too, at least that's what I believe in real life..

    And your last sentence is what I agree the most.. lol
    Takano Ichigo, you should keep your promise for continuing this one for us..

    'What one can do, what one cannot do, what one must do.. All These one must decide by oneself.'
    Bokura no Kiseki

  8. #67
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    Orange is coming back! It will resume in another magazine according to this news, but there's no fixed date yet. Still awesome news, I really feared this would never get resumed, now it's only a matter of time

  9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #68
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Orange is coming back! It will resume in another magazine according to this news, but there's no fixed date yet. Still awesome news, I really feared this would never get resumed, now it's only a matter of time
    oh my, so they only move its publisher? yes, I've been waiting for this moment for too long.

  11. #69
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,992
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    oh my, so they only move its publisher? yes, I've been waiting for this moment for too long.
    It's also switching demographic.

    ---------- Post added October 24, 2013 at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was October 23, 2013 at 08:14 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Orange is coming back! It will resume in another magazine according to this news, but there's no fixed date yet. Still awesome news, I really feared this would never get resumed, now it's only a matter of time
    There is a date. It will be out on October 25, in the December issue of Monthly Action. The cover and color pages were included in the link you provided:

    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM.

  12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #70
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    Isn't that just the mangaka's new work "Re:Collection"?

    According to Heiji the first new Orange chapter will be released next February.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heiji View Post
    .In fact, in Gekkan Action december issue (25/10) will have 1st chapter or Re:Collection, the new serie of author. In february issue (25/12) will have a book with chapter 9 of orange (published in Betsuma). And finaly, Orange chapter 10 will be publishing in april issue (25/02). After that serie will be publishing irregular.
    Still a long way to go =/ Though I will definitely check out the new work and then look forward to the continuation of Orange. Not really pleased with the fact that it's getting released irregularly but it's definitely better than just stopping the series here.

  14. #71
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    volumes 1 and 2 of Orange with the new editor have been released. The cover can be found on the twitter of manganewsjapon and probably in this site volume cover thread.

  15. #72
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    Chapter 10 is available to read on Crunchyroll.

    Beautiful color pages and Suwa is such a good friend

  16. #73
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    Chapter 11 is available on Crunchyroll!

    I really like how this chapter delved into the whole issue of the future changing and the contents of the letters not being as relevant as they used to be. Suwa and Naho used to depend on the letters like a crutch, doing as they said (or trying to), beating themselves over not doing as the letter said... It will be interesting to see what actions they take now, when they have the end goal in mind but not the step-by-step guidance the letters used to provide.

    It was a pretty big revelation that Suwa was also receiving letters a few chapters ago... But now the other two girls are acting a little strange as well. Makes me wonder if they have been receiving letters as well. Somehow I hope not, it would make it seem less special for Naho and Suwa... :/

    On a side note, I must say I really love this series. I'm so glad it's back from its hiatus and still going strong! I just hope Takano-sensei actually means to keep it going, when she first returned from the hiatus I had suspicions that she would just hurry the story to its ending to appease the fans, then go on and concentrate on her new series Re:Collection (which I'm enjoying quite a lot too).

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #74
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member barbapapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Genk
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    Yeah this is a good one, glad to be working on it.

  19. #75
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    It was a pretty big revelation that Suwa was also receiving letters a few chapters ago... But now the other two girls are acting a little strange as well. Makes me wonder if they have been receiving letters as well. Somehow I hope not, it would make it seem less special for Naho and Suwa... :/
    I think the other two girls probably found something from Suwa, as they cornered him that day. Probably Suwa explained the situation to them a bit and somehow came up with a plan to support Kakeru instead of following the letter as careful as they did previously.

    I guess I am kind of... nervous. Kakeru seems so fragile inside, and sometimes the act of overprotection can cause other kind of troubles to this kind of person. Naho and Suwa had thought of that too, and so they tried to "modify" their actions to accommodate the letters but doing it somehow differently. It's very interesting. My heart goes to Suwa and his situation, even worse for the other Suwa who had to send a letter to his copy telling him to forget his feelings for Naho.

    About Naho's lines that her actions might change the future so much that the letters could also be changed. It's been such a long time that I forget, but they are independently in different world, right? So Naho#2's actions cannot change the fact that Kakeru#1 died. So they are trying to save Kakeru#2. I guess the characters in world#2 do not know this yet?

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts