Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

Amazing. I smiled at the end of the chapter, even though I probably should be sad. I like how Suwa tried to be as accepting as he can although it is painful as well. When he was told that he was a fool, he seemed to understand it, but since all he wished for is for Naho's happiness he decided to play along with it. From the letter the young Naho seemed to catch the message of how much the future Naho took Suwa for granted and regretted that part, so she eventually thanked him. I was moved when Suwa cried. He lost something so big, yet he faced it happily.

Awesome series is awesome.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

this whole sci-fi feel to it is sort of jarring sometimes.

But I like the series.

What do you think will be the repercussions that she failed to follow the letters twice?

And I have a theory that Suwa also has a letter from the future...

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am really loving this series.

I have an ending prediction.

It seems to be apparent at this point that Kakeru committed suicide.

I think that ultimately he will still die at the same time. I think Naho will probably feel that she failed, and live with many regrets and doubts about how she could have done better, given him more happiness, etc, but when the future moment comes when they dig up the time capsule, this time Kakeru's letter will indicate his hopes, dreams, happiness with his friendships, etc. So in the end she will know that she "saved" him and have no regrets.

So in other words in this new parallel world, his death really will be an accident.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    this whole sci-fi feel to it is sort of jarring sometimes.

But I like the series.

What do you think will be the repercussions that she failed to follow the letters twice?

And I have a theory that Suwa also has a letter from the future...
    I understand that kind of feeling. I had it when I was following La Corda D'Oro; I seriously thought the part with magic was like a different universe with the part without it. Much better too without the magic, IMO.

She failed the letter twice, eh...

Quote Originally Posted by Dansan1 View Post
    I think that ultimately he will still die at the same time. I think Naho will probably feel that she failed, and live with many regrets and doubts about how she could have done better, given him more happiness, etc, but when the future moment comes when they dig up the time capsule, this time Kakeru's letter will indicate his hopes, dreams, happiness with his friendships, etc. So in the end she will know that she "saved" him and have no regrets.

So in other words in this new parallel world, his death really will be an accident.
    This is seriously awesome thinking. It makes sense quite much at the time being. So far Kakeru seems to have regrets on the way he lives, that he has a lot of bad memories from choices he made before. This theory also goes well with my idea that death usually isn't something avoidable. And that seems to be the happiest ending I can expect for now, haha~

What makes me wonder is how the word "save" is mentioned. As if it is not the usual "save" from death, but from something else.

Best answer for your question, baboysai-chan.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Limit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not going to lie, one of the only reasons I started this manga is because I accidentally clicked on Kaiten's sig. My god, I'm so happy I did.

I'm not really into shoujo but who can't like this tear-jerking story? It's so sad it just wraps in all your emotions so much you can't get out. The synopsis didn't sound really interesting but it really is. Naho trying to correct her past mistakes and make things right is pretty sweet, and all I can do is root for her. D;

Btw, new chapter is out.
    Spoiler: New Chapter Spoilers show

Quote Originally Posted by Dansan1 View Post

I'm not going to lie, that seems really possible seeing how sad this is, but I wouldn't be disappointed. I'd rather have him live but I can live with it if he doesn't. ;_;

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the amazing world of Orange, Limit!

Wow, the new chapter... Wow. We talked about that possibility before, and it really happened, wow. I didn't think of that. I simply though Suwa was being considerate since he could clearly tell what these two are feeling just like the other girls can. But to know that is surprising. And I'm glad we got to see more of Kakeru's past. Talking with Naho might have made it slightly lighter, but I can imagine just how hard things have been for him, how big his regret is. I'm really looking forward to see how these friends will be able to heal him of this.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

aaaah I knew it!!! Suwa had a letter, I knew it!!

anyway, that part of failing the letter the first time by inviting him turned out to be the greatest deal breaker of all time. >.> yikes.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what Suwa letters said about the first day, when they should have let Kakeru come back. Had he the same hesitation than Naho or else ?
    I wonder how the parallel universes will play a role. When you think about it, Adult Suwa is almost renouncing to his current love for the sake of rescuing a friend. That's a choice I wouldn't like to have. It's not so dramatic if he knows that it will only affect another universe, one where is friend is happy and him maybe less lucky.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I wonder how the parallel universes will play a role. When you think about it, Adult Suwa is almost renouncing to his current love for the sake of rescuing a friend. That's a choice I wouldn't like to have. It's not so dramatic if he knows that it will only affect another universe, one where is friend is happy and him maybe less lucky.
    Hm~ Let's see... First, Suwa knows that Naho likes Kakeru and vice versa. I don't know if he knows it from the future letter or not, but if we consider it clean with Naho's female friends (meaning they don't get future letters from themselves), then it is indeed pretty clear between those two. And in the previous chapters, I think I saw how Suwa struggled to make Naho happy but knowing that he is not the one she truly wants. In the future along the way probably something happened between those two that bonded them together, thus becoming one whole reason to make Suwa wanted to save Kakeru.

And the universe is indeed different, if I remember correctly. So the old, grown-up Suwa and Naho sent letters to their younger selves in a different world line. Meaning grown-up Suwa and Naho's lives wouldn't changed, but those younger ones would.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Orange is on this months cover of Betsuma, on sale November 11

15. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I started reading the series yesterday and finished all the 8 chapters in one go. What can I say?

First chapter I was like "hmmm okay, let's see"

Second chapter I was like "wow this looks really promising..."

Third chapter I was like "Holy mother of god, I love this series"

Fourth chapter... I had no thoughts because the story totally absorbed me. God I'm craving for a new chapter, I believe this is the first time a shoujo managed to make me so emotionally attached to the story and it's characters in such a short amount of time.

Somehow it felt like a very refreshing mix of AnoHana and Steins;Gate, I really like how the mangaka combines the romance theme with the supernatural aspect.
    I never expected this to turn out so awesome.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I just randomly thought of something.

Two of the friends received a letter from their future self of another world line. One letter we know its content, which leading towards saving Kakeru. The other letter is yet to be shown, but from what we see so far it seems like it also leads toward the same goal the first letter wants to achieve.

Conclusion? Kakeru received so much love from his friends.

I think that's one of the point that captivates all of us here, the feeling of friendship so strong between this five young people. I'm curious to see more of Kakeru side, why they all loved him so much.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

^I agree that Kakeru loved by his friends, but I think the main saviors would be Naho and Suwa. They are married (let's just say in the alternative future timeline) and it is known that basically both of them regretted their past actions. What I'm wondering is whether the letters sent to the past would affect the future relationship between Naho and Suwa or not, since.. well the letters seems to be made in order to make Kakeru and Naho in a happy relationship.

Giving my testimony about this series: This series is superb. SciFi, romance, and drama elements perfectly combined into a wonderful and touching story. The most shocking point is obviously chapter 8.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you two read the series at the same time? How strange, this master and minion.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    What I'm wondering is whether the letters sent to the past would affect the future relationship between Naho and Suwa or not, since.. well the letters seems to be made in order to make Kakeru and Naho in a happy relationship.
    You mean the married couple? Or the current Naho and Suwa? This is purely my guess: I think Naho the sender did love Suwa, that she had moved on from Kakeru. The regret she felt was because she couldn't save her friend, not in romantic way. Same goes with Suwa the sender. As for young Naho and Suwa we see at the moment... Correct me if I'm wrong but it feels like Suwa hasn't confessed yet although he has shown affection towards her? XD But Suwa had "given up" so we'll see. I think they'll be able to be good friends.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Did you two read the series at the same time? How strange, this master and minion.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    You mean the married couple? Or the current Naho and Suwa? This is purely my guess: I think Naho the sender did love Suwa, that she had moved on from Kakeru. The regret she felt was because she couldn't save her friend, not in romantic way. Same goes with Suwa the sender. As for young Naho and Suwa we see at the moment... Correct me if I'm wrong but it feels like Suwa hasn't confessed yet although he has shown affection towards her? XD But Suwa had "given up" so we'll see. I think they'll be able to be good friends.
    Probably should copy the little talk I had with Doku in my thread here:

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku
    That last page is amazing. I cannot wait for next chapter. OMFGGDGGAD this manga continues to impress me by every chapter, you know what, I have a theory:

The future doesn't change at all, and in the end it's still Suwa x Naho all the way , feel sorry for Kakeru though, but somehow I cannot root for him
    Yes, I didn't expect that. I thought Suwa only did everything out of kindness but looks like he knows about everything too. Raises some new questions for me but we better discuss that in the series thread. And yes, so far the manga has been awesome

That might even be possible, though I have to say that I root for Naho x Kakeru. Not that I dislike Suwa, it's okay if she ends up with him too but for some reason I prefer Kakeru. What makes you not root for him?

Edit: I thought most people would prefer Kakeru but looks like there's actually someone who prefers Suwa to be honest Kakeru received a lot more of the spotlight, maybe that's why I prefer him at the moment. Suwa appears to be your average, kind guy. Nothing bad with that but it's like there's so much more in Kakeru's case and I'm totally rooting for him and Nao

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast